Rasi vs Bhava chart for Dharma Karma Adipathi Yoga

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
anandv156
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Rasi vs Bhava chart for Dharma Karma Adipathi Yoga

Post by anandv156 » 03 Apr 2019

Dear all, I am virgo ascendant (with Scorpio Rasi) in both Rasi and Bhava chart.
In Rasi chart, I have Mars in 9th house and Sun/Budha/Venus in 10th house.
In Bhava chart, I have Mars in 8th house, Sun/Budha in 9th house and Venus/Rahu in 10th house.
Lagna lord Budha is both retrograde and combust.
Questions:
1. Should we look at Rasi or Bhava chart to assess Dharma Karma Adipathi yoga?
2. Will a retrograde 10th lord (who also happens to be lagna lord) cancel this yoga?
3. What other factors should we look out for identifying Dharma Karma Adipathi yoga?
4. Does my horo have that yoga? If yes, how effective is it.

Thanks in advance for valuable analysis.

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rasi vs Bhava chart for Dharma Karma Adipathi Yoga

Post by KMD » 28 Jul 2021

Hi,

Dharma Karma Adipathi Yoga is formed when the 9th and 10th house lords seen from lagna or Moon form a mutual relationship - preferably in a kendra or trikona.

In the above example, the 9th and 10th lords from ascendant form a mutual relationship in kendra / trikona. In the rasi chart, they are both in the 10th. In the bhava chart, they have mutually exchanged signs, ie., 9th lord is in 10th and 10th lord is in 9th.

Therefore, this yoga exists. Retrogression does not cancel this Yoga. Combustion may weaken it.

There are books on Yoga written by BV Raman, Ernst Wilhelm which give methods of calculating the effectiveness of Yogas. You may refer to these books.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."

jelly29
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jelly29 » 21 Aug 2021

I hve this yoga evn .I don't know whn n how will it manifest
My details :30/06/84 f
Tob 20:25 dibrugarh Assam
Accidentally/incidentally with my chart all the promise good may not come true but all bad things n stuff does come true
My 9th n 10th lord both combust

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 01 Jun 2022

Dear KMD,
Your question goes primarily to the issue whether the chart should be read thru Bhava chalita or thru the Rasi chart
It's one of the many contradictions in vedic astrology

While Parasara calls Bhava when defining Yogas and their fruits and the way to calculate Bhava is defined as 15deg on either side of the Asc become first bhava and every 30deg plus the subsequent Bhava ...which means basically Bhava Chakra

Yet the Rasi chakra works quite well in fructifying Yogas....even if they are broken when converting to Bhava chakra

Therefore Yoga in Rasi chakra should be counted and take precedence in my humble experience
If the yoga remains even when converting to Bhava Chakra....then the yoga should be deemed very strong.

if a new yoga appears in Bhava chakra which did not exist in the Rasi chakra...then in my view it will not fructify

Hope this answers your query

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 05 Jun 2022

Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."