Retrogading Aspects - Rahu and Ketu

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Retrogading Aspects - Rahu and Ketu

Post by Hina » 31 Jul 2010

[quote][/quote]If Sun is conjunct with Ketu, confidence is impaired. And the person may suffer on account of a father. The person may be secretive and distrustful.[quote][/quote]

I know a person with Sun with ketu in 10th houe. This is one of the most confident person I knoow. Not only that, wherever he works, he very soon rises to the top/ leadership position as he inspires so much faith and confidence in his ability to get things done. This is not just work, but even in social situations. In a group of people, he is soon the leader of a group. I have seen him get up & give extempore speeches in situations most people would hide. He is a born leader. Incidentally, he has saturn with rahu in 4th house.

He lost his father at an early age (25 years/ father was only 52).

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 31 Jul 2010

Re- previous post, he has other excellent yogas in his chart & also the right dasha periods. I believe that he succeeds despite rehu & ketu placed like that in his chart due to the great placement of other planets in his chart.

How do you judge a popular person in a chart where people naturally gravitate to such person?

vpn

Post by vpn » 04 Oct 2010

hi hina,

thanks so much for your post, read it late, unfortunately! yes, as far as confidence and getting social acceptance goes, i'm fortunate enough to garner the same too! what is bothering me is my own self assessment and my inability to break free from the shackles that i'm in right now. I'm desperate to leave my native place, have no piece of mind right now and in a patchy marriage too. Make no mistake, i've a lovely life partner, so something's wrong with me.

Can you please analyse and suggest?

vpn

Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Patriot » 06 Nov 2010

Dear All,

Greetings!!

What would be the (general)effect of the following combinations.

1. Rahu + sun in cancer( 10th house)
2. Rahu+ Sun in cancer( 7th house)
3. Rahu+moon in saggitarus(2nd house)
4. Ketu + sun in gemini( 8th house)

looking forward for your comments.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 22 Aug 2011

hi,
i am baffled by the exaltation signs of rahu and ketu. everyone says that rahu is exalted in taurus.but in Jhora they show rahu exalted in gemini while ketu exalted in sagitarius. which id true. it is important to know the exaltation signs because results vary for different eaxltation signs.also the issue of placement of venus with ketu. how much harmful for the native it is.
regards.

sweke

Post by sweke » 29 Sep 2011

I hope this reply is seen as its been long time since this thread was updated :) and I hope I am misspeaking.

In the case above: Sun and Ketu being bitter enemies Ketu is left "powerless. But Rahu and Saturn being good friends, Rahu is more powerful than Ketu.
So the effects you have described are more Rahu given. But note that Rahu is an impostor and manipulator. If the native has achieved a lot of this "too quickly and too easily" and by frauds you may see all these going away suddenly leaving the native and others shocked.
(as Shani is involved, the frauds will be such that they are practical necessities eg. bribes which cannot be avoided due to the nature of the organization etc)
Also note that Rahu does a lot of cover-up - so he may display strong confident persona at work, but may not be confident from within.
Saturn + Rahu in the 4th doesnt bode very well from an emotional perspective either - he may be covering up his emotional struggles, his problems at home, his childhood home, mother and mother's relatives.

Saturn + Rahu drishti on Sun is rather unfortunate as two strong malefic aspects usually signify a curse. On the 10th house Sun it strongly indicates a "pitru shaap". From the 4th house, it maybe coming from his mother's side.
Rahu's drishti to the 8th, 10th and 12th indicate that the "cursed atma" desires salvation, to be freed from the birth-death cycle and proper last rites. As the native's father is no more, the native himself can perform the "Shraddha" (Sun is also self) to pacify this soul per his religious beliefs.

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 09 Nov 2011

Last edited by anxious2711 on 13 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.

smilingakash

Post by smilingakash » 10 Nov 2011

Dear all,

I have Rahu in 12th House in Pisces.. Apparently whenever i have Rahu antardasha it has made me happy more often than not.. Most of the times it has given me opportunities to grow emotionally whence i tend to lag behind or even Rahu has put me out of some troubles.. Although it does take a lot out of me but in general ive always been lookin out for Rahu's AD in anticipation..

My 2 cents on its Dispositor i.e Jupiter in 11th house which in case of Rahu will play an imp role...

14th Nov 1986
16:45:00
Delhi

Regards

smilingakash :D

ashbunty

12th House Rahu/Saturn in Leo and 6th House Ketu/Moon Aquari

Post by ashbunty » 13 Aug 2012

Hello, Am Ashish Sharma born on
30th January 1979 at 22:40 Hrs. Raipur (CG).
I have Virgo Ascendant.
I have Venus in 4th house.
I have Sun, Mars & Mercury in 5th house.
I have Moon & Ketu in 6th house.
I have Jupiter in 11th house.
I have Shani & Rahu in 12th house.
I have Exalted Jupiter & Mars.
What Boons & Banes Has been Destined for me.
Kindly help.
My Questions are:
1. Do I have Pitr Dosh?
2. Does My Venus help in Property & Land?
3. When will I be stable financially?
4. Will I get Glory & Recognition in life and in which Field of Work?
5. Why Am I Here?

Thank You All.
Regards.

Ashish Sharma.

moody
Contributor
Contributor

Post by moody » 05 Oct 2012

Dear all,

I believe that Rahu is like Mercury and it rules its sign. Ketu is like Jupiter and rules its signs.

But I believe that Rahu Mooltrikona should be Virgo not Gemini as Mercury is strongest at Virgo and Rahu

should have mooltrikona there like Ketu and Jupiter have mooltrikona in Sagittarius.

Thank You.