Pitro dosh

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
jay1123
Contributor
Contributor
Pitro dosh

Post by jay1123 » 02 Jun 2013

What is pitru dosh ? Why would ancestors curse their children irrespective of how they die ? Any clue ? Can sun - saturn at 7th house from each other cause pitru dosh ?

explorings
Donor
Donor

Re: Pitro dosh

Post by explorings » 02 Jun 2013

Just mutual aspect of Sun and Saturn does not cause pitru dosha. Are both of them adversely placed? 9H should be adversely afflicted for pitra dosha. So you also need to check status of 9H and 9L.

A classical case of Pitra dosha is afflicted Sun conjunct with Rahu in 9H along with affliction/adversely placed 9L, confirming the same.

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Post by moksha line » 02 Jun 2013

Hi explorings,

how about 9L venus in 12th house conjunct saturn and rahu.. does it contribute to pitra dosh?

jay1123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jay1123 » 02 Jun 2013

explorings wrote:Just mutual aspect of Sun and Saturn does not cause pitru dosha. Are both of them adversely placed? 9H should be adversely afflicted for pitra dosha. So you also need to check status of 9H and 9L.

A classical case of Pitra dosha is afflicted Sun conjunct with Rahu in 9H along with affliction/adversely placed 9L, confirming the same.
But why would such a case come up ? I dont understand who is this yoga formed for ? The only valid line I've come across somewhere is that such dosha occurs if a person kills himself without going through his life, in which case I'm able to extract some sense. Not sure if it is true ?

explorings
Donor
Donor

moksha line wrote:Hi explorings,

how about 9L venus in 12th house conjunct saturn and rahu.. does it contribute to pitra dosh?

How can we deduce it with such an incomplete information. Where is Venus placed? What is it's strength? Are saturn and rahu malefic in the chart? Is Sun afflicted?

As I said earlier mere conjunction of Rahu with Sun or Rahu with 9L does not imply Pitra dosha

explorings
Donor
Donor

jay1123 wrote:
explorings wrote:Just mutual aspect of Sun and Saturn does not cause pitru dosha. Are both of them adversely placed? 9H should be adversely afflicted for pitra dosha. So you also need to check status of 9H and 9L.

But why would such a case come up ? I dont understand who is this yoga formed for ? The only valid line I've come across somewhere is that such dosha occurs if a person kills himself without going through his life, in which case I'm able to extract some sense. Not sure if it is true ?
For that you need to analyze D60... it's a key to all your whys.

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

explorings wrote:

How can we deduce it with such an incomplete information. Where is Venus placed? What is it's strength? Are saturn and rahu malefic in the chart? Is Sun afflicted?

As I said earlier mere conjunction of Rahu with Sun or Rahu with 9L does not imply Pitra dosha
I was asking that for a capricorn ascendant, sun in 11th..

Btw, does Rahu have aspects? If so, rahu's aspect on sun causes affliction?

Regards

explorings
Donor
Donor

moksha line wrote:
explorings wrote:

I was asking that for a capricorn ascendant, sun in 11th..

Btw, does Rahu has aspects? If so, rahu's aspect on sun causes affliction?

Regards
Please provide birth details.

Rahu aspects are similar to that of Ju, i.e. 5/7/9 house aspects.

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

explorings wrote:
Hi,

Are you very positive on this? Many astrologers say rahu and ketu aspect only 7th.. and many others say rahu and ketu have no aspects .. if you can provide a sound reason then, I can spread the message which is true..

Regards

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 03 Jun 2013

moksha line wrote:
explorings wrote:
Hi,

Are you very positive on this? Many astrologers say rahu and ketu aspect only 7th.. and many others say rahu and ketu have no aspects .. if you can provide a sound reason then, I can spread the message which is true..

Regards

Yes you are right, some astrologers take only 7th aspect of Rahu while other say that because they are shadow planets they have no aspects. Some astrologers even state that Rahu gives 12th aspects and all aspects should be counted anti-clockwise. However, in my experience after viewing several horoscopes... predicting with Rahu 5/7/9 aspects seem more correct.

Since it is not the topic of this thread, it will be better for you to follow-up your questions on this thread: http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =919#p4431, which is more apt for this topic.

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Post by moksha line » 03 Jun 2013

sure do.. I will follow it there.. Thanks for the link

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Post by navall » 04 Jun 2013

Dear exploring,

what is your take on my chart

Virgo asc.
mars in 9th house
venus afflicted in navamsa
Sun+rahu in 8th

6 may,1985
4.15 pm
Ambala 76.49,30.19
Warm Regards,

Naval

bhasg08
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by bhasg08 » 19 Aug 2013

[quote="navall"]Dear exploring,

what is your take on my chart

Virgo asc.
mars in 9th house
venus afflicted in navamsa
Sun+rahu in 8th

6 may,1985
4.15 pm
Ambala 76.49,30.19[/quote]
How was your education?
Did you get some problems in getting your education.
Do you think that your parents or siblings are taking decisions for you .....

jay1123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jay1123 » 21 Aug 2013

[quote="moksha line"]sure do.. I will follow it there.. Thanks for the link[/quote]
Dear All

I believe this discussion is taking a different path.

Can someone please elaborate on why pitro dosh occurs... after reading the question again ?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 21 Aug 2013

I have read that pitru dosh is not due to their curse but it is the sins that has been carried over for few generations which is passed on to you and that you need to do strong parihara to dilute or get rid of it.
Unless you get rid of it, it could again pass on to next generation, so it could be sins committed by someone a few generations before which passes on till the 7th generation is reached. So it is like you are paying for sins of one of the ancestors and the reason said is since you are all interconnected and that you could have been one of your own ancestors in earlier birth.

Also it is said when more that 3 malefics are associated with the benefics, (mainly the 9th lord), then there is pitru dosha.

They can be destroyed by doing gau seva, donating to gau shala, donating cows to temples/a brahmin who takes care of them, by doing huge charity work - helping destitutes, old age homes, mentally retarded people, widows, physically handicapped and so on.

Dev