Combination of Mars and Saturn

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Combination of Mars and Saturn

Post by Anjaneya » 05 Jun 2012

Spidey, You have Guru-Chandal too. Hope you understand :D

rajath25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajath25 » 05 Jun 2012

Hope some body will analyze my chart too wrt this combination-

"I too have SA-MA combination that too in the 7th house; and making it bad is the aspect of exalted 8th lord Venus for Pisces lagna. I too have explosive emotional flare-ups and during those times I am not in control of myself.

It does not stop there...I am running Ju-Ve period and again started SA transit over natal position (due to Saturn retrograde). Only GOD knows the problems that I have gone through in the last 2-3 years. Its been mostly related to relationships. I got married and had a lovely daughter as well; But truth be told, marriage is one of the worst decisions that I have ever taken in my life so far in hindsight.

Shilpa ji and other esteemed astrologers of this forum, please shed some light on this disastrous combination happening in the 7th house of my natal chart. I know I will be running SA dasha in about 5 years or so. but just the thought of it is so frightening. I wish I knew the sin that I committed which has brought upon this curse on me.

I suppose I am requesting for help in dealing with this horrible combination.

Regards
Rajath
"

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 05 Jun 2012

I hadn't seen this post when I posted this. I guess I got my answer...

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =5&t=15625

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 05 Jun 2012

Rajath25,

In your case, Saturn is benefic for your 7th house and Mars is causing trouble in marriage. However, Saturn's aspect on the Lagna and both Saturn's and Mars' aspect on Venus is not Good.

Read Hanuman Chalisa daily.

Also recite Lakshmi Nrisimha Karavalambam and Sri Suktam daily.

Light 3 diyas daily - one with til oil (Sesame oil) facing West and the other 2 with ghee facing South and South East.

Wear Anantamool roots around your upper arm. You can find online the addresses of shops selling Anantamool roots. It's an Ayurvedic herb.

I have not seen your charts. I have suggested all this by only your Saturn-Mars-Venus combination as you've described in your post.

Perhaps Shilpaji or someone else would like to give a more detailed opinion.

Offer lotus flowers to Goddess Lakshmi whenever possible.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Abhishek,

Once you get the time details of your friend's chart, we can discuss his chart better.

As for Rahu's 9th aspect, Rahu-Ketu's behaviour has not been studied much and there are debates about their house ownership, exaltation and aspects, as you may be aware.

There are basically 3 views about Rahu-Ketu's aspects -

1) That they aspect 5th, 7th and 9th like Jupiter. Some feel only Rahu has these aspects, not Ketu.

2) That they aspect 7th like every other planet.

3) That they have no aspect. They influence only the house they are placed in.

This is an ongoing debate and it's really upto every individual what s/he wants to believe.

Based on my experiences of Rahu Mahadasha and also studying my chart closely for Rahu-Ketu's behaviour in my own life I have come to the conclusion that Rahu-Ketu have no aspect. They only influence the house they are in - and I have very powerful Rahu-Ketu.

That is, I follow the 3rd view from the above.

Taking this view, Guru Chandal Yoga would exist only when Rahu and Jupiter are placed together in a house, especially in a beneficial house. And indeed, that is the standard way to see Guru Chandal Yoga, not by seeing Jupiter and Rahu aspecting each other, or Rahu aspecting Jupiter.

I know some astrologers would see this chart as you've described, but this is my personal opinion and I understand that everyone will not believe in it.

Hence, the way I see this chart - and also yours if you have the same combination from 1982 - there is no Guru Chandal Yoga here. Both Jupiter and Saturn aspect Rahu. Saturn's aspect will be stronger during Rahu Mahadasha and Jupiter will control Rahu to a large extent during its own Mahadasha.

By the way, Saturn aspecting Rahu is also regarded as Shrapit Yoga by some, while others regard Shrapit Yoga only when Saturn and Rahu are placed together. Still others don't believe in Shrapit Yoga at all.

If we take the 1st view, then this chart would have both Guru Chandal Yoga and Shrapit Yoga, but I don't see this chart way.

About this person still being in control despite his subordinates throwing their weight around - well, astrology apart, I think men understand men better than women, so I'll take your words seriously and will observe him from this angle now, since you've given me this insight into men's character and also because you own an IT company yourself! :D

So far I used to regard his behaviour as it appeared on the surface. It never occurred to me that he may be using his subordinates as a shield to disguise himself!

I hope you are not keeping a naive face to fool others, using your associates as a shield, since you are also from 1982 group! :D
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Shilpaji,

I await your response.

thanks and regards
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Abhishek,

Taking this view, Guru Chandal Yoga would exist only when Rahu and Jupiter are placed together in a house, especially in a beneficial house. And indeed, that is the standard way to see Guru Chandal Yoga, not by seeing Jupiter and Rahu aspecting each other, or Rahu aspecting Jupiter.

I know some astrologers would see this chart as you've described, but this is my personal opinion and I understand that everyone will not believe in it.
Saindhavi ji,

I am not here to discuss about Rahu/Ketu aspect etc. Now don't drag this topic to Rahu/Ketu exaltation and Debilitation point. :)

Conjunction is most powerful followed by 7th aspect. BTW, you completely missed out nakshatra parivartan, which is forming GC yoga as well. What do you say about that?? Don't mould astrology according to yourself....Every yoga be it good or bad play its role you just have to realize it...be it Raja yoga or dhan yoga or shrapit yoga or GC yoga.

Many born on a particular year share some yoga but at the same time, there are other cancellation factors that work as well. GC yoga is mitigated in my case, blessing of my exalted 9th L Sun to my LL Jupiter from 5th is enough. Not talking of other mitigation...

Saturn aspect to Rahu does bring delays, Marital discord, lack of physical bliss in marriage. But that's not the topic we are discussing here...aren't we? Please don't deviate from topic, Saindhvi ji :D

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 05 Jun 2012

Last edited by rajatmalhotra2008 on 01 Sep 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Abhishek,

About this person still being in control despite his subordinates throwing their weight around - well, astrology apart, I think men understand men better than women, so I'll take your words seriously and will observe him from this angle now, since you've given me this insight into men's character and also because you own an IT company yourself! :D

So far I used to regard his behaviour as it appeared on the surface. It never occurred to me that he may be using his subordinates as a shield to disguise himself!

I hope you are not keeping a naive face to fool others, using your associates as a shield, since you are also from 1982 group! :D
It is not fooling subordinate.. Please don't talk off business with me Saindhvi ji. :D Be it IT business, World business scenario or Real estate business. It gets difficult to teach someone how to spell a word when he is not even literate enough to know Alphabets.. You might have gone thru this frustratation while teaching/explaining astrology to someone... :)

Ideally, Women understand men better from top to bottom and vice versa...you seems to be an exception.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 06 Jun 2012

Abhishek,

I was only responding to your comments, not deviating from topic.

I hope you don't mind my comments.

Anyway, let's not take this any further.

I would like to see Shilpaji's comments on my reading of this chart.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

garima
Contributor
Contributor

Post by garima » 06 Jun 2012

Dear readers
pl have one more example of 82 born.Details are 3dec1982,21:04pm,delhi. She had faced problems in her education previously and now in her marriage .she is a hot tempered person. Nowadays undergoing saturn MD and jup AD.What she will do her life? Not willing to do anything.will she remain like this only??????
Regards
garima

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 06 Jun 2012

Saindhavi ji,

Not an issue. Though I would like to know your views on Jup-Rahu Nakshatra Parivartan.... Do you consider it GC yoga? Forget about mitigation etc for the time being..Thanks in advance!!

Saindhavi wrote:
I would like to see Shilpaji's comments on my reading of this chart.
ok. Shilpa ji is indeed one of the most learned and helpful on this forum....correct me if I am wrong.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 06 Jun 2012

rajath25 wrote:Hope some body will analyze my chart too wrt this combination-

"I too have SA-MA combination that too in the 7th house; and making it bad is the aspect of exalted 8th lord Venus for Pisces lagna. I too have explosive emotional flare-ups and during those times I am not in control of myself.

It does not stop there...I am running Ju-Ve period and again started SA transit over natal position (due to Saturn retrograde). Only GOD knows the problems that I have gone through in the last 2-3 years. Its been mostly related to relationships. I got married and had a lovely daughter as well; But truth be told, marriage is one of the worst decisions that I have ever taken in my life so far in hindsight.

Shilpa ji and other esteemed astrologers of this forum, please shed some light on this disastrous combination happening in the 7th house of my natal chart. I know I will be running SA dasha in about 5 years or so. but just the thought of it is so frightening. I wish I knew the sin that I committed which has brought upon this curse on me.

I suppose I am requesting for help in dealing with this horrible combination.

Regards
Rajath
"

dear rajath,

Dear rajath,

--with shani and mars in the 7th.....married life will be tough.
Ve exalted in the first andas the 8th lord aspecting the 7th brings......saving grace and physicall bliss to what woukd have been worse.

--shani's tansit over natal shani was indeed bad but exalted Ve is a big, big mitigation in your chart.

--your problems were inspite of the venus antara, and not because of it.
they were because of the shani transit.

--you must propitiate shani and mangal.......pray / fast on saturday and tuesday .....worship hanmanji......and do hanuman chalisa regularly .
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Saindhavi wrote:Shilpaji,

Dear Saindhavi,

How was his period from say June 2009 to Nov 2011......health and career wise ?
Regards

From June 2009 to March 2010 he was working in a small company - salary was not good and sometimes didn't get salary on time. Boss' behaviour was also not very good with all employees including him.

In March 2010 he established his own IT Company with 2 more people, who now wield more power than him in this company, eventhough he is the owner and they are under him - Lagna Lord Mars suppressed by Saturn in 6th the house?

Financially, this business steadily expanded till Nov 2011 and is still expanding, but he himself calls it a small company.

He built associates overseas, who brought him business from abroad, which was the main source of profit during this period i.e. till Nov 2011 - Rahu Mahadasha + Jupiter the ruler of 12th aspecting the Lagna + Mars the Lagna Lord aspecting 12th?

But his former employer and his wife interfere in his business too much and I don't know why he allows it - he says he respects them because they are senior. From March 2010 to Nov 2011 and even till now, these interferences, manipulations and petty politics have continued in his company.

Hence, financially his condition improved, but I'm not sure this can be called an improvement in the quality of life and career.

In last 2 months or so, since Rahu-Mercury started, there seems to be a slowdown in the business.

Astrologically, I have seen many cases of Rahu-Mercury including my own being bad for finances. I don't know th principle behind it.

But realistically, any business that is based on overseas contracts from Western countries especially the US will be in trouble now because overseas outsourcing from the West, especially the US is coming under rough weather now.

The way I see it is, that Rahu, helped by Saturn has taken him along this path and Mars suppressed by Saturn can't do anything about it.

The interesting part is that Jupiter too aspects Rahu and hence, perhaps Jupiter Mahadasha will take him to great heights, but he has to cross Rahu Mahadasha first, when Saturn will have an upper hand.

Health wise, he didn't have any major health problems, but he has steadily lost weight from August 2011 onwards. He also regularly complains of fever, cold and headache from time to time. These seem to be chronic problems with him.

Dear Saindhavi,

--Ra sits in the Nakshatra of Jup, ....and acting like the moderately strong jup....sitting in the 7th house aspected by Ra himself.

-- therefore the focus of the MD is 7th house significations......relationships, business- parterships, overseas alliance all of that under the flavour of Ra drishti doubly ensuring foreign and inter case connections.

--in my view.....shani is mixed and mars innimical, and badly afflicting Shani. He needs to do remedies for both...... on sat and tuesdays.

--the 2009-2011 period of shani antara and shani transit through the house of natal shani was bad but mitigated by, the aspect of Ra and jup in transit.

--the overall flavour of the Jupiter dasa will be similar to the Ra MD.
The shani MD will take a heavy toll.....but there is time to go......remedial appeasement of shanidev and the age related maturity of shani by then will......will spare the severity .

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Abhishek,

As I said, I regard Jupiter-Rahu conjunction as the first condition for Guru-Chandal Yoga. Nakshatra Parivartan is secondary to it.

Post the time details of your friend and/or your own chart if you like, then we can discuss it further.

Regards
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Shilpaji,

Many thanks for your insights.

What remedies do you suggest for Saturn-Mars affliction?

Hanuman Chalisa daily, lighting til oil diya facing West for Saturn and a ghee diya facing south for Mars, tying Anantmool roots for Mars, Dasharath Shani stotram for Saturn?

Would you suggest any other remedies with regards to Saturn-Mars affliction or the whole chart?

Thanks and regards

Havan Manuals -

hymns -

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 06 Jun 2012

Last edited by rajatmalhotra2008 on 01 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Saindhavi wrote:Shilpaji,

Many thanks for your insights.

What remedies do you suggest for Saturn-Mars affliction?

Hanuman Chalisa daily, lighting til oil diya facing West for Saturn and a ghee diya facing south for Mars, tying Anantmool roots for Mars, Dasharath Shani stotram for Saturn?

Would you suggest any other remedies with regards to Saturn-Mars affliction or the whole chart?

Thanks and regards

Dear Saindhavi.....you know as much or more about remedies than I do......
I would recoomend additionally wearing Pokhraj or Yellow Sapphire for Jupiter in the index finger in gold......for the first time on a Thu and then keep it on.....

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 07 Jun 2012

rajatmalhotra2008 wrote:I have passing through a very bad phase.
I had to get seperated from my wife and forced to file for divorce just after 7 months after my marriage

Shilpa ji/Saindhavi ji.. I will be really thankful to you if you can please analyse our charts and guide me

Do I have chance of second marriage and around when..
Your wife's chart had many divorce agents and few mitigators working
--she is on the 1-7 axis of Rah_ket...with an innimical shani-mangal conjunction in her 8th house, the mangal sthan in a woman's chart demoting marital fructification.

--her navams lagna is conjunct with a mildly innimical Mars, apsecting the 7th house of shani and in a 4-10 assication with shani, the 7th lord.

--the divorce might have occured after oct 2010 and befor Nov 2011
Your chartv is also difficult one for marriage...

--Mars in the 4th house house of Rasi...aspects the 7th....house...it's only mildy innimical....but the lord of 4th house of homely comfort and peace is sun debiitated in the 6th.
How has been your relationship with mother and her health ?

--mildly Innimical shani aspecting the 7th house in Rasi.

--7th house gets the drishti of a strong exalted Moon.

--Navamsa also has an innnimical Mars aspecting the 7th house from the first house.

On it's own it was a difficukt chart for marriage but had the saving grace in the form of the drishti of exlated moon...but together with your wif'e chart, whuch has almost no mitigations and many breaking elemnts it was hard for the marriage to survive.

--2nd marriage is less likely....as you might face many legal / social hurdles.

regards

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 07 Jun 2012

Shilpa Ji..

Thanks a lot for your reply
Last edited by rajatmalhotra2008 on 13 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 08 Jun 2012

Dear Shilpaji,

Many thanks for your advice!
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

vairagya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vairagya » 09 Jun 2012

Dear Shilpa

This is a very interesting topic and i have been looking for answers for my mars/saturn conj.
since many years.

My navamsa has scorpio lagna and mars/saturn are together in cancer/9th house.

can you tell me the significance ?

d.o.b.21 feb 1973
mumbai , 13.55 pm

regards
vairagya

sanjeev173
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by sanjeev173 » 10 Jun 2012

Hi Shilpa Ji,
I have Mars-Saturn combination in my 2nd house and i am Virgo Ascendant, Moon sign Pisces.

My details:

DOB : 26-05-1984
Time: 3:15PM
Place : Avadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

Can you give more information on this combination w.r.t Career and Marriage ?

Thanks
Sanjeev

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 12 Jun 2012

Last edited by rajatmalhotra2008 on 27 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

sanjeev173
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by sanjeev173 » 13 Jun 2012

Thanks for your reply... But I am not married yet... I am still searching my life partner... Is there any chance that I would get married to a Foreigner...???

I have heard that Mars Saturn combination would do good in Career atleast.....

Please advice if you have any other information on my marriage or career...
Any specific prediction would be appreciated!!!!!