How to study yogas??

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sdusaj
How to study yogas??

Post by sdusaj » 11 Dec 2018

How to study the yogas and calculate them? I am trying to learn astrology using the internet, any good links with accurate details will be helpful. I am confused because of varying descriptions.
For Example- 14/10/1991 8:15 PM, Jabalpur India. According to some calculations, this kundali has Sasa yoga and according to mine, it doesn't. Does it or doesn't it?
I am a beginner so any help is appreciated. Also, I have the permission of this individual to use their birth chart.

Thanks.

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to study yogas??

Post by murthys68 » 11 Dec 2018

Śaśa Yoga will be there only when Saturn is in angle (it means either of 1, 4, 7, 10) & Saturn should be in Libra or Capricorn or Aquarius.
In the above given horoscope, Saturn is in Capricorn in 9th house. 9th house is not a Kendra (angular house) house.

sdusaj

Post by sdusaj » 12 Dec 2018

Can you give me some links from where to study yogas?

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 13 Dec 2018

"300 important combinations" by B V Raman is a good primer on Yogas. Note however that this book describes the yogas, but whether those will fructify, and to what extent really depends on the overall chart where one has to look at multiple factors like aspects, depositors, strength etc which only comes by experience. You can also refer to some standard astrological texts on Jyotish - not the modern ones. You can search for such a list on this forum itself where such lists have been compiled for students & practitioners of astrology.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna