Guru chandal yog - the deep dark secret?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Guru chandal yog - the deep dark secret?

Post by Nora » 14 Jul 2018

Dear Experts

I have done some research on Guru chandal yog and I've seen some experts who say that the native having this yog especially in 9th bhava (spirituality and religion) can get cheated by a fake Guru? And also by people in general who turn out to be false in the end.

I also saw a YouTube video of KRS where he discusses this yog with some experts and he said the same.

Also, I heard some generic statements about the native having this yog tends to be beautiful and falls ill often as Rahu poisons Guru.

Any truth to this? Any experiences?

Now, a related doubt that I have is that in parashari method degrees are seen isn't it? (Correct me if I'm wrong), planet holding the lowest degree in the conjunction is strongest in the conjunction. But I wonder what about Nadi or KP system and other systems? What is the deciding factor about the strongest planet in the conjunction? Is it always the degrees? Or the house where the conjunction occurs?

Kind regards

Nora

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Guru chandal yog - the deep dark secret?

Post by karthik1984 » 21 Jul 2018

Nora, in my strong opinion, the conjunction of Rahu-Jupiter makes the person a poor judge of the situation or very slow to find a solution to a critical/medium situation. They could be highly educated but very slow in understanding the things and very slow to react. People might be surprised or irritated by the persons foolishness. The person who has this conjunction will have to face insults due to his slowness.

Also , here Rahu afflicts Jupiter. The significations or lordships owned by Jupiter will be harmed. Health issues will be there to Jupiter owned houses. That Jupiter could be the mother, wife etc according to the lagna and Jupiter"s lordship over the houses. I am not saying complete destruction of jupiter owned houses , but there will be harm done.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 21 Jul 2018

Oh...does Rahu not amplify jupitarian qualities? I heard somewhere it explodes the signification of planet it's placed with...so isn't it meant to explode jupiter's already expansive nature?

Someone I know has this conjunction in 9th house (Jupiter's own sign Pisces). In this case the person is highly spiritual but very unorthodox like she knows scriptures etc of other religions not only hers...so kinda out of the box thinking in terms of spirituality and religion

But I don't know whether what you say about the person being foolish is true or not,...I mean it could very well be...dont know enough to judge...

Jupiter and Rahu also causes financial gains ? What do you think ?

Kind regards

Nora

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 21 Jul 2018

Nora, It might give positive results in this conjunction but there will be some harm done was well. Harm could be serious if the conjunction is too close.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 21 Jul 2018

Jupiter 7 degrees
Rahu 21 degrees

So what does it mean?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 01 Aug 2018

Rahu (Retro) traveled only 9° (30° - 21°) in Pisces; and Jupiter traveled 7° in Pisces sign; so, degrees wise both are nearly equal;
So, Rahu has not got excess qualities of Pisces sign than Jupiter. So, do not judge their strength in terms of degrees here.

According to sage Kalidasa - 'when Rahu sits with any yogakarak planet, then, no doubt, Rahu also gives beneficial results'.

When the topic is about determining higher strength between Jupiter and Rahu, or who influences whom, normally, instead of Rahu, I do see the strength of Jupiter, in terms of sign, house, star, significations.

If Jupiter has good strength in a chart, without combustion, not lying in enemy/debilitation sign, then, Jupiter gains more strength and highly influences Rahu.

In her chart, Jupiter, 9th lord is in Pisces. So Jupiter, being a yogakarak planet, is in his own sign, and thus much powerful than Rahu, and highly auspicious.

Final judgment
in this Guru Chandal Yog, Guru(Jupiter)+Rahu (Chandal) Yog (conjunction); GCY or GRY, whatever the name may be, Jupiter is influencing/directing the Chandal (Rahu) in good way. But, it is Not Chandal who is influencing Jupiter.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 02 Aug 2018

astrostar wrote:
01 Aug 2018

When the topic is about determining higher strength between Jupiter and Rahu, or who influences whom, normally, instead of Rahu, I do see the strength of Jupiter, in terms of sign, house, star, significations.

If Jupiter has good strength in a chart, without combustion, not lying in enemy/debilitation sign, then, Jupiter gains more strength and highly influences Rahu.

In her chart, Jupiter, 9th lord is in Pisces. So Jupiter, being a yogakarak planet, is in his own sign, and thus much powerful than Rahu, and highly auspicious.

Final judgment
in this Guru Chandal Yog, Guru(Jupiter)+Rahu (Chandal) Yog (conjunction); GCY or GRY, whatever the name may be, Jupiter is influencing/directing the Chandal (Rahu) in good way. But, it is Not Chandal who is influencing Jupiter.

That's good to know Astrostar. Also I notice that she wears yellow sapphire pendant on her neck chain. I suppose she can wear it since Jupiter is her benefic. What do you think of wearing gemstones on neck as supposed to on fingers. Do both work equally? I mean according to KP are gemstones prescribed to natives? Or is it only in traditional astrology?

what about hessonite? In a website I read that guru chandal yog natives should wear both hessonite and yellow sapphire.

Kind regards

Nora

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 02 Aug 2018

astrostar wrote:
01 Aug 2018
Rahu (Retro) traveled only 9° (30° - 21°) in Pisces; and Jupiter traveled 7° in Pisces sign;
Dear astrostar

In her Navamsa chart, Rahu and Mercury (retrograde) are conjunct in 3rd house (in Sagittarius). Now, according to many astrologers this can mean two things -1. Extremely good communication skills (which is evident in her case) or 2. Rahu-Mercury combination is also seen in people who use their intelligence for misdeeds like theft etc. Like hackers are seen with this combination since Rahu represents technology/internet. Mercury is intelligence.

But obviously in her case it's only acting good. I'd say she is delivering speeches that might be uploaded on the internet in the future. So, Rahu Mercury is also acting good in this way.

What I want to know is who is controlling the conjunction in this case? Rahu or Mercury? They are placed in jupiter's house. Also Mercury is retrograde. So, what happens when Rahu gets along with a retrograde planet when compared to a non-retrograded planet?

Kind regards

Nora

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 04 Aug 2018

Nora wrote:
02 Aug 2018
What do you think of wearing gemstones on neck as supposed to on fingers. Do both work equally?
The significant point is, stone should touch the skin beneath the ring, this works as an additional entry point for the cosmic energy into the human body. Rings on different parts of the body give different kinds of cosmic effects. It implies, the same ring, when worn on different parts of the body, (finger, neck, bracelet, earrings), does not give the same kind of effect.
Nora wrote:
02 Aug 2018
according to KP are gemstones prescribed to natives? Or is it only in traditional astrology?
KP method is a mixture formed by taking only working components from all methods - parasari, nadi, western methods. KP method also gives importance to Gem therapy. In other words, KP method never neglects any kind of perfectly working rules/principles from any method. KP method was invented by Mr. KS Krishna Murthy only and only to enhance accuracy in predictions. There was no evil thought behind this.
Nora wrote:
02 Aug 2018
what about hessonite? In a website I read that guru chandal yog natives should wear both hessonite and yellow sapphire.
If Jupiter is a benefic in birth chart, then,
Yellow Sapphire infuses righteousness, holiness, and truthfulness to the wearers. This gemstone is particularly good for those interested in nobler aspects of life, occult, charity, spiritual motivation, yoga, meditation, religious preaching.

Hessonite - Rahu
This gemstone largely stimulates one's subconscious passions/desires/obsessions and directs toward ambitions and goals. If they are righteous in nature and also give good effects to self/others, then, definitely, this stone becomes a very valuable one to that person. If the passions/desires are evil in nature or give bad effects to self/others, then, this stone is considered as an unfortunate one. Nodes mostly affect one's psychic energy. They can affect or can cast a shadow on conscious mind (Sun), subconscious mind (Moon).

If Rahu signifies beneficial houses, then,
Hessonite removes unnecessary fear, mental webs/nets of confusion; and blesses with clarity, confidence, hope. Bestows one with a strong mind to stick to their goals till the end. It blesses one with all required mental tools sets for effective achievement of materialistic goals; eg. clear thought, cost-benefit analysis, what-if analysis, sound decision-making abilities, pathfinding/selection techniques of life, forecasting, materialistic intuition, etc, etc.

continued in next post....

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 04 Aug 2018

Hi Astrostar

According to KP, any beneficial gemstone should be worn during the specific dasha- bhukti or forever?

Kind regards

Nora

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Nora wrote:
04 Aug 2018
According to KP, any beneficial gemstone should be worn during the specific dasha- bhukti or forever?
According to KP, one can wear a beneficial gemstone of a planet forever, if that planet does not signify maraka, badhaka houses in the natal chart.
maraka houses = 2,7
badhaka houses = 7th for dual signs, 9th for fixed signs, 11th for movable signs

The above same rule is to be applied to wear a stone for a specific dasha, bhukti.

beneficial significations would be separate in KP.
for money/career matters, beneficial significations are 2,6,10,11 houses, without connection to 5,8,12.
for health matters, beneficial are 1,5 houses without connection to 6,8,12, badhaka house.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 04 Aug 2018

Thanks and can you please clarify my doubts on Rahu Mercury conjunction? Is this called budh chandal yog? Please see my msg above.

Kind regards

Nora

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Difference between retro and direct mercury -

Retro Mercury
-----------------
Native gives more importance on intelligence and word/sentence/topic details. Native cannot tolerate criticism and tends to analyze micro details in matters. The native, during the childhood, does not know, when/how to start talking/communication. how/when to stop communication/talking,

Retro Mercury creates a constant fear in natives that they would do something wrong. e.g. during an online chat, they recheck spelling mistakes, before pressing the enter key. When Mercury traveling reverse in the natal chart, person analyzes past situations to make/understand things better in future situations.

They do labor to collect all the required details regarding a topic before starting a conversation or making/typing a document/data-entry. They bother much about errors, happened in past, happening in present, going to happen in future, and, do not like mistakes in conversations, documents, notes, posts etc. Also, if Mercury is connected to 9th, they do not like to give wrong information to others. That's why they do drafting or rough work from all dimensions/angles and then do recheck everything before they are going to start.

This kind of 'go back, and, come again' 'reasoning' appears in humans due to a retro motion of the planet Mercury which is apparent from earth.

Sometimes, these effects would also appear in some persons even though Mercury is not in Retro in the birth chart. Vedic astrology says this kind of things can happen to any person during the Mercury retro transit. What if these effects still appear even when Mercury is Not in Retro during transit?
Here comes KP advanced reasoning method. According to KP, these effects can also appear if
- Mercury is influenced by any other Retro Planet, like, say, if
- - Mercury is in the 'star/sub' of a 'retro planet'
- - a retro planet aspecting Mercury or conjunct with it
- if any other retro planet is a significator of 3/9 houses in the natal chart

[That's why KP method is an advanced reasoning or rationalizing method]

Direct Mercury
-----------------
This implies - those who have Direct Mercury, does not think/bother much about errors; and easily start talking and stop talking; and also, does not bother much about the past, present, future mistakes, errors in notes, documents, communications, etc. Direct Mercury gives the natural ability to go forward without bothering about side effects. e.g. during an online chat, Direct Mercury people quickly press enter as soon as they complete the typing.

Which is best, retro or direct, is not going to be a great topic for debate. Both cases, no doubt, have pros and cons (good/bad) in dealing with situations, events.

My opinion is when Mercury, direct or retro, gets good aspects (including conjunction) from beneficial planets (natural and functional), gives very good effects.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 05 Aug 2018

Hi Astrostar

Thanks a lot for your clear explanation. I know you'll be answering my post on Rahu and Mercury.

After that please also talk a bit about retro of other planets. So, from your above msg I got an idea what retro and straight Mercury stand for...but what if Jupiter or Saturn is retro what do they mean as supposed to them being straight?

In an acquaintance's chart, retro Jupiter and retro Saturn are conjunct in 4th house (Virgo). What does this mean?

Kind regards

Nora

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 06 Aug 2018

3,7,11 houses are kama (desire) trine houses

The desire first starts in 3rd house, develops, travels thru 7th, ends in 11th house, wish fulfillment.
It implies 3rd house shows inclinations, desires, and development of desires.

3rd house also indicates any kind of movement or shift or change. So, a shift from one thought to another thought is also ruled by 3rd house. This process of thought shifting is a part of reasoning process.

By this, the 3rd house is a desire and development house and also rules over perception development,
self-expression development, voice development, mind power development, ability to analyze the objective world, new explorations, new areas, developing new contacts, developing social interactions, juggling many ideas, multi-tasking, ability to reason logically, interest and thinking for self-development, always like to learn new things, and many more.

Rahu in 3rd -
The person does not like to feel the limits/restrictions of the environment/situations/earth. The sky is their limit. They can start any kind of unknown work from scratch and also can make any kind of efforts to get things done. Every moment, a piece of new information comes to mind. This still stimulates interest/curiosity on matters and this suggests to write/utilize it somewhere.

The desires will be many. If connected to beneficial planets like Mercury, then, can have hungriness/desire related to intelligence, information and other significations of Mercury. Native may want to develop unusual intellectual abilities in this life. If connected to Mars, native may want to develop unusual physical abilities like fighting, gymnastics (flying in air) etc. Sagittarius sign points a way to far physical and spiritual horizons. Rahu is in Sagittarius sign, a dual nature sign, a fighting nature, spiritual, learning sign. Rahu with Mercury in Saggi sign as 3rd house, indicates writing abilities, new voice/speech abilities, multiple attitudes, spiritual abilities, a quest for higher knowledge. Mars aspect indicates more physical powers.

Native wants to connect/blend mind (Mercury+Rahu) and body (3rd house) skills and use them. 9th house is for theory. 3rd house is for lab practicals.
Ketu is in Gemini in 9th house (theory). 9th lord is Mercury (Ketu Dispositor), connected to Rahu. Rahu is the present life, is in 3rd (practicals) house. So, native wants to bring vast knowledge and philosophies from previous life and utilize them on lab practicals. This constant process leads to intellectual explorations in different planes/realms. Saggi sign unifies (merges) all philosophies into a single entity.

Shalu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shalu » 06 Aug 2018

[quote=astrostar post_id=266333 time=1533459646 user_id=18924]

Retro Mercury
-----------------
Native gives more importance on intelligence and word/sentence/topic details. Native cannot tolerate criticism and tends to analyze micro details in matters. The native, during the childhood, does not know, when/how to start talking/communication. how/when to stop communication/talking,

Retro Mercury creates a constant fear in natives that they would do something wrong. e.g. during an online chat, they recheck spelling mistakes, before pressing the enter key. When Mercury traveling reverse in the natal chart, person analyzes past situations to make/understand things better in future situations.

They do labor to collect all the required details regarding a topic before starting a conversation or making/typing a document/data-entry. They bother much about errors, happened in past, happening in present, going to happen in future, and, do not like mistakes in conversations, documents, notes, posts etc. Also, if Mercury is connected to 9th, they do not like to give wrong information to others. That's why they do drafting or rough work from all dimensions/angles and then do recheck everything before they are going to start.

This kind of 'go back, and, come again' 'reasoning' appears in humans due to a retro motion of the planet Mercury which is apparent from earth.

Sometimes, these effects would also appear in some persons even though Mercury is not in Retro in the birth chart. Vedic astrology says this kind of things can happen to any person during the Mercury retro transit. What if these effects still appear even when Mercury is Not in Retro during transit?
Here comes KP advanced reasoning method. According to KP, these effects can also appear if

Direct Mercury
-----------------
This implies - those who have Direct Mercury, does not think/bother much about errors; and easily start talking and stop talking; and also, does not bother much about the past, present, future mistakes, errors in notes, documents, communications, etc. Direct Mercury gives the natural ability to go forward without bothering about side effects. e.g. during an online chat, Direct Mercury people quickly press enter as soon as they complete the typing.

Which is best, retro or direct, is not going to be a great topic for debate. Both cases, no doubt, have pros and cons (good/bad) in dealing with situations, events.

My opinion is when Mercury, direct or retro, gets good aspects (including conjunction) from beneficial planets (natural and functional), gives very good effects.

[/quote]

Same in my case sir . My mercury is not retro but in the star of retro jupiter and in any exam i used to cross check 2 times every thing .i think this is due to lack of self confidence .

Shalu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shalu » 06 Aug 2018

[quote=astrostar post_id=266333 time=1533459646 user_id=18924]

Retro Mercury
-----------------

Direct Mercury
-----------------

[/quote]

Same in my case sir . My mercury is not retro but in the star of retro jupiter and in any online exam chat i used to cross check 2 times every thing .i think this is due to lack of self confidence . I even used to reread questions also.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 06 Aug 2018

@Shalu,

yes, correct, Mercury, even if in a retro planet's star/sub gives the same kind of results.
That's why, I do suggest to check not only transit, but also star and sub of planets, and aspects.

Then, one would get/understand the effects easily.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 06 Aug 2018

Wow really interesting Astrostar... thanks :)

As for Mercury retro I feel that it can be helpful to reflect on your own actions and deeds before exploding but of course it's about how much is too much...if it becomes too much then it's called paranoia... so, if it's in an acceptable level probably Mercury retro can be more beneficial than straight...

Ram1973
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ram1973 » 11 Feb 2019

Hello Nora/friends:

Reading through these topics I begin feel happy and also shudder at the same time looking at my past. I am hoping that the kind people in this forum will shed some light on my case:

DOB: 3 Jan 1973
Time: 1.05 am
Place: Chennai
Lagna: Libra
Rasi: Scorpio

Highlights:
Moon, Mars, Venus in Scorpio
Rahu, Jupiter (combust), Sun and Mercury in Sagittarius
Saturn in Taurus
Ketu in Gemini

If I put these details in JHora I see so many yogas....my life has been so much struggle...somehow I have managed to survive. I have been unemployed many times in my life but have worked in 5 countries. Whenever I began to blossom in my career some kind of disturbance back home...fathers death, mothers death....so had to quit my jobs overseas. Recently, since mid last year, things have changed for the better. i have started my own business(planned from 2016, founded in 2018), the results aren't great but good. My business can look after itself now so I decide to go back to IT where I have spent 17 yrs of my life. My wife (Makara rashi and mesha lagna) will look after the business. I feel empty and want to shine in something I had spent a lot of time.....

So people, will I even get a job?

God bless you...
Ram