Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

Post by VioletTwilight » 09 Mar 2014

Dear Rohiniranjan,

Thanks for detailed explanations. I was including Bangalore-Man chart in 1954 charts and considering the total on this thread to be 4. It is slightly surprising to me that 1954 didn't produce Bill Gates and Steve Jobs like persons (i.e. fundamental world changing influence) and instead 1955 did. The conditions would've been more or less the same in terms of desa, kala, patra and I am wondering how exaltation of two highly-influential grahas didn't bring it about.

For Nellore-lady, even if Rahu loses Aquarius co-lordship, dispositor of Mars in 4th is exalted Saturn conjunct friend and dispositor Venus. LL, lagna and Moon are in kendras to each other. Mars-Moon are in tight sambandha within 2degree difference.

I am not sure why that Moon didn't help this lady in career (never held any job other than home-maker) while even Ketu in 10th led to a good career to Denzel Washington. In contrast Ketu in 10th for Bangalore-Man didn't give any great career. The conclusion seems to be that planets close to ascendant/mid-heaven degree are more important than any others.

Feedback on Nellore-lady chart:
She turned religious since 2006 and since 2012 interested in reading scriptures regularly and pilgrimage.
nov 1990-aug 1993 really hard period due to cancer of her husband and sudden death of her father in jan 1993.
may 2006-nov 2007 is good period when she had settled monthly income, and was happy anticipating grandchild with pregnant daughter at home.
2000-diabetes. She had pituitary hormone problem since 1980-81 for which she was on medication for about two decades.
No affliction to lower limbs. She is also a high stamina walker and likes fast-paced walking everywhere.

May I know the basis for time-periods you mentioned?

Best regards,
Violet

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 09 Mar 2014

[quote="VioletTwilight"]Dear Rohiniranjan,

Thanks for detailed explanations. I was including Bangalore-Man chart in 1954 charts and considering the total on this thread to be 4. It is slightly surprising to me that 1954 didn't produce Bill Gates and Steve Jobs like persons (i.e. fundamental world changing influence) and instead 1955 did. The conditions would've been more or less the same in terms of desa, kala, patra and I am wondering how exaltation of two highly-influential grahas didn't bring it about.

For Nellore-lady, even if Rahu loses Aquarius co-lordship, dispositor of Mars in 4th is exalted Saturn conjunct friend and dispositor Venus. LL, lagna and Moon are in kendras to each other. Mars-Moon are in tight sambandha within 2degree difference.

I am not sure why that Moon didn't help this lady in career (never held any job other than home-maker) while even Ketu in 10th led to a good career to Denzel Washington. In contrast Ketu in 10th for Bangalore-Man didn't give any great career. The conclusion seems to be that planets close to ascendant/mid-heaven degree are more important than any others.

Feedback on Nellore-lady chart:
She turned religious since 2006 and since 2012 interested in reading scriptures regularly and pilgrimage.
nov 1990-aug 1993 really hard period due to cancer of her husband and sudden death of her father in jan 1993.
may 2006-nov 2007 is good period when she had settled monthly income, and was happy anticipating grandchild with pregnant daughter at home.
2000-diabetes. She had pituitary hormone problem since 1980-81 for which she was on medication for about two decades.
No affliction to lower limbs. She is also a high stamina walker and likes fast-paced walking everywhere.

May I know the basis for time-periods you mentioned?

Best regards,
Violet[/quote]

Dear Violet,

When I was a newbie, back in the sixties, MA chose to deliver a big slap! Sometimes She does things like those!

Lesson learned was to not get too enamoured by exaltations for those happen more cyclically and predictably, though not as predictably as Great ones or those who change the world or our ways, from time to time-- arrive necessarily in those transits?

But, despite all that and lamentably, Shri Bill Gates did not get born a year earlier, ALL important ones that matter arrived an year earlier, just in time!

Love. Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 09 Mar 2014

Dear Basab-bhai,

A few things that seemed striking about the nativity. Hopefully I am reading the signs correctly:

This individual has rather unique (hence different from the norm, whatever that four-letter term means!) and is somewhat ambivalent about his acceptance of traditional perspectives and perhaps sometimes strikes as sceptical. Broods a lot and does not look to be very happy or contented.

Even more ambivalent about marriage-related matters and sector in life. This is showing up in different ways. And secondarily the usually normal urge and motivation to raise his (assuming the nativity is male) family.

Has had problems with parents (more so with mother) and a general sense of dissatisfaction or something similar including absence, in life.

Has potential for significant health issues in life that could affect ability to work, etc.

RR
Rohiniranjan ji,

Thank you for taking time out to check the chart. It is very nice of you. I will not call him non-traditional. He is quite traditional in fact. He is religious also. I am not sure what you exactly mean when you say he is sceptical as everyone is sceptical about something or the other, but he is not a sceptical person, as in, that’s not something strongly marked in his personality. As much as I know him, I have never seen him sceptical about anything, till date. He is my cousin brother, and we have grown up in the same house, so I know him very well.

No, he is not at all a brooding person. That’s something I am sure about because his Moon MD was quite difficult for him, as I know, and he has told me so, too, but I never found him brooding ever at that time. I have never seen him complain about anything. He is very calm and collected, instead. Even in the deepest suffering, he has the strength of mind to keep calm and composed like nothing has happened, and he is not in any kind of agony. That is what I have seen in his case.

No, I will not say he was ever ambivalent about marriage related matters or about raising his family.

Yes, some problem with parents maybe was there in his growing up days, but not later on—and it was more with his father than his mother—I think. And that also he never expressed as he never brooded about anything. Yes, some dissatisfaction definitely was there in the early part of his life, and maybe some feeling of absence also, but not so after he crossed his mid-twenties.

He has some health issues, but nothing serious as such, and they have not affected his work life in any way.

If you have time, I would like you to tell what the chart says about his career, marriage, children and monetary matters. I don’t want to tell you about these aspects of his life beforehand as you will get biased then when checking the chart. I have seen this that when we know about a person and then check their chart, we invariably try to understand the chart on the context of the details of the life of the person provided to us, so we can never know whether if we had not known those things, if we would reach the same conclusion from the chart. So the best way is to check charts of people who we know nothing about.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 10 Mar 2014

Chaitu,

You are not running a favourable MD now so the struggle is there in your life. But you can expect some good times from the Venus-Saturn period which starts from September of this year. It will get you work and money.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 10 Mar 2014

Basab,

I'll wait for both of you to read this chart. But I notice he has Guru Chandal Yoga in 6th, while Rahu + Saturn in 6th are actually good for him.

I feel his Jupiter is not all that bad, aspecting its own house in 10th and in a friend's house in 2nd - both these houses accounting for career, family and wealth. But here the effect of Guru Chandal Yoga becomes important as also the countering effect of Rahu + Saturn in 6th.

His Mars Mahadasha may not have been good. Mars may have adversely affected his children too. But again, this has to be counter-balanced by the Guru-Chandal Jupiter's aspect on 2nd house of family.

I think the essential point behind understanding this chart lies in understanding the impact of Guru Chandal Yoga and its counter-balance by Rahu-Saturn in 6th, especially because he has now begun Rahu Mahadasha and will be running Jupiter Mahadasha after this.

By the way, I came across a chart similar to this, though the 4 planets in a different house. Would you like to see this chart too, since it has similar yogas as in the chart you showed, though in a different house?

I'll tell you the details after hearing your thoughts on this.
Last edited by Saindhavi on 25 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 10 Mar 2014

Dear Basab-bhai,

None of us are meant to read all charts well; this is why I had promised to myself long ago during this journey to never agonise or get obsessive about any chart, including my own and of my relatives etc. The principle has served me or rather guided me well, and saved my time too. The only exception is when it is a consultation between jyotishi and nativity, which is not the case in this instance. Nor is it a setting where I am mentoring or teaching :-). So, it would serve your interest best if other friends here or elsewhere helped you/your cousin out.

KInd regards,

Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Violet,

Exalted planets (or other locii of dignity) tend to draw our attention obviously. But those span a fair chunk of time-period and it is conceivable that at the current global birth rate of an infant being born somewhere every second or so, not all can be expected to be prominent. As you know, there are many factors that go into the composite strength calculations and there are obviously additional ones given by Sages such as rays, pleasure-pain index, dots of destiny, etc etc. Not too infrequently, we run into weak exalted and strong debilitated planets (low on phasic strength but high on numerical strength) and perhaps those are important considerations.

The thing I wrote about 'affliction of feet etc' is something she should watch out for. Diabetics tend to develop neuropathies and so she should remain mindful about that. Doing so (good control of metabolism, life-style changes, weight etc) can only be positive and keep her in better health.

Re the planets around AC/MC if I recall correctly, wasn't that an important premise that the research of Gauquelins highlighted too? An impressive example of serious research indeed, and of mammoth proportions!

For time-periods I used the standard dashas and interaction with transits, particularly at the inception of the periods. It often provides useful information during consultations.

Kind regards,

Rohiniranjan

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

I am getting Libra ascendant with the birth data you have provided. Let me tell you what I see in the chart:

Ascendant lord Venus is in the 8th house aspected by Saturn. It can give struggles in life and humiliation and some chronic health issues also. It will give a lot of interest in occult and spirituality. The person will be secretive in nature and shy. He will have problems in matters of love/marriage.

2nd lord Mars is in the 11th house aspecting the 2nd house. The person will be wealthy and he will have harsh speech.

Mars is connected with 4th lord Saturn in the 11th house. It will give gains from properties.

2nd and 3rd lord together in the 11th house can mean the person will earn wealth through self efforts and will also achieve a lot of success due to self efforts.

3rd and 4th lord together can give the person short travels.

5th lord Saturn and Mars together will make the person aggressive in his thinking. It also shows a technical education.

Rahu’s connection with 5th lord and 2nd lord will make the person very clever in his thinking and manipulative in his talks, though he may come across as someone who is outspoken due to Mars’ aspect on his 2nd house.

Ketu in the 5th house will give interest in spirituality.

6th lord Jupiter with 4th lord Saturn will give conflicts with mother, or legal troubles due to landed properties.

2-6 connection can give some disease of mouth or eyes.

4-7 connection in the chart can show foreign travel. 11th lord in the 7th house exalted and 7-11 exchange being there can show the person’s spouse his wealthy and an accomplished person. He/she will be very proud and arrogant and have a very strong commanding personality.

Venus in 8th house shows the person will be secretive when it comes to his romantic relations and will have a deep thinking in respect to matters of love.

9th lord Mercury in the 6th house shows conflicts between the person and his/her father. 10th lord in the 12th house can give a foreign career. It also can mean breaks in career.

4 planets in the 11th house show he will be wealthy and will have much success in life. 12th lord in 6th house shows the person will spend a lot of money on health matters and other legal expenses.

The person was born in Moon MD. In that period he/she may have travelled away from birth place. That period may have also given health issues.

The period of Mars shows the person was growing up in a wealthy family.

In Rahu MD he/she did his/her education and did well. He/she got into career life also then, if the person has got into a career.

Jupiter MD is going fine, too. The person is working hard and making short trips and having some obstacles in life maybe but gains and success are there. He/she is running Mercury AD now and Mercury will give foreign travel, losses, expenses, and health issues and struggles. This period is not good for the person's father also.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

I could never understand the chart of my cousin brother. Many astrologers I know of have failed miserably when it came to his chart. Let me tell you about him. He is super rich and he is a self made man. He does business. He has had huge success in his business and that too in a matter of just few years and he leads a very lavish life.

He has had love marriage. His married life is excellent. He has two children and they are very fine. The second one was born a month or so back. His wife had miscarriage last year. All his success came in his Mars MD. His Moon MD was quite difficult, though he worked for sometime in a multinational company then and also in a call centre for sometime.

Yes, I agree Rahu-Saturn in the 6th house is good actually. You are right Jupiter-Rahu is not good. Jupiter’s aspect on 10th house as 10th lord maybe has helped him in his career. I am wondering about his Moon. It is so badly afflicted in the 6th house and still he is so calm and composed. He got his Moon MD also, and I have not seen him get flustered even once, though it was a difficult period for him. Maybe Jupiter is protecting his Moon. His life changed completely after his Mars MD started. He got tremendous success in his Mars MD. It’s maybe because it is his 2nd and 9th lord and placed in the 5th house. He got settled in career, got married and first child was born in Mars MD. Everything happened very fast. It was like God was showering His blessings on Him.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Rohiniranjan ji,

I understand your point. My cousin doesn’t have any need for astrological consultation. His life is perfect from all aspects. I put the chart here just for the sake of discussion as it’s a chart, which never made sense to me.

Coming to me, when I was learning astrology, I came across many charts, which made no sense to me, which kind of made me sceptical about astrology. And that scepticism is still there. So when I come across a good astrologer, I show these charts and see if they can make sense of them and help me revive my faith in astrology. But then, I understand you have a different way of looking at the matter, and I respect it.
Last edited by basab14 on 10 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 10 Mar 2014

Basab,

I too couldn't understand the chart I gave you. That's why I posted it. It has Scorpio Ascendant.

Please make the chart with Scorpio Ascendant (9.50pm without DST). You can shift the time to 9.50pm if you are getting Libra ascendant at 9.30pm.

At 9.30pm the Scorpio Lagna is at 0 degree. I think that's why you are getting Libra Lagna. Make it with 9.50pm without DST so that you'll get Scorpio Lagna.

After you read the Scorpio chart, we can discuss both charts together, since there are similarities in yogas.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Basab-bhai,

Scepticism is not necessarily a bad or undesirable quality. The only possible field or endeavour where it becomes counter-productive is in those pursuits that are purely faith-based, such as certain religious pursuits. From what I sensed, you are not a sceptic or at least not a closed-minded sceptic, since you have a tinge of faith inside you that makes you want to continue seeking (why else would you be on an astrology forum :-)? We all run into some of these puzzling charts. Although I do believe that divinatory crafts have a strong technical component, a meaningful reading requires also other elements and I am not referring to intuition or similar, but the need on the part of a nativity who is seeking guidance for him/herself. Casual or even well-designed testing (in heuristic, research settings) is an entirely different game and has a different purpose.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Rohiniranjan ji,

You have understood me correctly. I am not a sceptic in that sense. It's just that I have stopped trusting astrology now after seeing it fail quite a few times. I have questioned it sometimes, too, though I know it is not wrong. But when something can't give correct results always one can't depend on it.

Actually, earlier I was trying to learn astrology sincerely. But when I lost trust in it, I stopped learning it. My friends keep asking me to check their charts, so I tell them what I know. That's it. Otherwise, I have kind of detached myself from astrology in my mind.

I feel, just knowing the technical part is not enough. Intuition is also needed as so many factors get involved, to pick and choose the correct thing when making a prediction is not possible with a logical mind always. And yes, maybe direct communication with the person whose chart is being studied also helps.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, although the modern tendency in many parts is to portray astrology as a science and highly technical, the sages did rather emphatically underscored that the ideal jyotishi would have to abide by highest moral discipline and austerity, etc and such spiritual practices must be embraced. In our modern society, how many can even attain such lofty goals, while living and working in realms which are worldly and technical? For many and perhaps most, there have to be compromises made, unless one is a monk living amidst society and there may well be a few like those. They probably do attain a higher form of intuition. Quite frankly I have not had the privilege to meet them, but then again, I never had the urge to do so, either.

There is a lower (my term) form of intuition that too evolves in those who even keep learning and practicing divinatory crafts including astrology and actually even scientific disciplines such as medicine etc. We have all heard of serendipity and how it sometimes solves puzzles during dreams, reveries and deep contemplation (discovery of the structure of benzene, penicillin, DNA spiral, perhaps even theory of relativity!). The requirement for this lower form of intuition kicking in is often dependent on the ambience and purpose for which the knowledge is applied. This is what I was refering to. Unlike the higher and more difficult to attain intuition which is faster and more direct and powerful, the lower form works more like a 'steering' mechanism and gives nudges in the right direction. Sometimes a specific technique, or a certain secondary varga such as navamsha that holds the key, including the cancellation of something negative appearing on cursory examination, etc etc.

You appear to be a much less laid-back person than I am :-) maybe you are younger and even type A individuals have been known to grow more tolerant, if not completely 'laid-back'! In astrology which is partly technical, mostly interpretive, and a fair bit mystical etc, the best we can do is to keep our minds open, keep learning and letting God worry about the goal-posts and final milestone.

Anyways...!

Rohiniranjan

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Rohiniranjan ji,

My point is very simple. Just like everyone can’t be a singer or a writer or a painter or an athlete or so many other things, so the same way everyone can’t be an astrologer, but nowadays everyone after reading a book or two thinks that they have become astrologers and start predicting for people, too. That is the reason predictions don’t come true most of the times and astrology gets a bad name as a result.

80% of the people I talk to complain to me that astrology doesn’t work. I feel sad about it, and try to explain to them the reality, but they have grown bitter about astrology, just like it is for me. We can’t forget bitter experiences so easily.

I agree with you on the higher and lower forms of intuition, which you have mentioned. The former comes through leading a pure, austere life, and the latter through constant practice. I remember reading a book “Blink”, which talks about the latter form of intuition. It is a good book.

Yes, I am a laidback person. But sometimes I think astrology never was for me. The time I used to spend on astrology, I am spending on reading religious books since some years, and I feel I relish it more than I ever did in case of astrology. One thing puzzles me though. Is 8th house then the house of spirituality also other than astrology and occult? I am asking this as I am running the period of ascendant and 8th lord in the 8th house.

Astrology is not wrong. I am not sceptical in that sense. Maybe I decided not to go deep into it and gave up soon. But yes, I agree with you if one is interested in it, one should not leave it midway because he couldn’t make sense of a few charts. He should go on learning and leave the fruits of his hard work to God. He should leave it to Him and everything will be fine in the end. I agree with you on that.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello Saindhavi ji,

With Scorpio ascendant, ascendant lord, Mars in the 10th house, shows the person will be focused about his career. He will do well in career also as this is a very good combination for success in career. He will have a lot of drive and ambition in respect to career matters. As 6th lord is in the 10th house, he will do a job, and there can be enemies and struggles in respect to his work.

2nd lord Jupiter in the 10th house with ascendant lord shows he will earn good wealth in career. 2nd lord being with Mars, he will have rude speech.

3rd lord Saturn in the 10th house with ascendant lord Mars, and it being a Saturn-Mars combination shows the person will be hard working, dedicated and disciplined in his life, and specially in career matters.

Ketu in the 4th house shows unhappiness in domestic life and some problems to mother. Mars aspect on the 4th house can mean health issues to mother or difficult life.

Ascendant lord and 4th lord together shows the person will be close to his mother, but it being a 4-6 connection also, some conflicts can also be there with his mother.

Mercury in the 5th house shows the person will be very intelligent and learned. He will be good in studies. As Mercury is 8th lord and placed in the 5th house, the person can take interest in occult studies. As 11th lord in 5th house, he will achieve distinction in academic life.

10th lord Sun in the 6th house shows the person will do a job and achieve success in it as the Sun is exalted. He will vanquish his enemies, who will keep bothering him in his work life as there is a 6-10 exchange in the chart.

Venus in the 7th house in own sign shows the person will be very much attractive to the opposite sex and will have a good married life. His wife will be good looking and artistic. The person himself will be artistic, too.

9th lord Moon in the 11th house shows the person will achieve success and earn a lot of money without much effort, and he will be very much fortunate in life. His father also must have done very well in life as Sun is also exalted in chart.

So many planets in the 10th house forming raja yogas show the person will have a very huge success in career and a lot of fame and recognition.

The dashas of Mars and Rahu and Jupiter all in the 10th house will go very well for the person. He will have a lot of success in life.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 11 Mar 2014

Dear Basab,

Generally speaking, the 9th is taken as the house whose portfolio contains religion, spirituality (among other things). The eighth is more about quests such as research, occultism, secrets (of all kinds and levels). Religion and spirituality have a segment of secrecy which incorporates in a sense exclusivity and sacred secrets. Oftentimes, when we look at the dashas of a planet in a certain house or ruling certain houses, it helps to keep in mind the nakshatra and nakshatra dispositor as valuable hints and correlations can be found. Jyotish (astrology in general) is somewhat different from certain other divinatory crafts such as tarot etc which are more based on 'patterns'. Jyotish too is dependent on patterns but has an investigative component somewhat in the sense of what detectives do: noticing clues and putting two and two together. In a droll sense jyotish is about detecting *crimes* too (using crime in a rather broad sense!), ancient crimes which some call KARMA! :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 11 Mar 2014

Basab,

First the feedback on this chart -

This person rose from modest levels of society to get the highest level education in his field and has got a university job now. His field happens to be in Humanities, in which there is a lot of job insecurities and many highly qualified people are jobless. But he has landed a good job right after completing his education, which shows a promising career.

He is leading funded projects even at the beginning of his career.

So, your reading of his job, career, rise to success and finances is correct.

He is very attached to his family and especially to his Mother. She is very proud of his success. But I too was surprised his 4th house condition. It remains to be seen what kind of impact his 4th house has. It may also lead to him going abroad or to a distant place for job. So far he is close to his native place, though not exactly in his native place.

He is interested in sports.

Rahu-Saturn in 10th have given him extra skills in computer science eventhough he has not studied it and he is actually making money out of it.

He is actually very patient, kindhearted, soft-spoken and good natured. Yes, he is very artistic - your reading is right in this matter.

I don't know if he is interested in many women, but women are always pursuing him. He happens to be single till the age of 34. This is another unexplained territory.

Now, as I said earlier, we have to see here the yogas that have formed in his 10th house - Guru Chandal Yoga, Rahu-Saturn and Mars-Saturn-Rahu conjunctions.

He is running Sadhe Sati and has risen in this period. Sadhe Sati is usually good for Virgo Rashi people.

It appears that his Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are giving him good results individually. But we have to study the impact of the conjunctions I mentioned above.

The point here is - Is Guru Chandal Yoga benefic for charts where Jupiter is friendly to Ascendant? In the chart you showed, Jupiter is ruler of Lagna and in this chart, he is friend of Scorpio Lagna.

This question needs to be studied further by seeing more charts with Guru Chandal Yoga where Jupiter is friendly to the Lagna.

Besides, if Saturn conjuncts Guru Chandal Yoga, then what impact does it create? In the chart you showed, it appears that in 6th house Saturn has given benefic effect. But in this chart Saturn is in 10th house and in an enemy sign. So, does it mean that Guru Chandal Yoga can be benefic enough to overrule an adverse Saturn in 10th house?

Again we have to study more charts from 1979-80 period to understand this phenomenon.

If the above observations are correct, then it appears that when Guru Chandal Yoga is benefic, other planetary conjunctions are overruled.

This is also the reason for the rise of your cousin - if it is correct.

Let me know if you have seen more charts from 1979080 years and what you think.

Rohiniranjanji,

You too may give your thoughts about these questions.

Thanks
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 11 Mar 2014

Dear Saindhavi ji,

Thanks for inviting me. I have not been paying attention to the chart that you folks are now discussing, but GCY is of great interest to me as well, in fact pretty much as much of interest as KSY! Also when I was a young man, some jyotishis I had the privilege of discussing charts with (different times, very different styles and much less *transparency* back then!) were rather taken by GCY and VRY and KSY and so all that left an impression in my nubile mind, insofar as Jyotish is concerned :-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chaitu124 » 11 Mar 2014

Sorry Chaitu, if I missed responding to this post of yours. Due to many simultaneous discussions, and I eventually figured out that LOVA does not automatically sends thread-followup reminders, unless each posting is manually ticked (notification box) and disapproved postings notices (emails) not giving information about the contents rejected (just the header which is not at all informative, unless one keeps a log of each sharing posted (too much work! :-)) -- I cannot be sure if I did or did not!

I use an ayanamsha fine-tuned for my work and it is about 29 minutes away from Raman and towards Lahiri (so Lahiri value minus about 58 minutes or Raman value plus 29). I do not know how you are calculating your houses etc, but this is what I get based on the data you gave me for your birth:

Lagna = Dhanu 9d 3m
Shani = Vrischik 00d 36m

Whether we use whole sign, equal house or sripati unequal houses, Saturn falls in the 12th house.
If you are using placidus houses as KP uses and cusp as the beginning, that might give Saturn into 11th house and presumably you might be doing that.

Good Luck!

Rohiniranjan
sorry sir for my late reply...I checked it with parashala light with all ayanamsha and i also cheked online multiple times and also used KP system to check my horoscope but none of those showed saturn in 12 th house..Saturn is my atmakaraka and my ascendent is dhanu but saturn is with kethu ..But i used with all ayanamsha but none of the software showed me saturn as 12 th ...

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 11 Mar 2014

Rohiniranjan ji,

Yes, I agree, that 9th house is mainly to be seen in a chart in respect to matters of religion and spirituality. And the logic you have given about how 8th house can maybe be indirectly linked to spirituality is also correct, I agree. I was thinking from a different angle actually. The 4th, 8th, 12th houses in a chart are called moksha houses, so that way 8th house could be called a house of spirituality as moksha is something we can connect to nothing else, but spirituality.

Yes, the nakshatra the planet sits in is definitely to be considered, and the placement of the nakshatra lord also gives a valuable clue as you have correctly said.
Last edited by basab14 on 12 Mar 2014, edited 6 times in total.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 11 Mar 2014

Saindhavi ji,

Thank you for the feedback. Coming to the chart:

He maybe has a good relation with his mother, but how has his mother’s life been? Did she have struggle? Did she suffer from health issues? Even that is possible when the 4th house is afflicted, as in this case. And yes, the afflicted 4th house can surely take him away from home, as you have rightly said.

His ascendant being a Martian one and his ascendant lord being with 3rd lord of sports, it is making sense his taking interest in sports.

Yes, malefics in 10th house will make him earn from technical work, as you have rightly said, and the benefic influence on his 5th house, shows his education in humanities.

His being kind hearted could be due to Moon aspecting his 5th house of mind. I wonder though how he is soft spoken. That I find interesting.

Venus in 7th house always makes the opposite sex tremendously attracted to the person. It gives a person tremendous amount of lust, too. But maybe that lust has been kept under check by Saturn’s aspect on Venus, though I am wondering about it, as Venus is in the nakshatra of Mars. It is strange, his staying unmarried, till now. Maybe the karaka bhava nasha theory applies in this case. Venus in 7th house is not good for married life as per that rule.

Coming to his 10th house, he is now getting the effect of the 1-4-5 raja yoga in the 10th house. But the result of the 3 ‘goons’ in the 10th house will show up, too at some point in his life.

Yes, it is possible as you have said that Saturn in Virgo doesn’t give bad results. I have seen in many cases good dashas protecting people during sade-sathi phase, which can be true to some extent in his case, too.

Coming to guru-chandala yoga, honestly speaking, I don’t know much about yogas in astrology. I check a chart based on the basic rules, but yes, the point you have made is correct, I feel, that as Jupiter lords good houses, the malefic yoga has not been able to do any damage in this case. My uncle has Jupiter-Rahu in the 10th house (Libra ascendant). He got his Jupiter MD and it was full of struggle, even though Jupiter is exalted for him. It was the effect of guru chandala yoga, I think.

No, this much I know that when guru chandala yoga is afflicted by any malefic then it can give worst results and in this case Saturn is not a functional benefic, so it will give damaging effect definitely sometime in his life. It will happen in some bad dasha. In a good dasha the bad planets in the chart stay silent, but the moment a bad dasha or a bad transit comes, they start spitting venom as is their nature.

About my cousin, more than guru chandala yoga, what made me surprised was that so many planets in trik houses didn’t give him any struggle at all, except in his teenage and early twenties. He has a dream life, which each and every person would envy of. I wonder how his chart shows it.

lilly2005
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lilly2005 » 12 Mar 2014

Last edited by lilly2005 on 19 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 12 Mar 2014

chaitu124 wrote:
Sorry Chaitu, if I missed responding to this post of yours. Due to many simultaneous discussions, and I eventually figured out that LOVA does not automatically sends thread-followup reminders, unless each posting is manually ticked (notification box) and disapproved postings notices (emails) not giving information about the contents rejected (just the header which is not at all informative, unless one keeps a log of each sharing posted (too much work! :-)) -- I cannot be sure if I did or did not!

I use an ayanamsha fine-tuned for my work and it is about 29 minutes away from Raman and towards Lahiri (so Lahiri value minus about 58 minutes or Raman value plus 29). I do not know how you are calculating your houses etc, but this is what I get based on the data you gave me for your birth:

Lagna = Dhanu 9d 3m
Shani = Vrischik 00d 36m

Whether we use whole sign, equal house or sripati unequal houses, Saturn falls in the 12th house.
If you are using placidus houses as KP uses and cusp as the beginning, that might give Saturn into 11th house and presumably you might be doing that.

Good Luck!

Rohiniranjan
sorry sir for my late reply...I checked it with parashala light with all ayanamsha and i also cheked online multiple times and also used KP system to check my horoscope but none of those showed saturn in 12 th house..Saturn is my atmakaraka and my ascendent is dhanu but saturn is with kethu ..But i used with all ayanamsha but none of the software showed me saturn as 12 th ...
Dear Chaitu,

If you use Lahiri ayanamsha, you will get Saturn in 11th as well as atmakaraka since it would move to the previous sign. If you use Raman (or closer values) ayanamsha, it would move to scorpio. Since KP uses placidian cusps as the beginning of a house (jyotish uses the cusp as the midpoint of a house), you would be seeing Saturn in the 11th house. But you say that you get Saturn in the 11th house with all ayanamshas! Are you sure you used Raman as an option? Please check that out so that this intriguing matter can be put to rest :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 12 Mar 2014

basab14 wrote:Rohiniranjan ji,

Yes, I agree, that 9th house is mainly to be seen in a chart in respect to matters of religion and spirituality. And the logic you have given about how 8th house can maybe be indirectly linked to spirituality is also correct, I agree. I was thinking from a different angle actually. The 4th, 8th, 12th houses in a chart are called moksha houses, so that way 8th house could be called a house of spirituality as moksha is something we can connect to nothing else, but spirituality.

Yes, the nakshatra the planet sits in is definitely to be considered, and the placement of the nakshatra lord also gives a valuable clue as you have correctly said.
Basab-bhai,

Yes, using that brilliant logic, one should probably see spiritual pursuits from 4, 8, 12. Although moksha has specifically been associated with 12. Scriptures are generally rather silent, or not too descriptive, unfortunately. The fourth has been associated with the final resting place a person has (grave or pyre), as well as beginning of life (mother's womb).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan