Re: Kemadruma Yoga

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Kemadruma Yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 19 Mar 2009

Hello friends,

"Kemudaram" yoga is a very common yoga. Generally, Kemudaram yoga forms when Moon is alone in a Bhava and also the adjecent Bhavas on both side are should be empty. This yoga is commonly known for its illeffects; specially about wealth. Also in Geminisutra, there is description on Kemudaram yoga.

I want to know the main situation/conditions for Kemudaram yoga and also like to have a brief discussion about its effects and its effective periods.

Thanks and regards,

J K Sharma

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemudaram yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 20 Mar 2009

Hello friend,

[quote]But one thing I have noticed for sure is that it makes the native very lonely at times. And this feeling increases as the age progresses.[/quote]

Kemudaram yoga along with wealth shows its affects on other aspects of life. As wealth/money is basic necassity for livinghood. But I want to have more dicsussion on this yoga.

Thanks and regards

J K Sharma

Basab

Post by Basab » 21 Mar 2009

I know of 3 people who have Kemandrum yoga, no planets in either side of the Moon (except Rahu and Ketu): 2 of them are financially very sound, and the 3rd person is also financially quite stable, though he has had some problems in regard to finance for quite a long period in his life. About mental unhappiness, all of them have suffered it.
Last edited by Basab on 22 Mar 2009, edited 1 time in total.

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemudaram Yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 22 Mar 2009

Dear friends,

The ongoing discussion about Kemudaram yoga is getting more interesting and I think along with wealth, the following quotes look sound:
1. [quote]But one thing I have noticed for sure is that it makes the native very lonely at times. And this feeling increases as the age progresses. [/quote] --- astrololearner.
2. [quote] To put in simpler way, Moon (mind) is standing alone...unhappy. Also Moon is nurturer of Yogas ....as no planet is getting anything from Moon.
So, some Dainya is expected. And the person is remains loner..[/quote]……. Chakra.
3. [quote] though he has had some problems in regard to finance for quite a long period in his life. About mental unhappiness, all of them have suffered it. .[/quote] … Basab.
4. [quote] One other thing (probably because of Ke in ASC) is sometimes I feel detached/demotivated to all this world but at the same time (probably because of Ra aspect on ASC from 7th house and Ju in ASC) I will get pumped up myself and want to compete against all the odds. .[/quote] …Rajk.

All the above views of forum are very valuable. Here, in first instance I was looking on Kemudaram yoga and its ill effects; especially about wealth. But the quotes of different members indicate that Kemudaram yoga has more wide illimpect-areas in native’s life. When Moon gets (in Kemudaram yoga) alone or we can say separated from other planets, it produce the loneliness. “To put in simpler way, Moon (mind) is standing alone...unhappy.

Also Moon is nurturer of Yogas ....as no planet is getting anything from Moon. ------ Charkaâ€

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemudaram Yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 24 Mar 2009

Dear Astrolearner,

Your question is: “What if Moon does not have any planets on its either side, but at the same time Moon has other planets in the same house (where Moon is in)?
Does this still constitute Kemadruma yoga?â€

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemodaram yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 25 Mar 2009

Friends,

I would like to share my observations about Kemudaram yoga:
In my case study, the Moon is alone in Virgo sign, here Rahu is in next sign i.e. Libra. Also both planets are in different bhava but adjacent. Here I have observed that; inspite of good family background and financial status; the native feel loneliness, lack of confidence, also avoid public gathering.
Maternal side is strong with immovable assets but they are unable to utilize assets effectively that could yield a nice financial returns. Overall maternal side looks surfing. Maternal uncle suffer from mental-illness from long period.

Regards

J k Sharma

Basab

Post by Basab » 26 Mar 2009

Dear dada (Chakra),

About the three natives I have talked about, one of them has been running the Moon period for the last 9 years, and the other two will start it in a year or two. None of them have inherited any maternal property; In all three cases Kemandrum yoga has got cancelled.

About the person who has has been running the Moon period, it has been good for him--the financial problems and mental stress that he had faced were in the Venus period (8th lord in the 6th house in his chart). He has been very content and in peace throughout the Moon period, and has not faced any financial problem during this period--actually it has been quite good for him financially.

In two of the three cases, the mother of the native have suffered tremendous health problems, and in the third case, the mother had died in her late fifties.

In two of the three cases, the native has been extremely close to her mother.

Basab

Post by Basab » 27 Mar 2009

Dear dada,

About the person who had financial prosperity in the Moon period: Moon is the 5th lord in the 9th house and thus forming a strong dhana yoga.

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemudaram

Post by J K Sharma » 27 Mar 2009

Friends,

Kemudaram Yoga is mentioned in BPHS, Jaimini-Sutra and Briht-Jatka, but in all these undoubted shastra’s the definition varies, Like:

BPHS: 11-13. Kema Drum Yog. Excluding SÅ«rya, should there be no Grah with Candr, or in the 2nd and/or 12th from Candr, or in a Kendr from Lagn, Kema Drum Yog is formed. One born in Kema Drum Yog will be very much reproached, will be bereft of intelligence, learning, reduced to penury and perils.
Jaimini Sutras: If evil planets are found in the 2nd and 8th houses from Janma Lagna or the Arudha Lagna, the person will suffer from Kemadruma Yoga or combination for great poverty.

Brihat Jatka: With the exception of Sun, other planets in the 2nd from Moon in the 12th from him and in the 2nd and 12th from Moon cause Sunapha, Anapha and Dhuradhura yogas respectively. If these aren’t so, many say its kemadruma. If planets are in quadrants from lagna or Moon or if Moon is combined with planets, there’s no kemadruma.

Here the main difference comes in Jaimini-sutra and others. Jaimni offer different condition i.e. about 2nd and 8th house from Moon. I have this condition in one chart. I am trying to get more details about that person, so that Jaimini’s Ky definition can be analyzed.

I request all friends, to look for the difference in Jaimini and others Ky definition.

Regards

J K Sharma

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 01 Apr 2009

Myself have kemadruma of LL Moon in Tenth,Since last one year, I am suspended from my service,(I am not accused of any grave charges )since my 43 year,yet being happy(although kalpadruma,i.e.cancellationof kemadruma)also.
I think,Kemadruma has some positive features:
a.A native being alone can do some works which may be useful for society.
Many of the great inventions were made by loners.
b.This yoga confers deep thinking,especially for the natives who are astrologers.
c.Moon being unaffected by nearby planets lets the native making best use of limited resources.
d.The person having Kemadruma suffers in first half of his life but enjoys second half as he matures .
e.Struggle (long and alone)is an essential feature of this Yoga,those who win,enjoy the fruits of their labour.
P.S.I joined service during Mars-Moon,at the age of 23 rd year,as such Moon is lucky for me.

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemudaram yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 28 Jun 2009

[quote="revribhav"]Myself have kemadruma of LL Moon in Tenth,Since last one year, I am suspended from my service,(I am not accused of any grave charges )since my 43 year,yet being happy(although kalpadruma,i.e.cancellationof kemadruma)also.
I think,Kemadruma has some positive features:
a.A native being alone can do some works which may be useful for society.
Many of the great inventions were made by loners.
b.This yoga confers deep thinking,especially for the natives who are astrologers.
c.Moon being unaffected by nearby planets lets the native making best use of limited resources.
d.The person having Kemadruma suffers in first half of his life but enjoys second half as he matures .
e.Struggle (long and alone)is an essential feature of this Yoga,those who win,enjoy the fruits of their labour.
P.S.I joined service during Mars-Moon,at the age of 23 rd year,as such Moon is lucky for me.[/quote]

These are very valuable notations and I think, we should study and look on all astro-yogas in very deep.

Thanks

KRN

Post by KRN » 10 Jan 2010

Dear all,

Reading the above posts, I feel so happy to be among friends :-)

I am not sure whether I have Kemadruma Yoga. One astrologer said I have it. I have Moon in the 2nd house, without any planets in the 1st and 3rd house. But my moon is in Parivartana with Saturn in the 8th house.

I have experienced all these things throughout my life - loneliness, an inability to make myself understood, people and colleagues thinking me standoffish and a loner and isolating me, getting mentally depressed periodically, lack of friends...

But on the positive side, I have developed an inner world and dreams in my childhood. Also I have a capacity to be detached from whatever happens to me outside...so even matters that others think a huge sorrow I don't feel likewise...unless it's causing me physical pain!!!

KRN

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Kemudaram yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 11 Jan 2010

Hi,

[quote]But on the positive side, I have developed an inner world and dreams in my childhood. Also I have a capacity to be detached from whatever happens to me outside...so even matters that others think a huge sorrow I don't feel likewise...unless it's causing me physical pain!!!
[/quote]

This because of Satrun aspects Moon. When Satrun aspects moon, it makes a person to have less intersts in outworld.

Regards

KRN

Re: Kemudaram yoga

Post by KRN » 11 Jan 2010

[quote="J K Sharma"]Hi,

[quote]But on the positive side, I have developed an inner world and dreams in my childhood. Also I have a capacity to be detached from whatever happens to me outside...so even matters that others think a huge sorrow I don't feel likewise...unless it's causing me physical pain!!!
[/quote]

This because of Satrun aspects Moon. When Satrun aspects moon, it makes a person to have less intersts in outworld.

Regards[/quote]

Sharmaji....As I learn more and more in astrology, I am realizing that there's a reason behind everything!

One more thing to add to that list is. Lack of confidence. Especially in mingling with the public and public speaking in general. Recently I started reciting Hanuman Chalisa and it has worked wonders for my confidence. Hanuman's effect on Saturn perhaps?

Rgds
Krn

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 11 Jan 2010

Good discussion.

I have Moon in 6H (Leo lagna) without any planets in 5th or 7th house but Moon is aspected by Ju from 10H, Ma from 3H and Sa from 12H. In fact Moon is in parivartana yoga with Sa.

In navamsa, Moon is conj Ra and Sa in 9H (vargottama Moon) with Me in 8H and Ve in 10H.

I always thought kemadruma is cancelled because of Jupiter's benefic aspect in rasi chart and with Ve/Me in navamsa.

Moon dasa - I was quite young, cannot differentiate its affects. I had such a high temper and a short fuse, people around me used to tremble :D Probably because of Mars aspect on Moon. It continued until I was twenty - all through Moon and then Mars maha dasa.

Maternal Property - my mother has some property on her name which came to her from my father after his death.

Loneliness - Of course, with such a heavy influence of Sa, both in rasi and D9 - I am a loner at heart and literally too; I hardly have any close friends and I am fierce in defending my few close personal relationships. A serious person too.

My experience is although there are cancellation factors, I still feel the affects of a lonely Moon - bouts of depression, extreme mood swings, loneliness, etc.

Hope this adds to other's experiences.

Details: 02, Oct 1976; 03:02 AM; Bhimavaram (AP)

- Satya

PS: Moon has many planets in kendra from it - another cancellation factor.

J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kemudaram Yoga

Post by J K Sharma » 09 Mar 2010

[quote]One more thing to add to that list is. Lack of confidence. Especially in mingling with the public and public speaking in general. Recently I started reciting Hanuman Chalisa and it has worked wonders for my confidence. Hanuman's effect on Saturn perhaps?
[/quote]

Dear KRN,

I am agree with your above view about lack of confidence because of Kemudaram yoga. Still, we need to confirm this yoga from more charts.

Thnx

J K Sharma

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 22 Mar 2010

I do have such placement of moon i.e no planet in 2/12 house from moon, moon is aspected by jupiter , mars and saturn and it is aspecting to mars saturn in 5 th house. yes it happens that some times i feel very lonely but the fact is i dont want to be surrounded by others everytime. I am staying outsine my hometown and here I have many friends with whom i can share my room but still I like to live seperately and as saturn is aspecting my moon I dont have much interest in outworld I enjoy uninterrupted privacy with net surfing , watching TV, Reading books etc.

My Birth details r -
DOB:-23-jul-1984
Time: 4:53 Am
Place- lucknow

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Jun 2010

Dear astrologers:

How strong is the kemadruma yoga in my case? What are its bad effects and good effects if any?
I am actually running my chandra dasa budha bhukti. Do I have kalsarp yoga?

Dev 1-2-62 Feb 1, 1962 2.30am New Delhi

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 07 Jul 2010

One main feature is being bereft of wealth - did any of you experience financial hardships any time during your life time?

I thought I will never be lacking basic things in life - like food and shelter. But for few days in last couple of years, I had faced serious financial hardships had to manage with bare minimum necessities. I am now mentally getting used to it, so less pain than before the myth of well-being is crashed.

I guess Moon without any support on either side has less expectations - all through the time I lived with bare minimum, I never turned away from hardships. Resigned acceptance.

Of course, it is not just Moon but my LL Sun and 2H are also under harsh aspects of Saturn. Thankfully, good Jupiter aspects all of them - I guess it just about keeps some food in my mouth although my days of prosperity are long gone.

How I wish Rahu and Saturn just disappear from my chart - all woes vanish by a flash!!!

- Satya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Jul 2010

I would share my own experience since I have this yoga. I am in fact running chandra dasa since 2004. I have never felt problems on money matters right from my birth though of course during school college days, I used to teach to get more money. Loneliness and mental tension of course is very much there especially in this chandra dasa, I almost feel there is no one else in this world, in fact I have very few relatives with whom the I am not in talking terms especially in the last 4 years. Also, there has been misunderstanding with my friends. I dont talk to anyone at office, anyone at home, no relative and no friends. I just talk to my sister in Canada, she calls once a month. Then another sister's son who comes on chat. Then few words to my brother, then a friend who visits my house once a month and then it is the shopkeepers when I buy something.

Dev 1-2-62 New Delhi 2.30am

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 07 Jul 2010

Good day to you Dev ji,

Let me assure you that there is no Kala Sarpa Yoga in the chart. As far as KemuDruma yoga is concerned is concerned, Yes it does exist in your horoscope and in its full form fulfilling the entire conditions of the dictum. However I would like to quote some lines from "Yoga Pushpanjali" written by Sunita Jha she says, And I Quote,

the existance of this yoga does not necessarily imply that the native concerned shall be a mendicant or a lunatic or suffer through the acts of moral turpitude. on a esoteric plane he may pass through a peculiar impulse of restlessness without knowing what he wants despite having all porsperity, power, prestige, and public acknowledgements. when the yoga manifests in a horoscope the native may lead a secluded life despite having all pleasures of life. It could also induce a certain eccentric behaviour in the native.

There is a chance that there is a cancellation of this yoga in the horoscope since the Moon is in the lagna. But the condition for cancellation is not entirely fulfilled since there is no benefic aspect on the moon from any benefic planet.

Trust this helps,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 07 Jul 2010

was going to post this and you already answered all the questions I had in my mind. :)
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Jul 2010

Dear Astroboy:

Thanks for the explanation. You are too well read in astrology and come up with some quotations everytime. You have explained it nicely. I do hope the situation changes soon, since I dont like being this way though the present condition has given me no other alternative than to remain so.

Dev