Sakata yoga and its remedies

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
pm
Sakata yoga and its remedies

Post by pm » 29 Dec 2009

How is Sakata yoga formed; how long does it stay, and what the remedies for sakata yoga. One astrologer mentioned that I have sakata yoga (but none of the others who looked at the horoscope).

Thanks,

Meena

Post by Meena » 29 Dec 2009

Variations in Sakata yoga are many. Conditions for it's cancellation also exist.
Birth details are required for knowing what type of Sakata Yoga is present in the chart.

pm

Sakata yoga

Post by pm » 29 Dec 2009

Hi,

My details are
Last edited by pm on 21 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Meena

Post by Meena » 29 Dec 2009

Sakata Yoga is formed when Moon and Jupitor are in 6/8 disposition.In your horoscope the 4th lord Moon is in 10th and 9th and 12th lord Jupitor in 5th.They are 8/6.The general influence of this is on
1.Related to mother and father.
2.Children.
3.Health problems mostly mental tensions and fear.
Probably you are facing deficiency in happiness from these issues.
Remedy is prayers to the planets directly in any Nav Grah mandir or to Lord Shiv-Parvathi on Mondays or Thursdays.

sunsri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sunsri » 29 Dec 2009

i have sakata yoga. Ascendant is Taurus, Moon in 2H Gemini and Jupiter in 9H Capricorn.

July 27, 1973, 03:10 AM IST, Madurai, Tamilnadu,India

sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sivagnanalingam » 29 Dec 2009

|| Jaya Jaganatha ||

Namaskar,

Chief significator for Money is Jupiter.

Mind's significator is Moon.

When Moon and Jupiter are posited 6 /8 this is Sakata Yogam.

Ups and downs in money matters.

Sakata means wheel. ( Sakkaram ) wheel rotates up and down.
So money comes and goes. Few months native have money next few months he is penny less. So happy and unhapinees ( mind ) due to money ( jupiter )

This is an effective Yoga.

If Jupiter is in own house then something better for money matters.
but can't escape from this Yoga.

siva sarasalai

pm

Sakata Yoga

Post by pm » 29 Dec 2009

Thanks Meena for detailed explanation. Few questions:

So 8/6 combination is also considered sakata yoga? I had been told that because of my sakata yoga, I will not be able to stick to any job for a long time, but you didnt mention any effects on career.

Thanks for remedies; I will perform poojas.

sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sivagnanalingam » 29 Dec 2009

|| Jaya Jagannatha ||

If career is broken how can you expect good money flow. :roll:
here sakata Yoga works.

siva sarasalai

pm

sakata yoga with 8/6 combination?

Post by pm » 30 Dec 2009

Siva sarasalai,

so are you saying that 8/6 combination is also sakata yoga?

Meena

Post by Meena » 30 Dec 2009

Sakata means cart with two wheels on either side.

Dear pm,
The Yoga effect is indicated in my reply.Job issues are to be viewed in a different way taking the lord of 10th/2nd etc and D9/D10.
Meena

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 30 Dec 2009

Can someone suggest appropriate remedy for this?
We all know it causes money issues.
What I am looking for is factors that weaken this yoga..remedies if at all.
Since this yoga is caused due to moon position mantra may be helpful.
Also this yoga is not very strong if either of the planets are in their own house,exalted or the yoga is absent in navamsa.

And yes as Siva explained it gives stress due to money..sometimes even though you may have money it may still give you stress just thinking that you do not have enough money.

This yoga is not rare or uncommon and can found even in celebrities.
If you do not have sakata yoga it does not mean that you will not have money worries.. :wink:

sivagnanalingam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sivagnanalingam » 30 Dec 2009

|| Jaya Jagannatha ||

Namaskar,

No doubts for job 2nd and 10 houses must be considered.

Second Bhava significator is JUPITER.

Tenth Bhava significator is also Jupiter.

These called BHAVA KARAKAR.

Aboe all, jupiter is the Prime Karaka for money.

Money is honey :P

siva sarasalai

pm

Career prospects

Post by pm » 31 Dec 2009

Thanks to all of you.

In her posts Meena had suggested remedies for problems with Sakata yoga, "Remedy is prayers to the planets directly in any Nav Grah mandir or to Lord Shiv-Parvathi on Mondays or Thursdays."

You had mentioned influence of the yoga on parents, kids and mental tension
1. My father had been sick for about 25 years and had passed away 2 years back. He had a series of problems and was sick most of the time.

2. My son had some problems initially but is now healthy. My daughter has been having some minor health problems that cause my mental tension.

3. I dont think I fear anything but have a lot of mental tensions (fear ke liya time kahan hai :) ). Most of my tensions are due to family relationship, and career (or lack of steady career).

In light of these I believe your analysis is on the mark.

Few questions:
Mantras would also be helpful as Ghrishneswar requested; Meena can yopu please suggest any.

Is there any way I could calculate when the wheels are turning?

Meena can you also analyze my job/career issues?

Thanks again and

Happy New Year 2010

Meena

Post by Meena » 01 Jan 2010

You are better suited for business instead of job.Saturn(Retro) Mahadasa is in since 9-2006.Highly benefic lord in 12th with Rahu.Do prayers to Shani on saturdays.Mercury Antardasa and Sukra Antardasa in Shani Mahadasa may be a bit strenuous.Pray Sri Vishnu/Sri Durga mata during those periods on Wednesdays/Fridays to get relief.
Wheels never stop.Good faith keeps people moving in right track

pm

Sakata Yoga

Post by pm » 04 Jan 2010

Hi Nina and Meena,

Thanks for your detailed analysis and remedies.

Nina you asked for events in 2001 thru 2003. Actually the time was quite good; my daughter was born in 2002. While the pregnancy was a bit difficult with gestational diabetes etc, but there was less mental tension. There was also very few tensions in the family.

Career was also good since in 2003 I moved into a role that required my analytical abilities. My workplace was quite considerate about my pregnanacy. Mid 2001, I had been travelling but was able to stop during my pregnanacy.

Nina, you mentioned that breaks in career will be slow, but I have been experiencing that more often since aleast 2 years. Some of these have been due to circumstances as well. I had to take up part time contract job in 2008, but with recession there was little to no inflow of money. I tried getting back full time but with my husband out of the country and 2 kids to take care of I had a few constraints.

I have been working on positive thinking, it seems like a daunting task right now :)

Meena, thanks for providing the remedies. My shukra antardasha should start soon, so your suggestions are just in time.

Thanks

pm

Sakata yoga

Post by pm » 04 Jan 2010

Hi Meena,

Correction: Actually I am in my Mercury antardasha.

You also mentioned about doing business, but I dont think that will happen soon, though I wonder if I ever will be able to. One other astrologer also mentioned that few years back.

Thanks

pm

Post by pm » 08 Jan 2010

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your reply. I dont understand your answer completely "your Jupiter is in great dignity...". Can you please explain it further? I sent you separate message with a request as well. Hope you received it; I look forward to your answer.

Thanks

pm

Re: Sakata yoga and its remedies

Post by pm » 08 Aug 2019

All,

My saga with sakata yoga continues. Recent one was a classic example: 3 months back, I accepted an offer and resigned from the(then) current job. But there were issues in HR in new company, and I still did not receive start date and final offer. So now I am back to being un-employed; I have started hunting for job one more time.
I noticed this happens every 12-18 months; sometimes I am lucky to get back on track while other times I have start looking for a new job. But each experience leaves me drained, frustrated, and more depressed.
I wonder if the cycle ever stops in the lifetime. I have been told that my sakata yoga impact is low on my horoscope since Moon and Jupiter are in kendra; I shudder to think what full impact would mean.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 09 Aug 2019

Sakata yoga coupled with kemadruma yoga gives much frustration and depression . In some cases where the planets are rather weak the native may go in to deep depression bordering on schizophrenia or bipolar diseases . The center of the problem is mental tension and mental instability as the main contributor is moon manah karaka .

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Nov 2019

I have been told that my sakata yoga impact is low on my horoscope since Moon and Jupiter are in kendra;
This is not sakata yoga, it is only when moon and jupiter are in 6-8 positions to each other in the rasi chart.
Some consider sakata yoga in navamsa too but some rule it out.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 28 Nov 2019

Sakatayoga occurs when moon and Jupiter are in 6- 8 positions to each other in rasi chart. At te same time if Moon does not have any planet on either side it amounts to kemadruma yoga . With my observation I found out such kemadruma yoga along with sakata yoga makes the person to become detached from all the worldly entrappments though not exactly out of high spiritual awakening but more out of many disappointments in life . After some years one may become a sanyasi in letter and spirit . To become a sanyasi of high order leaving everything out of realisation of the absolute truth one should have high level of sanyasa yogas , with Rajayoga also . The sanyasa causing planet should not be afflicted by combustion , defeat in planetary war , debilitation with out redemption or otherwise afflicted .The difference between real sanyasa yoga and frustrated sanyasa yoga is , one occurs with true enlightenment and the other with frustration ,

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Nov 2019

So navamsa is not considered?
When moon herself is in lagna that is a cancellation though there are no planets in kendra to moon or lagna and no planet aspecting moon.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 28 Nov 2019

There is a difference -- -- in not having a bad yoga at all and getting cancellation of bad yoga --- in the manifestaion of the results . Theoritically cancellation could give some raja yoga but on emotional or mental plane the stigma still persists .

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 29 Nov 2019

All yogas are formed and considered from Rasi position ONLY . The actual materialisation is reflected in the bhavas where such yogas fall in bhava .