Combustion

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 27 Mar 2006

Hi Mandira,
Are you giving the degrees and minutes here or the sign number and degrees? Generally a planet will get combust within about 10 degrees of the Sun. Sepcifically Mercury 14 deg, Venus 10 deg, Mars 17 deg, Jup 11 deg, and Saturn 15 deg. Combustion only harms the outer indications not the inner indications of the planet and can be modified by other factors like planetary aspects. Vaughn Paul

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 04 Apr 2006

Hi mcsun,
In Oprah Winfrey's chart posted last month in the daily articles http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 030606.htm you can see that Venus is combust, yet she won a beauty contest at age 18. This is due to other favorable aspects like from Jupiter, Mercury and in an exchange with exalted Saturn. Vaughn Paul

anon

Post by anon » 03 May 2006

I was reading the the following article http://srath.com/lectures/parakramarajayoga.htm which has a paragraph about combustion. It states that venus is only combust when in retrogade motion. I've not come across this before, can someone please confirm/deny this.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 04 May 2006

I've never heard of this principle. I don't see the logic of it. Vaughn Paul

gg_0202

Post by gg_0202 » 05 Sep 2006

Dear Shree Vaughn,
If you remember, i mailed you previously...
Recently, i came across a girl who had combusted Venus....she looks good...but wont it mar her marital happiness??
I will be waiting for your comments...
Gaurav

lalanphakir

Post by lalanphakir » 01 May 2009

Namaste Vaughnji and Others,

Regarding combustion, I read something in astrojyoti. It says,

"It is normally agreed that the planetary combustion effects are effective when they are in the same nakshatra pada with the sun. After that the effects are not severe."

Now, what I want to ask you all is—is this true?

Would it mean that—say, if Sun is the 3rd pada of Uttarphalguni nakshatra, and say Venus is in the 4th Pada of Uttarphalguni Nakshatra, the effects of combustion will not be that severe?

ROHIT

ABOUT COMBUSTION

Post by ROHIT » 04 May 2009

MY DOB IS 4/10/1981 TIME: 23.04, PLACE::MUMBAI

IN MY CHART: Gemini Ascendant 3rd lord Sun is in 4th house (virgo) with Jupiter & Saturn. Here, my jupiter has Kendradhipati Dosh. Saturn & jupiter both are combust. but ketu has 5th aspect on them from 8th house capricorn. Does this save Jupiter & Saturn From Combustion or only Rahu has such power to shed.Curently my sun dasha is going. Please Comment?

milredr

Post by milredr » 22 Oct 2009

Last edited by milredr on 20 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

4 combust planets

Post by amitns » 05 Nov 2009

Hi

I have read several threads on combustion but that has only increased my confusion! My data is as follows
DoB XXXX, Time 15:12 hrs, Mumbai, Kumbh lagna, makar rashi. 5 planets are present in 9th house. Sun is debilitated in Libra, and Venus, mars, mercury(r) and Uranus are combust in 9th.
Is this combustion bad for venus and mars? what are the ill effects?
Are the benefits of multrikona venus lost due to combustion. also i read that venus in libra causes the neechbhanga yoga. Is it also lost due to combustion?
amit
Last edited by amitns on 05 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Re: Combustion

Post by Ghrishneswar » 05 Mar 2010

I am not sure if a planet can be combust in navamsa or any divisional chart. Combustion is a physical phenomenon.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

milredr

Post by milredr » 23 Mar 2010

hi someone did ask a question which was ignored. would like to bring it up again. what if sun is debilitated? how does it impact combustion of Jupiter and mercury in the 12th house? oct 21st 2005 male, bangalore, 8.26 am
Secondly i have venus combust in the 7th house. Touch wood, i have a good marraige. will finish 11 years this april. any comments? april 10th, 1973, mangalore, female, 5.30 pm

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 24 Mar 2010

Combustion is a physical phenomenon.
Sun being exalted or debilitated does not have any impact on combustion phenomenon as such.
Combust planets are 'dagdha' planets... means burned...mood is 'Kopit' (angry)
A neecha Sun may produce some of its ill effects due to its weak position.
A weak Sun does not mean that combustion will will be compensated.
Weak Sun may add own twist to combustion as it may become more malefic..and any planet association with malefic Sun may produce bad results.

Shukra being combust does not neccesarily mean bad marriage...
There are other factors like aspects, ownership that a combust planet may have with Sun to produce some good yoga.
Also what you have in 7th house, how is your 7th lord in navamsa along with Ve. Your UL etc....
Need to take individual strengths and weakness and then see impact...on the overall aspect of life.
In short-- Sytems approach posted above.

"
As per Systems Approach (SA) in Vedic Astrology (developed by VK Choudhry):-
When the Sun is a functional benefic planet its conjunction with other well-placed functional benefic planets is good and gives exponential growth for the significations of the planets in close conjunction with the Sun. The combust planets suffer under the transit malefic influences.
When the Sun is a functional malefic planet or a functional malefic planet or planets are closely and mutually influencing the Sun, the significations of all the planets involved suffer in their sub-period as also during transit impacts.

"
This is very true. Combust plantes do produce bad effects no matter what. Other plantes may provide saving grace but cannot reverse combustion.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amitns » 07 Aug 2010

I would like to revive this thread. I posted on it a really long time ago, but somehow missed to follow up..mylilangel.. if u are still around i would like to reply to you in detail..

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amitns » 07 Aug 2010

Thanks

anonymous_hckr

Post by anonymous_hckr » 30 Oct 2010

hi,

I'd like to add something to this post.What would be the results of 3 combust planets namely jupiter, venus and mercury being in the 10th house along with the moon and all 4 of em are being aspected by mars which is in its own house i.e the 7th house (scorpio) while mars also has saturn along in the 7th house in taurus lagna.

Also the sun is in the 9th house (capricorn).The 9th house is ruled by saturn and saturn being in the 7th also aspects the Sun.
m also posting the chart below for your kind perusal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 05 Nov 2010

My 2 cents on combustion:

--Combustion is not a Black and white phenomenon.
--It is not a one way street i.e it's not all bad...it's causes change in balance if that horoscope and trade-offs.
--combustion or even conjuntion in the same house with Sun reduces the potency of the planets to deliver their results
--However it blends that house and sun with the properties of the combusted planet. For example Venus with Sun in the 10th house will give a successful career in beauty/ fashion/ modeling type of industries ( if other planets are good); but at the same time will reduce the marriage-karaka properties of Venus.
--it is good for the malefics to get combusted.....their malefic intesnity is reduced. But as a trade-off they afflict the power of sun that they sit with.

Combustion like many other astrological phenomenon's changes a shift of balance in that horoscope creating postives as well as negatives......it certainly is not a black and white phenomenon.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 21 Nov 2010

Hi Sandeep:

Anyway, aspects of Rahu to the combust planet nullify the combustion as Rahu sheds its darkness over the combustion. In such a case, neither will Rahu afflict the planet and nor will the combustion be hardcore.

So as per your above statement, I should not be feeling the effect of combustion for my planets in the third house, is it so?

Dev 1-2-62 New Delhi 2.30am

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 21 Nov 2010

Good day to you Shilpa ji,

I am Yet to get a convincing reply from you regarding Combustion . I want to know on what basis you made this statement

by shilpa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:32 pm
You finally got it right.....Venus is as good as absent in your chart !
combusted means practically absent

My detail's 26 04 1973 @ 00.26 @ Mangalore.

Also please tell me why this man made Crore's from nothing in shukra dasha .

6.45 Am
Navalgund Karnataka .

And,

03 07 1977
4.15 am
Mangalore

Kindly explain how this man had the brain's to run a start up business and run it sucessfully from the past 10 year's .

Please dont come back with things like this ,
Your plane crashed because you engine was weak = Venus Combust.....period. Ain't gonna fly especially when under stress.
--Then you want to calculate the temperature inside the engine, pressure on the diaphragms, rate of coolant circulations at the time of crash....i.e Dasas, periods, transits, doshas in operations......not difficult but futile in the context....if you miss the BIG PICTURE that the engine was weak and gonna crash anyway especially when under stress.
When a visual inspections shows a major faulty engine.....all the little system/ pressue/ temperature rate calculations are futile.
If you miss the big faulty engine.....those little calculations will never yield you the cause.

Come back to me with astrological dictum's . No personal attack or gibberish . I want only pure astrological talk.

Best regard's .
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 22 Nov 2010

by anuradha » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Dear All, D.O.B 7-04-1965, 2-10 a.m, Luckhnow, Married from last sixteen years, wife is a teacher, father of a son who is fifteen years old. Venus is deeply combust. anu

Shilpa, Please do us a favour and analyse this too.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 22 Nov 2010

I just read a post which talks of deep combustion as follows:

I was referring to the theory that an exact combustion (w/in one degree) actually strengthens the planet. The notion is that the planet merges with the Sun's rays and gains its kingly status.

It was from the internet and I dont know if it is reliable.

Dev