More on Combustion

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sathis
Contributor
Contributor
Re: More on Combustion

Post by sathis » 20 Sep 2012

Combustion is the worst damage that can done to a planet.

milredr

Post by milredr » 24 Sep 2012

Sir i have a basic question if I may ask. What happens to the combustion effects when the sun itself is debilitated?

Regards

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 24 Sep 2012

milredr ,
When Sun us neecha... it becomes more malefic. So it afflicts the conjunct planet negatively.
Weak Sun can bring out more evil.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

milredr

Post by milredr » 24 Sep 2012

Hi Girishwar,

Thanks for your reply. However read the exact opp of what you are saying. Can't remember where and hence wanted Rao Sir to clarify.

Thanks
Last edited by milredr on 09 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 Sep 2012

Girishwar & Milred:

IMO if sun is debilitated, the combustion of other planets is rendered ineffective, so other planets may as well retain their strengths and do better. Also, if sun is a benefic and so also the planet who is combust, then sun does good in his period rather than in the period of that planet.

Dev

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 25 Sep 2012

milredr wrote:However read the exact opp of what you are saying. Can't remember where...
Milred,

If I am remembering correctly (otherwise, a thousand apologies to them, whose name I am going to take now), Saindhavi ji and Astroboy had a discussion on it while reading a chart and Saindhavi ji said that if Sun is weak, the planet it is closely conjunct with won't be combust, which Astroboy didn't agree to.
Last edited by basab14 on 25 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

milredr

Post by milredr » 25 Sep 2012

Yellow i wasn't referring to reading it on LOVA. I read it in some book that I have. If i do find it, will quote the book. Thanks Yellow.

Regards
Last edited by milredr on 09 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 25 Sep 2012

You are welcome, Milred. Please do quote it if you find it as I would like to know about it.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

Digambar.Astrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Digambar.Astrologer » 25 Sep 2012

In my experience, a combust planet always looses strength. The extent of the effect depends on several factors.

- If Su is a benefic and is strong, and the plant being combust is also a benefic, the effect is mild, sometimes even yogkarak, if the Su and the other planet are well placed and strong, they can enhance certain aspects of each other.

- If sun is weak it's combustion depletes the strength of the other planet if benefic and magnifies the ills if the other planet is a malefic.

- If both Su and the combust planet are malefic, the effect is detrimental to both

- If Su and/or the combust planet are debilitated and malefic, indicates grave results

- If Su and /or the combust planet are debilitated and benefic, indicates mostly loss of significations mixed with bad results during weak periods and transits

Regards - Digambar
However big and beautiful a building may be, it is only the vacant space within, that is mainly useful to those who occupy it.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Sep 2012

Digambar:

I feel it is even more complex than what you have written, for me venus sun period was very good though venus is combust, sun is a benefic.

Dev

Digambar.Astrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Digambar.Astrologer » 25 Sep 2012

Pranam Dev ji,

I do agree that it is a lot more complicated than that. These are just a few very high level general guidelines that I would follow. I am not en expert by any means but based on what I have learned and experienced I believe that combustion is probably the most complicated and potentially the most detrimental weakness a planet can acquire. One should evaluate the planetary strengths, positions, strength of the MT houses and other aspects and conjunctions before making the call. Transit influences at the time can also make or brake the deal. But as I said, when Su is a benefic and Ve is also well placed and otherwise strong, the conjunction can prove to be fruitful although Ve is combust, it can even produce a raj yoga at times when the planets get aligned (no pun intended).

If you go back a few posts on this thread itself, you will see some analysis that was done on the chart of Oprah Winfrey. She has this combination and that turned out to be a rajyoga for her.

See my post from Sept 17th.

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 030606.htm

If you would like to share your birth details we can explore that further.

Regards
Digambar
However big and beautiful a building may be, it is only the vacant space within, that is mainly useful to those who occupy it.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 26 Sep 2012

Dear Digambar:

I agree what you said were general guidelines which could also be applicable to many charts but in some cases, it is very much complex.
I just took my own case and said, it is complex based on experience with my own horoscope and am not saying anything to prove you wrong. You may very well know much more astrology than me but still when you say something which is not applicable in my case, I will be the best person to say whether it applies or not, for that I need not be an expert even.

By the way my details
New Delhi 2.30 am 1st Feb 1962
Yes, you can see mine, I will be happy
Thanks
Dev

Digambar.Astrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Digambar.Astrologer » 27 Sep 2012

Pranam Dev Ji,

Your comments are very welcome. This forum is full of such knowledgeable persons like yourself which is the reason why people like me are driven to this site everyday to read, learn and discuss astrology.

Thank you for sharing your chart with us. One look at it and I now know exactly what you meant when you say it is a lot more complicated than how I was able to put. Very interesting chart I must say. But at this time I will stay on the subject of the Combustion of Ve.

Ve is the lord of the 12th but is very well placed in the 3rd and not afflicting any houses. It is fully combust. There are no malefic aspects to it in rashi chart and it is, by virtue of being fully combust, exactly conjunct a very well placed Su which is strong and not afflicted. Ve becomes the lord of the 2nd in navamsa and is again associated with Su in the 10th. Su is the lord of the 10th in rashi. These factors render both Su and Ve mostly strong and their association creates a benefic combination, although not a raj yoga. The placement of 7 planets in the 3rd creates several possibilities, both good and bad, relating to the matters of the 3rd and the planets there in based on the sub-periods and transit impacts.

During the MD of both Ve and Su the general trend should have been mostly progressive for you in terms of profession, income, wealth, family and partnerships. Is your profession by any chance related to medicine, law and/or government, or some combination of these? If yes these periods should have been very good. The sub-periods of Ju, Me, Mo and Sa to a lesser degree may not have been as good comparatively.

Please do share your thoughts and experiences with us. That will give us an opportunity to strengthen and/or correct our understanding in this matter.

Regards
Digambar

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 27 Sep 2012

Dear Digambar:

Thank you for your readings. There are many knowledgable people here, dont call me so, I have to accept without arrogance I am knowledgable but the subject is not astrology, in other fields.

Ve is the lord of the 12th but is very well placed in the 3rd and not afflicting any houses. It is fully combust. There are no malefic aspects to it in rashi chart and it is, by virtue of being fully combust, exactly conjunct a very well placed Su which is strong and not afflicted. Ve becomes the lord of the 2nd in navamsa and is again associated with Su in the 10th. Su is the lord of the 10th in rashi. These factors render both Su and Ve mostly strong and their association creates a benefic combination, although not a raj yoga. The placement of 7 planets in the 3rd creates several possibilities, both good and bad, relating to the matters of the 3rd and the planets there in based on the sub-periods and transit impacts.
During the MD of both Ve and Su the general trend should have been mostly progressive for you in terms of profession, income, wealth, family and partnerships. Is your profession by any chance related to medicine, law and/or government, or some combination of these? If yes these periods should have been very good. The sub-periods of Ju, Me, Mo and Sa to a lesser degree may not have been as good comparatively.

Some aspects of what you said are right and some not.

I am musically too very well talented, have given concerts and taught many students vocal and instrumental music. This flourished more in venus period and somewhat lesser in sun and moon.
Venus-jupiter period which is a two year 8 months period was the best period of my life till today, I cannot think of better periods. Till that period, I was almost so innocent and the only person I loved was my mother, noone else. I moved with others but my maximum liking was for my mother. So she saw me get my PhD, get my job in this period. Also students came in huge numbers to learn music from me just hearing me sing I declined but they persuaded me again and again. So when I taught them, it gave happiness to my mother, so I was so happy.
Then actually sun and moon periods of venus dasa were excellent, actually in budha dasa end, I was in the 4th class, when I came first, and all students loved me, I never differentiated whether they were rich or poor, which caste or religion, boy or girl. In fact even until 20s and even after that I was so innocent but the world would not let me to be so.

Then sat was bad I lost my mom but the same sent me abroad and so I could forget in new envt. Then
ketu and budha of venus dasa were quite bad, in sun dasa, rahu was somewhat bad, in moon dasa sat was very bad, guru also somewhat. Bud and ketu were quite good in fact.

So there is no correlation at all ie some buktis were good during some dasas and some bad during some dasas. Sun bukti, moon, mars, were generally always good, jup sat were also somewhat good, venus good, but moon dasa with sat was very bad, venus rahu was somewhat bad and gave mental torture somewhat but was otherwise good. Ketu during moon was good, in fact my misunderstanding with several relatives got cleared and it became friendly again. So it is all difficult to explain I think

Dev

Digambar.Astrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Digambar.Astrologer » 27 Sep 2012

Hello Dev ji,

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.

I can see how a strong Ve makes you very good with music. Why I thought your profession to be related to medicine law was the primary significator of profession, Su - king, doctor, chemist, is strong and conjunct Ve - legal and medicines. I would have expected to see Su's significations colored by those of Ve. But it seems that seven planets in the 3rd make the free will and personal initiative much stronger than that prospect.

Your attachment to your mother is explained by the Mo in the lagan. She clearly rules your "Self". The D10 LL Sa is also the lord of the 4th in the chart. Another affirmation of the importance of your mother in your life. Sa is also comparatively weak in your chart as it is combust, debilated in navamsa and closely conjunct the malefic Ma. This caused the separation from mother and your home land.

Me is also fairly weak as it is in old age, is combust and also conjunct the malefic Ke. Ju is also conjunct Ke, debilitated in rashi, and combust. So the antar dasha of Ju would be generally bad, baring when it is a sub period of a friendly planet like Ve, Su and Mo. Ke sub period would be generally bad especially for significations of H2, H11, Ju and Me. Same for Ra.

Ma, although a malefic and combust, is also exalted and conjunct the benefic Sa. It gives mixed results.

May god bless you always.

Regards
Digambar

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 27 Sep 2012

Dear Digambar:

Thank you very much for your analysis. Please call me Dev, I dont like ji.
Yes, I understand that, my love for my mother.
Anyway, this is where several astrologers gave different readings for me, I even have them saved somewhere, One said mercury is strongest.
Of course, others said different planets like sun, sat, mars, rahu, ketu etc to be strongest
Anyway, I am a chemist, doing R and D and also teaching I am extremely fond of teaching and teach for BTech, Master of science and also guide students for their projects. I have taught music and also slokas since I am quite well versed in sanskrit too.
No, I was in India when I lost my mother, after that I got a scholarship and I went to Germany, atleast that change of environment helped me come out of that tragedy, for me I would say, I felt like
my life was 100 with mother, and zero when I lost her. Even now, I feel my life is incomplete without her. In fact, it is due to that that I did not care even to buy bed, have washing machine, refrigerator, AC, car, grinder etc. I dont have them even now.
By nature, I am too simple but still short tempered at times and show arrogance when a person without any talent tries to justify wrong things. Otherwise I dont interfere with others.
Anyway, sat otherwise was not very bad. I cannot say, even mercury and ketu have been good in moon dasa, but moon buktis have been good but moon dasa swabukti and mars bukti were very good but not sat, which was the most horrible period.
As such, venus and jup never gave much problems They probably made me to be a strict vegetarian, eating not even cakes though I was in US, Canada, Germany in atmospheres where I found even several brahmins eating chicken and even beef.
I tell all this not as self praise but to understand the planets.
Dev

sathis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sathis » 27 Sep 2012

shilpa madam the ancients text say the sun cannot do much damage to its natural enemies saturn and venus.why you say it affects most its natural enemies?

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Sep 2012

sathis wrote:shilpa madam the ancients text say the sun cannot do much damage to its natural enemies saturn and venus.why you say it affects most its natural enemies?

Dear sathis,
whihc ancient text...can you share more details.
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Post by P.Srinivas. Rao » 30 Sep 2012

Next , we shall see why shubha kaaryas are not conducted when Guru or Shukra in astha kaal ?----
Some say Gurus astha kaal is important than Shukra and some other say Shukras astha kaal is more important than Guru. What is the Logic ? we shall see that in the next chapter.
Guru ---Rigveda karaka
Shukra –Yajurveda karaka
Both are----Adrashta karakas

Muhurthakaars in their grantha says that, If Shukra is asthangatha, Yajirvedis should not do any shubha kaaryas. But, Rigvedis can do the shubha kaarya in this period.`

Similarly, Rigvedis say, they cannot do the shubha kaaryas when Guru is asthangatha. But Yajurvedis can do the shubha kaarya in this period.

After that , Barghav rishi said , shubha kaarya can be done even if Guru is asthangatha but Shukras udaya is essential and shukra should not be astha for any reason at that time.

In total , if we observe Kaashyapa rishis point of view and those who expects overall shubha, even if one among Guru or Shukra is astha , one should not do ---Digging of wells, yajna, griha nirmana, prayana, devatha prathishta, vratha-arambha, vidyarambha, griha pravesh, maha dhaana, gardening, adhikar pravesh, vivaha, upanayana, etc, etc .

We have to follow this because, in Phala deepika 9th chapter, 19th shloka, it is said that-----
during asthangatha kaal, members in the family , pathni-puthras will get peeda ( problems ) . Matreshwara stated very , very clearly in phala deepika .
The same is applicable to jataka also. Since it is practically experienced, we can say that ,the phala in asthangatha kaal is shoonya. This is very much true.

Therefore the phala in asthangatha kaal are as follows:-

When Shukra is astha :-

Vaivahik jeevana astha-vyastha,
no marital happiness,
Bhoomi, Vahana, Vasthrabharana naasha,
No progress in ones work

When Guru is Astha:-

Court cases,
Vidya bhanga,
No peace in work place,
Peeda to pathni, puthra,
Devatha shraap at home,
Problems from banks, financial institution –socities and clubs
Known people will become shatru.

To be continued----------------
Astrology is not a Science of light, but it is the Science of life

sathis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sathis » 30 Sep 2012

shilpa wrote:
sathis wrote:shilpa madam the ancients text say the sun cannot do much damage to its natural enemies saturn and venus.why you say it affects most its natural enemies?

Dear sathis,
whihc ancient text...can you share more details.
regards
http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... f=1&t=7370

I read it on a famous classic its saravalli i think.

P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Post by P.Srinivas. Rao » 01 Oct 2012

Therefore, Shubha grahas should not be astha by any means, should not be in Neecha rsahi and should not be ketu graha nakshatra or one will face many problems if he does any shubha kaarya till the graha ( Guru or Shukra ) in Ketu nakshatra.

So ,in such a case, we should not get into troubles in doing shubha kaarya during astha kaal, believing some bodys conclusion .

We should do the shubha kaaryas only after knowing the vichaars from adhaar granthas.

Here, I don’t say that the vichaar told by Bhargava rishi is wrong. But as per the system and as per the calculation, we can do the shubha kaarya even when Guru is astha (and only when Shukra is udaya ) provided Guru is in Uchha rashi or in swa -kshetra or in swa-navamsha------said in Naadi grantha. But the phala is only 25% said by Agastya muni.

Some say that we are Rigvedis, for us Guru is udaya, so we will do the shubha kaarya even if Shukra is astha.

And some say, we are Yajurvedis, for us Shukra is udaya, we will do the shubha kaarya even if Guru is astha.

This is wrong notion, because both sects chant Rigveda as well as Yajurveda mantras. In otherwords, Rigvedis chant Yajurveda mantras and Yajurvedis chant Rigveda mantras.

Therefore, it is always better to do the shubha kaaryas when both Guru and Shukra are in udaya kaal.------said by Kashyap rishi.

No one should do the shubha kaarya during Guru or Shukras astha kaal.

Shukrachaarya is Mahaanubaava, Mrita sanjeevini upasaka. He is considered as Maha Tejaswi who got the Mrita sanjeevini vidya from Parama Shiva. So this Achaaryas ashirvad bala is very , very essential. He is the karaka for vivah and for prapanchik sukh. Therefore , let us pray Shukraachaarya and Brihaspthichaarya and get their anugrah.

Let us see one Vivah muhurtha given by very famous astrologer-----------------next

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 01 Oct 2012

Respected Rao Jee

Your above post has given me a lot of insight into mine case. I am putting here my thoughts and humbly request you to kindly give your comments.

All thorugh my life i have observed that during festival season and particularly on festival days like diwali or navratri etc, there is grah kalesh. The ritual planned is not executed properly.
To be honest, i have never fasted during navratri. in my whole life i have undertaken very few fasts , only on tuesdays.

Though i have gone to many temples , vaishno devi, sai baba shirdi, hanuman temple in rajasthan, one jyoritlinga, but never on my own initiative. Always as an acomplice.

I have always felt a hidden hand stopping me from undertaking any pooja or visit to temple, howsoever it may look easy and within grasp, i am not able to complete me.

Your above thought made me think and now i understand it is because my lagna and Guru,both are under Ketu Nk.

Is it due to above that even though some times willing, i am not so much inclined to go to Mandir or sacred places or undertake rituals. I do admit that i believe in god and remember god always. may not be with whole heart faith as is required.

If possible, kindly comment, what should i do going forward. I am under Rahu MD and Mars Ad.

I am leo lagna, with venus in lagna. Moon in 6th house, Rahu in 4th. Mars + Jupitor in 9th House. Saturn n Merc in 11th, though satrn degree is bang on sandhi between Gemini and Cancer.
Sun in cancer.

Folloing is list of NK owners, in whose NK the two Graha fall.

NK Graha
Ketu lagna Guru
Sani Surya Rahu
Surya Chandra Ketu
Shukra Mangal Shukra
Guru Budh Shani
Last edited by jolli on 04 Mar 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 01 Oct 2012

Rao Ji,

Very good information on combustion. Appreciate if you can speak to
1) Impact of Sun's strength on combustion. The hot discussion here is the combustion effect lessened when Sun itself is neecha or in enemy sign.
2) For muhurata it is never a good idea to have Ve and Ju combust. But we do not see the same respect accorded to Mercury, Mars and Saturn's combustion in muhurata.

Combustion in natal chart can have a very deep meaning as higlighted by Visti Larsen in a condensed article below. I found this very good.

http://srigaruda.com/attachments/070_as ... sta[1].pdf
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Vivah Muhurth.JPG
Vivah days Nakshatra-------- Punarvasu,

Time of Muhurth is ----------11.30 am, Mangalore,

Muhurth Lagna is------------ Vrishabha,

Now lets see:-

Guru aspects the Lagna --- Shubha.

Lagnadipathi Shukra is in Laabh sthana and Uchha--- Shubha.

Since it is Vivah , the 7th house should be Shuddha (Means -- No graha should be there in 7th house )--No graha in Sapthama sthana --- Shubha .

Sapthamadi Kuja is Uchha in bhagya sthana---Shubha .

Mano karaka, Saarvajanik karaka ( Public , Mass ), Samarambh karaka ( ceremony karaka ) Chandra is balishta and shubha.

PANCHAKA NISH- PANCHAKA SHUBHA.

Even though so much shubha is there in this Muhurth , but there is no shubha graha in Kendra and Shukra the Lagnadipathi in this case is ASTHA.

Since Lagnadipathi himself is Shukra and astha , the whole bhavishya has become shoonya.

Guru and Shukra are pradhaan ( most important ) shubha grahas, Lagna in papa graha madya, Sapthama sthana is also in papa graha madya.

It is true, Sapthama sthana is shudhha , but is in papargala and hence the bride has to suffer pain .

FOR THIS NO PARIHAR, ONE WOULD HAVE SEEN WHEN THIS MUHURTH LAGNA IS CHOSEN, WOULD HAVE THOUGHT FOR A WHILE, WHILE SELECTING THE VIVAH MUHURTH.

I need not tell u , what has happened within six months of the marriage ?, even though Shukra is Uchha during the Muhurth kaal

When Shukra is asthangatha, this Muhurtha is chosen and has been given by a very, very famous astrologer, a very learned person.

To be continued--------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

P.Srinivas. Rao
Donor
Donor

Guru and Shukra are Adrashta karakas, very-very important grahas among Nava grahas. When they become astha, their prakash/ light wont fall on this Bhoo mandala. So Adrashta may become Adrashta Heena.

Therefore , when Guru and Shukra become bala heena or in astha , shubha kaaryas cannot be performed.

Because, other grahas like –Ravi, Shani, kuja, rahu and Ketu are most malefic grahas,
Chandra become malefic when he is Ksheena Chandra,
Budha becomes papi when he is associated with papa grahas.

In this case one may raise a doubt that, can we do the shubha kaarya when one graha among Guru and Shukra is astha ?.

Deffinetely not. In one shubha graha, shubhatwa wont happen. When one graha becomes astha, other graha should be Uchha or Balaadya. Since Uchha graha gets 4 times more bala , we can do the shubha kaarya. But it is advisable only when there is no other alternative .

When two grahas becomes astha or any one of them is astha, it is not adviseable to do the following shubha kaarya.

Kshowra ( chowla or first cutting of hair of a child ),
Devatha prathishta,
Vivah,
Vidyarambha,
Griharambha,
Griha-pravesh, ( foundation stone laying )
Karna vedha,
Maha dhaan,
Vana ( forest ), gradening arambha,
Teertha yaatra,
Any new ventures or starting of any new business,
Pattabhishekha,
Punya kshetra darshan,
Punya nadhi snaan,
Upadesh sweekar,
Etc, etc , and also these shubha kaaryas cannot be done even during Adika or Kshaya maasa.

Graha Shanthi,
Rog- Japa,
Rog- homa ( rog= sicknes= anarogya ),
Rog- Shanthi,
Grahana Shanthi,
Nakshatra Shanthi,
Graha Shanthi; ( Griha= house. Graha= planet)
Etc, Etc . All these Karma kaaryas can be done during astha kaal.