Difference between Rasi Chart and Bhava Chart?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
qwert123
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Difference between Rasi Chart and Bhava Chart?

Post by qwert123 » 14 Mar 2016

subramanianp wrote:
Astrothurst wrote:Hi,

Please tell me the real impact of Bhava chart and difference between rasi and Bhava chart, In my knowledge Bhava Chart tells the exact placement of the planets. (correct me if am wrong)

Dear Astrothurst
I have studied little differently from what Dr neeraj said.
Let me explain that.please see ,I am not opposing Dr neeraj.
Rasi chart is the first chart what we prepare.
For every planet there are laid down results if positioned in each Rasi.
These are given in almost all classics (ie: RASI BHALAM ).
So once the Rasi chart is prepared you get a clear idea about how a planet is going to behave.
Now come to BHAVA chart.(I hope you know how a bhava chart is prepared)
You might have heard that 5th is the PUTHRA STHANA,10th is the KARMA STHANA,8th is the AYUR STHANA etc:
Once you say this please note that PUTHRA STHANA is not the 5th RASI ,but is the 5th BHAVA
Same way AYUR STHANA is not the 8th RASI but is the 8th BHAVA.
Again KARMA STHANA is not the 10th RASI but is the10th BHAVA.

Hope you are clear.
Hello Subramanian ji ,

I have a query regarding this

Let's say if lagna falls at 28 degrees Aries..

Then the first house would be from 13 degree Aries to 13 degree Taurus
2nd house from 13 degree taurus to 13 degree Gemini
3rd - 13 gem to 13 cancer

Who is the second house lord ? The MEP falls on Taurus so definitely venus is strong here ..
But almost 44 % of the house is also ruled by Mercury .. that is a very significant area ..
Does that get ignored completely ?

A planet when rules 2 houses is generally considered to give more effects of the house which is stronger or Mooltrikona , but it also gives results of his second house ownership .. Similarly when a planet has both malefic and benefic tendencies then it is observed that the person gets both good AND bad results instead of ONLY getting results either good OR Bad depending upon which is stronger

So the situation isn't black or white..

Similarly when a house is divided by 2 rulers then shouldn't it also give results of both the rulers ?

Then in the above example shouldn't mercury be considered as a secondary house ruler of 2nd house and also give second house results although to a lesser degree than Venus ?

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 16 Mar 2016

Dear qwert123
This topic has lot of depth and it is not easy to explain in few words.Still I will try few of your questions.

You said --(Let's say if lagna falls at 28 degrees Aries..
Then the first house would be from 13 degree Aries to 13 degree Taurus
2nd house from 13 degree taurus to 13 degree Gemini
3rd - 13 gem to 13 cancer
)---
You are correct.

You asked :- (Who is the second house lord ? The MEP falls on Taurus so definitely venus is strong here ..
But almost 44 % of the house is also ruled by Mercury .. that is a very significant area ..
Does that get ignored completely ?
)

Ist house lord is Mars,2nd house lord is Venus,3rd house lord is Mercury,4th House lord is Moon,then Sun,then Mercury and so on.As you douted othar parameters get ignored.

You said :- (A planet when rules 2 houses is generally considered to give more effects of the house which is stronger or Mooltrikona , but it also gives results of his second house ownership .. Similarly when a planet has both malefic and benefic tendencies then it is observed that the person gets both good AND bad results instead of ONLY getting results either good OR Bad depending upon which is stronger).----

All these are relevant while assessing the behavior of a planet.For that not only ownership but also placement in KENDRAS,placement in TRIKONAS,placement in UPACHAYAS,placement in DUSTHANAS etc,etc---- are to be seen.These are aplicable to both rasi and bhava charts.

You said :- (Similarly when a house is divided by 2 rulers then shouldn't it also give results of both the rulers ? ).
No.Once your 1st bhava is fixed you should mentally come out of the rasi chart.There are no two rulers.Only one rulership is allotted.

Thanks
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

qwert123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by qwert123 » 17 Mar 2016

Thank you sir very much :)

Just 1 last question

Where do you consider planetary aspects like saturn's 3rd and 10th aspect ? In the rashi chart or bhava chart ? ( if they change positions ? )

Thanks

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 17 Mar 2016

You need both.
Depends which chart you are reading.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

qwert123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by qwert123 » 19 Mar 2016

thanks sir :)

PremiumMan18

Post by PremiumMan18 » 13 Apr 2016

I'm confused on this subject.

Mathematically, based on degrees, as much as the bhava chart is able to nullify the effects of Yogas, it should also be able to give them.

If Lagna showed a moon jupiter conjunction in the 4th for an aries ascendant, but in the bhava chart moon moved to the third house alone it would effectively nullify a Raj Yoga.

However, if an Aries ascendant has Saturn in the 11th and venus in the 10th but in the Bhava chart they are conjunct, by the same mathematical laws that govern the nullification, it should grant Raj Yoga.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 17 Apr 2016

Dear PM
Astrologocial dictums does not work like mathematical formula. In your example, in Bhava chart if Moon moves to 3H then the Rajyoga will not be nullified rather weakened. Likewise conjunction of Sat-Ven in Bhava chart is good dhan yoga and the same may come in their dasha.
My experience is that nothing is certain in astrology, its more of probability.
God bless you
Neeraj

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 26 Dec 2017

Hi,
Dear Amitns
An extremely tremendous joke from a customer viewpoint.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 04 Mar 2018

Subramanianp wrote:
29 Apr 2012
Calculation for BHAVA is little complicated,because each BHAVA is not equidistant.
However for quick and normal analysis we can do like this.
1. Subtract 15 degree from the Lagna ,You get the starting point of 1st Bhava. Add 15 degree to the Lagna, You get the the end point of Lagna.
Namah Shivaaya,
Dear Subrahmanian ji, may i please know did Maharshi Paraashara told +/- 15 degrees to the Ascendant degree as 1st bhaava extremities? it seems that one of my friend asked an Astrologer, he told her that Ascendant degree is considered as starting point. As, I'm novice into this field, i wish to seek some clarity on this. Could you please clear it. It'd be pleasure if necessary Sanskrit verse support it, I'd appreciate.
Thanks
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 04 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pl keep the text to English. Once in a while quoting in Devanagari is fine when reference is needed, but not needed when posting normal text.
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 04 Mar 2018

It is not correct. Ascendant degree as starting point will put the ascendant at BHAVA SANDHI. Lagna will become weak by default then. It is not logical .
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 04 Mar 2018

subramanianp wrote:
04 Mar 2018
It is not correct. Ascendant degree as starting point will put the ascendant at BHAVA SANDHI. Lagna will become weak by default then. It is not logical.
Namah Shivaaya,
May i please know why Bhaava Sandhi is weak? I'm novice, i know only little things.
Thanks
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏

v-rachen

Post by v-rachen » 19 Mar 2018

I see that Lagna changes between Rasi chart and Bhava chart. I'm using Jaganath Hora. What does that mean?
Please check for this chart in Jaganath Hora. I'm wondering how to interpret results for this chart -

27 May 2011 1:05 AM Chennai, Male

v-rachen

Post by v-rachen » 20 Mar 2018

I see that the lagna changes between Rasi chart and Bhava chart (Jaganath Hora) for following details. How do infer results for such cases? This chart has 4 planets in 3rd house as per chart. But it moves to second house in Bhava chart. Can anyone please help me understand?

27 May 2011, 1:05 AM, Chennai, Male