Conjunction with Ketu

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
SuryaLagna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Conjunction with Ketu

Post by SuryaLagna » 31 Aug 2012

Thank you Dr Neeraj
God Bless

'Successful people dont have friends, they only have competitors and enemies'

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 01 Sep 2012

Somehow I have never seen Ketu enhancing powers of Venus if Venus is placed in OH/Pisces.

Ketu is known to detach and sucks the energy out of Venus. It will attract material wealth and sensual pleasures of Venus however will eventually feel dissatisfied and will detach from Venusians treasures.

Venus+Ketu can give perpetual disappointments/dissatisfactions in married life. The person is always dissatisfied with marriage/spouse whether its the first or nth (esp. true in male nativity). It also shows that the native has been working out Karma from Venusians realm. On the other hand, Ketu+Venus can increase interest in arts, fashion, etc. So I guess, there are some pros to this combination. it may also make a person either austere to opposite sex or may make a person frack (this depends on how close is Ketu to Venus).

Here are few examples with this combination:
1. King Henry VIII, Venus in own house (Taurus) with Ketu. Ambivalence towards partners and never treated them fairly. However, native was interested in arts, jewels, and other Venus related objects. Had several mistresses and wives.

2. Nelson Mandela, Venus in own house (Taurus) with Ketu. More than one marriage, however the native always remained away from spouse due to forced circumstances.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 01 Sep 2012

by krishnagopal1968 » 310812

Dear Neeraj ji,

I have observed even own house venus conjunct ketu, has not given very gud results. The following chart came in a forum.

Dec 8th, 1967, 8.58 am, calcutta.

Native a female, got married late , in 32-33 years (In Sat-Sun!) and also got a child at 37 years. (In Sat-Rahu)

As per her feedback, she faced many ups and downs in career and only education part wise, she is fortunate (got 2 degrees and PHD). But she went to USA in Sat-ven period.

Venus-ketu gave her a scandal time in youth.

I think, whatever results you ascribed, holds true in Rahu's case ie, in conjunction with rahu.

With ketu, ofcourse there may be exceptions, results are murky in mundane matters. But in spiritual matters or like astrology and other sciences, ketu can give very great results. Prabhupada's ketu dasa has given very fast growth of ISKCON in a short time but also his mysterious death in its period. His ketu with own house sun with jupite
Ketu is conjunct with Venus[10L] in 10H and made it very strong but Venus in 10H is with least Digbala and also Venus the Yogakarka for Capricorn Lagna. For the'' Karkattawa '' both Venus and Ketu are opposite to each other. Since 5L[ Trikone] is in 10H[ Kendra] a Rajyoga, it has given the best result for education[ may be in Language or computers] .regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 02 Sep 2012

sir,
my venus is not conjunct ketu but my venus is under the nakshatra of ketu. I face no detachment or any kind of dissatisfaction from my married life. In fact I am too possessive about my spouse. venus under the nakshrta of ketu has not at all diluted the vesuvian qualities. but I do a lot for the family.
regards

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 02 Sep 2012

Your observation is right Anu ji.

But instead of ketu, if rahu would conjunct, then results vary to much greater degree.

The exceptions i have seen is, while at the other side rahu conjunct with benefics. This kind of set up rahu+own house or exalted or deb planet and ketu+ .....planet, is also found to be giving good results.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 02 Sep 2012

2002diksha wrote:sir,
my venus is not conjunct ketu but my venus is under the nakshatra of ketu. I face no detachment or any kind of dissatisfaction from my married life. In fact I am too possessive about my spouse. venus under the nakshrta of ketu has not at all diluted the vesuvian qualities. but I do a lot for the family.
regards

Diksha:

We are speaking apples and oranges.

The above is to discuss if Ketu conjunct with planet (such as Venus, Jupiter, etc.) in own house or exaltation house of the planet.

Venus+Ketu is more valid in male nativity than in females but I have seen few female charts displaying the same. For females, Jupiter, 7h/L and 8H/L plays more importance this is explicitly explained and touted as Stree Jataka.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 02 Sep 2012

exploringji,
you are right. my example may be a bit away from topic being discussed. but see the chart of pandit sanjay rath. he also had venus and ketu conjunct the navamsa ascendant but he had no such complications in his married life. so i think venus and ketu combine does not affect all eqaully.
regards

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 03 Sep 2012

2002diksha wrote:exploringji,
you are right. my example may be a bit away from topic being discussed. but see the chart of pandit sanjay rath. he also had venus and ketu conjunct the navamsa ascendant but he had no such complications in his married life. so i think venus and ketu combine does not affect all eqaully.
regards

Diksha:

I do not have his birth details nor his horoscope, please could you share.

I do not want to start an unhealthy discussion, so please take this in a positive way:

As far as I know, complications does not necessary mean adversarial it could also mean staying away from the person under forced circumstances. Sanjay Rath's travels a lot. Furthermore, having multiple marriages is definitely not well-received in India esp. in 1990s. I can give several examples illustrating the same (Venus+Ketu conjunct effects) even if Venus is placed in other signs however this is not the topic of this thread and I do not want to digress from the topic of this thread.

However, that been said, just to reiterate the topic of this thread is to discuss if Ketu+Planet will amplify the power of that planet 4 times and/or if there are any tradeoffs esp. if the planet is placed in OH/exaltation.

So unless, Sanjay Rath's navamsa lagna is Taurus, Libra, or Pisces, and if the same conjunction also exist in his natal chart, we can discuss ahead or else if we should rest this matter here.

Thanks.

P.S.: In transit, Saturn+Mars are conjunct, which may cause unnecessarily conflicts, aggressions, episodic rise of adrenaline, mass shootings, disasters like earthquakes, etc.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 03 Sep 2012

sir,
below i am giving the birth details of pandit sanjay rath as requested.
august 7 1963.
21:15(0-24hrs)
83E58
21N27

i very much interested in this combination (venus and ketu).
my sister has this combination and she is soon getting married. I wish best fro her. naturally I am a bit shaken after reading so many broken stories.
could you write more about this combination so that we at least get a bird's eye view on this combination.the broken marriages are based solely on the basis of this combination or some other factors combined too.In India still marriage is considered sacrosanct till now.divorces are till date very difficult especially for girl.
regards

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 Sep 2012

Dear Diksha

With the given data i got Pisces Asc and Ven is placed in Cancer while Ketu is in Sagittarius There's no such conjunction. Even in D-9 there's no conjunction (as per PL7 software, it is a conjunction in JHora).

Now there are 2 things
a) The dictum is about the conjunction in D-1 not in D-9.
b) There's no such things as conjunction in D-9.

Plz see Ven is in Cancer & Ketu is in Sagittarius. Actually they are more than 120 deg apart. Actually when we make D-9, whatsoever planet is placed in same navamsa, are clubbed together in a chart called D-9. Why we do this is coz of the reason that these planets under same navamsa are under the same energy level. But saying conjunction in D-9 is totally misleading.
Now if Ketu & other planet are very closed then they will fall in same navamsa and it may appear as conjunction in D-9 too. But only in D-1, conjunction of Ketu with any planet (placed in own/MT/exalted sign) will increase the power of other planet.

Moreover merely Rahu Ketu are not responsible for breaking of marriage. So many factors are there.
When we talk about marital matters, There're many factors to be seen:
a) Inclination towards opposite sex: Condition of karaka Ven (for boys) and Jup (for gals)
b) Relationship with spouse (Nature of spouse): To be decided by 7L from lagna/Moon/Karakamansha lagna
c) Length of the marriage: Relationship of 8L with 7H/L
d) Bed pleasures: 12H/L

There may be affliction to one of the above mentioned parameter or to more than one. Like we've marriages which are not broken but nothing left in it but officially its not divorce, or extra marital relations etc. I think more on this topic could be found in relevant section.

regards
Neeraj

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 04 Sep 2012

Hi! Dr.Neerajji,
Last edited by tripura on 06 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 05 Sep 2012

Dear Tripura
The first thing that i saw in her chart is the Sat got 0 Astakvarga score in Leo sign. Now plz remember the basic principle of astakvarga, whenever Sat transits any sign in which it got 0 score, that time will be troublesome for the native. It'll be further enhanced if the running dasha is also of Sat.
In her chart Sat got 0 SAV score in Cancer and Sat transited thru Cancer in Sept 04-Nov 06 (Age 13-15) and the dasha this time was Sat-Moon & Sat-Mars.
Her Sat is debilitated (though neechbhang as Mars is exalted in kendra) in D-9.
Moon is 8L in exchange with 4L Jup. This shd have been a tough time for her.

Generally it is believed that planets who are in exchange gives each other's results in their dasha. Here Moon might have given its results in the dasha of Jup in Sat-Jup dasha.

Now LL Jup in 8H in exaltation & associated with Ketu must give him inclination towards occult science as well as sadhna. This is confirmed from Moon lagna (also the karakamansha lagna) too where LL Jup is in 5H with Ketu. 5H indicates poorva janam and exalted Jup & Ketu here means actions related with spirituality & sadhna in the previous life. Further LL Jup is in sapr drekkan which indicates kundilini shakti, essential for sadhna.
But I dnt believe his current lifetime is meant for spiritual sadhna. Reasons are Ven is very powerful (in own/friend sign in D-1 & D-9, strongest in vimshopak bala as well as shad bala), exchange between 5L Mars & 7L Mer inndicates her attachment towards opposite sex. And as such no big combinations for spiritual practices exists. Even in D-20, 12H contain exalted Ven, rendering all bodilly/physical comforts and denying spiritual experiences.

Her present dasha is Mer-Mer-Ven. Mer shd give her marriage. Ven may give her competition/enemy action as of now.

As regard stone i wont recommend any stone as of now. Gud Stone for her are Red Coral & Ruby but in Mer dasha these may be very harmful.

God bless her
Neeraj

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 06 Sep 2012

Dr.Neeraj,
thanks for the feedback.
regards
tripura

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 07 Sep 2012

2002diksha wrote:sir,
below i am giving the birth details of pandit sanjay rath as requested.
august 7 1963.
21:15(0-24hrs)
83E58
21N27

i very much interested in this combination (venus and ketu).
my sister has this combination and she is soon getting married. I wish best fro her. naturally I am a bit shaken after reading so many broken stories.
could you write more about this combination so that we at least get a bird's eye view on this combination.the broken marriages are based solely on the basis of this combination or some other factors combined too.In India still marriage is considered sacrosanct till now.divorces are till date very difficult especially for girl.
regards
Diksha:

Venus+Ketu does not lead to divorce there are lot of other factors involved as explained in my earlier post but may cause marital distress, dissatisfaction in marital life, separation from spouse under forced circumstances, etc. there is a thread on this forum and I have explained all possible factors. This is more adverse in males than in females.

I am happy to discuss on this matter and we should take it offline and respect the topic of this thread.

babaji77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by babaji77 » 10 Sep 2012

Dear Dr Neeraj,

Here is another chart for your research.

Native is a female with Ketu conjuct exalted but retro Saturn in the 4th House for Cancer lagna.

Kindly throw some light on how's her future and particularly how saturn and ketu will behave for her. I am curious as saturn is malefic for Cancer lagna. Whats the impact of saturn and ketu aspecting Venus in 10th House?

DOB: 22 june 1985
TOB: 7:46 am
POB: Hamirpur Himachal India

Thanks in advance

Kunal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kunal » 11 Sep 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:
Tiwari wrote: Neeraj,
Thanks for this post. Should we assume the opposite when an exalted ketu conjuncts with a debilitated planet, say moon? Or am I being too general here?
Warmly,
T
Dear T
Thats an interesting dimension to study. I'm working on research on Ketu & planet placed in own/MT/exalted sign. The dictum says results of other planet will be increased 4 times but it has not given whether they'll be gud or bad.
I feel we shd use logic as in classics its also mentioned that Ketu Mars conjunction gives fire. Now we need to see whether Ketu & Mars (in Aries or scorpio) will give explosion or nothing?
Likewise Ketu with Sun or Moon gives eclipse. So whether it'll be gud id Sun/Moon are in their own sign?
Finally Sat Ketu conjunction is considered quite malefic but whether its results will improve?

Then as KET mentioned in the dasha of Ketu things will be over finally. Lets validate this too in the charts that we've.

Lets keep going...
Regards
Neeraj
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Neeraj ji.I've read and heard the same dictum elsewhere that Ketu behaves like a flag and when conjunct a planet it raises that planet's flag,that is to say,it increases it's strength.However,I wasn't aware that it holds true only when that planet conjunct Ketu is in its MT/Exaltation sign

The dictum you pointed out above,Mars+Ketu = fire,though I know anything mentioned in classics shouldn't be taken verbatim,yet has scared me! why ? Because I've this Mars and Ketu combination in Aries in 12th house of my Navamsa / D9 chart.

I know its not right to generalize anything in Astrology nor is it right to take things in parts but rather in their sum but I'm compelled to think here that those that mean ,in anyway,loss of marriage cause of fire ?
Since it's my navamsa (speaks of marriage life),7th house owned by Mars and Ketu in rasi occupies 7th house (owned by Mercury,here..Dhanu Lagna). A different approach could be since 12th house along with house of losses is also house of bed pleasures...this could give a "different" meaning altogether if seen otherwise...

My Ketu periods haven't really been that great...Recently went through Rahu-Mars-Ketu dasa and that was an emotionally harsh period (love affair failed).It nearly took the life out of me and still has an impact on me to an extent...things changed mysteriously,unexplained to date.Somehow,if thought wisely,I believe whatever happened,happened for good.

Details:
DOB:11th September,1991
TOB:13:54 PM
POB:Mumbai,India

Another thing to consider is that if we consider Gemini to be the debilitation sign of Ketu ,then it is indeed in debilitation in my Rasi chart.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 12 Sep 2012

Dear Kunal
Plz note the combination is meant for the conjunction in D-1 chart. We need to understand the meaning of D-9 and the term conjunction here.
See ur natal Mars is in virgo & Ketu is in gemini, so there can be no conjunction as they are almost 80 deg apart. Its just that both have the same navamsa in their respective signs. If the planets are very close (within 3 deg 20 min) in D-1 chart then it'll be the conjunction. So nothing to fear.
Secondly the reason for ur current problems is sadhe satti. In last 15 days of Aug, 2012 Sat transited over ur natal Moon, this time is always problematic.
After Sept 29, Rahu will enter into 64th navamsa from Moon, this time brings a lot of confusions, mental tensions, disputes. The results will be more pronounced in the months of Nov & Dec.

God bless you
Neeraj

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 12 Sep 2012

Last edited by tripura on 06 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 12 Sep 2012

Dear tripura
Dictum says "Whenever any planet who's placed in its own/MT/exalted sign is conjunct with Ketu, its results will be increased by 4 times"
Here conjunction is between Jup & Ketu. Now plz see whether Jup is in own sign , its Mool trikona sign or exalted? In Scorpio, Jup have none of these hence this dictum is not applicable.

Regards
Neeraj

anshulkaura
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anshulkaura » 13 Sep 2012

Hi
Her is the dob of my nephew who has ven/ket conjuction in 8H in saggitarious sign and same conjuction is in navamsha chart and both are vargottam.His marriage life is fantastic and happy.Only problem is he has no child after 6 year marriage.14-feb-1982 time 12.30pm rajpura pnujab
Thank you and do reply

confusedAgain
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by confusedAgain » 13 Sep 2012

Hi Dr. Neeraj,

I have 2 planets in my horoscope which satisfy this rule - Jupiter and Moon in 2nd house in Cancer with Ketu. In addition, Ketu is almost on the same degree as Moon.
My family life has been highly eventful since childhood, but I always believed that was due to the Saturn-Sun-Rahu aspect or the Sade Sati I underwent till 2009( Saturn and Rahu again on the same degree ).
What do you make of this?

Birth details - 29 Jan 1991
Time : 4:20 PM
Place : Ludhiana, Punjab

P.S - My accounts keep getting denied access to the forums after 2 weeks or so. To the moderator, I aint a spambot.

Best Regards

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 16 Sep 2012

anshulkaura wrote:Hi
Her is the dob of my nephew who has ven/ket conjuction in 8H in saggitarious sign and same conjuction is in navamsha chart and both are vargottam.His marriage life is fantastic and happy.Only problem is he has no child after 6 year marriage.14-feb-1982 time 12.30pm rajpura pnujab
Thank you and do reply
Dear Anshul
Plz note this thread is about conjunction of a planet who's in its own/MT/exaltation sign. In the given chart, Ven is in sagittarius which is neither its own/MT/exaltation sign; hence this dictum is not applicable here.
However his 5H is severally afflicted by the presence of 2 malefics Mars & retro Sat. I feel there's no denial for kids just delay is there.
God bless him
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 16 Sep 2012

confusedAgain wrote: Birth details - 29 Jan 1991
Time : 4:20 PM
Place : Ludhiana, Punjab
Dear CA
This dictum fully applies on ur chart but Sun & Moon on Rahu Ketu axis (RKA) are considered as dosha. Sun on RKA is pitra dosha while Moon on RKA is Matri dosha.
Your chart is quite strong. LL aspect lagna, 5L Ven is in 9H and 9L Sat aspect 5H; thus basic pillars are string enough. Moon & Ketu are in deg conjunction (along with 3rd planet Jup & all 3 are) aspected by Sat from very close deg. Moon on one hand is afflicted but on other is very strong in shad bala, paksha bala (this is Full Moon) and Vimshopak bala. So it will give you dual results.
Plz observe the results of PD lord Moon from Sept 26-Dec 21.
God bless you
Neeraj

babaji77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by babaji77 » 24 Sep 2012

Dear Dr Neeraj,

Waiting for your reply for this native when planet is retro exalted conjuct Ketu.
Dear Dr Neeraj,

Here is another chart for your research.

Native is a female with Ketu conjuct exalted but retro Saturn in the 4th House for Cancer lagna.

Kindly throw some light on how's her future and particularly how saturn and ketu will behave for her. I am curious as saturn is malefic for Cancer lagna. Whats the impact of saturn and ketu aspecting Venus in 10th House?

DOB: 22 june 1985
TOB: 7:46 am
POB: Hamirpur Himachal India

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 24 Sep 2012

Dr. Neeraj,

How is ketu's conjuncation with Saturn in 5H impacting this chart?
Dec 18,2006, 2:11 PM, Lucknow India?

Have been told that here Ketu'sc conjuncation with Sa is creating a raja yoga due kendra lord being in trine with Ke.
But I am a bit concerned as Sa is also owner of 11H which is a malefic house too and aspects Ra.
Also it is in sign of its dire enemy not in own, MT or exalted rasi.

I see some problems related to children but the dispositor of Sa and ketu's rasi is well placed in 9H with Ve.
Sun has good vimsopaka bala, attains Uttamamsa, is exalted in D9 though in company of Sa.

Also Sa is retro and debiliated in D9.

Another chart with Moon conjunct Ke in lagna.

Jan 30, 1972,5:05 PM, Mathura, India
Here I think Moon is under grahan (conjunct ke) and Sun under grahan from Ra in 7H. These cannot be good.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar