What actually is Vargottam?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: What actually is Vargottam?

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Apr 2012

naval wrote:Dear Dr. Neeraj,
Here are some doubts of me, which u will clarify as u did in past teo replies.
1 Could transits help on this matter
2 One thing where i wud like to draw ur attention that,my moon is deb in Rasi,D9 and D10, but all the three time it has got neechbhanga from the same planet Mars........so hat does it indicates for me.
Dear Naval
1. Your observation on transit of Sun is very correct and I too hope it'll give results. My only concern is that in D-9, ur Sun is in debilitation which reduces it power to some extent.
2. Neechbhang of any planet denotes success after struggle. Here too in matters related to Moon or the significations of Moon's lordship, there'll be struggle but in end things will be ok.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Apr 2012

lavanyabivarapu wrote:Dear Neeraj
Thank you for your detailed analysis.
As you mentioned rahu indicates change, yes, I do observe that there were changes whenever rahu in either AD or PD, especially I see that in me dasa.
Currently we are in US and we both are working.
My husband's family wants us to move back to India and I really don't want to because I see personal problems. Do you think that we continue stay here on foreign land or move back to homeland? How can you interpret that change of residence?
Btw, Iam interested in learning astrology and now I know basics but don't know how to predict timing of events. Any good books you can advise where I can buy online?
Please advise.
While doing analysis, you are concentrating on d-1 and d-10 for professional life, but you are not considering transits here? Any reason?
You mentioned that I may face professional issues in ve pd as it is lord of 6th house and debalitated places in 10th house. My question is lord of dusthana is weak and can we consider this as good? Also, I have me-ve exchange of houses in d-1. What does it mean for Venus pd predictions.
Thanks very much for your time.
Dear Lavanya

Transits shd be used for accurately predicting about future. I dnt know why i missed it.
The exchange of Mer-Ven is gud as they are 10L & 11L respectively.
There's a famous Parashari principle that whenever LL is strong, debilitated planets in 3/6/11H or lords of 3/6/11 as debilitated gives rajyoga.
In ur chart LL Jup got 1.07 strength in shadbala but in Vimsopak bala it is weak (8/20), hence i doubt whether debi Ven can give u gud results. Debi 6L generally reduces competitiveness and make native a soft target for enemies. You may have to face struggle from ur enemies.

Since planets in exchange gives results of each other in their dasha, in the dasha of Ven you may get results related to Mer 10L.

God bless you
Neeraj

idontknow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by idontknow » 24 Apr 2012

sir
I have learnt few basics in astrology. My query is am having (sun-venus) and (saturn-moon) combination repeatedly in d1 ,d9 and many dx charts. So albiet not vargottama but still are these combination making a special role.

plz give your inputs (march 30 1989 hyd 6:40 pm)

regards
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 24 Apr 2012

kc123 wrote:Dear Dr. Neeraj,

I read your post and found it very interesting. In my natal D1, I have both Jupiter and Saturn Vargottam. Jupiter is at 1degree Aries and therefore both in Rashi Sandhi and Gandanta. I am still to experience JU MD but my previous JU ADs have been generally quite progressive. Jupiter is also the lord of 4th and 7th houses and I have never faced any problems in the basic education front. Been married since the last 5 yrs and haven't had any major turmoils yet in my married life. Do you think there can be other mitigating factors that modify the Gandant rule?

Thanks for your time.
KC

P.S.
Ju is vargottam across multiple divisional charts
My BD: 10th Aug 1975, Khonsa Arunachal pradesh, 9:08 AM
Dear kc123
I'm happy that u never observed the effects of 7L Jup in 8H. My only submission was that vargottam planet shd not be taken as always benefic, there are issues involved in it.
In ur chart there're few things which i feel as restrictive:
Marital Analysis:
1. 7L is in 8H aspected by 6L Sat. Jup's dispositor Mars is in exact deg conflict with Ketu hence weak. But Jup is vargottam (not in rashi sandhi as its deg are 01-09) and in friendly sign, it is combating the ill effects.
2. From Karakamansha Aquarius 7L Sun is in 6H with Sat and 7H aspected by Mars.
3. From Upapada lagna Gemini, 2H contain Sat & Sun (not gud for marital harmony). Upapada lagna is in paap kartari by all malefics. But since LL & 7H are aspected by 7L Jup, there's a solid protective cover.
4. Karaka for marriage Ven is debilitated in D-9.
5. In D-9 there's an exchange of LL Moon & 7L Sat which shows strong bonding between u & ur spouse.

Now though there're worry factors but mitigating factors are also present. But its difficult that there'll be no problems in marriage at all. Things will go wrong some time but will be solved soon.

Now the second vargottam planet Sat. Whenever Sat & Sun are conjunct it gives some problem related to the house where they are conjunct. In ur case its 11H and lordships involved are of 12H (Sun is lord) and 5H/6H.
Since both aspect 5H, some problems related to kids may be there.
Sun & Sat, though father & Son, are bitter enemies. Generally their conjunction gives spoiled relation between father & Son. Plz check for the same with ur father & with ur kids.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

uvio wrote:Dear Sir,
pls explain results of exalted jupiter in D-9, saturn retro vargottam with aspect on jupiter in d1 and jupiter in virgo rasi for chart chennai born 7.15am 17-12-2004. will jupiter, saturn, budh dasas be ok. much regards
A S
Dear uvio
Sat is a neutral planet for Sagittarius lagna but its aspect from retrograde motion on LL Jup will certainly make the delay in results. Sat elongates the things, causes delay in them. Though its retrograde but since it is in enemy sign and placed in 64th navamsa of Sun (placed in 8th house on same deg of Sun) it is less expecetd to give benefic results. Moreover from 8H Sat aspect ur 5H and since 5L is in 12H with 6L Ven and in D-9 Mars is debilitated (though neechbhang), Sat may actually cause either delay in kids for the native or may give another problems like abortion. Though native is too young to discuss these aspects.

Jup in virgo is excellent for knowledge & studies but for kids its not a gud placement for Jup (karaka for kids). So from both Jup & Sat, kids section seems weak.

You can get some insight about Sat's results from Aug 5, 2012-Jan 26, 2013 in the PD pf Sat.

ANother time to watch is Nov 2014-2017. This time Sat will transit thru Scorpio where Sat got SAV score of 1/20 (very low). This time Sat in transit will be in 10th from natal Moon causing Sat's 10th place dhaiyya. This generally gives increased expenditures or visit to hospital (as Sat aspect 12th from Moon), problem to mother (Sat aspect 4th from Moon) and problem with opposite sex (Sat aspect 7th from Moon).

At of now native is of 16.5 yrs old and must be studying in 10+1 or 10+2. Education wise he/she seems to go for engg line as 5H contain Rahu & aspected by Sat. 5L Mars is with Mer & Ven. In D-9 5H contain Ketu and 5L Mars is conjunct Sat, Jup. Due to the repeat effect of malefics Sat, Rahu, Mars engg stream seems prominent.

God bless him/her
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: debilatated moon vargottam

vanpanwar wrote:hello sir
i have karka lagna and moon is debilatated in D1and D9 but their is neechbhanga of moon also with mars which is combust,so in this case will it be beneficial or bad as it is lagna lord also.will wearing pearl is beneficial do u think having combust mars which is yogakaraka for karka lagna creating setbacks in career
and doing remedies will improve situation
birth details
dob:19:12:1976
tob:9:20 pm
pob:new delhi
thanx and regards
Dear vanpanwar
Since Moon is conjunct Mars so there's neechbhang. You can wear Peral, it shd giev u gud results.
Moon is not combust as its 13 deg away from Mars (technically 1 day away as Moon travels 12 deg in 1 day).

Profession wise there'll be issues in ur career but will be sorted out as:
1. 10L Mars is in own sign with LL Moon, a gud rajyoga.
2. 9L Jup is in 10H making DKA rajyoga but since its retro it may delay results.
3. 8L Sat aspect 10H and you may observe change of profession, break in Sat's dasha
4. Ketu in 10H at times give profession related with religion. I've seen it in charts of many teachers of Art of Living.
5. In D-10, 9L Moon is in lagna aspected by LL Mars from 6H. 10H contain 11L (but also 8L) Mer. Connection of 8L & 10H is repeating in D-10.

Presently u r in sadhe satti which wil be gainful for you as Sat's SAV score in libra is 4/31 (above avg).
As remedial measure of debilitation of Moon, u shd recire Maha Mrityuanjaya mantra daily.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Raghi wrote:Neeraj Sir,
I think u missed my question.Can u please clarify my doubt i mentioned in my first post.
Thanks in advance,
Raghi
Dear Raghi
Your post was never missed, its only that I was replyign in FIFO (First In First Out) order.
You've not mentioned ur birth details which are needed to see the complete picture of chart & subtle points in chart like like vargottam, mrityu bhag, vish ghati & amrit ghati etc.
I endeavored to look for ur tentative chart and come to:
DOB: 19-Mar-1977
TOB: Approx 17:32
POB: I've taken Delhi as default
Hope you'll not feel offended. I've doen this just to have a complete pic of ur tentative chart.
In actual chart coz of change of place, there may be minor variations in dasha.

Now important insight i gain from it is:
1. Lagna, Moon & Mer are in pushkar navamsa. Jup is in visha ghati. Three planets Ven, Rahu & Ketu are vargottam.
2. Both Ven & Ketu are conjunct in almost same deg.
3. Ven is retro, gud in ur case it now Ven is going towards it point of exaltation. But Ven is in enemy sign, rashi gandant and aspect by 6L retro Sat. This substantially reduces the power of Ven.
4. Except Sat all planets are within 10 deg hence retail same rashi in D-3. Most of the planets are in Ayudh navamsa, which may give them aggression.

Regarding ur profession, 10L Ven is in gandant & in enemy sign. 8L Jup is in 10H (In D-10 again 10L Sat goes to 8H) this connection generally gives break in career or change in career in its dasha.

Now ur present:
Present dasha: Mer-Sat-Sat
Mer is debilitated in ur natal chart as well as in transit and Sat is transiting thru 64th navamsa of Moon (Its in 8th from natal Moon onexact deg of Moon). Sat's transit in 64th navamsa from Moon generally results in tensions, agony and generally delay in results. Its further aggregated coz of debilitation of Moon.
So this time must be a very tough time for you.

Things wil change after May 5 when Mer will move to Aries. But it'll be little relaxation as tough time may continue coz aound start of Sept Sat will again transit (this time in direct motion) from the same sensitive point. The dasha that time will be Mer-Sat-Mer. The same team of villians for ur chart.

Do recite Hanumaan Chalisa & Maha Mrityuanjaya Mantra for the strength to pass thru this situation.

God bless you
Neeraj

Note: The entire analysis & my efforts will prove useless if ur birth details are substantially different from what i've taken :-(

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Post by navall » 24 Apr 2012

Dear Dr. Neeraj,

Do i have Sun and saturn in Pushkar Navamsa, pls confirm.
Warm Regards,

Naval

kc123

Post by kc123 » 25 Apr 2012

Dear Dr. Neeraj:

Thank you for your time. Appreciate your help. I am currently wearing emerald and yellow sapphire- do you think this is a good combination given the factors that you mentioned above?

Regards
KC

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 25 Apr 2012

Raghi wrote:Neeraj Sir,
as per the horoscoe i have,in D10 it shows sat as the lord of 12th and 1st house.Can u pls verify it??
Will the things and career change in ketu and venus mahadasha??Thanks,
Raghi
In D-10 Lagna is Aries, hence Sat is 10L/11L
God bless You
Neeraj

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 25 Apr 2012

kc123 wrote:Dear Dr. Neeraj:

Thank you for your time. Appreciate your help. I am currently wearing emerald and yellow sapphire- do you think this is a good combination given the factors that you mentioned above?

Regards
KC
Dear KC
You lagna is Virgo hence Emerald is the stone for Lagnesh Mer. But since its place din 12H, it may increase ur expenditures. Plz observe for urself & then decide whether to continue wearing it.
Jup is markesh (7L) & bhadhikapati (lord for creating obstackes), moreover its placed in 8H. As per my knowledge u shd never wear Yellow Sapphire. Plz consult other astrologers too.

Your current dasha is Rahu-Moon.
You can wear Moti/Pearl (stone for Moon).

God bless you
Neeraj

kc123

Post by kc123 » 26 Apr 2012

Dear Dr. Neeraj:

What you say does make sense. As far as I recollect, the astrologer suggested Yellow Sapphire and Emerald because he thought Jup and Mer were in 7th and 11th bhavas (houses) respectively. But I also understand where you are coming from. As far as expenses are concerned, I have had to deal with very high expenses all my life (even before I started wearing the stone). I really do appreciate the time you have spent on my chart. Good bless you !!!

Thanks
KC

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 06 May 2012

Dear Dr Neeraj,

This topic is very informative. Appreciate your time :)

If the nodes (Rahu and Ketu) are exalted and vargottama, how would your interpret it?

I had posted this above query under a separate thread (below), but just saw this very nice existing one on Vargottama.

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... =5&t=15080

Thank you,

AstroKid_84

aang

Post by aang » 09 May 2012

Hi Dr. Neeraj,

I had vargottam jupiter placed in 2nd house Tula lagna. Currently I am running under guru mahadasha (which is so far very difficult for me, I can't express it :cry: ). Guru is also my UL lord but get placed in 12th/6th house from UL/AL. Will this guru help me. Will I get married during this guru mahadasha and as my AL/UL/A7 are in 1/7 axsis will vargottam guru open the dwara of AL (lord of 7th house from AL).

Birth Details:
3rd Feb 1983
23:30
Dhule Maharashtra, India
male

Thanks,
Aang

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 16 May 2012

Dear Aang

I believe ur TOB is 100% correct as on 23:20 ur lagna comes Virgo. Plz do check how was the day today as today Sun transited thru 2-01 (8th from Lagna on the deg of lagna, this is called as transit thru 64th navamsa of lagna which generally gives some health probelms like fever, boils etc.)

Secondly acc to PL7, u got vargottam lagna but not Jup.

Our revered teacher Sh KN Rao says "Tula lagna, Guru khallas" means Jup is the worst planet for the Libra lagna.Being the 3L (travel)/6L(diseases, enemies, debts) it generally gives problems.
Mars (being 2L/7L) is one of the most malefic planet for the Tula lagna. Though being 7L it can give u marriage related results too.
Ven is LL placed in 5H.

Now ur MD & AD are malefics for the Tula lagna. Additionally u r in sadhe satti. So definitely its not a very gud time.

Around Aug 4, Ketu will transit thru 64th navamsa of Moon. This time results in many confusions and misunderstandings. Plz take care at that time.

God bless you
Neeraj

Govindaram
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Govindaram » 31 May 2012

HI Neeraj,

I want to share my experiences about Vargothamam.In my D1 and D9 chart Asc, Mars, Rahu, kethu and Venus are in vargothama(Taurus Asc).According to my personal experience Planet in Vargothama will intensify the results caused by that position. For example Raahu is in 12th postion in my chart (Mars is the owner 7th and 12th exalted in 9 th), So it gives expenditure to my dad and to me. I went abroad for my studies , tuk loan and i am in debt now(financial burden).But it gives me Higher studies, worldly pleasures...so planets in vargothamma will intensify the results whether it is bad or good.

Pls share ur views

Thank you

Govindaram

sekharn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sekharn » 01 Jun 2012

Dear Neeraj ji...

Thanks for a very informative post... As per ur saying in my chart i have my 9L Mars placed in U.Shad(2) which is in Rashi Gandanta... Most importantly in my chart Mars being a planet of luck and Yogakaraka (9L & 4L) it also disposits 4 key planets like Sun, Sat, Mer & Jup... So what could be the effects due to this on my personal and professional front... is it because of this i am facing lot of agony in my life without proper settlement... Is my Sun and Mer which are in Ashwini Nak also having the effects of Gandanta...
It will be very helpful if you can analyse my chart about this....

DOB: 23-4-1971, 3pm, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh

Thanks in Advance...
Sekharn...

lavanyabivarapu

Post by lavanyabivarapu » 19 Jun 2012

Dr Neeraj wrote:
lavanyabivarapu wrote:Thank you for your analysis.
So, do you mean that my guru vargotham good for me in this life? Retro guru how and when it can show effects? I suspected moon vargotham to be bad as it moon is 8th lord.

In the professional life, thought present dasa is going to be good as me- gu is 1-5 to each other in d-1 and they are conjuncted in d-9. So, you are saying that we have to see d-10 when we predict about professional life?

Have one more question, can you predict whether we are going to be in US or go back to India in the near future. How we can predict abroad stay?
Thank you.
One of the combination indicating Change of residence is 3L in 4H or 4L in 3H, then in its MD/AD change may take place.
In ur chart 4L Jup is in 3H in D-1 & D-9. Currently u have dasha of Mer-Jup which is quite potent to give u change of residence.
Now which PD may give it?
At present its Mer AD, Mer (Mar 19-July 14) is 10L placed in 11H of gains, so it indicate sgains but since Mer is debilitated (though neech bhang as its dispositor is exalted & aspect it) in D-10 (chart for profession), so it may give some inital hurdles & then gain.

Next PD of Ketu (July 14-Aug 31) will give win over enemies and continue the gains (Ketu in 11H of D-10)

Next PD of Ven (Aug 31-Jan 16, 2013) may give some professional problems as Ven is 6L 9enemies) debi in 10H (profession). It is agian in debi in D-10.

Next PD of Sun (Jan 16,2013Feb 27, 2013) shd agian booost career as its 9L in 10H (DKA Rajyoga) and in D-10 Sun aspect 10H.

Next PD of 8L Moon (Feb 27, 2013-May 7, 2013) in 7H may give some tensions/resistance in partnerships, married life.

Next PD of Mars (May 7, 2013-June 24, 2013) is able to give u change as its 12L posited in 10H (indicating travel coz related to profession). In D-10 Mars is 8L posited in 4H, thish also indicates change of residence due to professional setup.

Next PDL Rahu (June 24, 2013-Oct 26, 2013) is posited in 12H (foreign) of D-1, Rahu in 12H generally denotes transiiton and is seen to give changes.

God bless you
Neeraj

Dear Neeraj,

You mentioned above that I need to take caution in dealing with profession. When you wrote that, I thought that I am quite comfortable in my job and nothing is going to happen at profession front(before july 14th). However, things started to move. Probably because PD Me is neecha and in transit also sani is in 4th place and Ju in 12th place. Will Ju aspect on Me in D1 and D10 save me?

My Mgr wants me to move to different position which also reports to her but I am not quite comfortable with the position because of the grade. I replied saying that I need more attractive package in order to move to that position. I am expecting different grade with more pay. Manager is accepting more pay but not change in grade, which is really killing me. This is happening all of a sudden. 10 days back I don't have any problems in career front. Now, do you think that I can achieve promotion with more pay? If not, then I am thinking of looking for another job outside because I know that I am quite capable with education and experience(provided stars align correctly). Please advise.

Right now, I am chanting Hanuman Chalisa and Maha Mrithyunjaya manthra. I still remember that Hanuman chalisa gave me wonders in my past. Do I need to do any other remedies?

Thanks
Lavanya

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 19 Jun 2012

lavanyabivarapu wrote:do you think that I can achieve promotion with more pay?
Dear Lavanya
I feel you will require to move as star indicate such. Regarding promotion, you'll get them but after hassels and problems.
God bless you
Neeraj

ssid
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ssid » 05 May 2013

I've been trying to understand if my shanidev vargottam will impact the upcoming dasha (and figure out if the impact will be positive or otherwise). Dob : April 22, 1976. 11.07 pm, Ahmadabad Gujarat. Would really appreciate some insights. According to my calculations shanidev vargottam in cancer in D 9

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 14 Oct 2013

Dr neeraj

Any health troubles. To. My mother Are indicated in the period. I m curreNTly running.
Last edited by manya on 17 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 18 Oct 2013

Hi Neeraj,
I have a unique problem at hand....My Saturn is Debilitated, Retrograde, and Vargottam at the same time....Saturn is Vargottam across many charts....Saturn is also in Gandanta Point....Right now, I am going through Saturn Dasa and Mars Bhukti will start soon....Can you give your feedback on my Saturn and how this dasa is expected to be???
DOB: 6/Sept/1968
Time: 3.40 AM
Place: Chennai.
Waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Sunder.
Birth Details: 06/Sept./1968, 3.40 AM, Chennai...
I believe it because I hope for it...- Leon Blum.