Wrestling, Boxing and other Martial Arts

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
bhas6362
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Wrestling, Boxing and other Martial Arts

Post by bhas6362 » 24 Oct 2018

Dear learned people,
I wanted to know various combinations and yogas to learn fighting sports like Wrestling and Boxing.I have heard one of the combination is strong mars in the Karakamsa lagna. But I know it couldn't be that simple so please share your views.

Agog
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wrestling, Boxing and other Martial Arts

Post by Agog » 26 Oct 2018

Interesting awaiting answers.

rearguard

Post by rearguard » 31 Oct 2018

I read somewhere that a conjunction of Mercury and Mars is helpful.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 01 Nov 2018

Have you gone through the Articles section in the forum?

Though not directly dealing with boxing or wrestling, here's a few that might interest you

https://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/v ... -of-daring
https://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/v ... ompetition

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 04 Nov 2018

I can certify by the sheer synchronicity that brought me to this thread, in regards to my exact question since last few weeks in my mind, as to why i was being forced to fight for these last few months in general. In my current times, as though that i was being forced to use logic (Mercury) to put a lot of energy so much so that it looking like a fight (Mars), to get what i deserve as miniumum. Otherwise i have been very non-confrontational all my life, and avoiding fights at all costs, until the fight itself as an entity forces itself upon me in some way, shape or form.

And i was hence wondering, what could the energy of Merury and Mars be forced upon me these days, as otherwise i do not have them conjunct in my natal chart. The sheer synchronicity hence, in this case is me getting to see this article, even when i was not searching for Mercury -Mars combination, and not even searching anything on astrology, but just happened to remember to look at light.. website as i do few times every week.

And just another synchronicity that, even for posting this thread, it failed 1-2 times, which has never happened with any post of mine at light.., hence representing the pattern in my life, to being forced to do the basic effort over and over again, as though it is destined, as though i have to earn the credit of the effort before getting what i deserve. Here the malfunctioning Mercury can be represented by my internet that is giving me issues in general for last 1 week.

bhas6362
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by bhas6362 » 04 Nov 2018

[quote=rearguard post_id=271158 time=1540989279 user_id=15213]
I read somewhere that a conjunction of Mercury and Mars is helpful.
[/quote]

I have read the same in the book "Light on Life- Hart defouw and Robert Svoboda". But Mohammad Ali doesn't have this combination in rasi but they are connected in Navamsa. Bruce lee has this combination and so does George Foreman.
There has to be something more than that.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 04 Nov 2018

And look at the Mars/ the fight, that the above post of mine had to be disapproved by the admin, it looks like two same posts, where the second post had the last paragraph, while the first did not. Eventually, I posted the full 3 paragraphs again today/ the next day of disapproval, and it got approved. Nothing wrong with the posts. But there had to be useless/wasteful looking energy / (Mars) put into it to communicate (Mercury) the same to others in the forum.
So Mercury and Mars combination does make it look like a fight/ wrestling.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 16 Nov 2018

A very reliable indicator I've found when it comes to a native having interest in martial arts is a Saturn Mars mutual aspect, particularly if both are well placed by sign.

Floyd Mayweather has an exalted Mars in Capricorn in mutual aspect to a Retrograde Saturn in Cancer. We all know where he ended up .:D

There are a couple more I remember, but I can't remember their names. I'll post them if I dig them up again.

I personally have this combination with Saturn in the 12th in Aquarius retrograde and Mars in the 6th in Leo, and I absolutely love martial arts in all forms as well as exercise and just about anything that is physically laborious. Me having this combination is what led to me researching into others who might have them.

I do remember finding a somewhat obscure boxer who had the exact same Saturn Mars combination as me (by signs, not houses as I didn't have the birth time) with Saturn being retrograde as well. :D

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't find the option to edit my post. Apologies if I missed it mods/admins, please feel free to add this to my previous post if necessary, thanks. :D

So I did some research and Saturn - Mars connections in general seem to be a very strong indicator of interest in martial arts to the extent of making it one's career, with mutual aspects and conjunctions between them being very strong indications of such pursuits. Here's some examples I've found that have Saturn-Mars mutual aspects:

Samuel Vargas (retrograde Saturn in Virgo, Mars in Pisces) Anthony Joshua (Saturn in Sagittarius, Mars in Virgo), Daniel Cormier (retrograde Saturn in Leo,Mars in Aquarius) Evander Holyfield (Saturn in Capricorn, Mars in Cancer), Sugar Ray Robinson (retrograde Saturn in Leo, Mars in Taurus).

Saturn-Mars conjunctions:

Vasyl Lomachenko (Saturn conjunct Mars in Sagittarius), Gennady Golovkin (retrograde Saturn conjunct retrograde Mars in Virgo), Larry Holmes (Saturn conjunct Mars in Leo), Joe Frazier (retrograde Saturn conjunct Mars in Taurus).

So yeah there's definitely something to Saturn-Mars connections in this area. These guys are all fighters who are or were at the very top of their careers. These are only the ones I've found so far, but yeah there's heaps! Interesting stuff.

joyd

Post by joyd » 16 Nov 2018

mars-mercury are key players in martial arts experts.saturn-mars just makes one as famous and outstanding in his field of activity.

joyd.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 16 Nov 2018

One of K.N Rao ji/ BVB books has the combination of Sat+mars described in some detail that is very instructive. The sat/mars PAC has shown to be indicative of Kshatriya leanings and the study actually traces this Sat/mars connection across generations and how over time, the linkage slowly weakens as the swordsmen transformed into keyboard warriors!
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

In my case atleast, I've personally found the mutual aspect between them to definitely provide a certain sense of tenacity, which I can definitely see as a trait that would be very important for someone with Kshatriya tendencies.

I guess it makes a person rajasic to some degree as well. I personally have issues with pitta related conditions quite often.

It's a truly brilliant combination, despite all the doom and gloom that is commonly associated with Saturn Mars connections of any sort, once a person reaches a certain state of maturity I feel. I remember reading about how destructive it was unless it was channeled properly in the past when I was quite immature relative to now, and in retrospect it definitely can be destructive if used unconsciously. Not just to others but to one's self as well. So fighting as a career seems like a great outlet for that energy.

joyd

Post by joyd » 17 Nov 2018

mars is force and mercury is quick thought,which are very key elements in any martial arts.but when you count saturn in place of mercury,saturn is restrictor and limitator of martian energy/force.so wise can only differentiate between these two planets combo result.scriptures described such saturn-mars combo gives rise an expert designer or manufacturer of machines/tools.In one word they called this combo as yantra-karmani.It HAS 2 DIFFERENT MEANINGS,ONE WHO WORKS WITH MACHINES/and the other one is who designs or makes such machines.

joyd.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 17 Nov 2018

Isn't Mars considered a karaka for engineering in general? Seems like a very Martian thing. Elon Musk has a Mars in Capricorn and his demeanour fits most engineers I've met to a T.

With regards to Saturn and Mars, the way I see it is Mars is energy and a Saturn mutual aspect or conjunction will infuse the expression of that energy with some characteristics of Saturn, such as physical labour (which fighting is) and difficulty in general.

From a martial arts perspective, I feel like a well placed Saturn with a well placed Mars can do quite a lot for a fighter. Saturn makes Mars regulate its aggression, which invariably results in developing defense. Floyd Mayweather for instance is considered one of the, if not the greatest (by some) defensive boxers of all time and he has these two planets in mutual aspect.

Saturn I feel also attempts to make Mars' energy more efficient, which is a karakatwa of Saturn too I guess. So taking Floyd's example, his strategy can be summed up quite simply as, 'avoid getting hit, when you hit make it count' (though this is of course much more difficult in actual practice) and it's worked for him quite well (undefeated 50-0 record).

I haven't personally looked into Mars Mercury combinations deeply enough to say much, but going by just the significations of the two planets I can definitely see it happening. Maybe a Mars and Mercury in Aries for example.. quite fiery I would imagine.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 17 Nov 2018

ChandraLagna wrote:
16 Nov 2018
this Sat/mars connection across generations and how over time, the linkage slowly weakens as the swordsmen transformed into keyboard warriors!
:) 8)

bhas6362
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by bhas6362 » 18 Nov 2018

With due respect, I disagree that saturn mars conjuction, aspect etc leads to martial arts in particular. But it does give the tenacity to fight, ie struggle, in life and compete and a general liking for sports(not martial arts in particular) look at the charts given in the website article for Mars Saturn conjuction one is basketball player, one tennis, one stunt man and the women is an outspoken feminist.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 18 Nov 2018

For the mathematically inclined, sat+mars seems to be a necessary condition, not a sufficient condition. In plainspeak, it means, people with interest in contact sports are more likely to have sat mars connection than not. It does not mean all sat+mars have to be in such sport.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 18 Nov 2018

Mars + Mercury is for wrestling as be classical reference. Saturn+ Mars [ Kshatriya Personality] means the career related to police force or armed forces. For sports connection of 3L and 10H or 3L and 10L is the same planet e.g in Leo lagna, Aquarius Lagna, 3L placed in kendra , Trikone or in 3H or 9H. Any Rajyoga in 3H or with 3rd lord. Roger Federer 3L Venus in Lagna[ also the 10L]. George Foreman 3L Venus in Rajyoga in 5H and Mercury + Mars in 6H. Sourav Ganguly 3L Venus in 10H and Mars+Mercury in 12H, Tendulkar 3L Mercury in 9H aspecting 3H, 9L Jupiter is aspecting 3H, Nemar 3L in 3H with 10L Sun, M.Ali 3L in 7H under the aspect of Jupiter the 9L, Imran Khan 3L Saturn in 10H with 10L Mercury and 9L Sun, Mbappe 3L Mars in Lagna and Lagna lord Mercury in 3H[Mars+ Mercury connection] and Monica Sales 3L Jupiter in 4H and Saturn the 5L aspecting 3H from 9H, Mars in 7H and Mercury in Lagna[ Mars Mercury connection.Patudi 3L and 10L Venus with 9L Mars in 4H a Rajyoga. 3H under the aspect of Jupiter[5L] and Saturn[7L]

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 19 Nov 2018

ChandraLagna wrote:
18 Nov 2018
For the mathematically inclined, sat+mars seems to be a necessary condition, not a sufficient condition. In plainspeak, it means, people with interest in contact sports are more likely to have sat mars connection than not. It does not mean all sat+mars have to be in such sport.
Only for Boxing/ Wrestling/ martial arts
I agree. With no logical explanations, folks write in journal without any science rationale, its like another novel writing in astrological journal ( James Hadley...…) :lol:
5th cusp longitudinal deposition analysis... whether the person interested in Sports( Boxing/ Wresting/ Martial arts)
5th cusp longitudinal depositions connected to 6th bhava... Person takes up sports goes through coaching/ training/ competes and becomes a Pro ( Boxing/Wrestling/Martial arts)
5th cusp longitudinal depositions connected to 6th, 10th... Person becomes Pro and turns Career as Pro in Boxing/Wresting/Martial arts
5th cusp longitudinal depositions connected to 6th, 10th, 11th and 4th... Not only Pro, person earns through these sports and also represents his/her country for International competition
5th cusp longitudinal depositions connected to 6th 10th 11th 4th 2nd.. Not only Pro, person earns through these sports and also represents his/her country for International competition and will only have legitimate bank account in mother country
5th cusp longitudinal depositions connected to 6th 10th 11th 4th 2nd 9th 12th.. Not only Pro, person earns through these sports and also represents his/her country for International competition and will have multiple legitimate bank accounts in mother country and as well as Overseas. His name and fame will be established
5th cusp longitudinal depositions connected to 6th 10th 11th 4th 2nd 9th 12th, and lagna .. Not only Pro, person earns through these sports and also represents his/her country for International competition and will have multiple legitimate bank accounts in mother country and as well as Overseas. His name and fame will be established, he will have Government award bestowed on him/ her ( Guru/ Kuja/ Shani, Budha should be connected to lagna and 6th)

so on so forth

Shani subject to placement in a natal chart... gives focus, hard work, leg coordination
Kuja subject to placement in a natal chart... gives courage, taste for success
Budha subject to placement in a natal chart... gives mental alertness, coordination with eye and hand, understanding directives/ giving directives to Coach
Chandra... agility, hand and eye coordination ( subject to the placement in the chart)
Guru.. acknowledging the rules and ethics of boxing/wresting game, hand/leg and feet movement with eye, hearing directives from Coach and referee
Rahu.. good aspect from Kuja, Chandra, Guru, Budha.... if it hits... will amplify the above mentioned qualities
Ketu... in Kuja's sign or good aspect from Kuja, Chandra, Budha

etc
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 19 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed mocking comments

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 19 Nov 2018

Lex Ji,

Marvelous explanation !!!
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 19 Nov 2018

removed negative content here.
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 19 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed negative content here.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 19 Nov 2018

@ChandraLagna, I completely agree.

There is definitely something to the mutual association between these two planets that creates a particular affinity for contact sports.

I feel like traditional texts associating the military and police as career options for natives who possess this can be taken to mean martial arts in the present day context as many elements that exist in the military and police exist in the world of professional martial arts. The fighting aspect, the potential for death or permanent injury, the strategic aspects, the physical and psychological preparation, the rank and hierarchy, etc. etc.

Being someone who has this combination, I can safely say that I can understand why many others decide to make martial arts a career choice. There is a strong appeal to the grueling, intense training required to be what is essentially a warrior, and to take that extra step to becoming the best, it requires literally giving up your entire life to it. The discipline, focus, psychological retraining required are all very appealing aspects.

Something interesting I've found with this combination is that 'well-placed by sign' can mean very different things. For instance, Evander Holyfield has this combination, and it's said that he becomes extremely fierce when he lets his emotions get the best of him in a fight, which isn't something that happens often as he has a Saturn looking at his Mars so he has the ability to control his Mars, but if you watch an interview with Holyfield and Tyson about what happened during the famous ear-biting incident, you'd see Tyson saying that Holyfield actually ended up scaring him with the intensity that came over him out of nowhere after he had bitten his ear as Holyfield started to base his aggression (Mars) primarily on the intense anger (Cancer) he was feeling at the time.

If I had to pick between either Mars and Mercury or Saturn and Mars associations for a reliable indicator of someone having an inclination towards martial arts, I'd have to pick the latter. Saturn represents gross matter from a karakatwa level, even though Mercury rules prithvi, Saturn has a stronger association with material objects as it is also tamasic by nature. Where I'm going with this is that, with Mars being aggression, the planet it associates with will modify the expression of that aggression. A Saturn association will, with its karakatwas, represent more expressions of actual martial arts than a Mercury association alone would.

Mercury I feel can indicate an interest in martial arts, but I feel it's far more dependent on sign placement than with Saturn. As I said before, I can see interest in martial arts if someone has Mars and Mercury in the 6th in Aries, or even a 6th in Leo (a more entertaining martial artist I would assume in this case), but in a sign where Mercury is in, say, Virgo, I would guess the native would be more inclined towards using that aggression of Mars in mental sports and games like an aggressive chess player for instance or sports where there isn't actual physical contact as a norm.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 19 Nov 2018

@Lex: Thanks for the good points provided on this thread about the various aspects of this topic. But pl conduct the discussion in a civil tone and not mock anyone no matter how much you disagree with the person's viewpoint. Let us keep make debate and disagreement acceptable, but not mocking or negativity.

@majestik108: Do you have charts that you have collected which you can share here for benefit of all members? A sort of concise summary - person, birth details, mars/Sat or Mars/mer Sambandha?

@ADC: Thanks for your inputs. Actually, when I mentioned "contact sport", my focus, and indeed that of this thread was on the "contact" part of it, and your points seem to focus on the "sport" part of it. So, if a person is in sport, then the theme of this thread is that mars and saturn, or mars and mercury seem to influence martial arts. We are not so much discussing whether or not a person is a sportsman or not. Additionally, your response to Lex was in very bad taste too and very personal, which was much negative too. Pl use more restraint and just flag the post for moderator attention and do not respond in this vein.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 19 Nov 2018

viewtopic.php?f=4&p=272481#p272209

My post right there contains nine boxers and MMA fighters with either a mutual aspect or conjunction between Saturn and Mars. Some of them are without a birth time, but the positions of Mars and Saturn don't change within the day so the mutual aspects/conjunctions still stand.

All of them were at or currently are at the very top of their respective sports and weight classes.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 19 Nov 2018

astrostar wrote:
19 Nov 2018
Lex Ji,
Marvelous explanation !!!
Thanks, now we will discuss couple of Pro boxers chart through K.P. System of astrology. You tell me, an infant born with Rajayoga at cradle, can infant go inside a Ring and bout. It requires logical and rationale application of Our Sages system of astrology. Shouldn't be misused.

Btw, this Matador ( game) sport in ring,in Spain. I watched it live. Pathetic. Matador wearing all armour around the body, when Bull charges him, he runs away and jumps out of the ring. If he is been attacked, there will 3-4 people will try to distract the Bull. And finally mounting on Horse ( Horse padded up with Iron armour)..will kill the Bull. What is braveness here, it is a show off.
India's Jallikattu, a type of Warrior sport with raging bull... No weapon Nothing. Bull is not killed here.