Gandanta dosha

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astrolearner15
Contributor
Contributor
Gandanta dosha

Post by astrolearner15 » 20 Oct 2012

What is the effect of Gandanta dosha on various planets, especially the nodes Rahu and Ketu?

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Gandanta dosha

Post by howzat » 27 Oct 2012

Gandanta dosha effect is not equal for all Grahas. for example If Ravi is in Gandanta in 1st degree of Aries Leo Sagittarius then Ravi is exalted in Navamsha and dashamsha. in last degree of pisces cancer and Scorpio Ravi gets Pisces Navamsha. for exact answer post birth details.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 29 Oct 2012

Howzat Jee

I am worried about gandta in my chart. can you help me in understand its implications.

23 July 1975, 7 35 am New Delhi

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » 29 Oct 2012

Dear Jolli

Guru in Gandanta but in friendly sign and with friendly lord. Guru is vargothama in several D charts. see his dwadasa vargeeya bala. he is very strong because of Vargothama strength. dont worry. but since lagna is at 0 degree fixing lagna is problem. if we cant fix lagna then how much strength Guru gets in shadbala is difficult to find out because shadbala is dependent on lagna.

nits
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nits » 29 Oct 2012

Last edited by nits on 30 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

howzat wrote:Dear Jolli

Guru in Gandanta but in friendly sign and with friendly lord. Guru is vargothama in several D charts. see his dwadasa vargeeya bala. he is very strong because of Vargothama strength. dont worry. but since lagna is at 0 degree fixing lagna is problem. if we cant fix lagna then how much strength Guru gets in shadbala is difficult to find out because shadbala is dependent on lagna.
Sir
Thanks for revert. I know my lagna is suspect, as its on border area. But quite sure that its leo. only other possibility is Cancer, as time has to be taken back.
But in that case Aires/ Mars + Jup occupy my 10th house. Where as i am job less since dec 2011 and hence that would not have been the case in case of cancer lagna.

Request your views , also my lagna Nk is owned by Ketu. Do you think it is a problem??

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » 29 Oct 2012

dear Jollie see getting correct birth time is impossible task. example see now in another thread chunkey pandey horoscope some have analyzed. everything they have explanation even if years are different. how that is possible. this is danger. for example Rahul dravid is having two horoscopes in astrology world. but he is saying he is only born once. both eminent astrologers are explaining every event with two different time. one is saying Pisces lagna and another Virgo lagna. both are great peoples in astro world. how that is possible. so if you take your horoscope to 10 different astrologers they will give 10 different lagnas for you. until 2011 you had job no? how is that? please see.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes Sir
I understand. Even i am sometimes feel that we have reduced sacred sciense of astrology to guesses and gimmicks.
First we try to justify even based on natal positions of planets, if that fail or do not fully justify then people quote the aspect/ dispositor relation ship along with transit. If even that also looks far fetched then i have seen many astrologers quote various nakshatra and their interaction in chart based on their tennent planets.

Point is, there are so many factors planet, sign, degree, Nk, Dasha, transits that if some one wants to justify an event, there is enough scope to do it.

I fully understand my own limitation on trying to make sense of jyotish. Its only because of circumstances that people like me try to get guidance/ solace from this. There are others who are real students/ bhakt of this sacred sciense like you.

My effort were to try and locate the lagna. but i feel that it is not possible. at least for now. may be god willing i will get answeres when time is right.

Thanks for your reverts.

astrolearner15
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrolearner15 » 29 Oct 2012

howzat wrote:Gandanta dosha effect is not equal for all Grahas. for example If Ravi is in Gandanta in 1st degree of Aries Leo Sagittarius then Ravi is exalted in Navamsha and dashamsha. in last degree of pisces cancer and Scorpio Ravi gets Pisces Navamsha. for exact answer post birth details.
Thank you for your reply. My Ketu is betwee 0 & 1 degree in Leo, and the Sun is at 28.5 degrees in Leo.
If I am not wrong, Ketu is under Gandanta Dosha?

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ketu in Leo begining makes him situated in his own Nk, if i am not worng.
That should be something.

What i beleive no graha is good or bad. Whatever they are, they are more powerful than us. They have power to influence us and rule over us. Afterall they are part of planetary cabinet. Its no small measure to reach that stage. They must have been very good, with lots of tapasya and sadhna, to reach there in first place! And to look at it from another prespective, if there is good n bad at level, they we are mere mortals. We are product of them only at some level. hence there will be good n bad in us as well.

If we humbly submit ourself to them, and pray sincerely they will not harm us. So do not worry. They are like god to us any way. The good or bad is between them.
Its like, when you are at bottom of pyramid, for you top 2 or 3 people are all same, with similar powers over u.
It do not matter, how they interact between themselves.

astrolearner15
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrolearner15 » 30 Oct 2012

jolli wrote:Ketu in Leo begining makes him situated in his own Nk, if i am not worng.
That should be something.

What i beleive no graha is good or bad. Whatever they are, they are more powerful than us. They have power to influence us and rule over us. Afterall they are part of planetary cabinet. Its no small measure to reach that stage. They must have been very good, with lots of tapasya and sadhna, to reach there in first place! And to look at it from another prespective, if there is good n bad at level, they we are mere mortals. We are product of them only at some level. hence there will be good n bad in us as well.

If we humbly submit ourself to them, and pray sincerely they will not harm us. So do not worry. They are like god to us any way. The good or bad is between them.
Its like, when you are at bottom of pyramid, for you top 2 or 3 people are all same, with similar powers over u.
It do not matter, how they interact between themselves.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the nakshatra is Magha. I agree with the rest of the post, that no graha is bad or good.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 30 Oct 2012

My lagna Nk is magha at 0 22' !
Its in gandata. many astrologers told me that lagna is weak. But i do not know how it affects and what are the steps i have to take so that it do not have any negative effects on me, if any.

Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Patriot » 08 Nov 2012

Howzatji,

what are effects of Gandanta dosha & can you please give explanation for each planet.

Request your help.

regards,

Eti
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Eti » 22 Nov 2013

Hello
I am anxious abt my sons horoscope 8.5.2010. Delhi9.35pm . He has gandanth Lagan or not and affect of that .
Thanks n regards eti

lokeshk75
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by lokeshk75 » 18 Aug 2018

Anybody can share their live experience having lagna gandanta dosham in their birth chart.

lokeshk75
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by lokeshk75 » 18 Aug 2018

[quote=jolli post_id=139823 time=1351507649 user_id=7916]
Howzat Jee

I am worried about gandta in my chart. can you help me in understand its implications.

23 July 1975, 7 35 am New Delhi
[/quote]

Can you please share your life experiences having lagna gandanta in your birth chart.

Agog
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agog » 20 Aug 2018

Don't know exactly but my lagna lord may be in gandant thou not acute" .50 degree orb" but still under" 3.20".
Member may highlight on this.
11/12/88 18:58 Abohar Punjab.

Thanks.

Agog
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agog » 12 Sep 2018

Hi could anyone reply to my query.

Thanks

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 21 Jan 2019

All the ketu and Mercury Nakshatras are considered gandanta as they are at the junction of fire and water signs. I know a few people with this in my close relatives. I believe the dosha is more if the moon is in gandanta I would request any learned members to correct me wherever I am wrong as I am a novice in the subject of astrology.

For magha they say Mathru gandam. Danger for mother. The natives mother had infection after child birth and child grew with grand mother for the first month. Also I feel there was emotional disconnect of the mother towards this child. Child went through lot of health issues and emotional hardships. Even though very talented there were obstacles and native did not materially do well the entire life. No shanti was done. This persons Lagna is Virgo. Saturn is Bhava vargotthama in 8th.

Another native with moola Nakshatra very talented had extreme hardships first 30 years but is very successful and very rich at the top of a very big It company. I don’t know the Lagna of this native.

Jai sriram

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justicetomeplease » 04 Mar 2019

Not just those, the Graha's are said to undergo Gandanta if Vaaresha & Titheesha conjuncts in the same house this special Gandaanta is known as Panchaanga Gandaanta. :)
Because day lord contains Agni & Tithi is the watery element in the Graha
Regards.