Uchcha Bhanga Yoga

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
Re: Uchcha Bhanga Yoga

Post by Basab » 29 Jul 2008

Hi Krishna,

What does B.V. Raman say about this combination? I mean what is the effect of this combination on the person having it in his birth chart?

I have read that if any other planet is conjunct with one of the exalted planets the negative effect of the Uccha Bhangya yoga is reduced; does B.V. Raman mention it in his book?

Another question: If 2 debiliated planets are in mutual aspect is it Neech Bhangya raja yoga for both the planets?
Last edited by Basab on 30 Jul 2008, edited 2 times in total.

Basab

Post by Basab » 29 Jul 2008

I have seen 3 charts with this combination and so very interested in knowing more about this combination. :o

Basab

Post by Basab » 30 Jul 2008

I can't recollect in which book I have read it but I clearly remember this rule that when a planet conjoin either one or both of the exalted planets in mutual aspect it either weakens the yoga or cancels the yoga(I can't remember whether it weakens or cancels the yoga).

Basab

Post by Basab » 04 Aug 2008

Looking at the chart of the native it seems like he/she has done her studies in technical line.

Jupiter is involved in a Gajakesari yoga so it should give good results in its dasha…

Astromaster, what exactly is her problem…?

Ashok
Contributor
Contributor

Uccha Bhanga

Post by Ashok » 05 May 2009

Hi Krishna & others,

This is with regard to "Uccha Bhanga"

One person I know has Moon in Cancer with Jupiter; Mars and Saturn
are in Capricorn. Note the Gajakesari Yoga and the Hamsa, Sasa and Ruchaka Mahapurusha Yogas. Also note the swakshetra moon in association with 3 exalted planets.

In brief, he started his life poor, managed to get a job, hang on to it
and very gradually, rose to a modest level of comfort and wealth.

However, he has always been noted for his cheerful poise & detachment . He has always been simple, affectionate and helpful. He supported his mother till her last days. He is totally self made. Now a retired senior citizen, he is modestly well off and all his children are well settled.

I give the above example to illustrate that the uccha bhanga axiom should not be taken literally.

In all probability, the man is where he is today because of all those exalted & swakshetra planets. He started from scratch and has crawled up the hard way. However, it is certainly likely that the "great success" one usually associates with exalted planets is missing in his case, perhaps because of the "uccha bhanga effect" ie: several exalted planets aspecting each other may engage in a sort of "tug of war" diluting their benefic effects considerably.

Contrast this with a man who had only one exalted planet - Jupiter
alone exalted in the 2nd house aspecting sun, moon, merc & Rahu in the 6th in Scorpio - he started from scratch and ended a millionaire, though he does not live like one :D

Regards,

Ashok
Last edited by Ashok on 06 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amitns » 28 Aug 2013

One reason why UB does not apply for mars jupiter combination may be that jupiter and mars are natural friends, whereas saturn and sun are strong enemies.