Does Parivartan yoga really works?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
bharat23
Does Parivartan yoga really works?

Post by bharat23 » 24 Jan 2019

Here is my understanding for Parivartan yoga-When lords of two houses exchange their position in each other’s houses,both the planets get the mutual strength.Due to mutual exchange, energy is enhanced,makes both the houses stronger and more powerful, Parivartan Yoga/ mutual exchange Yoga is created. Works best when the auspicious houses, Kendra ( 1st,4th,7th 10th house), Trikona (1st,5th,9th house), Dhana shthana (2nd house) representing wealth or Labh sthana(11th house) representing income, mutually exchange their houses.Not applicable to the inauspicious houses (Dusthana) i.e., 3rd, 6th ,8th ,12th which are excluded or except forming vipreet rajyoga between them.It works best between Kendras or One Kendra and Trikona/Dhan/Labh sthan.

Here are my questions-

1) parivartan yoga doesn't work at all as you're trying manipulating the original planetary position to your convenience ? how they exchange ? It does not seems logical.
2) parivartan only works during mahadasha of planets involved? why not all the time?
3) parivartan works for following in addition to houses involved in mutual exchange? ex- Nakshtra based,Navmansha ,Karaktwa. Is it true?

If it works then please if you can cite examples from real life and principles from scriptures?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Parivartan yoga really works?

Post by astrostar » 12 Feb 2019

Here are my questions-
bharat23 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
1) parivartan yoga doesn't work at all as you're trying manipulating the original planetary position to your convenience ? how they exchange ? It does not seems logical.
You already wrote the correct answer -
bharat23 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Here is my understanding for Parivartan yoga-When lords of two houses exchange their position in each other’s houses,both the planets get the mutual strength.Due to mutual exchange, energy is enhanced,makes both the houses stronger and more powerful....
A Planet absorbs/takes the features/significations of another Planet.
Parivartan yoga logic can be explained with dispositor theory too.

bharat23 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
2) parivartan only works during mahadasha of planets involved? why not all the time?
parivartan effect will be operating in life during the parivartan planets dasha (MD) or sub-dasha (AD) or any other planets who receive harmonious aspects from the parivartan planets.
bharat23 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
3) parivartan works for following in addition to houses involved in mutual exchange? ex- Nakshtra based, Navmansha, Karaktwa. Is it true?
Yes. native experiences exchange of effects between the planets involved like a conjunction or aspect.

examples for signification exchanges -
mercury jupiter conjoined in a sign
mecury in jupiter sign and jupiter in mercury sign
mercury in jupiter star and jupiter in mercury star
Jupiter signifying 4th house and Moon signifying 9th house

usually, in a conjunction also, significations of 2 planets would be mixed.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 14 Feb 2019

What happens when two enemy planets gets parivatan yoga? Eg let us say jupiter and venus. Will they still yield positive results?

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 15 Feb 2019

Building upon the discussion.....

1) Nakshatra based exchange as opposed to sign based exchange - which yoga is stronger?

2) In case say 2 planets are in parivartana yoga in D1 and form some association in D9 like occupying same sign, how does the further qualify the effect?

3) In sign based exchange is is probably easier to say which bhava effects get qualified (for e.g if Mars owns 2nd and 9th house and the exchange is happening with Moon who owns 5th house with Moon placed in Aries, then the exchange is happening between the 2nd Lord and the 5th Lord). However how does the same happen in nakshatra parivartana since the exact bhava cannot be identified here? So then which particular house effects get impacted more - 2nd or the 9th?

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 15 Feb 2019

I have nakshathra exchange of Venus and mars , venus being my 1lord and Mars being my 2 &7 . In general all the years in my life I was soft and gentle . But once when Venus dasa started after venus in venus to my utter surprise my temper became volatile and I started getting irritated for no reason . All the people around me are getting scared even to talk with me . Now I got confirmation of my theory that people change depending upon the planetary influences and a person whom we consider gentle and soft could become short tempered , pessimistic , irritable under the planet's influence . So there is no such thing as good or bad in the nature of any person . Everything is subject to a change .

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 15 Feb 2019

chandhok.deepak7 wrote:
14 Feb 2019
What happens when two enemy planets gets parivatan yoga? Eg let us say jupiter and venus. Will they still yield positive results?
positive/negative does not depend totally on friendship, enmity, parivartan yoga.
positive, negative depends primarily on planet's nature, and their house significations.
same applies to jupiter and venus.
they give good effects, if they signify good houses, else no use of parivartan.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 15 Feb 2019

sammyho148 wrote:
15 Feb 2019
1) Nakshatra based exchange as opposed to sign based exchange - which yoga is stronger?
Nakshatra based exchange is stronger one.
sammyho148 wrote:
15 Feb 2019
2) In case say 2 planets are in parivartana yoga in D1 and form some association in D9 like occupying same sign, how does the further qualify the effect?
consider as planets connected in D1 and D9.
depending on house ownership of planets in D9, study things related to D9 - how one behaves in relationships, what solutions one follows to solve their problems in marital life, happiness from spouse and family, personal interests/entertainment with spouse, future plans in family, etc.
sammyho148 wrote:
15 Feb 2019
3) In sign based exchange is is probably easier to say which bhava effects get qualified (for e.g if Mars owns 2nd and 9th house and the exchange is happening with Moon who owns 5th house with Moon placed in Aries, then the exchange is happening between the 2nd Lord and the 5th Lord). However how does the same happen in nakshatra parivartana since the exact bhava cannot be identified here? So then which particular house effects get impacted more - 2nd or the 9th?
in nakshatra parivartan, planets signify all houses which their nakshatra lord owns.
in case of moon mars nakshatra parivartan, if mars is in 10, then, moon signifies 2,9,10 houses.

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 16 Feb 2019

@astrostar lets says the houses involved are trikon and labh house(11th) what will it do to things signified by venus and jupiter? Eg education, wife, dharm etc. Where its understood that monetary conditions will be good.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 19 Feb 2019

chandhok.deepak7 wrote:
16 Feb 2019
lets says the houses involved are trikon and labh house(11th) what will it do to things signified by venus and jupiter? Eg education, wife, dharm etc. Where its understood that monetary conditions will be good.
1,5,9 are trikon houses
11th house is labh house
1 to 11 gives health, good friends circle, good relations with all, happy life
5 to 11 gives knowledge, arts, helpful children, entertainment
9 to 11 gives success in higher education, help from father, good fortune, etc.

To get good wealth and assets, must have links of 9,11 to 1,2,4,5,10 houses
because 9th house represents one's fortune, and 11th house shows one's wishes
So, if fortune and wishes are linked to 1,2,4,5,10, then, can have much wealth, assets, good career/business, good children, etc and leads a happiest life.
other links which also helpful are
2 - 2,6,10,11
5 - 2,6,10,11
9 - 2,6,10,11
11 - 2,6,10,11
etc.

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 19 Feb 2019

Okay.

Anything related to spouse or marriage can be said ? I was curious since venus represnt wife in males and jupiter represent husband in females.

What you said above majorly takes into account the houses. What would the planets suggest in parivartan?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 19 Feb 2019

A general reading can be -
Venus in Jupiter signs indicates virtuous wife. Similarly, Jupiter in Venus signs indicates a good husband. He would take care of his wife, family, wealth, children. But, if they get malefic affliction, can cause troubles, pains, disputes in the areas of family, spouse, children, wealth, social life.

Exchange of signs or houses or nakshatras, will not bring any great/best results unless planets signify good houses without getting afflicted. In other words, a planet which exchanges its houses or nakshatras with another planet, must signify good houses to give good effects.

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 26 Feb 2019

@Astrostar, could you please shed some light on parivartan of jupiter and mercury? Mercury is LL and situated in 4th sagittarius (along with sun) and jupiter in virgo in 1st. Jupiter being badhak for virgo asc, does it reduce the effect of parivartan?

Please enlighten

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 27 Feb 2019

This exchange is known as Maha Parivarthan Yoga.
Exchange is there between 1H and 4H, 1H and 7H, 10H and 4H, and 10H and 7H owners.
But the results of this 'exchange yogas' mostly depend on their nakshatra lords' ownership and placement positions.

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 27 Feb 2019

Thank you, astro star sir. This is the beauty of astrology, never ending depth to it :-). Just when I thought I understood this yoga a little, I came to know about nakshtra effect :-)

In this particular case, jupiter is sitting in chitra (mars), sub lord jupiter. Retro Mercury is sitting in purvashada(venus), sub lord venus. Mars is owner of 3rd and 8th (sitting in 6th with ketu) and venus is owner of 2nd and 9th (sitting in 5th). So, for this native the houses affected are 1,4,7,10,3,8,2,9,5,6...that's all the houses except 11 and 12...does it mean this parivartan yoga will affect this native's life completely?
How is nakshtra coming into picture even though there is no nakshtra parivartan. Please enlighten.

Thank you for your insight sir.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 27 Feb 2019

Dashas wrote:
27 Feb 2019
This is the beauty of astrology, never ending depth to it :-). Just when I thought I understood this yoga a little, I came to know about nakshtra effect :-)
Fortunately, depth ends at starlord and sublord.
Dashas wrote:
27 Feb 2019
In this particular case, jupiter is sitting in chitra (mars), sub lord jupiter. Mars is owner of 3rd and 8th (sitting in 6th with ketu)
Retro Mercury is sitting in purvashada(venus), sub lord venus and venus is owner of 2nd and 9th (sitting in 5th). So, for this native the houses affected are 1,4,7,10,3,8,2,9,5,6...that's all the houses except 11 and 12...does it mean this parivartan yoga will affect this native's life completely?
Jupiter signifying 1,3,4,6,7,8
1,3,4,6 are +ve, 7,8 are -ve. So mixed effect.
mercury signifying 1,2,4,5,9,10
1,2,4,10 +ve, 5,9 -ve for gains.
But all are +ve for health.
Dashas wrote:
27 Feb 2019
How is nakshtra coming into picture even though there is no nakshtra parivartan.
yes, nakshatra parivarthan is not there. But it came into picutre. House exchange works like a conjunction, and the planets exchange their energy and significations. But nakshatra lord's significations override the planets' significations. So, we have to consider their nakshatra lord and sub lord even in house exchange.
If you are able to study sublord too, then you can fully understand this yoga.

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 27 Feb 2019

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation :)

Drprakertik

Post by Drprakertik » 13 Aug 2019

i have ketu in punarvasu in 4th house and jupiter in magha in in 6th house..i recently had jup-jup-ketu, except for spirituality and psychic experiences, i cant estimate what else it does. My whole outlook has changed on life since Rahu-moon, feels like a hermit on the inside.

saditya86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by saditya86 » 03 Sep 2019

Hi bharat

You can draw a new chart exchanging the position of planets and start predicting.

Parivartan will work during periods, sub and sub sub periods.

For nakshatra I guess it is sookshma parivartan and my understandign is it works for rashi parivartan only.

There are many examples in Crux of vedic astrology by Sanjayji Rath

Thanks
Aditya

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 12 Dec 2019

27 dec 1993
10:50am
Barnala, punjab, india

What can you say about jupiter, venus exchange and married life.