Dhan Yogas - Are you rich? The Big Question!

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor
Dhan Yogas - Are you rich? The Big Question!

Post by Astrodude » 22 May 2013

The MoneY MakInG YogA!

So you think you have a Dhan Yoga, do you?

Let us check now...

Look in your Rasi chart for the following and follow closely :!: and you might know you'll be rich or not 8)

# :arrow:

First you need to know the Dhan Yoga creating houses. They are the 1st house, 2nd house, 5th house, 9th house and the 11th house. Don't ask me why and even if you do, I'm not telling you!

When the planets ruling these houses,
(i) are in conjunction,
(ii) mutually aspecting each other,
(iii) singly aspecting,
(iv) or placed in one of these houses, a Dhan yoga is formed. The conjunctions and mutual aspects are more powerful if they happen in one of the Dhan Yoga creating houses. In general, You need to have Dhan yogas to make money. So typically, everyone has em! Even a begger too. :wink:

Now, to get filthy rich, you need to have lots of dhan yoga combinations forming in dhan yoga houses and the planets forming these yogas should be well placed and powerful to bring you your money. Whatever profession you are in, You'll make more money only if the above condition is satisfied. :|

If A, then B
If no A, then no B

#Legend
A :arrow: Dhan Yoga
B :arrow: Money $$

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dhan Yogas - Are you rich? The Big Question!

Post by moksha line » 24 May 2013

Hello Astrodude,
Astrodude wrote:The MoneY MakInG YogA!

Let us check now...

Look in your Rasi chart for the following and follow closely :!: and you might know you'll be rich or not 8)

First you need to know the Dhan Yoga creating houses. They are the 1st house, 2nd house, 5th house, 9th house and the 11th house. Don't ask me why and even if you do, I'm not telling you!

(i) are in conjunction,
(iii) singly aspecting,
(iv) or placed in one of these houses, a Dhan yoga is formed. The conjunctions and mutual aspects are more powerful if they happen in one of the Dhan Yoga creating houses. In general, You need to have Dhan yogas to make money. So typically, everyone has em! Even a begger too. :wink:

Now, to get filthy rich, you need to have lots of dhan yoga combinations forming in dhan yoga houses and the planets forming these yogas should be well placed and powerful to bring you your money. Whatever profession you are in, You'll make more money only if the above condition is satisfied.
Well, Check this out:
Feb 27, 1932
2:30 (=2:30 am)
London, UK.

The native was soooo rich...But, All this person had was ONE dhan yoga... Jupiter, lord of 2H and 5H in 9H... :roll:
She didn't have "lots" of Dhan yoga combos...but yup, she had a powerful one!

So, just because a person has "only one" of this yoga doesn't mean he/she has less chances of being rich....or just because a person has "many" of this yoga doesn't mean that he/she will be "filthy" rich.

btw, the above are the details of Elizabeth Taylor :)
-thank you

Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astrodude » 24 May 2013

moksha line wrote:Hello Astrodude,

Let us check now...

(i) are in conjunction,
(iii) singly aspecting,

Now, to get filthy rich, you need to have lots of dhan yoga combinations forming in dhan yoga houses and the planets forming these yogas should be well placed and powerful to bring you your money. Whatever profession you are in, You'll make more money only if the above condition is satisfied.
Well, Check this out:
Feb 27, 1932
2:30 (=2:30 am)
London, UK.

The native was soooo rich...But, All this person had was ONE dhan yoga... Jupiter, lord of 2H and 5H in 9H... :roll:
She didn't have "lots" of Dhan yoga combos...but yup, she had a powerful one!

So, just because a person has "only one" of this yoga doesn't mean he/she has less chances of being rich....or just because a person has "many" of this yoga doesn't mean that he/she will be "filthy" rich.

btw, the above are the details of Elizabeth Taylor :)
-thank you
Greetings Moksha line,

If you look at that chart properly, You'll find the following

(i) 2nd and 5th lord Jupiter in 9th Exalted and Retrograde. (powerful dhan yoga since it mutally aspects saturn(own house) which is 4th lord creating a powerful Raja yoga aswell)

(ii) Mars(1st lord) and Mercury(11th lord) in 4th house which is owned by saturn.

So, there are two dhan Yogas happening here and not one and 3 planets in total are involved. This is just in Rasi chart. In navamsa, some dhan yogas are happening.

But considering the D1 alone, see how her dashas started. It started with Jupiter, then Saturn and Mercury! Now, you know why. 12 years+ 18 years + 18 years. All these dhan yogas are continuously activated throughout these periods.

And if you see her NBC chart, her dhan yogas are still there on the exact same place and this makes the yogas more strong.

In general, She would have amassed a lot of inherited property being in the royal bloodline! So, if you take into consideration all these facts, seems perfectly legit to me.

Btw, This concept of dhan yogas is simple.. What I wanted to do was to write about how these things work out. I'll follow up with several views about these yogas and how they manifest and how to check if they work or not in the following posts..

Cheers,
Astrodude

kalpaselva

Post by kalpaselva » 24 May 2013

is given below status form the dhana yoga?!!!!!
for Pisces Ascendant - 2nd and 9th lord Mars(debilitated,retrograde & vargotama) in 5th house has mutual aspect with 11th house and its lord saturn. Lagna lord and 10th lord Jup in 7th aspecting 11th house by 5th aspect.
But 3rd and 8th lord venus ( functional malefic) is along with saturn in 11th house.

bob_astrologer

Post by bob_astrologer » 24 May 2013

Let us check now...

Look in your Rasi chart for the following and follow closely and you might know you'll be rich or not

#

(i) are in conjunction,
(iii) singly aspecting,
(iv) or placed in one of these houses, a Dhan yoga is formed. The conjunctions and mutual aspects are more powerful if they happen in one of the Dhan Yoga creating houses. In general, You need to have Dhan yogas to make money. So typically, everyone has em! Even a begger too.

If A, then B
If no A, then no B

#Legend
A Dhan Yoga
B Money $$
Excellent Write-up! Yeah, even beggars have dhan yogas. That's why some beggars earn more money than their counterparts!

Cheers! :)

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Post by moksha line » 25 May 2013

Hi Astrodude,

Oh damn, i missed the second point :oops: i guess i was making a fool of myself. :lol:
And the explanation was awesome...

And, Yogas in divisional charts are never taken into account!

Umm..royal bloodline?? She was an actress....hard money 8)

-thank you :)

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 25 May 2013

so retrograde doesn't ruin a Dhan Yoga? (as in Elizabeth Taylor's retro. Jupiter's case)

I have 11th lord venus in 9th, exalted, but retrograde.... and some people have told me it's "ruined" because retrograde is more like it's in the 8th.
....but then other sites say thats not the case. Just looking to clarify it here.

I also have 2nd lord together with 5th lord in the 10th. 2nd lord exalted, 5th lord in own sign.
Rahu is present though....but in nakshatra of venus, who is 11th and 4th lord. - also I figure since rahu expands things, it's helping in the long run...though maybe eclipsing them at first until a bit later in my life?

And could the 8th lord be considered like a secondary Dhan yoga giver? - not as strong as the 1st,2,5,9 or 11th lords in regards to wealth of course. But could deal with inheritance? or receiving money from government/lones,tax returns,etc?

Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astrodude » 25 May 2013

GNE wrote:so retrograde doesn't ruin a Dhan Yoga? (as in Elizabeth Taylor's retro. Jupiter's case)

I have 11th lord venus in 9th, exalted, but retrograde.... and some people have told me it's "ruined" because retrograde is more like it's in the 8th.
....but then other sites say thats not the case. Just looking to clarify it here.

I also have 2nd lord together with 5th lord in the 10th. 2nd lord exalted, 5th lord in own sign.
Rahu is present though....but in nakshatra of venus, who is 11th and 4th lord. - also I figure since rahu expands things, it's helping in the long run...though maybe eclipsing them at first until a bit later in my life?

And could the 8th lord be considered like a secondary Dhan yoga giver? - not as strong as the 1st,2,5,9 or 11th lords in regards to wealth of course. But could deal with inheritance? or receiving money from government/lones,tax returns,etc?
See, there is a theory that if a planet is exalted and retro, it acts or turns out to be debilitated. But if you see her chart, Venus is exalted in Pisces. Period!

Regards,
Astrodude

Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astrodude » 25 May 2013

Dhan Yogas and their Effects:

When can we become rich? If we have powerful Dhan yogas in our chart. If that is so, how can we measure it physically. How can we come to know whether the Dhan yoga is working for us or not. If we ponder deep, we might arrive at numerous situations. I'll try to pick up a couple of those situations and work on it till I get satisfied with my own answers. You may form your own conclusions.

We all know about the stories of certain great people who have struggled in the early stages of life and then went on to become multi-millionaires post 35 years of age. If that is the case, then they must not have had enough money at the beginning. How does that satisfy the Dhan yoga equation then? Maybe, the earlier dashas did not contain Dhan yogas. But what about the Antar dashas? It is quite complex but not so at the same time. Maybe the Dhan Yogas was in Upachaya house? Well..

Now, there is this nerd we all know about; in our schooldays. That one person from a middle class family who did not have enough pocket money to spend but had high enough masala in his head to get straight A's in all subjects. All of a sudden, this conservative and middle class nerdy boy lands a high paying job and starts to climb the money ladder! Now, how do you account for the Dhan yogas acting in his chart?

I am not talking examples and explaining why so and so is happening. But, let us pause for a second here and think about it. Think about it deeply! Maybe, an experienced veteran astrologer may not need to think too deep. But considering myself and some of you others, who may know only little astrology, lets think deeper!

Where do I land up? Well, do you consider a person has Dhan yogas only when he starts to earn from a profession or do you consider the amount of money in his pocket or bank locker even before he starts to earn???

What about the lump amount of cash that a Rich kid gets as a pocket money from his rich dad(Robert T kiyosaki ;-))? Or the lump amount of cash some kids get even if his dad is not rich? Maybe he steals!

Now where do we draw a line and say 'this is how the Dhan yoga acts!'?

I don't know and I am not sure about it. What do you think?

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 25 May 2013

But I thought the Dhan yoga was being formed from 2nd/5th lord Jupiter which was retrograde, not venus?
So I wondered if it was giving the Dhan yoga, though it's retrograde.

Another question,
if a planet shifts in the Bhava chalit chart, but creates a better dhan yoga where it shifts too - does that count as a Dhan yoga or not?
example: 11th lord in 9th, but in Bhava chalit, it shifts into 10th and becomes conjunct with 2nd and 5th lord who were sitting in 10th.

The Lonely Wolf

Post by The Lonely Wolf » 25 May 2013

Hi,

Venus getting exalted in Jupiter's house will power up Jupiter in this case...

Regards,
The Lonely wolf :--)

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 26 May 2013

Let us check now...

(i) are in conjunction,
(iii) singly aspecting,

Now, to get filthy rich, you need to have lots of dhan yoga combinations forming in dhan yoga houses and the planets forming these yogas should be well placed and powerful to bring you your money. Whatever profession you are in, You'll make more money only if the above condition is satisfied. :|

If A, then B
If no A, then no B

#Legend
A :arrow: Dhan Yoga
B :arrow: Money $$

that is a good write-up on dhana yogas.
some more consdierations...that I would propose are following:

--look at the strnegth of the participating planets as listed above in the dasavarga charts throuhg the amsabala.....the higher the strength...the greater the fructifiction of the yogas....

--we may still find people who do not have any of those listed yogas prominently develped and yet might be super rich...reasons?......Moon...the karak for wealth.
.--a strong moon such as in own house or exalted and especially so......in the houes of wealth as listed in the original post i.e 1,2,5,11 and 9 will bring wealth.....throuhg good luck / inheritences and sources other than ones own earnings....
and if exalted or swakshetra in navamsa same effect.....and if both in Rasi and navamsa....it is a super strong case.

--look for yogas formed between Moon and his friends chandra-mangal, gaj-kesari and sun-moon....throuhg conjunctions, associations and mutual kendra.....will bring wealth...stronger the strength of these planets in rasi and dasavarga the greater the fructification.

--then look for all the above yogas listed in original post and in my post from the chandra lagna.......chandra is a very strong karak and as an aternative lagna forms an entire new set of permutations .

--look at the strength of lagna....lagna lord....it's dispositor, it's dispositor in navamsa and the navamsa lagna......if any / all of these are superstrong.....such as swakshetra / exalation...wealth will flow in.

--look for the strength of Jupiter in rasi or navamsa...secondary karak for wealth....if well placed this in itself is a good welath yoga..
the diffrence between moon and jupiter thouhg is moon brings a lot of good luck / destiny invoked welath yogas.....and Jupiter invokes more self work invoked wealth.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astrodude » 26 May 2013

Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for the input.

For Wealth,
Chandra --> Karak no1
Jupiter --> Karak no2

However, I think we should draw a line between the waxing and the waning moon here.. It changes things around.

Well, many say Jupiter does not give wealth but then this is just a misinterpretation for something else that might be going on in the chart. In my opinion, Jupiter not only gives just wisdom and knowledge, but wealth as well!

A wise man knows how to make money and others who complain otherwise are not so wise..

Remember King Solomon

Anyways, to conclude briefly, all the things in a chart go hand in hand and its design is surely a wonderful one. Created by the ultimate God!

Cheers,
Astrodude

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 26 May 2013

Astrodude,

Jupiter is the Karak for dhan or wealth. There is none other than Jupi. Other's are lesser karaks, like Moon is mudra karak - for cash, Mars is bhoomi karak - for land and building. So on an so for forth.
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

Agora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agora » 26 May 2013

Last edited by Agora on 20 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astrodude » 26 May 2013

Some important Factors concerning Dhan yogas or Gettng Rich!

Now, laying out the rules for the Dhan yoga formation is easy and checking for the combos in a chart is also kindergarten stuff. But, to interpret how they work out in a native's life and unfold is another thing!

The first and most important thing to look is the parents of the individual. That will say a lot about the native and how will rich he will be. Now, don't get me wrong but the majority of the cases will be accurate if we know the family status initially and also the parents. But, in some cases, even the pain of growing up without parents or bad parents or 'not so good' parents will also push the native to attain higher status and hoard a greater amount of wealth. But, there are variations.

These variations do not have much deviation in most of the cases where the parents are rich in the beginning itself. So, knowing about this and the bloodline is important. This is the single reason why I do not recommend a phone consultation or an online consultation. But this is completely my personal opinion and I do not wish the same to be dumped on your head. So do not get me wrong or offended if you beg to differ in your views. I completely respect that! :-)

Not that also, but knowing the appearance of the native is also essential in certain analyses but not always and not mandatory for the Dhan yoga or wealth accumulation part, atleast. :|

And another important thing is how the dashas start in your life as it plays a very important part in how you turn out to be in reality!

If you have followed the previous posts you would have known that the two important karaks for wealth are as follows:
:idea: Jupiter
:idea: Moon

Here, Jupiter should be 'Well Placed' and with good strength! No matter how many Dhan yogas you have, this condition should be fulfilled.

Now, don't get me wrong. Im not implying a debilitated Jupiter without any neecha bhanga will not make an individual rich!

Read on :arrow: Jupiter must be strong for 'self-made' wealth! :mrgreen:

I know people who have a debilitated Jupiter without any Neecha Bhanga who are filthy rich! It is all about inheritance. Even though their wisdom is down along with education, they have lots of wealth and they usually set up small scale business to show that they are also doing something :wink:

Cheers,
Astrodude

P S :arrow: This post is dedicated for my astrology loving friend who follows Lenda Goodmen book :P

Agora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agora » 28 May 2013

Last edited by Agora on 20 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

The Lonely Wolf

Post by The Lonely Wolf » 29 May 2013

Why don't you analyse yourself? What is the reason this person has posted this thread then? It is very simple once u read em to identify the dhan yogas.. If you have any other complex questions .. Please ask.. Even I will help clear it!

Regards,
The Lonely wolf

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vikram_ultimate » 30 May 2013

Many of them say that Jupiter does not do well in dusthanas but I have actually observed it the other way ,I mean I have seen many horoscopes with Jupiter in 6th house having lot of money ?

rocky004

Post by rocky004 » 31 May 2013

My birth detail
date-31/03/1991
time-11:30 pm
place-harij,gujarat
have i powerful dhan yoga in my horoscope??
Please help.....

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Post by moksha line » 08 Jun 2013

vikram_ultimate wrote:Many of them say that Jupiter does not do well in dusthanas but I have actually observed it the other way ,I mean I have seen many horoscopes with Jupiter in 6th house having lot of money ?
U cannot generalize jupiter in 6th just like that..

Maybe Jupiter is causing a strong VRY..

Maybe Jupiter is causing many dhan yogas in 6th..

Maybe Jupiter is very well placed in the navamsa...

Lots of other factors u have to look :-)

Regards,
Moksha Line

archer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archer » 30 Jun 2013

Hi
Do i have lakshmi yoga in my chart? Relation between Ascendant and 11th lords, either by combination or by aspects. This is called ‘Lakshmi Yoga’ by Indian astrologers, which is a symbol of a rich man.

I have jupiter in 9th house, satrun ( retro) in 3rd house, I am sag and pisces asc. when i checked Jhora software it did not show this yoga. any comments?

sachinder
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinder » 30 Jun 2013

can you explain the effect of retro and debil Jupiter in 12th house.it is also lord of 2nd and 11th house.please will be obliged
aq asc

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sg07 » 02 Jul 2013

I'm an Aries ascendant with 9th lord Jupiter in 9th house,11th lord Saturn in 2nd house and 1st lord Mars in 5th house but I don't consider myself to be rich.I was born in a middle class family and been through rough times money wise.I have a comfortable life now but have seen quite ups and downs since my Jupiter Mahadasha started 10 years back.But I never had a steady comfortable life.Sometimes I had enough money but sometimes nothing....Is there anything in my chart hindering my dhana yoga?
DOB:19 sep 1972
Time:20:19
Place:New Delhi

rgds
SG

archer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archer » 24 Jul 2013

Can anybody tell how many dhana yoga or combinations in this chart?

22-11-1971
time : 15.35, chennai, India