Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor
Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

Post by chaitu124 » 24 Feb 2014

I know about raj yogas and other yogas but if any person have these yogas will surely give results? Or it will only give results at the time of its friendly planet mahadashas? supposte that moon is one of the planet which created rajyoga in the chart and if the mahadashas of the future of the native is moons enemies so at that time rajayogas works?

Did you saw any chart where the people have lot of yogas but not getting the right job/money ?

lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

Post by lightlamp » 24 Feb 2014

Hello chaitu,

Just have a look at this chart 16th oct 1954 .. tob 05:59 hrs, Bangalore. I know this person. He is an ordinary
person going for a simple job, education is less than plus 2 ( those days SSLC ). He has moon, jupiter, saturn and mars
exalted.

Lightalamp
when ANGER SPROUTS, wisdom shrinks...( Mars EXALTS where Jupiter DEBILITATES ) !

chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chaitu124 » 26 Feb 2014

lightlamp wrote:Hello chaitu,

Just have a look at this chart 16th oct 1954 .. tob 05:59 hrs, Bangalore. I know this person. He is an ordinary
person going for a simple job, education is less than plus 2 ( those days SSLC ). He has moon, jupiter, saturn and mars
exalted.

Lightalamp

sorry but i am not an astrologer :) But i know few basics so i asked the question...

chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chaitu124 » 26 Feb 2014

exalted.

Lightalamp

sorry but i am not an astrologer :) But i know few basics so i asked the question...

lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lightlamp » 27 Feb 2014

Hello chaitu

no need to feel sorry. Why dont you post the birth detail of the person and straight away put the question?
When it is difficult to analyse a chart even with full details, how do you expect jothishas to answer such questions ?
Now you can feel sorry.

Lightalamp
when ANGER SPROUTS, wisdom shrinks...( Mars EXALTS where Jupiter DEBILITATES ) !

chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chaitu124 » 27 Feb 2014

well i am talking about me only..as per vedic astrologers i have some good yogas..But until now no job/ no work/ no offers ..So i am becoming lazy..I wanted to be in films but not doing anything and wasting time to be honest...I am becoming lazy too as i mentioned..so thats why i got doubt about whether there must be any thing that need to trigger raja yogas or it will dfinitly show results? You can see my posts here for time and chart

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 54#p119754

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 01 Mar 2014

[quote="lightlamp"]Hello chaitu,

exalted.

Lightalamp[/quote]

Good example of why we should not give too much weight on exaltation sightings! Please note that none of the exalted planets (saturn, mars, jupiter, moon are in the kendras, though mars and moon are in trines (though one may argue that in chalita, mars and jupiter move into kendra bhavas, albeit with rahu-ketu axis and gulika (in 10th), so not unsullied even then. Leaving aside moon, the other three are not in kendras from moon either. Mars is in trine though and so may have some potential for good (despite its lordship over 8th), but mars dasha was running for first few years of birth and not again till 2074. Looking very superficially, the person might have a good personality and despite his poor educational achievements might be pleasant and even interesting to talk with and possibly has a supportive wife, family and friends in general, etc. Is this so, in your knowledge?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 01 Mar 2014

[quote="chaitu124"]well i am talking about me only..as per vedic astrologers i have some good yogas..But until now no job/ no work/ no offers ..So i am becoming lazy..I wanted to be in films but not doing anything and wasting time to be honest...I am becoming lazy too as i mentioned..so thats why i got doubt about whether there must be any thing that need to trigger raja yogas or it will dfinitly show results? You can see my posts here for time and chart

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 54#p119754[/quote]

Chaitu ji,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. These real-life experiences are what are very valuable, at times even more than the encyclopedias of yogas as well as fear-invoking arishtas and so many techniques that are simply-stated mind-boggling!

At first, my deepest sympathies to you for having had to choose a difficult and what to you seems an unrewarding life which was once fuelled by ambitions, desires for success etc. You also included that for some reason you have or are losing your drive for attaining success and fame.

First good thing in your favour is that you are very young and do not aspire for a career in films that is more youth-inclined, namely actors, or in the fashion world models etc. So one important thing in your favour!

For yogas etc (promissory notes) to yield their promises or potentials (cashing the promissory notes) some effort and strength of kendras, trines, other personal indicators must be looked at. In your chart, there are two 'downers' if you wish to call those as such.

Lagnesh is in debility and retrograde. At the same time it is not exactly weak in shadbala and thus will inject hopefulness from time to time, but of an unrealistic type. It does get some cancellation but not adequate and its dasa does not come until too late (you will be 75 by then!). Some might say that since it is retrograde that itself would be adequate to hoist its strength. But it does have a positive message! If you try to seek some 'failed' or 'canned' projects or half-started projects (your or of others), you might find success in those. Since you are presumably 'in-the-loop' already, you might be able to hear more about such projects. Please give those a try and please do research a bit first and not pick up the first such project and get overconfident of your success!

Second problem is that your saturn is in the 12th (by the ayanamsha I use) and I have noticed some problems with such placements. The individuals get easily complacent and stop trying hard and not to put too unkindly, can get lazy and lack initiative or sustained motivation! In any field today, and particularly the shadow and light business -- a huge big deterrant. Additionally your saturn is losing in strength (composite) and aspecting lagnesh so not as helpful. It will also create some negativity in your home life. For such situations, I have observed some good benefits if the nativity observes a rigorous fasting on saturdays, if health permits. Preferably one small and simple meal, in your case before saturday sunset and the meal constituting of raw (salad) or steamed green leafy vegetables (avoid potatoes and carrots, beets, radishes) without any spices, sauces, dressings, salt. Drink water (not juices, sugary drinks or tea or coffee) on that day and no sweets, intoxicating substances or nicotine containing products (tobacco, smoking). And no oils or fatty substances, on the side! Essentially, a grain-free, fruitfree, austere fare. A bit difficult it may sound and you can gradually approach that by reducing your normal meals in amounts and frequency of eating over a few saturdays to wean yourself into the fast which you would continue for some years!

Whatever mantra or pooja etc you have been advised by others, please continue if you wish, particularly if already started. Praying to God in any shape or form is good for one's soul and mental peace and always desirable.

Much will depend on your personal effort and sincerity. If so inclined and possible, performing volunteer service on thursdays would be helpful too.

The above will not magically turn your life around, so do not relax too much and keep investing time and effort through hard work done intelligently and with dedication if you can muster a will to do so!

Current period until 2016 and then till 2019 could bring some positive movements but only if you perform seriously and sincerely, as advised.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lightlamp » 01 Mar 2014

Hello Rohiniranjan,

He is a bit of loose mouthed with no serious intentions. He would switch over sides easily. He would help all
in booking railway tickets. He drinks a lot. He has BP. You can see his hands trembling. He can walk
and walk and walk. Other than this he has no talents at all. He is doing a typing job, in a news agency
with a good salary ( Rs.30,000). He does not know the difference between 'send' and 'sent'.

He has one son. Family life is normal

I just wanted Chaitu to know that superficial analysis wont work. The inherent strength matters most.

regards,

Lightalamp

chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chaitu124 » 02 Mar 2014

Second problem is that your saturn is in the 12th (by the ayanamsha I use)

sir thank you but my saturn is in 11 th house with kethu and not in 12 th...Can you tell me whuch ayanamsha you used? I used K.p ,lahari,raman but all show saturn in 11 th house which is exalated and formed NBRY ..can you tell me which ayanamsha you used?

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 02 Mar 2014

[quote="lightlamp"]Hello Rohiniranjan,

He is a bit of loose mouthed with no serious intentions. He would switch over sides easily. He would help all
in booking railway tickets. He drinks a lot. He has BP. You can see his hands trembling. He can walk
and walk and walk. Other than this he has no talents at all. He is doing a typing job, in a news agency
with a good salary ( Rs.30,000). He does not know the difference between 'send' and 'sent'.

He has one son. Family life is normal

I just wanted Chaitu to know that superficial analysis wont work. The inherent strength matters most.

regards,

Lightalamp[/quote]

Lightlamp ji,

Thanks for feedback! Sadly some lives are like that Lightlamp ji, and since we astrologers are destined to get so deeply aware of nativities, we sometimes begin to pity a few of those. They were perhaps brought to us to appreciate that no life is truly wasted and since I firmly believe in each lifetime not so much as a portal for reward or punishment, but each one being an opportunity for the soul to gain different kinds of earthly experiences, sometimes as high, sometimes as low, sometimes as nativity other times as astrologer and the beat keeps on and on...! :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

feerth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by feerth » 07 Mar 2014

hey guys sorry to interfere in this topic, does raaj yoga or especially dhana yoga means anything in dasamsa ?

I have 2 dhana yoga in D10 Dasamsa :
2nd lord in 11th (sun)
1st lord in 5th (Moon)

I have also 2 Raaj Yoga formed in D10

Yogakaraka Mars, lord of 5th and 10th in the 10th house, raaj yoga by itself, conjunct with Mercury. ( Mars Exalted in D1 being also the Yoga karaka)
Raaj yoga formed in 3rd house in Virgo sign they are Saturn(8 and 7th Lord) and Jupiter(9th and 6th Lord) .

in both d1 and d10 its cancer lagna.

well does this really mean anything ?

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 07 Mar 2014

exalted.

Lightalamp
Dear Lightalamp,

Thanks for the example chart. 1954 seems to be a special year with two heavy weights, Saturn and Jupiter, exalted. Some say that too many exalted planets pull person in different directions and will give nothing as a result. This seems to be a good example here. Interestingly, 1955 has a lot of famous people born while 1954 with two exalted planets throughout the year didn't produce many.

Does this person has a conviction that what he does is always right? I have a feeling that people always help him. He might never had to really want for anything throughout his life. Even in worst conditions, there is somebody to help him out of their own kindness.
I also think he might have been somebody with some wealth/good will that is eaten/stolen by others unfairly.

I feel the following mapping for what you said:
Saturn+Mercury in 2 - too much talk
- did he have strong stage-fear while young?
Venus in 3 - typist job using hands
Strong 12th lord and strong Mars influence on 12th - stamina for walking.
Exalted vargottama Mars in 5th -- Mars-influenced son, aggressive

Jupiter under influence of two strong malefics and between Gulika and Mandi -- this is reason I think something is lost by him that he started out strong.

Your feedback is much appreciated for further learning.
Best regards,
Violet

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 07 Mar 2014

[quote="chaitu124"][quote]Second problem is that your saturn is in the 12th (by the ayanamsha I use) [/quote]

sir thank you but my saturn is in 11 th house with kethu and not in 12 th...Can you tell me whuch ayanamsha you used? I used K.p ,lahari,raman but all show saturn in 11 th house which is exalated and formed NBRY ..can you tell me which ayanamsha you used?[/quote]

Sorry Chaitu, if I missed responding to this post of yours. Due to many simultaneous discussions, and I eventually figured out that LOVA does not automatically sends thread-followup reminders, unless each posting is manually ticked (notification box) and disapproved postings notices (emails) not giving information about the contents rejected (just the header which is not at all informative, unless one keeps a log of each sharing posted (too much work! :-)) -- I cannot be sure if I did or did not!

I use an ayanamsha fine-tuned for my work and it is about 29 minutes away from Raman and towards Lahiri (so Lahiri value minus about 58 minutes or Raman value plus 29). I do not know how you are calculating your houses etc, but this is what I get based on the data you gave me for your birth:

Lagna = Dhanu 9d 3m
Shani = Vrischik 00d 36m

Whether we use whole sign, equal house or sripati unequal houses, Saturn falls in the 12th house.
If you are using placidus houses as KP uses and cusp as the beginning, that might give Saturn into 11th house and presumably you might be doing that.

Good Luck!

Rohiniranjan

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 07 Mar 2014

exalted.

Lightalamp

I got interested in this chart on reading that he has a lot of exalted planets. Looking at his chart, I felt that he should not have financial problems at least, with both financial houses exalted, with extra strength from Mercury in 2nd house. Further, exalted Jupiter ensures a happy marriage. Exalted Mars makes him energetic.

Reading further the comments, I read that despite being a typist and not much educated, he is getting a good salary, has a good family life and has quite a lot of energy to walk.

So all the above points get validated.

Now, the question is why is he only a typist and not someone in a high profile career?

Well, look at his 4-10 axis and especially 10th house of career.

Rahu-Ketu are malefic in 4-10 (some say debilitated in Sagittarius-Gemini).

With Ketu debilitated in 10th (also malefic), his rise to greatness has been severely affected. His exalted planets have ensured him wealth, good family life and physical energy, but a great rise in career is imposible with a severely afflicted 10th house.

Through most of his youth he has also gone through his malefic Rahu Mahadasha. Had he gone through the Mahadasha of one of his exalted planets, he would have risen in career, but a wrong Mahadasha at the prime of his life has fulfilled the promise of his 4-10 axis, especially of his 10th house.

His life as described above fits his chart perfectly - he has all materialistic comforts, but afflicted 4-10 axis has taken away from him the glory that could have belonged to him.

I think if despite having a low education he is earning good money and has a good family life, it is only because he is blessed with so many exalted planets and a strong Lagna, in a world where so many highly qualified people are suffering without a job and without a happy family life.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 07 Mar 2014

[quote="Saindhavi"][color=#4000BF][quote="lightlamp"]Hello chaitu,

exalted.

Lightalamp[/quote]

I got interested in this chart on reading that he has a lot of exalted planets. Looking at his chart, I felt that he should not have financial problems at least, with both financial houses exalted, with extra strength from Mercury in 2nd house. Further, exalted Jupiter ensures a happy marriage. Exalted Mars makes him energetic.

Reading further the comments, I read that despite being a typist and not much educated, he is getting a good salary, has a good family life and has quite a lot of energy to walk.

So all the above points get validated.

Now, the question is why is he only a typist and not someone in a high profile career?

Well, look at his 4-10 axis and especially 10th house of career.

Rahu-Ketu are malefic in 4-10 (some say debilitated in Sagittarius-Gemini).

With Ketu debilitated in 10th (also malefic), his rise to greatness has been severely affected. His exalted planets have ensured him wealth, good family life and physical energy, but a great rise in career is imposible with a severely afflicted 10th house.

Through most of his youth he has also gone through his malefic Rahu Mahadasha. Had he gone through the Mahadasha of one of his exalted planets, he would have risen in career, but a wrong Mahadasha at the prime of his life has fulfilled the promise of his 4-10 axis, especially of his 10th house.

His life as described above fits his chart perfectly - he has all materialistic comforts, but afflicted 4-10 axis has taken away from him the glory that could have belonged to him.

I think if despite having a low education he is earning good money and has a good family life, it is only because he is blessed with so many exalted planets and a strong Lagna, in a world where so many highly qualified people are suffering without a job and without a happy family life. [/color][/quote]

Excellent, Saindhavi ji! I think you got it, right on the dot!

I have run into a few 1954-born individuals too in my life, three of whom -- one born in May, another in July and a third one in November who all three are great women and had really blazing careers and all three such unique or at least difficult challenges and parikshas in life, but rose very high in their work-, home- lives and socially too!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 08 Mar 2014

Dear Rohiniranjan , Saindhavi,

For the given example, both of you had comments regarding
1. non-Kendra location of exalted planets
2. operational dasa in youth.

With Moon exaltation, there seems to be no other way but to have Moon, Mars Vimshottari early in life. That leaves Jupiter, Saturn to be middle age, at least, and they should something internally if not externally (e.g., very good personal life in terms of wisdom, spirituality, wealth accumulation etc).

So, I am wondering if you may have more comments on following examples:

Denzel Washington: 28 December 1954 at 00:09 (= 12:09 AM )
Place: Mount Vernon (Westchester County), New York, 40n55, 73w50
Source: Astrodatabank, Rodden rating: AA

Martin Frankel: 21 November 1954 at 20:46 (= 8:46 PM )
Place: Toledo, Ohio, 41n40, 83w33
Source: Astrodatabank, Rodden rating: AA
This person is infamous even if the outcomes are eventually negative. But there is something "not ordinary" with 3 exaltations. http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Frankel,_Martin

Dec 16, 1954, 4:39 am, Nellore, India, female.
Survived small pox -1960, B.Sc finished with difficulty, two daughters, lost father and widowed-1993, lives on pension.

What differentiates these charts, in your opinion, when one is famous, one is infamous and other two are average Indian lives?

Thanks for your insights,
Best regards,
Violet

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 09 Mar 2014

Rohiniranjan ji,

I am very impressed by your posts. Please share your views on the chart whose birth details I am sharing: 17th October 1979, 16:57, Delhi. The chart is very interesting.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

samjaff

Post by samjaff » 09 Mar 2014

Hi Saidhavi ji

Below is the birth details of JFK.
May 29,1917 3:00 pm. brookline

he has same rahu-ketu in 4-10 axis, sagittarius-gemini similar to so many exalted planets charts given by lightlamp and his 10th lord in 8th house (aries),yet he became president of USA. how is that possible?

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 09 Mar 2014

Hi Violet,

First of all, thanks for giving me an opportunity to study these three (you said 4, but I could only see three data) interesting charts, and finding me to be deserving of sharing my views here.

The problem that arises in such situations is that we know that one is famous, another is infamous and the third one is far away from limelight and a private citizen of modest means and achievements, relatively speaking. Astrology being an interpretive discipline, all kinds of biases do enter in the picture.

I first tend to look at the kendras which in a sense form the prominent stage of actions and activities. Trikonas and trikas form the key karmic feeds from past and nudge, or sometimes push us in certain directions. As do the retrogrades, in that sense. Lagna, tenth and seventh form the pillars of public-fame (lime-light for good or bad).

Martin, in standard terms and superficially would seem to have the strongest chart with three combinations of greatness, although the icon of fairness and justice is placed in sandhi lagna (02 min). This makes it ayanamsha or birthtime sensitive. Ten seconds earlier and he would have mithun lagna. The picture fits a self-destructive individual with questionable contact with conscience who met his destiny in that infamous Saturn-venus. Without accurate birthtime, the often telling horoscope for the dasa-bhukti cannot be reliably determined, but would have saturn in debility with jupiter and venus with rahu (which is in the obstructive house natally) and moon with ketu across (ketu is in lagna with gulika natally). Ominous factors coalesce, in other words. In transit it is interesting that aries happens to be the pada of 8th house which deals with insurance, devious pursuits, incarceration and also occultism. Police, as you know from ADB found many astrological charts during the raid of his home and his horary question had been, "will I go to prison?" I suppose, he had this awareness of his wrong-doings and the consequences. Interesting, from many aspects -- including astrological...!

In Mr. Washington's chart the kendras are definitely well-fortified. His mercury-sun in the 4th is formed by a not so strong sun, strong mercury who is lord of 1 and 10 and rahu, all three within a tight orb, particularly sun and rahu. Without mincing words, though an american, he was entering an industry which was alien in many senses, but the industry is where rahu excels or has karakatwa. Notable also is the fact that rahu wins over saturn in this case for the rulership of aquarius. His life had never been devoid of struggles and hard work until Ju-ke and beyond when Malcolm X was released and Dr. Chandler 'arrived', finally! Ketu is well placed in the 10th and there is an interesting connection between the 6th and 10th. Though his enemies were not individuals but the societal systems followed by Hollywood which is creative and progressive in many ways, but pretty conservative in other ways. Coming from a broken home (parents divorced just prior to him turning into a teenager) his has been known as one of the most stable marriage without the usual Hollywood tabloid-dramas and rumours that brighten the eyes of many bored and ordinary folks while they are standing in grocery check-out lines!

The Nellore-born lady has scorpio rising. Jupiter is deemed to be a benefic for this lagna and is placed in the 9th house in retrogression. The house also hold the pada of the 12th house. I hope she has, despite her troubled seemingly ordinary life found solace in devotion to religion and faith? Does she have an affliction in the lower limbs that has affected her walking? Possibly diabetes or some metabolic disorders as well (thyroid etc)? Unlike the celebrity chart, this one has sun afflicted by rahu which has lost its rulership of aquarius and is further rendered malefic due to the aspect by saturn from the 12th house. Did she experience some uplifting events during may 2006-nov 2007 and nov. 1990 to august 1993 periods?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 09 Mar 2014

I don't think this is JFK's chart. Leo Lagna seems to work better for him.

Check the authenticity of his time of birth.

Rohiniranjanji,

Thanks!
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

[quote="basab14"]Rohiniranjan ji,

I am very impressed by your posts. Please share your views on the chart whose birth details I am sharing: 17th October 1979, 16:57, Delhi. The chart is very interesting.[/quote]

Thanks Basab-bhai for your generosity and for seeing something of value in an ordinary man's ordinary sharings.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

samjaff

Post by samjaff » 09 Mar 2014

Hi saindhavi ji,

The birth time of JFK is correct (3:00pm).He has virgo lagna in birth chart.It was even confirmed in one of articles in LOVA while discussing FDR chart.

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/vedic- ... dr-s-chart

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 09 Mar 2014

I seriously don't think so.

Leo Lagna should be the right Lagna for JFK. Do a little more research on his birth time.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

[quote="basab14"]... 17th October 1979, 16:57, Delhi...[/quote]

Dear Basab-bhai,

A few things that seemed striking about the nativity. Hopefully I am reading the signs correctly:

This individual has rather unique (hence different from the norm, whatever that four-letter term means!) and is somewhat ambivalent about his acceptance of traditional perspectives and perhaps sometimes strikes as sceptical. Broods a lot and does not look to be very happy or contented.

Even more ambivalent about marriage-related matters and sector in life. This is showing up in different ways. And secondarily the usually normal urge and motivation to raise his (assuming the nativity is male) family.

Has had problems with parents (more so with mother) and a general sense of dissatisfaction or something similar including absence, in life.

Has potential for significant health issues in life that could affect ability to work, etc.

RR