More on Combustion

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
More on Combustion

Post by shilpa » 25 Aug 2012

It's a subject oft discussed........here are some notes, that I have compiled from varaious source, that I could validate .....and some based on experiences :

Affects of Combustions:

1. combustion affects the general planetary significations and
2. the significations of the house that is the Mool trikona house of the combust planets

For eg. A Leo ascendant…if Venus is combust the planetary signification of Venus such as emotions, gynecological organs etc will be affected.

And the MT house for Venus is Libra……which is the 3rd house…...so the 3rd house significations such as communication, relationship with siblings, writing abilities etc. will also be adversely affected.

Severity of combustion:
Combustion induces negativity / maleficity but not all cases of combustion are equally severe and following factors impact the severity…..

1. There is a stated degree of closeness given in various texts when a planet is deemed combust.
Over a period of time and with a number of charts my opinion has evolved to believe that
combustion is more and more severe as the degrees of separation is smaller.

2. If the combust planet is a functional malefic for the chart……and /or the lord of 6,8, 12th house…or the combustion occurs in the dusthans....then the malefic impact of combust planet is even more severe.

3. Natural enemies of sun are more impacted by combustion.

4. If sun is a malefic for the chart.

5. Conjunction with or the aspect of a malefic on the combust planet increases the severity of combustion

6. If the combust planet is Lagna lord also

Mitigations to combustion and Remedies:

1. If sun and /or combust planet is a benefic for the chart or a trinal lord or combustion occurs in a trinal house
2. Conjunction with or aspect of a benefic on the combust planet
3. Showing high amsabala in dasavarga charts.
4. If combust planet is not associated with Dusthans and not a functional malefic for the chart…….stones can be worn to strengthen the planet that is combust. Else poojas are the only remedies.

When the Combustion will have it’s maximum affect:

1. During it’s period
2. More importantly when a slow moving malefic transits over the combust planet or it’s Mool Trikona house or over the ascendant if the combust planet also happens to be the lagna lord.
3. When the combust planet transits over the natal combust planet…….if it is a fast moving planet and the dasa/antara of the planet is running.

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Nitin21

Re: More on Combustions

Post by Nitin21 » 25 Aug 2012

1. During it’s period
2. When the combust planet transits over the natal combust planet…….if it is a fast moving planet and the dasa/antara of the planet is running.
This is verifiable in my chart Shilpaji. Jupiter MD gave me a lot of struggle, although strong.

Also I noticed when Jupiter was exactly around 7 degrees in 2010 and transitted over my natal 99% combust jupiter, I lost my work.

Regards
Dufferest

felix1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: More on Combustion

Post by felix1 » 25 Aug 2012

I'm in the eye of the storm right now then...running SAT MD.
Sun & Sat within a degree apart.
Sat-Sat was hectic time but easily one of the best phases in my life.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

felix1 wrote:I'm in the eye of the storm right now then...running SAT MD.
Sun & Sat within a degree apart.
Sat-Sat was hectic time but easily one of the best phases in my life.
dear felix,
what is your datre, time, place of birth ?
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 25 Aug 2012

Shilpa

Is there a typing error?

You mentioned that stones cannot be used if the combust planets is not associated with Dusthanas or functional benefics.

Should it not be functional malefics?

Regards
Khoo

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Shilpa

Is there a typing error?

You mentioned that stones cannot be used if the combust planets is not associated with Dusthanas or functional benefics.

Should it not be functional malefics?

Regards
Khoo

Dear Khoo..thanks.....you are right ...i will make the correction.
regards

rathodp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rathodp » 25 Aug 2012

Mercury is the most combust planet,can you please list the effects of combust mercury in different houses.
My second/fifth lord mercury is combust in eighth house,what remedies will work for me as I am under Shani-mercury now,just started.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

rathodp wrote:Mercury is the most combust planet,can you please list the effects of combust mercury in different houses.
My second/fifth lord mercury is combust in eighth house,what remedies will work for me as I am under Shani-mercury now,just started.

Dear rathodp,

you can find house wise effects probably in some books or on the net.

It is not the purpose of the therad to list down all posisble interpretations.

But the objective is to:
--to elaborate some principles and concpets
--to look at some possible case studies based on user data.

i would encourgae you and interested students of astrology to apply these concepts and validate them further.
and share if there might be any interesting case studies that all will benefit from

regards

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 25 Aug 2012

Shilpa Jee

Can you help me in knowing if my Venus and Saturn are combust of not.

Thanks & Regards
Last edited by jolli on 04 Mar 2013, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 26 Aug 2012

jolli wrote:Shilpa Jee

Can you help me in knowing if my Venus and Saturn are combust of not.

23 July 1975
New Delhi
Morning 7 35 am

Thanks & Regards

Neitehr are combust as they are all in separte houses....and per the school of thought I follow combustion occurs when planets are in the same house as sun and within the combustible degrees.
Regards

unfathomable

Post by unfathomable » 26 Aug 2012

Respected Shilpaji:

I have combust Lord Saturn (9L and 10L) within 9 degrees. This combustion occurs in 2nd bhava/house. Got Mercury (2L and 5L), Sun (4L), and Lord Saturn (9L and 10L). Ups and Downs in career with combust 10L. Lord Saturn and Mercury in Rahu-ruled Arudra. Sun in Jupiter ruled Punarvasu. Details: 12.7.74 @0218 am Friday @ Bangalore. Eager for your analysis.

Thanks.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 26 Aug 2012

Shilpaji -

What would be the effects of combustion if sun is debilitated? What happens to Sun's friends (eg. Mars,Jupiter...) and enemies (venus,Saturn...),especially venus being in Moolatrikona and Saturn being exalted in Libra?

Thanks,
aganapa2.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 26 Aug 2012

aganapa2 wrote:Shilpaji -

What would be the effects of combustion if sun is debilitated? What happens to Sun's friends (eg. Mars,Jupiter...) and enemies (venus,Saturn...),especially venus being in Moolatrikona and Saturn being exalted in Libra?

Thanks,
aganapa2.
what houses they are in and what aspectsthey gett.
share the date, time place of birth please

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 26 Aug 2012

I have PM'ed the birth details.

Venus is combust in its moolatrikona being the lagna lord.Mars also is combust . Jupiter is far ahead in longitude.not sure if combustion effects would be felt.

No aspects though to lagna..

-aganapa2

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 27 Aug 2012

aganapa2 wrote:I have PM'ed the birth details.

Venus is combust in its moolatrikona being the lagna lord.Mars also is combust . Jupiter is far ahead in longitude.not sure if combustion effects would be felt.

-aganapa2
dear aganapa,

--Jupiter is not combust

--venus are Mars are fully combust but many of the conditions of mitigations apply such as:

1) the combustion occurs in the 1st house.....whihc is a kendra and kona house
2) venus is lord of 1st and 9th...the two trinal houses.... in it's MT house and also in a kendra and kona house.

3)both Venus and mars are conjunct with benefic Jupiter who.

4) No drishti of any malefics

so all in all.....Mars is the one that is a moderate level malefic because of combsution and the affects of combsution on Venus are largeyl mitigated.

regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 27 Aug 2012

Shilpa:

venus is lord of 1st and 9th...the two trinal houses.

Venus is lord of 1st and 8th and not 1st and 9th here.

Dev

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 27 Aug 2012

Thanks Shilpaji. Can you also throw some light on Sun's debility here?

- Does sun become less fiery in combustion because of debility or vice versa?
- How do we read the conjunction aspects of the other planets wrt the 11th house (i.e sun)?
- What aspects of 11th house significations be impacted?

Like for ex 1,2,11 lords in conjunction forms a dhana yoga. Does it mean the Dhana Yoga here will be muted because of Sun's debility and combustion thereof?

Thanks,
aganapa2

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 28 Aug 2012

aganapa2 wrote:Thanks Shilpaji. Can you also throw some light on Sun's debility here?

- Does sun become less fiery in combustion because of debility or vice versa?

debility makes a planet more malefic....and it would be futehr more if the planet is ruling a dusthan or the combustion occurs in a dusthan....no of whihc applies here.

- How do we read the conjunction aspects of the other planets wrt the 11th house (i.e sun)?
- What aspects of 11th house significations be impacted?

Like for ex 1,2,11 lords in conjunction forms a dhana yoga. Does it mean the Dhana Yoga here will be muted because of Sun's debility and combustion thereof?

the yogas formed depend on the strength of planets involved so venus is not much weakened....Mars is somewhat and sun is defnitely weak.....

Thanks,
aganapa2

KET

Post by KET » 28 Aug 2012

aganapa2 wrote:I have PM'ed the birth details.

-aganapa2
Hi

1. Generally, a combust malefic planet in the lagna ....may promote grief and short life.
2. Generally, a malefic planet in the asc ( aspect to lord of 6th/8th) may result sickness/ poverty
3. Combust planet in the asc, disturbs the general and matrimonial life (may suffer to a larger extent.)
4. When Me(most of the time this planet is combust) is combust and is the lord of kendra/trine... setback in the education

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Aug 2012

Ket
When Me(most of the time this planet is combust) is combust and is the lord of kendra/trine... setback in the education

This is not true, my close relative has deep combust mercury less than half a degree and it is 9th lord placed in 4th He did EEE and studied very well, had no breaks, was almost a topper in the class.

In my own case, the most combust(99%) planet dasa was much much better than the noncombust planet dasa.

Dev
Last edited by Dev on 29 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: More on Combustions

Post by shilpa » 29 Aug 2012

astroduffer wrote:

1. During it’s period
2. When the combust planet transits over the natal combust planet…….if it is a fast moving planet and the dasa/antara of the planet is running.
This is verifiable in my chart Shilpaji. Jupiter MD gave me a lot of struggle, although strong.

Also I noticed when Jupiter was exactly around 7 degrees in 2010 and transitted over my natal 99% combust jupiter, I lost my work.

Regards
Dufferest
Dear astroD...thanks for the feedback

jcb
Donor
Donor

Post by jcb » 29 Aug 2012

Shilpaji,

My son has Libra Lagna and 9th (Mithuna) lord Mercury is under combustion in 12th ( Kanya) own house . Mars, Jupiter (?) are also under combustion in 12th house. Also both Sun and Lagna are in Chitta Nakshatra but in different houses. He is under Kala Sarpa Yoga and Sarpa Dosha too.
Would you please through some light on this case?

DOB:11=Oct -2004, Time:7:03 AM, Hyderabad

Regards,
JCB

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 29 Aug 2012

jcb wrote:Shilpaji,

My son has Libra Lagna and 9th (Mithuna) lord Mercury is under combustion in 12th ( Kanya) own house . Mars, Jupiter (?) are also under combustion in 12th house. Also both Sun and Lagna are in Chitta Nakshatra but in different houses. He is under Kala Sarpa Yoga and Sarpa Dosha too.
Would you please through some light on this case?

DOB:11=Oct -2004, Time:7:03 AM, Hyderabad

Regards,
JCB
dear Jcb,

Let's look at the 12th house first...

--Me is combust...but is mitigated as it is in exaltation, lord of 9th the strongest trinal house.... and conjunction with benfic Jupiter

--Jup is not combust hence by conjunction it offers mitigation to the entire combustion phenomenons in 12th house

--Ma is mildly combust and mitigated by conjucntion with benefic Jupiter and benefic Me ( exalted and Lord of 9th)....hence Ma is only mildly Malefic for the chart.

--Overall combustion does not hit very hard in this chart and as explained earlier in this thread I believe combustion occurs when planet is in the same house as sun.

--Vedic astrology can be run in many distinct schools such as the classical houses and their lords based approach........Nakshatra paddati.....Jaimini Karak approach....and a few others...
Normally...from beginers to even moderately advanced level atsrology students....it is advisable to stick within the boundaries of one system.

Jumping across and mixing systems is possible but for very sharp minds and really advanced astrologers.....who solve a lot of equations in their minds. There are no more than 2 or 3 such imminently sharp people on this board.

rest create a glorious mess...when they jump boundaries.

-- as for Kaal sarpa Yoga or Dosha........I have stated before on this forum...it is not a known Yogas per any of our scriptures or classics.....but a modern day invention of commercial astrologers.

Just ignore KSY/KSD...and treat Ra-Ke per the merit of their placements regardless of whether all planets are within or outside.

Looking at the chart snapshot on the whole....

--The kid will be good in academics and creative skills, wise and will learn fast...as denoted by exalted 9th Lord Me in rasi and swakshetra Jupiter in the 5th house of abilities in navamsa.
Vargottama shani will teach him discipline and virtues of hard work.
sun in his digbala house the 10th and in swakshetra Leo.....of navamsa will give him satisfaction and happiness in his career.

--the superimposition of 9th and 12th Lord in the 12th house of foreign connnections and formation of Raj and Dhana yogas there will ensure that he is a self made, well educatd professional who will earn well in his career...most likely in aforeign land.

--and not becasue of KSY/KSD...but simple because of being on the 1-7 axis of ket-ra, that are malefic for this chart and the drishti of malefic mangal on the 7th house in rasi( although mitigated by conjunction with Jupiter) and the placement of mangal in the 7th house of navamsa means......troubles in forging and sustaining realtionships.......and in married life after he gets married.

From an early age poojans, piousness on Tuesdays and Saturday...appeasement of hanumanji and Rahudev.....and concious undertsanding that, that is a weak part of the chart will help him manage the realtionship side of life better when he grows old enough.

regards

ganeshgadag

Post by ganeshgadag » 30 Aug 2012

Namaste shilpa ji -

My dob:22-10-1989 ,07-32am,belgaum karnataka india

Libra ascendant with atmakaraka mars combust in 12th house with mercury and mars is also in mrityu bhaga how could it affect me ??

Any remedies ??

Regards , ganesh

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Aug 2012

ganeshgadag wrote:Namaste shilpa ji -

My dob:22-10-1989 ,07-32am,belgaum karnataka india

Libra ascendant with atmakaraka mars combust in 12th house with mercury and mars is also in mrityu bhaga how could it affect me ??

Any remedies ??

Regards , ganesh

Dear ganeshgadag,

I see sun in your 1st house and Ma/me in the 12th house....so no combustion.

Sun is debilitated though and you should do surya namaksar/ jalarpan and chat surya Beej mantra daily
regards