What actually is Vargottam?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: What actually is Vargottam?

Post by Dr Neeraj » 02 Mar 2012

Dear Mariposa
I got ur Lagna Cancer 07-35
Sat is in Leo in D-1 & D-9, hence vargottam. Neither it is in rashi sandhi nor in gandant, so gud results shd flow. But since it is very close to Rahu, its benefic results are somewhat hampered.
How was ur time from July 2001-June 2004. This was the dasha of Rahu-Sat, which is generally considered as bad. Sat in ur chart is markesh (also placed in maraka house) and being associated with Rahu, it is even more malefic. The at that time u were in Sadhe satti too.
Was status of vargottam able to prevent such malefic results.

Also review July 2007-Sept 2009. This was the dasha of Rahu-Ketu, but Sat was transiting in Leo (over natal Rahu & Sat) & in Leo ur Sat has zero score in SAV. My observation is when Sat transits thru a sign having zero score in SAV, the native is very much disturbed and at times think of committing suicide too. Plz share ur experience of that time.

God bless you
Neeraj

Mariposa
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Mariposa » 02 Mar 2012

Dear Neeraj,

Yes, you have the correct information indeed. I was told in another forum that Shani Vargottam Simha is strengthened, however, I did not mention that Rahu is yuti Shani - so that surely would change their answer. I have considered doing yantra/mantra to Durga to help with ill effects of Rahu.

2001 - 2004 has been very difficult indeed. I had psychological-emotional-physical problems and did not complete college at the time. I had many problems but too personal to discuss here. Yes indeed, Rahu-Shani is quite a karmic "spin-cycle" experience. I was told that I am to pass this earth at 50, during my Shani-Shani … but astrologer another told me it could be even up to 60. I did not ask for this information, it was just given. So I am to care for my heart especially, since Shani makara planet in Simha would relate to heart weakness. But with Ketu in 8 in Shani nakshatra - can this modify results?

I did not know I was in Sadhe Satti at the time of Rahu-Shani, interesting but it makes sense!

I had more troubles from 2004 until 2007 with very bad relationship and many other things. This was even worse period, I would say, worse than 2001 - 2004. But yes, there were even more problems also between 2008 and 2009. My father passed away in August 2009 from cancer. Lots of very terrible things have occurred in those time periods, however, I was always protected and there were always hidden blessing everywhere… so not all bad. Must be Guru in Karkata in Lagna. I also have Atma karaka Budha vargottam in Punarvasu. I believe this may also have been very helpful, also because of the dharmakarmaaditpati yoga in navamsa.

Things are much better now, in my Moon bhukti. Was told Guru Dasa will bring many good things in my life.

Thank you so kindly for your insight! I am always striving to become more enlightened about these matters.

Mariposa

karmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karmatrix » 02 Mar 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:Dear Sir

There seems to be a confusion in navamsa & pada, Can u share deg of ur Sun?

Regards
Neeraj
Dear Neeraj ji,

I am making a mess out it, I guess. :)

Nevertheless, In D1, Sun is 15 Aq 18' 53.01"

Also, I am posting my birth details for your perusal, in case, I have goofed up again :). (Gender: Female, DOB: 28 / 02 / 79, TOB: 7:16 am, POB: Ahmedabad)

Regards,
Karmatrix
"Now look here.
I did not say I was a millionaire.
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all of the money I had already spent,
I woulda been a millionaire a long time ago!"

- Going Down Slow (Howling Wolf)

Mariposa
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Mariposa » 02 Mar 2012

Dear Neeraj,

I imagine that having Shani-Rahu Simha 3rd from Budha would affect the mind negatively? Could this be another factor as to why I suffered the psychological effects of this period? Depression and other symptoms of neurosis were present at that time.

:) Blessings

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 Mar 2012

Dear Mariposa

Let me share one wonderful combination with you which sometimes supersede dasha too.
Sadhe satti is known for creating mental tensions and worries. But for excessive mental problems there's another combination too. Whenever any malefic (Sat, Rahu, Ketu & Mars) transits thru the 8th house of Moon, they give very bad results. Now will the entire period be bad?

No, basically the navamsa range where natal Moon is posited, wil be bad e.g. If Moon is there in Leo at 13-55 then 8H from here is Pisces and Moon is in navamsa range of 13-20 to 16-40.
So any malefic will give bad results during their transits in this range.
It become excessive bad when malefics transit of exact deg of Moon (13-55 in this case).
Technically this navamsa range is called 64th navamsa.

Results of malefics:
Sat stays for 1 month in any Navamsa. Hence its results will be long. It gives tensions, perplexities. In some cases, it caused death of mother too.
Ketu gives a lot of troubles from all corners but surprisingly when the moment Ketu is our of this range, all problems vanish like that were never there. Rahu gives results like Sat.
Mars gives tendencies for fight and possibility of accident.

Now when these 2 things are mixed i.e. a person is in sadhe satti & simultaneously transit of malefic in 64th navamsa from Moon; life become hell. It have long term effects.

The same was happening with you in 2001.
Your natal Moon is in Taurus at 10 deg 0 min 6 sec. So it is in the range of 10-00 to 13-20.
In June-July 2001, Sat was at 12-40 i.e. in the range of natal Moon navamsa.
At the same time Ketu was in Sagittarius (8th from natal Moon) at 12-32, again in navamsa range.
So this time become even worse.

Then the operating dasha was also Sat, which seals the results.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 Mar 2012

karmatrix wrote:
Dr Neeraj wrote:Ashwani (1) Rohini (2) Punarvasu (3) Punrvasu (4)
P. Falguni (1) Chitra (2) Chitra (3) Anuradha (4)
U.Asd (1) U.asd (2) Shatbhisha (3) Rewati (4)
Like I have 2 vargottam planets.
Sun in Aquarius: Satabhisha (3) in D1 / Satabhisha (4) in D9
Venus in Capricorn: Uttarashadha (2) in D1 / Sravana (3) in D9
You've 2 vargottam planets Sun & Ven
Sun is in Shatbhisha (3) i.e. in the range of 13-20 to 16-40 hence it is in same rashi in D-1 & D-9.
Since it is not in gandant, results will be gud.

Ven is in U.Asd. Since it is in Rash gandant, its capacity to give gud results is somewhat reduced.

You got 2 exchanges which shd give u wonderful results but here too they are modified coz the first exchange of Sun & Sat is on Rahu-Ketu axis and the second has one planet retro & other associated with debilitated planets. So some blemish is there in both.

God bless you
Neeraj

karmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karmatrix » 03 Mar 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:
You've 2 vargottam planets Sun & Ven
Sun is in Shatbhisha (3) i.e. in the range of 13-20 to 16-40 hence it is in same rashi in D-1 & D-9.
Since it is not in gandant, results will be gud.

Ven is in U.Asd. Since it is in Rash gandant, its capacity to give gud results is somewhat reduced.

You got 2 exchanges which shd give u wonderful results but here too they are modified coz the first exchange of Sun & Sat is on Rahu-Ketu axis and the second has one planet retro & other associated with debilitated planets. So some blemish is there in both.

God bless you
Neeraj
Yes, you're absolutely right, Neeraj ji.

I believe, I messed up since I also checked the longitudes and nakshatras of the said planets in D9.

Nevertheless, thanks a bunch.

God bless you too.

Sincere Regards,
Karmatrix
"Now look here.
I did not say I was a millionaire.
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all of the money I had already spent,
I woulda been a millionaire a long time ago!"

- Going Down Slow (Howling Wolf)

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 04 Mar 2012

Dear Neeraj,

I have mercury vargottama and also in pushkar Navamsa. However I do not have understanding of rashi sandhi & nak gandant. Could you let me know whether mercury is in rashi sandhi or nak gandati?

Although most of North Indian astrologer, does not take gulika and maandi into much consideration but does vargottama applies to gulika and maandi, or any other astrological bodies, for that matter?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Post by 123 » 05 Mar 2012

Respectful all,

Does a planet in Vargottam imply that the planet becomes benefic (or rather, is it a good thing) or that it has increased strength to carry out its significations? Please forgive my ignorance.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 05 Mar 2012

abhishekdubey wrote:Dear Neeraj,

I have mercury vargottama and also in pushkar Navamsa. However I do not have understanding of rashi sandhi & nak gandant. Could you let me know whether mercury is in rashi sandhi or nak gandati?
Although most of North Indian astrologer, does not take gulika and maandi into much consideration but does vargottama applies to gulika and maandi, or any other astrological bodies, for that matter?
Thanks,
Abhishek
Dear Abhi
If any planet is above 29 deg or less than 1 deg in longitude then it is callled in Rashi sandhi.
Technically it applies to Mandi etc but rarely anybody take it that way.Ther wonderful post by astroboy on Mandi/Gulik
http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... ilit=gulik
Plz read it for details.

Regards
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

123 wrote:Respectful all,

Does a planet in Vargottam imply that the planet becomes benefic (or rather, is it a good thing) or that it has increased strength to carry out its significations? Please forgive my ignorance.
Dear 123
No question is silly question as it has tremendous possibilities in it.
Vargottam in general indicates benefic.
Regards
Neeraj

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 05 Mar 2012

Dear Neeraj,
Thanks for the clarification.
I just had a doubt in my mind. If vargottam or pushkar Navamsa lies in a specific pada of the sign that is sacred, then it should applies to all the astrological bodies.

Regards,
Abhishek
Last edited by Anjaneya on 05 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes Abhi, u r right but Classicals doesn't talk about varghottam Mandi/Gulik giving gud results.
Since they're sub-graha hence their influence is ascertained only from D-1 chart.

Regards
Neeraj

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 05 Mar 2012

Yes Neeraj, true...Thanks

lavanyabivarapu

Post by lavanyabivarapu » 27 Mar 2012

My details:
9th oct 1974
13:05hrs
Guntur

I have dhanu lagna in vargotham and also the lagna lord guru in vargotham. Also,moon is in vargotham.
Please let me know how to analyse the results.
Thanks

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 30 Mar 2012

Dear Naval
Moon is debilitated but there's neechbhang as it is aspected by its dispositor Mars.
You got 3 debi planets but all neechbhang (Moon aspected by its dispositor Mars, Jup aspected by its dispositor Sat & also exalted in D-9, Mer is with exalted Ven). Then you've exalted Sun but in 8H in very close deg to Rahu, making Pitra dosha. Moreover Sun is debilitated in D-9.
Pitra dosha and many debi planets indicates a generally hard life. Things will come thur struggle only. You must do some remedy for pitra dosha else all ur benefics results will be minimized.

Moon in the rashi of Sat & aspected by Mars or viceversa is one of the combination for spirituality. Here Moon is in Scorpio (mysterious) and conjunct Sat (karaka for loneliness & solitude). So there may be some interest towards spirituality but ur pathway to spirituality is not smooth as ur Van is exalted in affecting LL Mer. Thus interest towards materialistic things as well as opposite sex must be there. And max at this time when u have dasha of exalted Ven. Then u r in sadhe satti too.

Debi Moon (here too neechbhang) as 10L of D-10 indicate some minor problems in career in the dasha of Moon.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 30 Mar 2012

lavanyabivarapu wrote:My details:
9th oct 1974
13:05hrs
Guntur

I have dhanu lagna in vargotham and also the lagna lord guru in vargotham. Also,moon is in vargotham.
Please let me know how to analyse the results.
Thanks
Vargottam Lagna as well as LL indicates ur past life gud karma but its retrogression indicates some karmic debts too. Vargottam Moon is quite gud but as 8L in 7H it is not gud for married life. Then its conjunct Sat in D-1 and Ketu in D-9, which afflicts it to some extent.

Present dasha: Mer-Jup-Mer
Mer is 7L/10L and Jup is LL/4L
They are placed in trines (gud placement)
In D-10 as well as in current transit Mer is debilitated. In D-10 Mer is 10L which indicates time to take caution related to profession in Mer PD (from Mar 19-July 14).

God bless you
Neeraj

lavanyabivarapu

Post by lavanyabivarapu » 02 Apr 2012

Thank you for your analysis.
So, do you mean that my guru vargotham good for me in this life? Retro guru how and when it can show effects? I suspected moon vargotham to be bad as it moon is 8th lord.

Probably you are right about married life. At the time of marriage, there were so many fights, and I literally cried for almost 2 months after my wedding day. Thought because of my past karma my wedding happened like that. After that, we came to us, but still after many years too there is a friction whenever we attend any marriage or whenever I talk casually about my parents . Is all that because of 8th lord and sa in 7 th place?
I and my husband both love each other a lot but whenever my parents and his mother come into picture, yes there is a friction.

In the professional life, thought present dasa is going to be good as me- gu is 1-5 to each other in d-1 and they are conjuncted in d-9. So, you are saying that we have to see d-10 when we predict about professional life?

Have one more question, can you predict whether we are going to be in US or go back to India in the near future. How we can predict abroad stay?
Thank you.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 Apr 2012

lavanyabivarapu wrote:Thank you for your analysis.
So, do you mean that my guru vargotham good for me in this life? Retro guru how and when it can show effects? I suspected moon vargotham to be bad as it moon is 8th lord.

In the professional life, thought present dasa is going to be good as me- gu is 1-5 to each other in d-1 and they are conjuncted in d-9. So, you are saying that we have to see d-10 when we predict about professional life?

Have one more question, can you predict whether we are going to be in US or go back to India in the near future. How we can predict abroad stay?
Thank you.
One of the combination indicating Change of residence is 3L in 4H or 4L in 3H, then in its MD/AD change may take place.
In ur chart 4L Jup is in 3H in D-1 & D-9. Currently u have dasha of Mer-Jup which is quite potent to give u change of residence.
Now which PD may give it?
At present its Mer AD, Mer (Mar 19-July 14) is 10L placed in 11H of gains, so it indicate sgains but since Mer is debilitated (though neech bhang as its dispositor is exalted & aspect it) in D-10 (chart for profession), so it may give some inital hurdles & then gain.

Next PD of Ketu (July 14-Aug 31) will give win over enemies and continue the gains (Ketu in 11H of D-10)

Next PD of Ven (Aug 31-Jan 16, 2013) may give some professional problems as Ven is 6L 9enemies) debi in 10H (profession). It is agian in debi in D-10.

Next PD of Sun (Jan 16,2013Feb 27, 2013) shd agian booost career as its 9L in 10H (DKA Rajyoga) and in D-10 Sun aspect 10H.

Next PD of 8L Moon (Feb 27, 2013-May 7, 2013) in 7H may give some tensions/resistance in partnerships, married life.

Next PD of Mars (May 7, 2013-June 24, 2013) is able to give u change as its 12L posited in 10H (indicating travel coz related to profession). In D-10 Mars is 8L posited in 4H, thish also indicates change of residence due to professional setup.

Next PDL Rahu (June 24, 2013-Oct 26, 2013) is posited in 12H (foreign) of D-1, Rahu in 12H generally denotes transiiton and is seen to give changes.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 Apr 2012

naval wrote: So i wud like to raise here some questions for ur valuable guidence if u could repond,
1 Cud this exalted 9th lord dasa give me govt job...??? as sadesati has just started and i hav read that sadesati has three phases, this is my first phase so doubtfull abt my job.
2 what is most suitable for me Govt job or private job (which has given me bitter experience).
3 do i possess gud planetary combinations for a good astrologer in near future after 10 ys when i wud be much setteled in my life....?
Dear Naval
I'm so happy that u r learning the Divine science: Astrology. Do recite Gayatri mantra daily for gaining real momentum in it.
1. One of the combination for govt job is the connection of Sun with 10H/L (This is not the only combination).
But it is missing in ur chart. However in D-10 Sun is conjunct 10L Moon.
Ven is one of the most benefic planet for the Virgo lagna. Its associated with LL & aspect Lagna. Its placed gud in D-1 but in D-9 it is afflicted by Rahu, 6L Mars and its conmjunct with debi Moon. But in D-10 agian its exalted (This time in 6H). It indicates the present dasha of Ven will give u gud results related to profession but may give u some hassles in personal life.
But plz remember none of the planet gives results in its own AD/PD. So u have to wait till May 2012 when Sun PD will start.
Sun is exalted in 8H but conjunct Rahu in close deg. Rahu-Sun conjunction is called as Pitra dosha (debts from fore-fathers called pitrtas). You must do something for ur pitras. I dont know the remedies (You can search for them on relevant section in this forum) but in general donation to needy people, feding animals, birds is one of the gud remedy.

2. In D-1, 10L Mer is debilitated (though neechbhang). Again in D-10, 10L Moon is debilitated. This inidctaes some problems, frustrations in profession (whether it may be govt or pvt). You need to remember that you've these combinations and hence you're more likely to get adverse situations than others and be prepared for that. Or dnt give reaction too quickly. See Naval, you can't stop something from happening, but how you'll respond to it depends on you. With practice you can control ur reactions thus avoiding making things worse. Plz note in life u need not answer each & every thing, sometimes not answering is the best answer.

Since ur Moon is debi, its more likely that you carry ur past more than others. You may remember each & every details and may often think them whenever free. Debi Moon is very gud for spiritual practices but for worldy affairs it generally gives tensions. For this you shd worship Lord Shiva (MM Mantra is best else Om namah shivay mantra).

3. Jup in 5H is gud for astrology. For a gud astrologer Jup must aspect 2H (vaak siddhi) from Lagna. No such combination here but Jup do aspect 2H from Arudh Lagna. From Moon, 5H contain Mer & Ven. So all combinations are gud for learning astrology. But remember astrology is more of practice than reading. Do collect a lot of charts with their life details and argue yourself what happened when and why it happened? This will give u an idea of unfolding of past life karma in the form of dasha & transits.

God bless you
Neeraj

lavanyabivarapu

Post by lavanyabivarapu » 04 Apr 2012

Dear Neeraj
Thank you for your detailed analysis.
As you mentioned rahu indicates change, yes, I do observe that there were changes whenever rahu in either AD or PD, especially I see that in me dasa.
Currently we are in US and we both are working.
My husband's family wants us to move back to India and I really don't want to because I see personal problems. Do you think that we continue stay here on foreign land or move back to homeland? How can you interpret that change of residence?
Btw, Iam interested in learning astrology and now I know basics but don't know how to predict timing of events. Any good books you can advise where I can buy online?
Please advise.
While doing analysis, you are concentrating on d-1 and d-10 for professional life, but you are not considering transits here? Any reason?
You mentioned that I may face professional issues in ve pd as it is lord of 6th house and debalitated places in 10th house. My question is lord of dusthana is weak and can we consider this as good? Also, I have me-ve exchange of houses in d-1. What does it mean for Venus pd predictions.
Thanks very much for your time.

kc123

Post by kc123 » 04 Apr 2012

Dear Dr. Neeraj,

I read your post and found it very interesting. In my natal D1, I have both Jupiter and Saturn Vargottam. Jupiter is at 1degree Aries and therefore both in Rashi Sandhi and Gandanta. I am still to experience JU MD but my previous JU ADs have been generally quite progressive. Jupiter is also the lord of 4th and 7th houses and I have never faced any problems in the basic education front. Been married since the last 5 yrs and haven't had any major turmoils yet in my married life. Do you think there can be other mitigating factors that modify the Gandant rule?

Thanks for your time.
KC

P.S.
Ju is vargottam across multiple divisional charts
My BD: 10th Aug 1975, Khonsa Arunachal pradesh, 9:08 AM

uvio
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by uvio » 05 Apr 2012

Dear Sir,

pls explain results of exalted jupiter in D-9, saturn retro vargottam with aspect on jupiter in d1 and jupiter in virgo rasi for chart chennai born 7.15am 17-12-2004. will jupiter, saturn, budh dasas be ok. much regards

A S