DRIK VS SRI SURYA SIDDHANTA .

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: DRIK VS SRI SURYA SIDDHANTA .

Post by anxious2711 » 22 Aug 2012

My two cents:

Whenever the sun rises, we only see it's light 7 minutes (taking the distance and the speed of light into account) after it has actually risen. And we start to feel it's warmth after that, so which system should we use?

rishirahul
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rishirahul » 22 Aug 2012

anxious2711 wrote:My two cents:

Whenever the sun rises, we only see it's light 7 minutes (taking the distance and the speed of light into account) after it has actually risen. And we start to feel it's warmth after that, so which system should we use?

Hi,

For results in the material world, should we not see what appears to been, in reference to the Sun & its light appearing?

RishiRahul
Astrologer, Palmist and Numerologist
For Serious Astrological Consultations, Accurate Time Predictions and Decisions

milredr

Post by milredr » 14 Oct 2012

T.C. Drik Vs SSS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 14 Oct 2012

Milred,

Who is pvr108?
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

milredr

Post by milredr » 15 Oct 2012

P.V.R.Narasimha Rao

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 15 Oct 2012

Oh okay, thanks. And thanks for posting his post here as it will bring an end to this debate about which system should be used. I am feeling good actually that I never went for SSS, though many said that it was helping them understand charts, which the other system couldn't explain.
Last edited by basab14 on 15 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

deeps

Post by deeps » 15 Oct 2012

Great to know that the debate will now finally be buried for good. :)

ASEEM

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » 15 Oct 2012

Dear Moderators I cannot view the attachment. Kindly help.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 15 Oct 2012

You need to login to see them. Are you sure ?
I logged n and was able to see the attachment.

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » 16 Oct 2012

dear Jolli I am logged in and am posting this msg to you. I cannot see the attachments even now.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 17 Oct 2012

Hi Howzat

I am at loss to help you. If you are not able to see Astroboy Jee's attachment, then there is some other problem. As far i know, thats the attachment which is there in this thread. I am keen to help, but may not be capable of.
Still if you explain in detail what is exact attachment u r not able to see, and also any technique you applied to see it, apart from being logged in, perhaps i can give a try.

Further u can PM me the screen shot so that i can see how you are getting it.

bravo....gud luck

dzonsmit314
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by dzonsmit314 » 09 Dec 2021

According to most Horas:
• Model of the structure of the world - Geocentric.
• Grahas movement is realistically observed (Drik Ganita).
• Bhavas are equal to the size of Rashis.

According to most Siddhantas:
• Model of the structure of the world - Heliocentric.
• Grahas movement is speculative.
• Bhavas are not equal to the size of Rashis (Bhava-Chalita).

The coordinates of the stars and the movement of the planets in Siddhantas often differ from the real picture of the sky, which is followed by astronomers and astrologers.

Composing the Panchangs according to the formulas from the Siddhantas often leads to erroneous results. And calculations according to Drik Ganita always lead to results that correspond to reality.

Before Shripati (11th century AD), no one made horoscopes according to the Siddhantas. This is quite evident from most of the ancient astrological Horas, Samhitas and Jatakas that existed long before him.

Psychicramlaxman

Post by Psychicramlaxman » 19 Jan 2024

The Surya Siddhanta calculates the solar year to be 365 days 6 hours 12 minutes and 36.56 seconds. On average, according to the text, the lunar month equals 27 days 7 hours 39 minutes 12.63 seconds. It states that the lunar month varies over time, and this needs to be factored in for accurate time keeping.