Conjunction with Ketu

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Conjunction with Ketu

Post by Dr Neeraj » 16 Aug 2012

Hi Friends

I've just read a book Phalit Sarovar (http://www.homeshop18.com/phalit%20saro ... %20sarovar) which has given the compilations of various one liners combinations of astrology.

Ketu represents Flag (pataka). Whenever Ketu is conjunct any planet who's in its own sign/MT/exaltation Ketu increases the power of that planet by 4 times (i.e. takes its flag very high). It even take it higher if Ketu is also in exaltation/MT sign.
(e.g. JL Nehru).

I searched for some personalities where this combination (Ketu with any planet who is placed in own sign/MT/exaltation) is present.
JL Nehru: Ketu Jup conjunction in Sagittarius (Ketu is Exalted & Jup in its MT sign)
Manoj Kumar (Film actor): Ketu Ven conjunction in 6H in Taurus (Ven in its MT sign, Ketu in debi)
Hitler: Ketu Jup conjunction in 3H in Sagittarius (Ketu is Exalted & Jup in its MT sign)
Maharana Pratap: Ketu Jup conjunction in 3H in Pisces (Ketu in MT sign & Jup in its own sign)
Iswar Chadra Vidyasagar (Philanthropist): Ketu Mer conjunction in 10H in Virgo (Mer exalted)
Kamraj (Politician): Ketu Jup conjunction in 9H in Pisces (Ketu in MT sign & Jup in its own sign)
Shankar Dayal Sharma (Former President): Moon Ketu conjunction in 10H in Taurus. (Moon exalted)

In all these charts Ketu is increased the power of the conjunct planet by 4 times.

The excellent results will be obtained by the native in the dasha/antardasha of the planet which is conjunct Ketu.

Regards
Neeraj

Tiwari

Re: Conjunction with Ketu

Post by Tiwari » 16 Aug 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:In all these charts Ketu is increased the power of the conjunct planet by 4 times.

The excellent results will be obtained by the native in the dasha/antardasha of the planet which is conjunct Ketu.
Neeraj,

Thanks for this post. Should we assume the opposite when an exalted ketu conjuncts with a debilitated planet, say moon? Or am I being too general here?

Warmly,
T

SuryaLagna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SuryaLagna » 16 Aug 2012

will this rule b applicable on me sir?? My ketu is with moon in 5th house (saggi)
'Successful people dont have friends, they only have competitors and enemies'

KET

Post by KET » 17 Aug 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:Hi Friends

I've just read a book Phalit Sarovar (http://www.homeshop18.com/phalit%20saro ... %20sarovar) which has given the compilations of various one liners combinations of astrology.

Ketu represents Flag (pataka). Whenever Ketu is conjunct any planet who's in its own sign/MT/exaltation Ketu increases the power of that planet by 4 times (i.e. takes its flag very high). It even take it higher if Ketu is also in exaltation/MT sign. (e.g. JL Nehru).

I searched for some personalities where this combination (Ketu with any planet who is placed in own sign/MT/exaltation) is present.
JL Nehru: Ketu Jup conjunction in Sagittarius (Ketu is Exalted & Jup in its MT sign)
Manoj Kumar (Film actor): Ketu Ven conjunction in 6H in Taurus (Ven in its MT sign, Ketu in debi)
Hitler: Ketu Jup conjunction in 3H in Sagittarius (Ketu is Exalted & Jup in its MT sign)
Maharana Pratap: Ketu Jup conjunction in 3H in Pisces (Ketu in MT sign & Jup in its own sign)
Iswar Chadra Vidyasagar (Philanthropist): Ketu Mer conjunction in 10H in Virgo (Mer exalted)
Kamraj (Politician): Ketu Jup conjunction in 9H in Pisces (Ketu in MT sign & Jup in its own sign)
Shankar Dayal Sharma (Former President): Moon Ketu conjunction in 10H in Taurus. (Moon exalted)

In all these charts Ketu is increased the power of the conjunct planet by 4 times.

Regards
Neeraj
Dr.Neeraj

Good info and thread..

Just like to add few more

Share Broker Harshed Mehta(late) had Jupiter, Mercury(own House in Gemini) and Ketu.
Ketu plays the trick of showering results of collective past birth deeds and Jupiter can aid Ketu's job easier. Ketu can increase the strengh of any planet with whom he joins in their own house.
At the same time, there can be in Ketu dasa downfall drastically. In case of Harshed Mehta Ketu-Sun dasa. Sun was his 12th Lord ( Malefic) and Sun denotes Government. The rest of the story was history.

Another case...Chandraswami (who born at Alwar)... His 3rd House Ketu and Mercury in Virgo...... Mind flourished leaps and bounds with Ketu's association. His Saturn--Ketu dasa landed him in Jail.

But.. Prakash Padukone ... had Ketu conjunction with Mars and Merc(R) in3rd House...Mars is good in 3rd House... He was brave in the Badminton ( Mars+Ketu combo)

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 17 Aug 2012

Hi Neeraj,
I have Ketu in the third house in Virgo along with exalted Mercury and Debilitated Venus and I have noticed that I have always suffered a lot in Venus and Ketu antardasas but I have done fairly well in Mercury antardasas.....Also in my chart Ketu is also a Avayogi planet....So I guess what you say may be true....Also my next dasa coming is mercury dasa in 2020.....Atleast I am hoping my next dasa will be great for me....But Mercury is a strong malefic for my chart being the lord of third and twelfth house.....

DOB: 6 September 1968
Time: 3.40 AM
Place: Chennai.

Please give your feedback.
Regrds,
Sunder.
Birth Details: 06/Sept./1968, 3.40 AM, Chennai...
I believe it because I hope for it...- Leon Blum.

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 20 Aug 2012

Dear Neeraj ji, I have Ke in 5th house with Me in Gemini (i.e., Me+Ke+Ve+Sa). But my Me MD was very bad all through, even though Me is swagrahi in 5th house from lagna, and Me MD was during my education yrs, I initially went down from topper to average, then started my struggle. To add that, brother always created problems in studies & home. I got selected in Computer Engg. but wanted to go in Medical where I was in waiting list, so after severe fights with family, dropped a yr, prepared and then got in Medical as State merit topper. But again had to go through very tough time in college & living away from home, couldnt settle after Grad, cleared USMLE but couldnt go US for residency (though my chart indicated travel abroad for education), had to struggle for 6 yrs when I got post-grad suddenly. After that came Ke MD, worst period, but I got further specialization with struggle but I was topper in India, did small course in US last yr, scored 100% :)
Bottom line, my first MD of Sa was great, Me MD was tough, Ke MD was worst. Now, since Feb, Ve MD started which has brought some happiness in my life now...but after 25 yrs of struggle.

Would you like to comment on Ke+Me combination? (You have seen my charts in your post Dr. Neeraj: Chart analysis on 3rd & 5th May)

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 20 Aug 2012

I have another chart with Sa combined with Ke in 5th house Aries Asc.
18-Dec-2006, 2:15 PM , Lucknow
A high position has been predicted for this native..
Not sure what high exaclty means here? Can Ketu's assoication with Sa be the cause?
Sa owns 10H and is in trikone with Ke. This can cause rajayoga. This alone cannot be very good rajayoga as Sa also own 11H which is malefic too.

Please share your readings.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 21 Aug 2012

Conjunction with Ketu
by Dr Neeraj » 170812

Hi Friends

Ketu represents Flag (pataka). Whenever Ketu is conjunct any planet who's in its own sign/MT/exaltation Ketu increases the power of that planet by 4 times (i.e. takes its flag very high). It even take it higher if Ketu is also in exaltation/MT sign. (e.g. JL Nehru).

Regards
Neeraj
Yes I agree. I read that book in 1996. Please see the chart of lord Krishna, Moon in Rohini with Ketu. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 21 Aug 2012

I accept and agree the concept of Ke conjunction with planets with due respect. But sometimes practical experiences challenges astrology.
We can probably blame other planets which are present additionally along....or may be other reasons. But I guess destiny wanted people like me to face the rocks and so it happened! Thanks to God that bad phases end the similar way good times end.
Cheers :)

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 21 Aug 2012

Tiwari wrote: Neeraj,
Thanks for this post. Should we assume the opposite when an exalted ketu conjuncts with a debilitated planet, say moon? Or am I being too general here?
Warmly,
T
Dear T
Thats an interesting dimension to study. I'm working on research on Ketu & planet placed in own/MT/exalted sign. The dictum says results of other planet will be increased 4 times but it has not given whether they'll be gud or bad.
I feel we shd use logic as in classics its also mentioned that Ketu Mars conjunction gives fire. Now we need to see whether Ketu & Mars (in Aries or scorpio) will give explosion or nothing?
Likewise Ketu with Sun or Moon gives eclipse. So whether it'll be gud id Sun/Moon are in their own sign?
Finally Sat Ketu conjunction is considered quite malefic but whether its results will improve?

Then as KET mentioned in the dasha of Ketu things will be over finally. Lets validate this too in the charts that we've.

Lets keep going...
Regards
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 21 Aug 2012

sweety2517 wrote:will this rule b applicable on me sir?? My ketu is with moon in 5th house (saggi)
Hi Sweety
As per dictum Moon shd be in own/mool trikona/exaltation sign.
God bless you
Neeraj

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 22 Aug 2012

Neeraj ji,

I dont think we should give too much importance to these "standalone" factors. For e.g,, apporximately between July 1990 and Apr 1991 Ju and Ke were in Cn.
CRS

Tiwari

Post by Tiwari » 22 Aug 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:Likewise Ketu with Sun or Moon gives eclipse. So whether it'll be gud id Sun/Moon are in their own sign?
Thanks Neeraj,

Actually, I have ketu and moon in anuradha, third house, scorpio. Sun in lagna with mercury. Whenever ketu or moon antardashas have come in my life I have met exceptional people unexpectedly. Chandra antardasha in that respect has been nice, too. No doubt these antardashas are very stressful; too much mental agony, and transformation. But the overall course of life changes for good after these anatardashas. So far I have just had two ketu and chandra ads. I was too little to remember anything special of the ads in saturn md. The whole saturn md (15 years for me) was just plain horror! But in mercury md they (ketu and moon ads) have played a big role in my life. I will begin my ketu md in 2016. An astrologer friend of mine has been forewarning about the ketu period for a decade now! :)

Warmly,
T

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Aug 2012

lovacrs wrote:Neeraj ji,

I dont think we should give too much importance to these "standalone" factors. For e.g,, apporximately between July 1990 and Apr 1991 Ju and Ke were in Cn.
Dear lovacrs
I agree to ur points that stand alone dictums actually lead us to pitfalls. You're again right in ur observation that millions of person might have born on the time mentioned by you.
But this is where research is needed.
At tiimes there're conflicting statements like BV Raman mentioned Sat-Rahu or Rahu-Sat period is always problematic but he has not commented on their results when any of Rahu or Sat is in thie rown sign/MT sign or exalted?
Then what sort of results will be expected in which dasha?
These are the areas we shd work upon. If results are not coming as expected, we wont hesitate in discarding all this theory.
Regards
Neeraj

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » 23 Aug 2012

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on 19 Sep 2012, edited 2 times in total.
चाह गयी चिंता मिटी, मनुआ बेपरवाह,
जिसको कुछ ना चाहिए,वह शाहो का भी शाह !

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 24 Aug 2012

skp23 wrote:I accept and agree the concept of Ke conjunction with planets with due respect. But sometimes practical experiences challenges astrology.
We can probably blame other planets which are present additionally along....or may be other reasons. But I guess destiny wanted people like me to face the rocks and so it happened! Thanks to God that bad phases end the similar way good times end.
Cheers :)

Dear Skp23,

Could we have your birth details? Which Nakshatra are Ketu and Mercury placed in? And where is the Nakshatra lord placed? What about in D9?

Thanks,

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 24 Aug 2012

Ke is in Ardra-3, Me in Punarvasu-1; Ra is in 11th house Saggi, Ju is in 12th house in Capri. In D-9, Ve+Ke are in 10th house of aquarius, Sa exalted in 6th house. Just want to add, Ve+Ke are together in several higher charts. In dashamamsha, Ke+Ve+Ma are in 2nd house of scorpio.
I understand astrology requires deep study and I am new comer, so not able to understand my charts :oops:

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 24 Aug 2012

neeraj ji,
You have given some nice knowledge about the conjunction ketu and veun. On internet i have read that conjunction of ketu and venus ins not good for married life. how far is it true. can you give some nuggets.
regards

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

skp23 wrote:Ke is in Ardra-3, Me in Punarvasu-1; Ra is in 11th house Saggi, Ju is in 12th house in Capri. In D-9, Ve+Ke are in 10th house of aquarius, Sa exalted in 6th house. Just want to add, Ve+Ke are together in several higher charts. In dashamamsha, Ke+Ve+Ma are in 2nd house of scorpio.
I understand astrology requires deep study and I am new comer, so not able to understand my charts :oops:
Dear Skp23,

Getting your birth details would help for a better understanding, but anyhow, you sort of answered your own question. Ketu is in Rahu's Nakshatra which in turn is debilitated, and Mercury is in Jupiter's Nakshatra which is also debilitated in 12th. You cannot just take one saying in isolation, you need to see every aspects of the chart. Hope that helps,

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 24 Aug 2012

Can you please help me understand why you are considering Ke as debilitated? Ke is debilitated in Taurus isn't it?

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@skp23:

According to South Indian Rahu Ketu are exalted in Taurus/Scorpio, according to North Indian they are exalted in Gemini/Saggitarius.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 29 Aug 2012

manju_prabhu78 wrote:In my horoscope this is how Ketu is
DOB:17/04/1978
Time : 17:7
Place : Bangalore
Will Ketu do good to me.
Dear Manju

I've written about conjunction of Ketu with a planet who's in its own/MT/exaltation sign. In ur chart Mer is debilitated though neechbhang. Then as of now, you dnt have any dasha of Ketu in coming years. So relax and enjoy ur time.
God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

2002diksha wrote:neeraj ji,
You have given some nice knowledge about the conjunction ketu and veun. On internet i have read that conjunction of ketu and venus ins not good for married life. how far is it true. can you give some nuggets.
regards
Dear Diksha
To some extent it is true as Rahu Ketu pollutes the significations of the very planets with whom they are associated. Here Ven is karaka for opposite sex & Ketu is karaka for moksha. Ven-Ketu conjunction may results in detachment towards marital matters. Ven is a very soft & sensitive planet & is easily influences by any malefic, hence this combination is not gud.
But then if Ven is in own sign/MT/exalted sign, then results of Ven will be 4 times.
So we need to see complete chart before pronouncing any results.
God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

vhb wrote: I don't know what results it will give me in future,but as of now it's exceptionally good.Since,you are researching on Ketu & planet placed in own/MT/exalted sign,I will defiantly inform you,if something unusual happens.

Best Regards,
Vhb
Thanks vnb for the updates
May Almighty bless you with all happiness and success.
Regards
Neeraj

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 31 Aug 2012

Dear Neeraj ji,

I have observed even own house venus conjunct ketu, has not given very gud results. The following chart came in a forum.

Dec 8th, 1967, 8.58 am, calcutta.

Native a female, got married late , in 32-33 years (In Sat-Sun!) and also got a child at 37 years. (In Sat-Rahu)

As per her feedback, she faced many ups and downs in career and only education part wise, she is fortunate (got 2 degrees and PHD). But she went to USA in Sat-ven period.

Venus-ketu gave her a scandal time in youth.

I think, whatever results you ascribed, holds true in Rahu's case ie, in conjunction with rahu.

With ketu, ofcourse there may be exceptions, results are murky in mundane matters. But in spiritual matters or like astrology and other sciences, ketu can give very great results. Prabhupada's ketu dasa has given very fast growth of ISKCON in a short time but also his mysterious death in its period. His ketu with own house sun with jupiter.