Sarpa yoga

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Sunari
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Sarpa yoga

Post by Sunari » 25 Dec 2017

I hear a lot about Sarpa yoga. What are the effects of this yog and are there any (simple) remedies? Thx.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sarpa yoga

Post by astrostar » 18 Jan 2018

Sarpa yoga (dosha) means an arrest/impediment/obstruction/blocking in a specific area/field/age of life.
Generally, Rahu, Ketu, 8th house, 8th house lord, combustion, eclipse, etc. intimate/indicate some form of Sarpa yoga.

To find out the blocking area/field, find out the positions, connections of the above in the natal chart.
Remedies work if 1st, 5th, 9th houses are connected to the 11th house in any manner.

To make/perform a remedy, must select a strong planet related to the 5th and 11th house.

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 18 Jan 2018

Namaskar,

Sarpa means snake. This Yoga is formed when only Krura Grahas are in kendras, without Saumya Grahas in any of the kendra. Krura Grahas are: Surya, Mangal and Shani (and also Rahu and Ketu, but only when they are with another Krura in kendra).

Ex chart:
Emperor Nero 15 Dec, 37, 7:42, Anzio, Italy.
Lagna in Dhanus, occupied by Surya and Mangal (and Budha, who is also Krura with these grahas). Shani is in 10th bhava. Not even one Saumya Graha is in a kendra. In the 3rd bhava from AL is Mangal, in Lagna- he killed himself (Lagna) with the help of a follower (Mangal is 5th Lord) with a knife (Mangal). This is not part of Yoga results, but is just a small observation.

You can see what are the results for Sarpa Yoga given in texts, how will be such a person and study the life of Emperor Nero.

Regards,
Marian

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 18 Jan 2018

marian i. wrote:
18 Jan 2018
This Yoga is formed when only Krura Grahas are in kendras, without Saumya Grahas in any of the kendra. Krura Grahas are: Surya, Mangal and Shani (and also Rahu and Ketu, but only when they are with another Krura in kendra).
No such thing. If Mangal sits in any kendra as the lagnesh (i.e. Aries or Scorpio ascendant) , or if exalted in a kendra, it forms Ruchaka yoga - gives a strong and very determined personality to natives. In 10th, Mangal becomes digbali and forms Kuldeepak yoga. where is sarpa yoga in this case? EVEN if Aries/Mesha, where the 4th house is Cancer and Mangal would be debilitated, even then he's a very useful planet in a kendra. Loses his strength somewhat but still will take part in yogas.

Sun if in 1st house for Leo ascendant is marvelous. Lagnesh in own house and strong? what more do you need. He delivers a good and overall strong chart to native. No sarpa dosha or anything like that.

SO, Mr. marian, you need to study a lot more of this subject. Cannot say anything without adding proper qualifiers first, the exceptions in jyotish are lot more than the rules. I hope you understand. NOW, if you're saying that 2 more kroora grahas got into kendras IN ADDITION to lagnesha, that is totally different. If Sun in 1st and Saturn in 7th, yes. there will be issues. But sun confers lagnesh benefits without fail. Similarly, if Mangal alone in kendra with no other malefics, and it happens to be Aries/Scorpio , no sarpa yoga.

Lastly, people with Kaal Sarpa dosha have difficulties in life but rise to spectacular heights when compared to others. Like they say, when in Rome, do like the Romans.. :lol: In kaliyuga, these doshas often bring out the best in people. Kaal sarpa is not to be dreaded, if you make use of it, you will shine like a diamond

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 18 Jan 2018

Namaskar,

Of course, there are exception, but I just want to give the definition of the Sarpa Yoga. And, this Yoga makes one the worst among others, and I gave an example.
Regarding Kala Sarpa Yoga, that so- called Yoga is not mentioned in any shastra, thus there is no difference for a chart if it has or not this so-called Yoga, KalaSarpa Yoga.
Please, give us the sloka and the source for such a Yoga as KalaSarpa Yoga.

If you want a real discussion on this, bring the slokas and some charts.

Regards,
Marian

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 19 Jan 2018

It is not ice age, so we should not discuss slokas and talk about theory etc. Anyway, textbook yogas do not work most of the time. I observe what I see in practical life, and apply common sense rules based on what is possible for a native.

In theory, anything can be promised, anything is possible, and everyone can become a prime minister just because their chart is really good with lots of political yogas. REality is not so is it

Perhaps you used the right term for Kaal Sarpa - yoga and not dosha.