Tapasvi yoga.

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Tapasvi yoga.

Post by GNE » 23 Jun 2015

No problem elipsis.
I actually like your reply saying you stand by what you said and you don't read charts the same way I do.

I respect that much more since it's basically saying what I was going to say next: that in the end, this is just different opinions.

just to me when it comes to people living with different life focuses (like spirituality, family, career and getting ahead, etc...) there is no "Wrong" as it's just their karma and they are reaping it. Like if someone is just born into a luxurious family, or born into a powerful career handed down to them by their parents (I know someone who was basically handed a high position at their parent's company the moment they turned 18)..

Anyway,
I just had to call out that blanket statement of the pointless births. Everyone's heard both our opinions on the matter, I'll leave this thread now to get back on topic of that yoga, while letting other members to form their own opinions on the "lagna lord" subject.

carry on.
:)

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 23 Jun 2015

elipsis wrote:As I said earlier achieving success in what you want - career, marriage, money and passion doesn't need a strong lagna but living by the trikona lords 1, 5 and 9 needs strong lagna, strong will to move ahead. When planets are weak they are wide open for any possibilities, its up to you to choose what you want. Any unprejudiced evaluation mustn't begin with your own chart because your karma blocks you from extracting the truth out of it. First must come the acceptance and then comes the cure, but if you are unwilling to recognize the obvious flaws then how would the remedy work?

There was a student who went to a saint and asked him to teach the yoga of liberation, the saint said 'you don't have the capacity to learn yoga, come back after 200 years'. The student argued with the saint as being unfair, then the saint replied 'strip your self naked and parade the streets'...you see, the student simply couldn't do it because his ego blocks him from obeying the master but after a few more lives he went to the master who taught him yoga and attained liberation. The failure to recognize our own faults is the biggest weakness in our society, we think of ourselves as something special by birth when we are not. We are like a speck of dust in this vastness of space, tomorrow if you and I are wiped away nobody would miss after a few days..if you have that much humility - any remedy in the world would work. So no matter how strong or weak is your chart - there is always a way out and that comes only through acceptance.

Also every chart can be modified the way you want...like if mars is afflicted the remedy is to stay away from the karakas in real life...so staying away from your brothers and donating electrical appliances will alter the effectiveness of a planet. But can you do it? Are you destined to receive it? is a question which is wide open.

Regards
You said that birth is pointless with weak Lagna Lord, but then say every chart can be modified how the native wants. But then you say, are you destined to receive the modification like there is no choice in the matter. What if native does accept, and has the humility and knowledge, to realize that this life is fleeting and momentary? Do they only realise this due to being developed and destined based on their chart or is based on free will. Or both?

If someone does have the free will then who are you to say their birth is pointless? In fact, no birth is pointless at all because we each choose it and are gifted the opportunity for enlightenment during that fleeting span.

tanmish

Post by tanmish » 23 Jun 2015

[quote="GNE"]Like if someone is just born into a luxurious family, or born into a powerful career handed down to them by their parents (I know someone who was basically handed a high position at their parent's company the moment they turned 18)...[/quote]

Reminds me of Paris Hilton.... :mrgreen: Some lucky ones are just "borned" (to quote Mr Khoo) in the right family at the right time LOL

Did you know that the daughter of ORacle Corp CEO Larry Ellison has her own movie-production company?? Daddy Cool being a billionaire can pretty much finance anything... not that there's anything wrong with it. It's called "Annapurna PRoductions" after the Himalayan mountain range.

And of course, he doesn't have a pointless birth but has surely caused LOTS of pointless births :roll: (got it?!!)

TM

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 23 Jun 2015

hiimnotcool wrote: You said that birth is pointless with weak Lagna Lord, but then say every chart can be modified how the native wants. But then you say, are you destined to receive the modification like there is no choice in the matter. What if native does accept, and has the humility and knowledge, to realize that this life is fleeting and momentary? Do they only realise this due to being developed and destined based on their chart or is based on free will. Or both?
If the karma is strong then it won't let you find solutions...Yes, knowing that something is wrong with the chart is crossing the first big hurdle. Most people will never consult a good astrologer to know that there is weakness in the chart. Then comes the acceptance, whether you accept what is wrong with the chart...Kennedy was warned by an astrologer that he was going to be killed in a few days but he ignored her. He could have saved himself but he didn't. So strong karma or prarabdha will never let you find the right people or right remedies or even if you do you'll ignore it, at these times there is nothing that can be done. But when you are on the path to correct yourself that means some blessing or some destiny has enabled you to go in the right direction...but how difficult even to reach this stage.

Regards
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 24 Jun 2015

Last night the chart of Mark David Chapman came to my mind: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Chapman,_Mark_David
Libra rising, and Exalted lagna lord venus in a trine: 5th. wonderful.
yogakaraka saturn exalted in ascendant too.
sure there's other aspects..like from exalted sun,etc... but we weren't talking about whole charts + cancellations / neecha bhanga's here. Just the lagna lords strength itself. And boy does MDChapman have it..
But he's a schizophrenic, Murdering, loser, arrested, suicidal , died early, fat, unrespected, and so on...

and Tanmish: Yeah, I was thinking similar about people born into rich families. Even just to think of any of steven speilberg's 5 kids who were born/borned(ha!) /adopted into his wealth, or Bill Gates kids,etc..

And yeah I know of Ellison's daughter Megan, her company did the movie The Master, and Her, American Hustle, and others more "indie" films. Her brother also produced using his company Skydance productions (did Coen brothers True Grit, Mission impossible ghost protocol , jack reacher and more)
Last edited by GNE on 24 Jun 2015, edited 1 time in total.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 24 Jun 2015

GNE wrote:Last night the chart of Mark David Chapman came to my mind: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Chapman,_Mark_David
Libra rising, and Exalted lagna lord venus in a trine: 5th. wonderful.
Venus exalted in 6th for Libra rising.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 24 Jun 2015

doh, sorry yes I was looking at that tropical chart from the rodden site.

But still, lagna lord exalted. That's the point. It can be in any house, we were talking about exalted vs. debilitated here.
Plus Saturn yogakaraka exalted in ascendant, fortifying that.

Snr

Post by Snr » 27 Jun 2015

Last edited by Snr on 14 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 02 Jul 2015

The people who edited my posts and altered the knowledge for their convenience will rot for eternity.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 03 Jul 2015

elipsis wrote:The people who edited my posts and altered the knowledge for their convenience will rot for eternity.
Rahu's and chayagraha convenience will dent the auspiousness and knowledge and yoga, in the bhava occupied, per convenience of Lord of Administrator/House. Anyway Lord of Post offered apology.. matured. .astrology by owner of post kept the sanctity

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 05 Jul 2015

What the hell? other people can edit other people's posts now?
Thought only the person who posts can "edit post".
Damn...

Snr

Post by Snr » 16 Jul 2015

GNE Ji,

Only moderators/admin's can edit posts(In case it is offensive).No one else can do that.Dont worry.Regards.

sundar
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by sundar » 29 Apr 2017

One of the best discussions for bridging Astrology with Vedanta. Thank you all especially elipsis Ji

Radhe

Post by Radhe » 12 Apr 2019

Where is the shastric reference of tapaswi yoga?