Effects of a stationary (motion less) planet

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor
Effects of a stationary (motion less) planet

Post by mgprasad » 17 Nov 2012

Dear all,

What is the effect of a motionless planet in a horoscope?

I mean the planet which is preparing to go for retrograde and is still for few days (2-3 days for venus, 1 week for mars? etc..,)

I see that every article explaining the effect of retrograde planets and none describing the above scenario.

Also to note, it is not readily possible to see in a horoscope that the planet is motion less!! unless the astrologer adjusts the dates to really predict this.. which is easy with softwares..

Thanks,
Prasad
Last edited by mgprasad on 05 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Effects of a stationary (motion less) planet

Post by mgprasad » 20 Nov 2012

anyone any thoughts?

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 05 Dec 2012

I found some article on net about stationary planets.. here is the link..
http://askchristine.wordpress.com/2009/ ... f-the-rope

It is based on western astrology but still not sure what vedic system talks about it. Should I know sanskrit would have read BHPS in original format :)

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 11 Dec 2012

It talks about horary charts and not natal.
How different it can be from natal analysis ? :-~

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 20 Feb 2017

As per my research, astrologers describes and co-relates it to planets being statue.
Yes statue. A planet with low speed or a speed zero (few days before they either turn retrograde or direct) are called statue planets.
A statue planet will not give it's fruits (depending on the speed)
If it's speed is virtually zero, then no fruits from that planet.

As per my research only Saturn with speed zero is to be considered good.
Saturn being a harsh planet he will not give his results which are mainly dealt with lessons of life.. So the person will never go through testing times in his life!

Co-relate this with each planets.
Mercury being statue, the person will have difficulty speaking, weak at his/her education, will have issues in the brain (may be physically or mentally)
Jupiter being statue, will not have knowledge, may not get children, may not get a good guidance from other people (gurus or even father). A female may have a husband (or may not) who is emotionless.
Venus being statue, might not get pleasures of the material world. Might strive to get money. For a male, he might have a wife who is emotionless towards him.

There are other planetary combinations which needs to be studied to give complete answers for a horoscope. Above are just out of my own research and understanding in the field of astrology for over 8 years.

Some body new to astrology, please do not judge their wife/husband with the above analysis! and a through analysis of complete horoscope is to be made by an expert astrologer to give any decisive answers.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 20 Feb 2017

Your research seems to be paying off & its very good of you to come back to this thread after many years and updating with your findings.

I agree with the general direction of your findings. These apply to stationary grahas & similar tendencies emerge when a graha is in vakri movement and naturally the intensity depends on velocity of movement and the duration for which the graha has been vakri. One point I see different is wrt Shukra, which affects both genders, i.e. Dampatya Jeevana could be affected for either male of female.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 20 Feb 2017

Yes sir. Thank you for correcting. I am a humble student of life.

joyd

Post by joyd » 25 Oct 2017

MGP-you quoted as follows in your reply.."As per my research only Saturn with speed zero is to be considered good.Saturn being a harsh planet he will not give his results which are mainly dealt with lessons of life.. So the person will never go through testing times in his life."

Here i want to share my observations with stationary planets actions with a daily life example.so that every one can easily understand what it is-

I went in search of an address in a street [Planets direct motion] but i could found it due to my speed search or in a hurried state.so i again return back in the same street with a little bit of focussed view[retrogression].This time i succeed in my attempt.so after finishing my work at that address, while i am ready to return to my home,i just stopped a while and re collecting the surroundings of that address with much concentration and focus[stationery].

so what i want tell you here is-a stationary planet is not in a frozen state[what you called it as statute state] but it is halting at a point for some time and focusing it's energies on a particular issue,which is going to be a reality during its frozen period mentioned for different planets.

Adirect planet denotes ones absent mindedness,A retro planet makes you more alert and A stationary planet makes us to concentrate on one particular issue.The word statue is not a correct one in my sense.

joyd.

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 07 Jun 2018

Joyd, sorry for late response.
I think this forum/website needs to send notification to e-mail id when someone replies to your thread or posts.

Regarding your reply, I completely agree with your observations and also thank you for sharing these valuables.

But my post is not about transits. It is about Natal chart.
Stationary planets in one's natal chart has these meanings as explained.

Basically a stationary planet in one's natal chart gets carried on through out life time.a

Thanks,
MGP

joyd

Post by joyd » 07 Jun 2018

In natal charts ,if any planet in such state looses its all significations like as a yogi in a samadhi state..In other sense its significations are blown away.But you have to notice one key thing in it is-the planet which causes the sthambhana[stationary-freeze-as you described it as statue like word..] of other planet will be very comfortable.Hope you are clear now..

joyd.

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 10 Jun 2018

Joyd,

What do you mean by a planet causing sthambhana of other planet?

How can one planet cause sthambhana of another planet?

I am talking about a planet going sthambhana before it starts retrograde (this is by itself not involving other planets)

For eg., mars is going to retrograde and by june 16 2018, mars is going to be statue with 0 speed.

Thanks,
MGP

joyd

Post by joyd » 10 Jun 2018

you have to study a lot on sthmbhana [staue]in natal charts.when iam replying on trnasit statue things you are changing it to natal and viceversa. This sthambhana is nothing but statue.Google it ,study and then place your questions in a straight way and dont skip from transit to natal and natal to transit.Read your previous questions in this thread and my answers too for better clarity. Sthambhana is a basic principle in vedic astrology,without having proper understanding on sthambhana you cant forward on transit statue results of planets.

joyd.

Bindu*

Post by Bindu* » 10 Jun 2018

Some interesting cases with stationary planets

* Steve Jobs - stationary mercury (computers).
*Donald Trump - stationary jupiter (wealth) in 2nd house.
* B.V. Raman - Mercury stationary.
* Michelangelo - venus stationary
* Hillary Clinton - Mercury stationary.
* Author James Joyce Mars in gemini stationary.

joyd

Post by joyd » 11 Jun 2018

Bindu-Take any one chart in the above and share what you observed about stationary planet in their charts.For you Steve's chart is easy to find out.so do that one and share your astro views on stationary mercury.

joyd.

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 11 Jun 2018

joyd, I am not mixing natal with transit.
The example that I gave you is about current transit and those who born during this period, will have their natal mars sthambhi. just wanted to convey this point.

Bindu, interesting...
venus stationary did it bring relationship challenges to Michelangelo? so he became a painter?
But cannot apply same logic to other charts... sthambi planets did extremely well indeed!?

joyd

Bindu & mgp-Here are MA birth info.Make discussion on it.This chart shows a peculiar point in/on statue or stationary or sthmbhana angle.

Astro-Data bank chart of Michelangelo born on 6 March 1475 Jul.Cal. (15 Mar 1475 Greg.).Rating AA.
Take Greg calendar for discussion with 15th march As his dob,@Time 1:45 a.m.Place of birth-Caprese Michelangelo, ITALY, 11e59,/ 43n39..

At his time of birth venus speed is just 3'51"/ 6°54'37" N -latitude/ 16° 0'21" N -Declination..so are you consider his venus is in stationary mode ?

Pl.start your discussion in your way first on this venus POINT..

joyd.

joyd

mgp-people who born from 9th june after 11-59 pm to june-24th before 01-03a.m,the present position of mars is said to be under sthambhana or in statue or in stationary mode.Why bcz Mercury transiting the Gemini during the above mentioned periods and such mercury is the cause of sthambhana of Mars.so all mars significations under stand still mode.

joyd.

Bindu*

Post by Bindu* » 12 Jun 2018

[quote=joyd post_id=261091 time=1528740257 user_id=18243]
Bindu & mgp-Here are MA birth info.Make discussion on it.This chart shows a peculiar point in/on statue or stationary or sthmbhana angle.

Astro-Data bank chart of Michelangelo born on 6 March 1475 Jul.Cal. (15 Mar 1475 Greg.).Rating AA.
Take Greg calendar for discussion with 15th march As his dob,@Time 1:45 a.m.Place of birth-Caprese Michelangelo, ITALY, 11e59,/ 43n39..

At his time of birth venus speed is just 3'51"/ 6°54'37" N -latitude/ 16° 0'21" N -Declination..so are you consider his venus is in stationary mode ?

Pl.start your discussion in your way first on this venus POINT..

joyd.
[/quote]

Joyd,

I use solar fire software here, which is considered one of the best of the bigger programs. I have a stationary alert mode setting which puts an big S for all stationary planets. It is set with a 3 day orb for it.
In the report mode it says that it is 1,6 days before venus is perfectly stationary.
In my use of this parameter, it is stationary.

Placed in the creative 5th house of punya karma.

It is one of the key elements in his chart imo.

Just to be sure I checked the suiss epehemerids (the best) for 1475 the month michelangelo was born.
Venus is stationary just some day after his birth 6 March 1475.

*Not allowed to post attachments to posts here yet

joyd

Post by joyd » 12 Jun 2018

Bindu-yes that is if we take his date acc julian calender. solar fire is vedic or western ? Acc to vedic below to one to zero degree considered as "s"..Let we discuss this on vedic style.Thanks for participating ..If it is vedic software means, you can send those attachments to my mail [[SPAM]]..

joyd.

Bindu*

Post by Bindu* » 12 Jun 2018

Solar Fire is a big western program whith a vedic module in it as well.
It is used by many vedic astrologers as well for certain purposes as it is
a wonderfully well done program. Especially for transits wiew.
Otherwise I use also 'Shri Jyoti star'.

I and many vedic astrologers considers stationary planets to be in great power in the chart.
As shown by some of the examples above.

Look for example in the chart of astrological genious B.V RAMAN's chart.
He have his Mercury stationary.

In his Aquarius lagna mercury is the ruler of the 5th house and 8th house. Thus an indicator
of a deep mind

Vedic astrologer and pandit David Frawley writes about mercury for aqua lagna:
" Mercury as ruler of houses 5th and 8th, shows their capacity for profound intelligence,
deep and philosophical thinking and understanding of the mysteries of the psyche...."

Mercury stationary here gives additional strength to that capacity. It's not that mercury
becomes nonfunctional by being at a standstill.

joyd

Post by joyd » 13 Jun 2018

Bindu-what i mention in one of my above replies is-,if any planet in such state looses its all significations like as a yogi in a samadhi state..It means the planet concentrates one only one of its significations and its other significations are blown away.what an yogi do?-meditaete on only one key thing.Let us keep it aside for time being and dwell in to Michael chart.so share your views using your solar fire without any diagrams first.

joyd.

Bindu*

Post by Bindu* » 13 Jun 2018

Ok that sounds possible...research needed.

About Michelangelo. Interesting study...
Nothing particular imo about his chart making him perhaps the greatest artist ever.
At least in the same league as rembrandt, goya, picasso et.c

The chart express clearly some karmas met in this birth for him as some family issues with early loss
of mother et.c. No marriage.
( -debilitated lagna lord in 2nd house of family.
- ketu and malefics in 4th house.
-2nd lord saturn at sandhi in 8th house although vargottama).

Very religious.
(- sag lagna.
- sun and 9th lord and ketu in pisces.

Saturnian traits like melancholy, isolationist themes.

(Lagna lord debilitated in saturnian sign aspected by saturn.
Moon mercury in saturnian sign.
Moon and saturn interaction due to parivartana yoga)

Hardworking achiever

( rahu in 10th house aspected by saturn and mars.)

As for art....

-10th ruler in 3rd house of fine arts...
-Venus in 5th house of creativity STATIONARY
-Rahu in 10th house in chitra nakshatra ruled by
vishwakarma the celestial architect
(associating here to the making of the sistine chapel...
This was done 1508-1512 which was actually spanning
his Rahu subperiod.
- Venus is the strongest planet in shadbala.

joyd

i have some doubts about venus in your given inputs.. coming to shadbal strength of venus is just 133.The strongest shadbal planet is sun with 168 strength.so can you share your vies on my raised doubts? or solar fire soft ware showing the venus as strongest shadbal planet.pl throw some light on this..

joyd.

Bindu*

Post by Bindu* » 13 Jun 2018

Ok funny..

Using shri jyoti star (no shadbala mode in solar fire).
asc = 7'51 sag
moon = 16'12 aqua
sun = 7'29 pisces
venus = 8'09 aries

(note this is the chart given by both sri jyoti star and solar fire as well
as astrodienst converted to lahiri)

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Michelangelo

converted to Lahiri

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgi ... bocfknVIBA

Shadbala
venus is highest with 154 p .
Mars second 135 p

joyd

ok i am viewing through my JH and it shows the above figures.

joyd.