Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Do rajyogas or other yogas really give results?

Post by basab14 » 12 Mar 2014

Hello Lilly,

You are very much right when you say that the natural malefics do very well in the 6th house. I don’t agree though about their doing well in the other two trik houses—that shouldn’t be so as per the astrology rules.

I would like to see the chart of the person who has achieved a lot in life, in spite of having many planets in trik houses. If he is running a good dasha, that will help him, for sure, though it shouldn’t help totally.

"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 12 Mar 2014

Rohiniranjan ji,

It is true that moksha is seen from the 12th house, which is the last house in the moksha triangle, formed by the three houses 4th, 8th and 12th, which can mean that the 4th house is the starting point in the spiritual journey, the 8th house, the midpoint of it, and the 12th house the final destination point, that is moksha (which makes the 4th and 8th houses spiritual houses, helping one advance towards moksha). Or otherwise, why the need for a moksha triangle? I agree that nothing like this is stated in the astrology books, so I am fully wrong in my thinking maybe.

I have never seen anyone take to spirituality in the dasha of a 4th house connected planet, though I have interest in spirituality in the dasha of my 8th lord in 8th house, and I have seen some other people taking interest in it in 8th house connected periods, which made me wonder about it whether 8th house can be connected to spirituality.
Crystalpages wrote:Basab-bhai,

Yes, using that brilliant logic, one should probably see spiritual pursuits from 4, 8, 12. Although moksha has specifically been associated with 12. Scriptures are generally rather silent, or not too descriptive, unfortunately. The fourth has been associated with the final resting place a person has (grave or pyre), as well as beginning of life (mother's womb).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

chaitu124
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chaitu124 » 13 Mar 2014

Dear Chaitu,

If you use Lahiri ayanamsha, you will get Saturn in 11th as well as atmakaraka since it would move to the previous sign. If you use Raman (or closer values) ayanamsha, it would move to scorpio. Since KP uses placidian cusps as the beginning of a house (jyotish uses the cusp as the midpoint of a house), you would be seeing Saturn in the 11th house. But you say that you get Saturn in the 11th house with all ayanamshas! Are you sure you used Raman as an option? Please check that out so that this intriguing matter can be put to rest :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Yes sir i used Lahari raman k.p and all other settings ..My saturn is in 11 th house..If its in 12 th then atlast more than 1 software will show that but none of the softwares showed me saturn in 12 th ..saturn is in 11 th house with kethu and at the same time i checked it with jagannath hora ,astrosaga,parashara light ,mythreya and some k.ps oftwares and all showed me saturn in 11 th house only..Tried and changed ayanamsha but no change in any planet house change

Regards chaithu

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 14 Mar 2014

chaitu124 wrote:
Dear Chaitu,

If you use Lahiri ayanamsha, you will get Saturn in 11th as well as atmakaraka since it would move to the previous sign. If you use Raman (or closer values) ayanamsha, it would move to scorpio. Since KP uses placidian cusps as the beginning of a house (jyotish uses the cusp as the midpoint of a house), you would be seeing Saturn in the 11th house. But you say that you get Saturn in the 11th house with all ayanamshas! Are you sure you used Raman as an option? Please check that out so that this intriguing matter can be put to rest :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Yes sir i used Lahari raman k.p and all other settings ..My saturn is in 11 th house..If its in 12 th then atlast more than 1 software will show that but none of the softwares showed me saturn in 12 th ..saturn is in 11 th house with kethu and at the same time i checked it with jagannath hora ,astrosaga,parashara light ,mythreya and some k.ps oftwares and all showed me saturn in 11 th house only..Tried and changed ayanamsha but no change in any planet house change

Regards chaithu
Dear Chaitu,

When you send me the screen-grabs, as request by P.M., please include the birthdata too that you used. I forget if I got your data from you or one of the forum postings. This really needs to be looked into and is rather intriguing :-)

Thanks,

RR
Rohiniranjan

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 14 Mar 2014

Basab,

I don't know about his mother's health condition. She may have health problems. Perhaps Saturn's aspect on its own house in 4th has minimised Ketu's impact - she is very much traditional spirituality-oriented. Perhaps Saturn + Ketu have created that impact. But it's certainly likely that she has some illness that I am not aware of.

I didn't see Moon's aspect on 5th house. You're right about it resulting in Humanities. Mercury is debilitated in 5th, but his speech and communication skills haven't got affected by it.

Jupiter aspects its own 2nd house of speech - perhaps that is the reason he is soft spoken and also Mercury's impact has got nullified. Actually his voice is quite masculine and loud - it's just that he speaks very politely. So, both Mars and Jupiter have their effect here.

Perhaps Saturn aspect on 7th has delayed his marriage, but marriage is certainly there in this chart.

About your cousin's chart, I think his wife's miscarriage is related to his debilitated Mars in 5th.

As for the 6th house planets, Saturn + Rahu are giving good effect there. If we regard that Jupiter being the Lord of the Lagna is also good in 6th - aspecting its own house in 10th and friend's house in 2nd house of family and wealth, then it only leaves Moon as caught up in Rahu-Ketu-Saturn axis. And you said he struggled during Moon Mahadasha. You are right that Moon's conjunction with Jupiter has made his mental processes very balanced.

In this reading, Jupiter, Rahu and Saturn would be benefic and only Moon would be somewhat tainted in 6th house.

I think some of the negative influences of his 8th house planets may be played out during Rahu Mahadasha. The Antardashas to watch are Mercury, Venus, Sun and Moon. I think overall his Rahu should eventually turn out to be good for him and his Jupiter should protect him, but still he needs to be careful, especially during Sun, Venus and Mercury Antardashas.

basab14 wrote:Saindhavi ji,

Thank you for the feedback. Coming to the chart:

He maybe has a good relation with his mother, but how has his mother’s life been? Did she have struggle? Did she suffer from health issues? Even that is possible when the 4th house is afflicted, as in this case. And yes, the afflicted 4th house can surely take him away from home, as you have rightly said.

His ascendant being a Martian one and his ascendant lord being with 3rd lord of sports, it is making sense his taking interest in sports.

Yes, malefics in 10th house will make him earn from technical work, as you have rightly said, and the benefic influence on his 5th house, shows his education in humanities.

His being kind hearted could be due to Moon aspecting his 5th house of mind. I wonder though how he is soft spoken. That I find interesting.

Venus in 7th house always makes the opposite sex tremendously attracted to the person. It gives a person tremendous amount of lust, too. But maybe that lust has been kept under check by Saturn’s aspect on Venus, though I am wondering about it, as Venus is in the nakshatra of Mars. It is strange, his staying unmarried, till now. Maybe the karaka bhava nasha theory applies in this case. Venus in 7th house is not good for married life as per that rule.

Coming to his 10th house, he is now getting the effect of the 1-4-5 raja yoga in the 10th house. But the result of the 3 ‘goons’ in the 10th house will show up, too at some point in his life.

Yes, it is possible as you have said that Saturn in Virgo doesn’t give bad results. I have seen in many cases good dashas protecting people during sade-sathi phase, which can be true to some extent in his case, too.

Coming to guru-chandala yoga, honestly speaking, I don’t know much about yogas in astrology. I check a chart based on the basic rules, but yes, the point you have made is correct, I feel, that as Jupiter lords good houses, the malefic yoga has not been able to do any damage in this case. My uncle has Jupiter-Rahu in the 10th house (Libra ascendant). He got his Jupiter MD and it was full of struggle, even though Jupiter is exalted for him. It was the effect of guru chandala yoga, I think.

No, this much I know that when guru chandala yoga is afflicted by any malefic then it can give worst results and in this case Saturn is not a functional benefic, so it will give damaging effect definitely sometime in his life. It will happen in some bad dasha. In a good dasha the bad planets in the chart stay silent, but the moment a bad dasha or a bad transit comes, they start spitting venom as is their nature.

About my cousin, more than guru chandala yoga, what made me surprised was that so many planets in trik houses didn’t give him any struggle at all, except in his teenage and early twenties. He has a dream life, which each and every person would envy of. I wonder how his chart shows it.

Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 14 Mar 2014

Chaitu
In response to the query at the beginning of the thread:
In my experience͵ the yogas are always seen to work͵ in the respective Antardasas͵ even in the dasha of a dire malefic like Rahu. Since Moon is the sustainer of Yogas͵ the status of the Moon might play a role: whether waxing/waning͵ with/without positive aspects etc. Sometimes in an adverse transit like sade sati͵ a lot of problems and obstacles might be created to prevent the results of a yoga from coming up.

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 23 Mar 2014

Crystalpages wrote:Dear Violet,

Exalted planets (or other locii of dignity) tend to draw our attention obviously. But those span a fair chunk of time-period and it is conceivable that at the current global birth rate of an infant being born somewhere every second or so, not all can be expected to be prominent. As you know, there are many factors that go into the composite strength calculations and there are obviously additional ones given by Sages such as rays, pleasure-pain index, dots of destiny, etc etc. Not too infrequently, we run into weak exalted and strong debilitated planets (low on phasic strength but high on numerical strength) and perhaps those are important considerations.

The thing I wrote about 'affliction of feet etc' is something she should watch out for. Diabetics tend to develop neuropathies and so she should remain mindful about that. Doing so (good control of metabolism, life-style changes, weight etc) can only be positive and keep her in better health.

Re the planets around AC/MC if I recall correctly, wasn't that an important premise that the research of Gauquelins highlighted too? An impressive example of serious research indeed, and of mammoth proportions!

For time-periods I used the standard dashas and interaction with transits, particularly at the inception of the periods. It often provides useful information during consultations.

Kind regards,

Rohiniranjan
Dear Rohiniranjan,

I haven't seen this message among others. Thanks for the writing the method you use to come up with significant methods.

I will let the lady know about your predictions. She is already on the path to be careful about her health situation. She says she is motivated by her grandchildren to keep herself healthy and active in order to play with them (Guru in 9th?).

Best regards,
Violet

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 26 Mar 2014

Dear Violet,

One cautionary note about the 'transit at dasa entry'! It is very sensitive to ayanamsha and accurate birthtimes. However, even when using slightly inaccurate times, though lagna will be difficult to determine at those moments, the general transit positions do not change drastically and often give meaningful pointers.

Kind regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

feerth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by feerth » 01 Apr 2014

Does Moon chart is worth to see if there is any dhana and raja yoga ?
In lagna chart i have 3 raja yoga, 1 dhana yoga
In Moon chart i have 4 dhana yoga, and one of them Happening in 8th house... gajkesri yoga in ascedant and 1 classic raja yoga,
in that 8th house i have 2 vipreeta raj yoga. 6th lord exalted in 8th, and 8th lord in 8th.

lilly2005
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lilly2005 » 09 Apr 2014

basab14 wrote:Hello Lilly,

You are very much right when you say that the natural malefics do very well in the 6th house. I don’t agree though about their doing well in the other two trik houses—that shouldn’t be so as per the astrology rules.

I would like to see the chart of the person who has achieved a lot in life, in spite of having many planets in trik houses. If he is running a good dasha, that will help him, for sure, though it shouldn’t help totally.
Hi Basab,

Sorry for the late reply. I think malefics in 6th house give good results when it forms some type of raj yoga and being a upchaaya house does get better with time. Ihave sent you the birth details in PM.

Lilly

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 14 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

Yes, your point is correct that Ketu in the 4th house aspected by Saturn has given the native’s mother interest in spirituality. About her health issues, I mainly said so seeing the 4-6 connection that has formed in the chart, and of course, due to the malefic influences on the 4th house.

His mother should be artistic, I feel, seeing the placement of Venus in the 4th from 4th house in the chart, in its own sign. Her married life doesn’t seem good at all when we see 3 natural malefics in the 7th house from the 4th house. She may have taken interest in the occult or has studied something to do with research as the 5th lord from the 4th house is in the 8th house in Mercury’s sign. She will talk a lot as Mercury is in the 2nd house from the 4th house.

Yes, benefic influences on the 5th house made the person get into humanities. Coming to his speech, yes, Mercury is debilitated, but it is not afflicted, so the damage has not been much.

His 2nd lord well placed in the 10th house and aspecting the 2nd house giving the 2nd house strength is connected with the ascendant lord of self, Mars, and 3rd lord of communication, Saturn, giving him good speech and communication and making him hard working (3rd house connection) and very close to his family (2nd house connection )and giving him wealth (again 2nd house connection), but as it is a union of 3 natural malefics in one house, therefore it will bring some trouble definitely in respect to career, as these planets have gathered in the 10th house and also in respect to wealth and family matters, or maybe he will have eye/teeth problems. He will work really hard to earn his money as there is the 1-2-3 connection in the chart.

I feel the softness in his speech is due to the aspect of the soft planet Moon on the karaka of speech Mercury and also due to the aspect of Jupiter on his 2nd house, which you have mentioned. Now, coming to his masculine voice, yes, I agree with you that it is due to the connection of Mars and Saturn with the 2nd lord, Jupiter.

Yes, Saturn’s aspect on his 7th house and on karaka of marriage, Venus is the reason for the delay in marriage, I agree with you, and I also agree with you that he will get married as 7th house in his chart is very strong.

Coming to my cousin’s chart, yes, it is Mars definitely, which was responsible for the miscarriage.

Yes, I agree with you that Saturn-Rahu in the 6th house is not bad at all. They will do him good. In fact, the aspect of Jupiter on the 10th house as 10th lord and on the 2nd house, I had missed earlier, but now it makes sense, as that helps a lot, but I will still say, 10th lord in 6th house under malefic influences, and lagna lord in 6th house will show some difficulty sometime in life.

Moon is terribly afflicted in his chart, and I always felt that Jupiter’s presence there saved the Moon. In fact, I feel, Jupiter is the only planet, which can save a person from disaster by his aspects and conjunctions. But even then, with so many afflictions, he had to suffer in his Moon MD.

Malefics does well in upachaya houses, but I feel, they give a lot of struggle, too. It’s not like an easy time one can expect in such periods. So I agree with your assessment about his Rahu MD and the AD’s you have mentioned.

Basab
Last edited by Orange-Man on 15 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 14 Apr 2014

Hi Lilly,

I agree with you that malefics in the 6th house deliver good results if a raja yoga is formed, but I will even then say that the good results will come after struggles and delay. Yes, planets in upachaya houses gets better with time, I agree, as upachaya houses are growing houses.

I didn't receive the birth details, as I got my previous account deactivated and created this new account. Could you please kindly send me the birth details once more in this new id?

Basab
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 15 Apr 2014

Basab,

I agree with all your points.

You are right that in Upachaya houses malefics give good results but make the native work hard before giving good results.

Now, based on these 2 charts and also on some more I have seen, I am developing a hypothesis about Guru Chandal Yoga -

When Guru Chandal Yoga occurs in a sign that is friendly to Jupiter, then Jupiter will have the upper hand and Rahu under Jupiter's influence will give benefic good results. These 2 charts have Guru Chandal Yoga in Leo which is friendly to Jupiter, in addition to Rahu-Saturn being in 6th in your cousin's chart. hence, in these 2 charts Jupiter has an upper hand and Rahu is giving benefic effect.

On the other hand, if Guru Chandal Yoga occurs in a sign that is friendly to Rahu, then Rahu will have the upper hand and Jupiter will be tainted with Rahu's negative energy and may not give benefic effect. An example would be if Rahu-Jupiter conjunction occurs in Taurus, Rahu will have the upper hand and will taint Jupiter there.

This is still a hypothesis and we have to see more charts to see if this is correct. You can see more charts from this angle to see what you can find.

PS - Is it possible for you to provide your uncle's chart who has Guru Chandal Yoga?
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 15 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

Talking about guru chandala yoga, I agree with the points that you have mentioned. In case of my cousin, I feel we can’t yet judge the results of Jupiter. He had struggle before his Mars MD began, and after it ended, he had struggle again in the beginning of Rahu MD. So all the success that he got could be because of his Mars MD—Mars being his 2nd and 9th lord in 5th house. Yes, Mars gets debilitated there, but it has got neechbhanga, and I have always believed that a ill placed planet or an planet afflicted by natural malefics does more harm than a debilitated planet well placed and unafflicted.

I think he is doing well in his Rahu MD now after the initial difficulties, but I am not sure whether it is going as good as his Mars MD has been. I, from what little I know of astrology, can say this that it will give him good progress in career, as his Rahu is with 10th lord and 5th lord and 11th lord, giving achievements and successes and gains and growth in career, due to the raja yogas and dhana yogas, but they won’t come easy for him as it has been in his Mars MD. That is my understanding of the matter.

I will tell you my thoughts on the guru chandala yoga combination. The thing is I base my whole analysis of a chart on the basic nature of the planets, the houses, and the permutation combination of them in the chart. That’s it. I don’t analyze a chart on the basis of the yogas. So when it comes to guru chandala yoga, I will treat it as a conjunction of two planets Rahu and Jupiter. Now, how will they act? I feel it will depend on the lordship of Jupiter and also on the basis of the house, where the combination happens and the influences of the benefic and malefic planets on them and also on the basis of their natural significations.

Now, coming to the point you have mentioned, yes, if Jupiter is strong, then Jupiter’s effect will be strong, and if Rahu is strong, then Rahu’s effect will be felt more. The point is, both can give success. Rahu will make the person go for success, not bothering about scruples, while Jupiter strong will make him a success, not letting him compromise with his ideals and morality. At the end of the day both can give success. Rahu can give as much success as can Jupiter—in fact Rahu can give more success than Jupiter in this Kali Yuga.

Basab

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 16 Apr 2014

Basab,

I agree with your points.

But the house placements also matter - Taurus Rahu + Jupiter in 8th house will cause serious damage. Taurus Rahu + Jupiter in 10th house will take the person to great heights.

Leo Jupiter + Rahu in Lagna will be great. Leo Jupiter + Rahu in 12th not so great. We have seen that Leo Jupiter + Rahu in 6th and 10th houses have given good results so far at least.

Retrograde Jupiter + Rahu in Cancer in 9th? God help the native.

Rahu when benefic can give great results - yes better than Jupiter. Now I am beginning to doubt if Jupiter gives benefic results all the time - especially when retrograde.

Yet, I do know a chart where Jupiter is retrograde in Sagittarius in 5th (Leo Lagna), with Sun and Saturn (Saturn combust) in 10th and Moon in 8th, where the native has enjoyed a very happy and comfortable life in all matters.

Perhaps we should have a thread on charts that don't make sense and invite readers to offer insights on why the natives have lived a life different from what is evident from the charts. Perhaps some readers can give insights that we have missed.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 16 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

You are absolutely correct. House placement is very important. I have mentioned that, too, in my post. If Jupiter-Rahu conjunction happens in Taurus in 8th house, Rahu gets a lot of strength, being exalted there and not just that, Jupiter other than being in a malefic house, is already tainted by its lordship of 3rd and 6th house. So Jupiter is completely powerless there, and Rahu takes on the limelight.

Again, in case of Jupiter-Rahu in Taurus in 10th house, Jupiter is 5th lord in 10th house with Rahu. It actually is a raja yoga as Rahu is in a kendra with a trikona lord, and it will give great results. The negative effect of Rahu-Jupiter yoga will definitely show up in all the cases, but the extent of the negative will vary as per the lordship, and the placement and the strength of Jupiter and Rahu.

Yes, Rahu-Jupiter in Leo will be good, as Jupiter is a functional benefic for Leo ascendant and Jupiter is in a friend’s sign in Leo, so Jupiter gains strength there, and Rahu is weak being in a enemy sign.

Yes, Leo Jupiter-Rahu in 10th house is definitely good, and it has given good results being in the 6th house as well. That is true.

Jupiter, even though is a natural benefic, doesn’t give that much good results when it is a functional malefic, but it keeps the person calm even in the biggest storms, that is a blessing of Jupiter. Retro Jupiter how it acts I have not noticed, so I can’t comment on that.

Coming to the chart you have mentioned, Jupiter in 5th house in own sign is very good for education, I will say. Being retrograde it can bring slight troubles, but not much, I think. Lagna lord in 10th house is very good, but being with 7th and 8th lord, Saturn, is not good. It should have given him problem with his bosses, if he was doing a job. It can give marriage with a person whom he met in his office, or his wife is having a career, too. It will give a cold relation in marriage and ego issues will come up, too. Health issues can be there due to it to the person.

Yes, definitely a thread like that would be interesting, where charts which don’t make that much sense can be discussed in depth and tried to be understood.

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my last post: I don’t have my uncle’s birth details. The planetary placements also I don’t remember, except this that he is Libra ascendant, with Mars in 7th house in own sign, and Jupiter-Rahu in 10th house. Both Rahu and Jupiter major periods were very difficult for him. He started his career very early, though. He went abroad also, most likely in his Rahu MD. His life was much better from career perspective in his Saturn MD. Saturn in his chart is not well placed as far as I remember. It is most probably in his 8th house with Mercury.

Basab

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 18 Apr 2014

Basab,

That's the whole point about the chart with Leo Lagna - your reading of the chart is correct. But the person has enjoyed a good marriage, good career, has wealth and a good spouse regardless of transits and Dashas.

It appears that some people don't get affected by charts, while some others do.

So, if you want, you can start a thread about mystery charts and we can discuss them and also get insights from others about these charts.

About your uncle's chart, I can't say with certainty without reading the chart. But the way you describe his planetary placements, it appears to me that his 8th Saturn has tainted his exalted Jupiter and also increased the malefic powers of Rahu in 10th house. Because of his 10th house placements, he got a career early, but because Saturn's influence on Rahu and Jupiter he had a difficult Rahu and Jupiter Mahadashas. Normally, his Jupiter would have had an upper hand in Cancer but because of 8th Saturn's aspect, Rahu got upper hand and Jupiter got tainted. Hence, he got negative effects of Guru Chandal Yoga.

I have always said that Libra Lagna people don't get Mangalik Dosha, despite traditional chart readers' protests. My logic is that Mars rules both 2nd and 7th houses in Libra Lagna and aspects his sign of exaltation in 4th house. Hence, no matter where Mars is placed, it can't harm 2nd, 4th and 7th houses in a Libra Lagna chart - these are the houses related to marriage. Your uncle's chart proves it - with 8th Saturn having a malefic aspect on his 2nd house, he couldn't have enjoyed a married life. But he got married and his wife did well because of Mars in his own house in 7th.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 18 Apr 2014

Diana Ross has this ominious combination JUr in H9R4 +Rahu! Rise and fall and rise!
Rohiniranjan

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 19 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

I can understand what you mean. While studying astrology I have come across many charts like that, which didn’t make sense to me. They made me wonder why the astrology rules were not working in their cases. I am not sure on what basis those charts work. Maybe there are some combinations, which we don’t know about which nulls all the positives that are apparently showing in a chart or the negatives that are showing in it. It must be something like that or astrology as a subject will start getting questioned. My own chart is such a big mystery. So many astrologers have predicted for me but 95% of them have gone wrong. And the thing is I don't blame them now because I can't make sense of it either.

Coming to starting a thread, yes, it can be done, but I am not sure people will participate in the discussion, and then, I have not collected those charts, which didn’t make much sense to me, so I won’t be able to share them here now.

Can I see the Leo ascendant chart, which you have mentioned, if you don’t have a problem sharing the birth details here.

About my uncle’s chart I completely agree with you that Jupiter gets quite tainted by malefic influences as three natural malefics influences it—Rahu, Saturn and Mars (Mars from the 7th house aspects Jupiter in the 10th house). And Rahu being a natural malefic becomes more potent as a malefic with the other malefic influences on it.

I made his chart on the basis of the planetary placements at the year and date of his birth (time of birth, I don’t know), which I got now. Ascendant is Libra. Ketu in the 4th house, Mars in the 7th house, Saturn-Mercury in the 8th house, Sun-Moon in the 9th house, Jupiter-Rahu in the 10th house, and Venus in the 11th house.

Yes, he got married, and his married life was quite fine. But how did you know that! :shock: I don’t think I said anything about his married life to you. It is interesting, your saying that for Libra ascendant natives Mars doesn’t cause manglik dosha.

I get your point, about Mars not causing Manglik dosha for Libra ascendant people, but what happens when Mars is in the 1st house ,or 8th house, or 12th house—in those cases they would give problems in life married life, isn’t it? In 7th and 2nd house I agree there won’t be problems as they are own houses of Mars.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 19 Apr 2014

Rohini Ranjanji,

I am not sure that is Diana Ross' chart - with Mars aspecting 2nd house of speech, she couldn't have been a singer. I know this chart is floating around the Internet, but I have doubts about its correctness.

Basab,

Following are the details of the Leo Lagna chart -

(Leo Lagna)

Yes, she has Rahu in 6th, which is a great placement for Rahu. She is a medical doctor and had a love marriage with another Doctor.

The retrograde Jupiter really confounds me here, apart from the 10th house.

You said your uncle's wife did well when he was running a bad phase in life. This struck me as remarkable because he has Mars in 7th in Aries - normally, traditional astrologers would read his chart as Mangalik, but I wouldn't.

Yes, Mars aspect on his 10th Rahu makes the Angaraka Yoga active thus making Rahu extra activated.

Even if Mars is in 1st house in a Libra ascendant chart, it will aspect its own house in 7th and its exaltation house in 4th, from 8th house it will aspect its own house in 2nd and from 12th house, again it will aspect its own house in 7th. Hence, it can't harm these houses related to marriage.

This is why I say that Libra Ascendants can't be Mangalik. If they have problems in marriage, it is because of other planets.

But same can't be said of Taurus Ascendants with Mars in Scorpio in 7th - from there Mars would have a malefic aspect on 2nd house in an enemy sign and hence, the chart would be partially Mangalik - despite Mars protecting the 7th house. In such a chart, marriage would happen, but problems can develop later.
Last edited by Saindhavi on 25 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 19 Apr 2014

Dear Saindhavi ji,

This "floating around" chart is part of the Astrodienst collection which is way better than many, many, MANY others that have been and HAD been indeed FLOATING AROUND, as you rightly pointed at ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 19 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Brevity.
Rohiniranjan

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 19 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

Coming to the chart, the birth details of which you have posted:

Ascendant lord, Sun, is in the 10th house, is excellent for career. It makes her very focused about her career. Ascendant lord in the 10th house is with 2nd and 11th lord, Mercury, which means she will earn very well from her career. It is a very strong dhana yoga also, the combination of 1st and 2nd and 11th lord.

Now, Saturn, the 6th and 7th lord is in the 10th house, which means that she married someone, whom she met in her work place, or it can also mean that her husband is very supportive about her career. It can also mean, her career prospered after her marriage.

Saturn-Sun connection in the 10th house can mean problem with seniors/boss if she doing a job. It can also mean she is very dedicated and hard working about her job. As 6th lord in the 10th house, enemies can bother her in her work place, and she will be very competitive in her work environment.

The 10th lord Venus in her chart is very well placed in the 11th house with 4th and 9th lord Mercury, making one of the best raga yogas of 9th and 10th lord and very well placed in the 11th house. What can get better than that? If this chart doesn’t give success in career, which chart can we expect success from?

Coming to marriage, yes, 7th lord is placed in the 10th house with Sun and Mercury, both of which lords good houses, so no problem as such when it comes to 7th house. Sun-Saturn combination can give coldness in the marriage relation, but it won’t be much, as it is compensated by Venus-Mars combination, which gives passion in a relation. Venus-Mars combination is protected by benefic Jupiter’s aspect, so the negative traits of that will not show up for her. Married life as per the chart is very good, I will say. Her husband will do well in career and will be wealthy as 7th lord is with 2nd and 11th lord.

Moon in the 8th house is not bad, as it is 12th lord, making a VRY. And Rahu is good in 6th house, though Mars’s aspect on Rahu is not that good. It can mean she will struggle and have enemies in her Rahu MD.

Her Venus and Sun MD should have been very good. How is her Moon MD going? It should go well, I feel, other than some problems maybe sometimes, like some health issues, unnecessary expenses and disturbed mind. Her Mars MD will be very good. Rahu MD can be to some extent difficult with health issues and struggles and enemies, but overall chart being good; I don’t see much struggle for her even in that MD.

Coming to her Jupiter, I don’t find any problem with that at all. It is 5th lord in the 5th house in mutual aspect with 4th and 9th lord and 10th lord, making three raja yogas, so it can’t be bad from any angle. Retrograde planets does very negligible harm, is my belief.

Coming to Libra ascendant and Mars’s placement in 8th and 12th, is it not damaging those houses when placed there, and won’t that have an effect on marital life? 8th house is the house of marital bonding, and a malefic placed there gives problems in married life, same with a malefic placement in 12th house, as 12th house is also in a way connected to marriage. So even though from 8th house Mars will aspect the 2nd house and strengthen it, or Mars in 12th house aspecting the 7th house will strengthen it, the 8th and 12th houses will get damaged with Mars’ placement there, causing problems in married life. Mars being placed in lagna will make a person aggressive and hot headed and uncompromising, which can lead to problems in married life, even though its aspect on the 7th house from there strengthens the 7th house.

Basab

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 20 Apr 2014

Basab,

In principle, your chart reading is correct.

But consider the following - Saturn is combust in 10th. Sun-Saturn conjunction leading to Saturn's combustion causes problems in the area signified by the house - I too have this combination in my 6th house and I have faced the negative effects because of a combust Saturn in my 6th house, who is not able to completely control my enemies because of combustion.

We have seen it in innumerable charts on this forum where Sun-Saturn conjunction leads to problems.

In this chart, this combination has not produced any negative effect. Mercury has mitigated this effect to some extent, but Mercury doesn't signify Medical profession, nor does Venus in 11th signify medical profession. Mars signifies medical profession and Mars is in 11th house of financial gains, but Mars is not very effective in Gemini sign. Sun in 10th doesn't signify the medical profession either.

I collected experiences from people about retrograde Jupiter's impact in current transit and many have reported problems during this period. I myself faced severe consequences despite running the most powerful Mahadasha combination in my chart. I have also seen retrograde Jupiter causing problems in many charts on this forum. But retrograde Jupiter in this chart is benefic.

Perhaps this chart shows that retrograde Jupiter is benefic when in own or friendly sign and malefic when in an enemy's sign. In current transit now, Jupiter is in Gemini which is an enemy sign for Jupiter. In her chart, Jupiter is in own sign in a good house.

Jupiter-Moon make the Gaja Kesari Yoga in this chart. She does have wealth and a happy life, but she doesn't have fame represented by the Gaja Kesari Yoga.

Her marriage is very good, her education, career, wealth everything is very good.

Besides, see her current transit - Exalted Saturn + Rahu are 8th from her Moon sign. Retrograde Mars has been malefic in 7th from her Moon sign. But all this has no effect on her. She leads a happy life as usual.

In her entire life no Mahadasha or current transit has caused any problems for her. She has never had enemies. On the contrary, she is very popular and everyone likes her. She has never had any problems in her workplace either. She has never had any major health problems.

Perhaps some people are truly blessed and the negative traits in their charts don't matter that much. Only the positive traits give results.

Or perhaps, Rahu in 6th is the best thing to have in one's chart.

About Mars in 1st, 8th or 12th in a Libra Ascendant chart, 8th and 12th houses are houses of relationships. They are not so much houses of marriage. 2nd, 7th and 4th houses are the houses related to marriage. Hence, Mars in 8th or 12th in a Libra chart will kill relationships outside marriage and will protect the houses for marriage. Yes, Mars in Libra Ascendant will make the person hot-tempered and impulsive. But see what this placement signifies - it is the ruler of marriage represented by impulsive and hot temper influencing the Ascendant. It means there will be tempers flowing in the marriage as you have mentioned, but Mars will still protect the 4th house of domestic comforts and 7th house of marriage. The Mangalik Dosha as has often been usually described will not be effective in these combinations, because Mars will protect the 4th and 7th houses. But yes, there may be passion, fire and a lot of energy flowing in such a marriage.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 20 Apr 2014

Saindhavi ji,

I agree with you about all the points you have mentioned. Yes, the Sun-Saturn conjunction should give difficulty to some extent.

About profession, I agree that Venus and Mercury doesn’t signify medical profession.

About retrograde planets, I have not checked their results, so I can’t comment on that. It should give effects in case of this chart also, if it has done in case of other charts, which you have seen.

Current transits of Rahu and Saturn are not good, I agree with you, and they should have given their effects on her.

Some charts don’t make sense, I agree with you. I have come across some charts, too, which have not shown their effects as one would expect them to.

Coming to the manglik dosha for Libra ascendant, I get your point. I think you are right with what you have said.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 20 Apr 2014

Why is this all-consuming (at least on internet?) mangal dosha only considered generally from lagna? Or should it be considered from the moon which drives the KOOTA (make or break/brake!) considerations in many marriages in the world zone that believes in it?

What about the karakas of matrimony, Parashari and Jaimini and what about good old NAVAMSHA?

One wonders?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan