Jupiter-Saturn conjunction

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Jupiter-Saturn conjunction

Post by rita » 03 Aug 2010

I have read in a number of places that Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in a house is a very good yoga - it is supposed to give luxuries, stability in profession, properties and wealth. However I have also read that it is a yoga denoting a Brahmin's curse or a curse due to 'gow hatya'. Would be grateful if any astrologers can throw more light on this yoga.

Thanks

Rita

Warm Regards

Rita

Nitin21

Re: Jupiter-Saturn conjunction

Post by Nitin21 » 03 Aug 2010

All depends on placement and Vimsopaka bala of Jup and Saturn. In terms of Dharmic karakatwa both in one house will complement each other very well and establish belief in Dharma and Tradition. But there will be a difference. Jupiter's strength will boost the ego and Saturnine qualities will keep bringing the native down to earth. Also, It does indicate gow dosha and one must donate a cow/serve cow depending on intensity to overcome the ill effects.

Other effects will depend on the ownership of house of Jup and Saturn.

Regards
sonu

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello Astrosonu,

Thanks for that information. I suppose the Dharma aspect is because Jupiter denotes expansion and Saturn denotes contraction.

I was curious about the 'gow dosha' because Jupiter-Saturn conjunction occurs for a whole year, for example, in 1961 it occurred in Capricorn, does that mean every person born during that year has 'gow dosha' in their chart?

Regards
Rita
Warm Regards

Rita

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 03 Aug 2010

Hi Rita,

Yes Jupiter means Righteousness and Religion and Saturn indicate Tradition and discipline. Today's time of Kaliyuga is rightly controlled by Saturn, as the devata keeps the expansion in check. Any aspect of Benefic Saturn on Jupiter is good as it implies discipline in religious matters. At the same time any aspect of Benefic Jupiter on malefic saturn keeps the native in check to be on right side of dharma.

Expansion and Contraction are not the right terms for the two planets as both the qualities are associated with each of them. For e.g. Jupiter contracts the person from atheism and expands towards righteousness. Similarly Saturn contracts the person from indiscipline and expands the native's abilities towards disciplined following of tradition. A Jupiter oriented native may worship God in a Jeans and a Trouser (liberal orientation towards Dharma per Desh/Kaal/Paatra) where as a Saturn oriented person would tend to follow the age old rules laid down in vedic scriptures to follow each and every step in detail towards worship, no matter where he/she is.

The effect of Go Hatya dosha may or may not be same in all charts as different factors come into play too. There could be a benefic aspect of fast moving planets like mercury, moon and Venus on such combination that can reduce the ill effects. At the same time, malefic aspects can magnify the issues. But at the basic level issue remains and Gow seva and Shri Vishnu aradhana is mandatory. This is because gow hatya is brahma hatya and Shri Vishnu is the brahaman.

Regards
Sonu

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the detailed explanation Astrosonu. Wonderful.

Regards
Rita
Warm Regards

Rita

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 05 Aug 2010

I have Saturn, Jupiter, and Venus in Kanya in 5th house for Taurus lagna.
9th lord Shani in 5th has blessed me with luck. Jupiter is a malefic for my lagna as owner of 8th and 11th.

-Sonali
astrosonu wrote:All depends on placement and Vimsopaka bala of Jup and Saturn. In terms of Dharmic karakatwa both in one house will complement each other very well and establish belief in Dharma and Tradition. But there will be a difference. Jupiter's strength will boost the ego and Saturnine qualities will keep bringing the native down to earth. Also, It does indicate gow dosha and one must donate a cow/serve cow depending on intensity to overcome the ill effects.

Other effects will depend on the ownership of house of Jup and Saturn.

Regards
sonu

Spring
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spring » 07 Aug 2010

Hi Sonu ji

I have Ju & Sa in graha yudh in my 2H in Vi (with the malefic aspect of Mo in 8H)
Sa has the Vimsopaka bala of 14 & Ju 11

You have spoken of gow daan & gow seva but presently where I live I cannot do any gow seva coz there are no gows around. Are there are other upayas to reduce this intensity.

Rgds
Spring

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 07 Aug 2010

Dear Spring,

You can do this via friends/family in India. A mere sankalp and the desire to do so is good enough to get started. Take it to the finishing line and see the results. Good luck.

Regards
sonu
Spring wrote:Hi Sonu ji

I have Ju & Sa in graha yudh in my 2H in Vi (with the malefic aspect of Mo in 8H)
Sa has the Vimsopaka bala of 14 & Ju 11

You have spoken of gow daan & gow seva but presently where I live I cannot do any gow seva coz there are no gows around. Are there are other upayas to reduce this intensity.

Rgds
Spring

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 09 Aug 2010

You nailed it. I wouldn't say I have manic-depressive tendencies, yes, but I would say a mini emotional roller-coaster.
I think the presence of Venus in the same house complicates the situation as it makes Jupiter uneasy in its company. But I guess millions of others born in 1980 would have the same combination.

nina wrote:Ju/Sa conj. in certain houses can give manic-depressive tendencies, but I can't remember which houses for sure, maybe the angles. Since one is a lifter (Ju) and the other a downer (Sa) one can get on a an emotional roller-coaster!
Otherwise Ju/Sa is a yoga for studies of ancient stuff.
Last, Ju/Sa conj. or mutual aspect to a house would show strong focus for the native on the matters pertaining to that or those house(s) since they're such important planet, complementing each other.
My 2 cents on the topic!

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 09 Aug 2010

Dear Sonali - Your moon is touched up a bit by Mars and Saturn causing a lil bit of uneasiness. But since both are well placed, it will not let you enter into chronic depression etc. Yes Venus is a problem. You are right about that.

Regards
Sonu
sonali.shah wrote:You nailed it. I wouldn't say I have manic-depressive tendencies, yes, but I would say a mini emotional roller-coaster.
I think the presence of Venus in the same house complicates the situation as it makes Jupiter uneasy in its company. But I guess millions of others born in 1980 would have the same combination.

nina wrote:Ju/Sa conj. in certain houses can give manic-depressive tendencies, but I can't remember which houses for sure, maybe the angles. Since one is a lifter (Ju) and the other a downer (Sa) one can get on a an emotional roller-coaster!
Otherwise Ju/Sa is a yoga for studies of ancient stuff.
Last, Ju/Sa conj. or mutual aspect to a house would show strong focus for the native on the matters pertaining to that or those house(s) since they're such important planet, complementing each other.
My 2 cents on the topic!

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 16 Aug 2010

Dear Sonu ji,

I have Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in my navmasha chart in the 8th house. What does this mean?

-Vidhyanine
Smile

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 27 Aug 2010

vidhyanine wrote:Dear Sonu ji,

I have Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in my navmasha chart in the 8th house. What does this mean?

-Vidhyanine
Dear vidhya,

The general effects would be per discussion above. But this conjunction also makes the native a good cook.

Regards
Sonu

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 27 Aug 2010

Sonuji,

Yes, I enjoy cooking. Jupiter and Saturn together in the 8th house in Navamsa would also mean litigation, inheritance, windfall, and hard struggle right?

-Vidhya
Smile

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 29 Aug 2010

Per KN Rao,

Jupiter- saturn combination also indicates legal profession.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 29 Aug 2010

gow daan and nitya gow seva is the best remedy. On every meal let your son take the first roti out for gow, do a small heartfelt prayer to gow maata and then start meal.
Prime wrote:Dear Sonu ji,

My son has Ju-Sa in Taurus 10H. Pls let me know the remedy for this.

thank you!

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 29 Aug 2010

i have always nurtured this dream but i have not been able to make a goshala. My best wishes for you in this sacred effort. :)
Prime wrote:Thank you Sonu ji!

Also I try ask my husband to make a goshala for care and worship.

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 30 Aug 2010

Hina,

Jupiter-Saturn combination indicates Legal profession? That is funny, because I have recently been interviewed for a position in litigation economics as an economist. I studied Finance.

Thanks

-Vidhya
Smile

pdhulipalla

Post by pdhulipalla » 14 Sep 2010

If there is a conjunction betwen Jup, Sat and sun then also does it comes under this "Brahma hatya yoga"/ "go hatya yoga" ?

what kind of yoga does this conjuction forms. i tried reading many articles but most of them told about sun-sat / sun-jup / jup-sat combinations but not
about sun-sat-jup conjunction.

Please pass some light on this.

Thanks,
Pdhulipalla.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 14 Sep 2010

Hey Vidhya,

This is as per KN rao's dictums. I have seen charts where Jupiter- Saturn did not result into legal profession. So, there must be something else as well.

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 15 Sep 2010

I know 3 natives (one myself :D ) who have Ju-Sa conjunction and are not
into legal profession.
CRS

Basab

Post by Basab » 15 Sep 2010

I have Saturn-Jupiter conjunction too, and I too am not in the legal profession.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 15 Sep 2010

I have sat-jupiter conjunction in my rasi chart of course along with 5 other planets - sun, mercury, mars, venus and ketu. I am nowhere near law, and I dont like that field. I am into science. Do I have any dosha related to sat-jupiter conjunction? The presence of 5 other planets together must have either enhanced or reduced the dosha, I suppose, provided there is dosha. Please clarify.

Dev 1-2-62 New Delhi 2.30am

Patriot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Patriot » 13 Oct 2010

Namaste All,

what does Guru-shani conjunction mean in D-charts or does it hold significance in D1 chart.only I heard that conjuction of Guru & shani is very good for Spiritualism & religious matters.

Regds,
GB