Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

Post by lightlamp » 20 Apr 2014

Hello saindhavi,

For a libra lagna, if mars is in virgo, do you say the person will not divorce because of mars but due to other grahas ?
Or do you mean to say, if at all divorce happens for such a person, then it cant be in the dasa or antar of mars but in other periods ?

For any lagna, should mangalya dosha be condidered as functional only if the divorce happens in the periods of mars
( assuming that mars is so positioned to cause dosha as per the normal rules for such dosha )?

The second part is of-course is an off shoot of my thoughts from the first part.

Lightalamp

when ANGER SPROUTS, wisdom shrinks...( Mars EXALTS where Jupiter DEBILITATES ) !

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 20 Apr 2014

One wonders more why one wonders when manglik dosha in respect to a particular ascendant is being discussed, all the factors in respect to marriage in astrology should also be discussed at the same time. I hope when someone is discussing only manglik dosha, it wouldn’t be assumed that the other factors in respect to marriage are not considered by the person when analysing a chart.

Let me add to what has been said, that manglik dosha should be considered from Moon other than from the ascendant, that manglik dosha is considered from Venus also. And yes, navamsha, and karaka of marriage in jamini, darakaraka, are also considered. Even those who have just started with astrology know that. No one here needs to be enlightened on that.

A discussion happens many a times on just one specific point in a subject and to not understand that basic thing is a wonder of wonders as per me.

Basab
Last edited by Orange-Man on 23 Apr 2014, edited 3 times in total.
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

The chart, whose details you have given, that person has had no problem in career and married life in spite of a difficult transit and a not so good dasha. It reminded me of another chart, which I had seen. Here are the birth details of the chart: 31st August 1978 19:54, Calcutta.

In the chart if you see, the dasha is very bad, that of Venus in the 8th house aspected by Saturn, but still the person is doing very well in career, marriage and has a good life overall. Coming to his marriage see his 7th house, which has Mars and Rahu and still it has not given him any problem in married life.

He has Sun-Saturn, too, in 6th house like in your chart, but it has not given any problem to him. He told me his Venus-Saturn period has been very good, but Venus-Jupiter period has been very average when we can see clearly it is his Jupiter and not Saturn which is good in the chart.

He had some health issues, though, in his Venus MD, that I know of, but it has not in anyway affected his life.

Basab
Last edited by Orange-Man on 20 Apr 2014, edited 2 times in total.
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

lightlamp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lightlamp » 20 Apr 2014

Hello

Wonders are on the rise !

I just wonder, why one should get .............. when some one thinks aloud ? I wonder if this thread is
owned by an individual. Is there any condition that some one should seek permission to post here ?
I really wonder.

Lightalamp
when ANGER SPROUTS, wisdom shrinks...( Mars EXALTS where Jupiter DEBILITATES ) !

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I wonder why someone should wonder when another person is wondering about something someone has wondered about. As said very nicely by that someone, everyone has the right to express their thoughts. I expressed mine like the other person did his.

Basab

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 21 Apr 2014

Basab,

In the chart you have provided, yes his Saturn is more combust than my Saturn in 6th. Yet he has not faced any problems.

His exalted Jupiter is in 5th with moon - perhaps this provides an overall protective ring to his chart, just like the Leo Lagna chart, where Sagittarius Jupiter is in 5th, aspecting 9th and the Lagna in friendly or own signs.

His Rahu is with Mars, but it is benefic in Virgo for him, just as a 6th Rahu in the Leo chart is benefic. Here, the Virgo Rahu is stronger than Mars.

Perhaps a benefic Rahu also changes the overall game of equations in a chart.

Perhaps this overrides the negative combinations in the chart.

In both charts, the Lagna is strong - there is no negative influence on the Lagna, which is the foundation of a chart.

We have to see more charts to see if this hypothesis holds true - that if Jupiter is in a friendly or own sign in 5th and if Rahu is in friendly sign or in 6th house, do these 2 characteristics alone override all other negative influences in a chart?

Conversely, if Rahu is malefic, does it override all other benefic influences in the chart, sometimes even a benefic Jupiter?

We have to study more charts to understand this.

Or perhaps as I said, these are truly blessed people.

PS - About the Mangalik Dosha hypothesis I suggested - If a break in marriage, separation or a non-functional marriage happens and the native has the Libra Lagna with Mars in one of the classical "Mangalik" positions, I would suggest that Mars is not the reason for it - there is always another planet responsible for it either in the Ascendant chart or in the Mahadasha combination.

If Mars is in a classical "Mangalik" position in a non-Libra Lagna chart, the effect of Mangalik Dosha can show at any time in life, since the Ascendant chart continues to influence the native throughout life.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 21 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

When he showed me his chart, I asked him about his Venus MD as Venus is in the 8th house aspected by Saturn, and it is a malefic for his ascendant. He said it has been good for him. He had some health issues, but he has not been much affected by it, I guess, as he told me about it in a very casual way, but the issues were not trivial, as far as I know. Maybe, Mars aspecting his ascendant has made him a strong person. He is a cricket player and got his job on sports quota in a government office (customs) very early in life. In fact, he got that job when he was in college.

His career has been smooth so far, in spite of his running a malefic dasha, and he got married also early, and his married life has been quite smooth, though Mars-Rahu is in the 7th house. Manglik dosha has not done any problem in his married life.

When I asked if his Venus-Jupiter period was good or not, he said it was very average, and I was quite surprised as Jupiter is his 10th lord well placed in the 5th house forming Gajakesari yoga with the 5th lord, Moon. His Venus-Saturn period he said had gone well, though Saturn, being placed in the 6th house and being with the Sun, the period shouldn’t have been good for him, I feel.

The points you have made are very interesting. I feel a strong Jupiter and a strong ascendant do protect a chart from evil combinations in it. It is true, I think. I am not sure if I can say the same about Rahu as Rahu is by nature a malefic planet, and it being strong, can do a person good, but protecting the overall chart, I am not sure if it can do. Same way, a bad Rahu I don’t think can influence a chart overall, though a bad Rahu dasha can make serious damage for the person, which of course, any bad dasha can do.

I have a feeling that it depends to a large extent on the dashas that a person gets. Even if a chart is good, if a person is unlucky to get bad dashas, then he won’t achieve much in life in spite of a good chart.

And, of course, it can be that for some people their charts don’t have much effect as you said. That is another possibility, though I wonder why God will be partial to some. I feel it is that like in mathematics some sums are easy and some are very difficult to solve, same is the case with astrology, i.e. some charts are easy to understand, while others, will always keep us puzzled.

Basab
Last edited by Orange-Man on 22 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 22 Apr 2014

Basab,

It is indeed intriguing that his Jupiter Antardasha should go average, while his Venus-Saturn should go very well. There is really no explanation for it.

Venus-Saturn are friends, but many people have reported problems in the Mahadasha combinations of these 2 planets. This is because Venus is an expansive planet of luxuries, while Saturn is an ascetic planet of constraint. And his Saturn and Venus in 6-8 houses, with Venus empowering 8th house and aspected by Saturn should not go that well.

You are right about Mahadasha making a significant difference to people's lives.

The point about a benefic Rahu is that it will not create enemies in the first place, hence the person will not have to struggle much.

See the following chart -

This girl migrated with her parents to the US when she was in high school. When she was in college between 2000-2004, she met an American boy with whom she developed closeness. School and college were in an average place in the US. But she went to do Masters in a prestigious university in the US between August 2004-May 2005. After Masters, during Venus-Mars-Rahu she broke up with her American boyfriend and had an arranged marriage (she broke up with the boyfriend, not he. Incidentally, he was running the Mahadasha of a malefic Rahu).

In Venus-Rahu-Mercury she got her first job. In Venus-Jupiter-Rahu she got her promotion. In Venus-Saturn-Mercury she changed job to a higher position in another organisation. She is a social development worker. These were the years of economic problems in the US when many people lost their jobs. But she rose in this period.

In her chart, Rahu is the best planet - exalted in 9th house, further empowered by Saturn's aspect. Lagna Lord Venus is in 11th, but conjunction with Sun in Leo is not very good for Venus. And she has been running the Venus Mahadasha all this while. Sun is well-placed in its own house giving her wealth. Jupiter is not very comfortable in Libra Lagna, but its aspect on 7th house is good. Mars is in Lagna, in a classical "Mangalik" position. 10th Lord Moon is in 6th, aspected by a powerful 12th Saturn. Saturn although Yogakaraka, is not well-placed in 12th and has a malefic aspect on 2nd house of family and wealth.

So, overall, it seems she has risen because of a very benefic Rahu. Her 12th Saturn's aspect on 10th Lord Moon (technically Vish Yoga) has not affected her, nor has Saturn's aspect on 2nd house affected. I would read this Mars as "not Mangalik" and Jupiter has helped in her marriage. Mars in Lagna has not affected her negatively. Rahu also made her very strategic in breaking up a romantic relationship and going for an arranged marriage when a good arranged marriage proposal came for her - many people in her place would not do this.

Saturn-Mercury in 12th have given her residence, education and job abroad. But a powerful 12th house has not adversely affected her. 10th Lord in 6th aspected by Saturn has also not given her problems. Perhaps she has gone into social work because of this combination. And yes, she doesn't have Rahu's association with 2nd, 4th or 7th houses, so she couldn't have married a foreigner. It is a benefic Rahu and financially gainful Sun, helped by Jupiter and Mars in marriage that have made this woman's life trouble-free.
Last edited by Saindhavi on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 23 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

I found it very surprising, too, that his Jupiter AD turned out to be average. In fact I asked him a second time thinking maybe he was not being able to recollect correctly, but he said the same thing again, and having a little knowledge in astrology himself, he said that he knows his Jupiter is very good, and it is quite surprising that it didn’t do him any good in its period.

About his Saturn AD, too, I asked him a second time, but he said it was very good. The interesting thing is he said he was taking interest in office politics, i.e., connecting himself to the office union, which I guess Saturn-Sun connection in his chart shows.

Venus-Saturn periods are said to be very enigmatic, and they can go either way. The logic you have given is correct, but again, I have seen 2-3 people going through a period with that dasha antardasha combination doing quite good. In my case it was difficult, though.

The good thing about Rahu, I feel, is it can give a person sudden success and that too big success, which other planets, I guess, can’t give. Rahu just makes one zoom up from the bottom. About enemies, Rahu in 6th house giving enemies I have seen, but not sure about its giving enemies in other houses. But yes, a bad Rahu can give restlessness and frustration, which can be a pain for sure.

Coming to the chart of the girl, her settling abroad is showing in the chart as her 4th lord, Saturn, is in the 12th house with 12th lord, Mercury. She may have gone abroad in Ketu-Saturn or Ketu-Mercury period, Saturn and Mercury being in the 12th house of foreign country.

She fell in love with an American guy in the Venus-Venus period. Venus is the planet of love and is aspecting the 5th house of love in the chart. Venus is in the nakshatra of Ketu, showing the boy was from a foreign country.

Jupiter is aspecting the 5th house of education and Mercury exalted is with 5th lord of education. Venus lagna lord is aspecting 5th house of education and so is Sun, the 11th lord. So overall she should have had good education. 5th lord in 12th house can mean foreign education.

Mars is with 6th lord, Jupiter, so Mars AD making her break her relation makes sense.

Rahu works like its dispositor. Rahu’s dispositor Mercury is in mutual aspect with 10th lord, Moon, showing the reason she got a job in the Rahu AD. Same logic for Mercury PD in which she got the job. Moon is in the nakshatra of Mercury.

Venus-Saturn-Mercury showing change in job makes sense as 12th house is the house which is seen for change in jobs, and Saturn and Mercury in the 12th house is making a few raja yogas with 10th lord Moon, so this period gave her rise in career.

Coming to what I feel about the chart giving success, I will not say it is Rahu, which gave her success, even though Rahu is well placed in the chart. Rahu in fact, I will say, is to some extent afflicted being aspected by Saturn.
Jupiter in the ascendant is considered to be a blessing, and it can wipe out many evil indications in a chart all alone. Even though it is a functional malefic for this chart, Jupiter is a natural benefic, which should never be forgotten. Jupiter here is with his very good friend, Mars.

2nd lord Mars in the ascendant is a good wealth yoga. Now, see how lagna lord Venus is placed in the 11th house with 11th lord Sun. That is a very good wealth yoga in the chart, so these two wealth combinations shows good wealth and prosperity for her. Venus is not damaged with Sun as they both are very far apart.

Now see, 10th lord is in mutual aspect with 9th lord, Mercury in the 6-12 axis in the chart, making one of the best raja yogas, showing very good success for her in career in a foreign land. Saturn in conjunction with Mercury in the 12th house is a rare raja yoga that forms between two trikona lords (5th and 9th lords), and it happens in the 12th house of foreign land, again showing the success she is getting in foreign land. Saturn-Mercury-Moon have made 4 very good raja yogas—9-10, 4-9, 5-9, 5-10, which makes the chart very powerful.

The reason I feel she has had a traditional marriage is Jupiter, the karaka of tradition, is with 7th lord, Mars, and is aspecting the 7th house. Jupiter conjunct Mars, I feel, has not let Mars give the ill effects of manglik dosha.

Sun in own sign, Mercury exalted, Jupiter getting digbala, gives the chart good strength.

Her Venus dasha has to be good, it being lagna lord in the 11th house with 11th lord, Sun. It shows success in the dasha. Venus being 8th lord, some kind of struggle or health issues may have come up sometime, but otherwise, the Venus dasha will do good only for the person in terms of gains, success, achievements, honour, recognitions, and fulfillment of desires.

Basab
Last edited by Orange-Man on 24 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 24 Apr 2014

The reason I feel she has had a traditional marriage is Jupiter; the karaka of tradition is with 7th lord Mars and is aspecting the 7th house. Jupiter conjunct Mars, I feel, has not let Mars give the ill effects of manglik dosha.
Very well explained , I agree. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 24 Apr 2014

Thank you, Anuradha.

Basab

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 24 Apr 2014

Basab,

I agree with most of what you have said.

Only a few points I would like to make are - Rahu and Saturn empower each other. Hence, her Rahu has become more powerful by Saturn's aspect. Besides, I am not sure whether the Mars-Jupiter's aspect on 7th should be the cause for her break-up. It was certainly the cause for her marriage. I am also not sure if Saturn's aspect on Moon is good - technically it's Vish Yoga. But in general, you have read her chart accurately.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 24 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

About Rahu and Saturn empowering each other, I guess, you are saying that because Rahu is like Saturn. On the basis of that logic, yes, Saturn's aspect on Rahu will strengthen Rahu, and Saturn is a yogakarak in this chart, so it won't do much harm, anyway, but I have always believed that when two natural malefics make connection in a chart, it is not good. When I said about it here, I said it will give some problem, but not much, as Rahu is in mooltrikona sign and strong and Saturn is yogakarak.

Yes, Mars-Jupiter was the cause of marriage as Mars and Jupiter both get connected to the 7th house, but I have always believed a planet can have multiple functions. Jupiter as 6th lord can break a relation and being with the 7th lord can give marriage in its period, too.

Saturn-Moon connection is not good when we consider the signfications of both the planets and their relation between each other. Saturn-Moon will give depression, serious nature, detached mind, but we have to see the lordships also when two planets connect with each other, and here they are making a very good raja yoga of 5th and 10th lord, showing success in career for her. So we can say this that Saturn-Moon combination will give success in career, but she will not be happy about it, or have a lot of tension in her work place, or she will take her success in a detached spirit.

Basab

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 25 Apr 2014

Basab,

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

If you see more charts of this nature, we can discuss them.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 25 Apr 2014

Yes, Saindhavi ji, if I come across any interesting chart, we will discuss it.

karan1985

Post by karan1985 » 14 May 2014

Dear Saindhavi ji,

From your posts I understand that raja yogam means happy life, not wealthy life. Thanks.I read about Neecha bhanga raja yoga's 8 type of rules, in my chart i have all those 8 types including Lagna chart and navamasa chart, but i am jobless in the last 2 years, i lost my phd degree in my rahu antardasha on 2012 november (top 26th world ranking university), still not married yet... born in poor family, suffered from autism in my childhood life. no one respect me even if I say truth...so on. I born 18 July 1985, 11.35 Am (noon) in tiruchirappalli. 2007 may 5th i attempted sucide for love matter :D :D :D , it was a big downfall, then i studied hard and cleared many national level exams. I went to abroad for phd in 2009 Jan. One astrologer exactly predicted my abroad life. then another girl(very rich girl) volunteerly enter in my life, due to her i lost my phd..... :D :D :D . my personality looks like a hero :D :D :D . There is a answer for every incidents in my horoscope, I am wonder.

I am happy to analyse my chart myself, I clearly understand the karma. The happiest part is I started doing the meditation(kundalini yoga) before an year back, biggest gift in my life, I am very happy now, though I have nothing. From your posts I understand that raja yogam means happy life, not wealthy life. Thanks.
- Ketu and saturn in 2nd house, so nobody believing my words, but my presage always works. saturn dasha reason for my child hood life.
- Deblitated mars is the reason for suicidal thoughts and fearful life.

But My question is How i am learning my life myself? Why I so much interested in occult science? Now I am taking personality development courses to others . I am eagerly waiting for my next twists in life.

Thanks for wonderful comments to all

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 15 May 2014

karan1985,

Till 16th of Feb you've been running Rahu Antardasha. Rahu generates interest in occult, astrology etc.

Many of your problems have been because of retrograde Jupiter debilitated in 5th house. Another problem is Ketu malefic in 2nd house, though exalted Saturn protects this house, but Ketu-Saturn conjunction is not good.

Saturn Antardasha from 25th April 2016 should be good for your job and marriage, but you have to be prepared for Ketu Mahadasha after this.

Pray to Lord Ganesha daily. Wear blue clothes more often.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

karan1985

Post by karan1985 » 15 May 2014

Thanks saindhaviji,

-I have few doubts, Will planets maturity minimize those inimical character of bad planets?

-people telling that possibility of love marriage due to 7th lord Jupiter presenting in 5th house, bhanga period girl will come back? she is not getting married yet just 3 days difference with my DOB, Leo moon sign, magha nakshatra. Generally how will be my married life and family life? very important question for me....

-what kind of prefession shall I choose? I am completely blind now? please help me

-very few people comparing kundalini yoga and astrological remedies

-Many people are returning my horoscope immediately and telling you have many wealth yoga (no symptoms yet). Is it possible or saturn with ketu will spoil those yogas?

- Jupiter in 5th house of children deblitated. I am just learning of astrology through my horoscope and please help me to understand my life

2 and 3 questions answers will be very useful for me, at least answers those two questions, please.

Thank you so much
Karan1985

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 06 Sep 2019

how do combust rajayogas fare in chart .