Some Rare Yogas

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Some Rare Yogas

Post by Hina » 11 Jun 2012

Anuradhaji,
But not good in Mathematics since no connection between Mercury and Jupiter
you wrote that a connection between merc & jupiter is required for a person to be good in math. what other conditions will make a person good in math?

I have horoscope of a person who is excellent in math. Makes his living by math modeling. He is like #1 in India in 10th boards. There is no connection between merc & jupiter. no aspects between each other, not in each other's house, not in each other's nakshatra or anything. However, they are both in friend's house. Jupiter is in 9th house. Merc & jupiter both aspect 5th house.

So, what else does a person make good in math?

Thanks!

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 11 Jun 2012

Anu ji,

I don't need to convince anybody, neither do I care to. I just need to get my predictions correct and accurate. The techniques given in that book works, thats all I care for. And K.N.Rao himself is a sanskrit scholar, I trust his judgement.

swamykool
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor

So true. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 11 Jun 2012

you can also find 2 more articles on double transit phenomenon in this section
krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor

by Hina » 120612

Anuradhaji,

But not good in Mathematics since no connection between Mercury and Jupiter

you wrote that a connection between merc & jupiter is required for a person to be good in math. what other conditions will make a person good in math?

I have horoscope of a person who is excellent in math. Makes his living by math modeling. He is like #1 in India in 10th boards. There is no connection between merc & jupiter. no aspects between each other, not in each other's house, not in each other's nakshatra or anything. However, they are both in friend's house. Jupiter is in 9th house. Merc & jupiter both aspect 5th house.

So, what else does a person make good in math?

Thanks!
See the placement of Sun, Mars[ Logic] and Mercury[ intelligence] to understand the potential to learn Mathematics . Ketu in 5H, Jupiter in 12H, Sun and Mercury combination in 2H , 5H or 9H along with Strong 5L is must. Jupiter and Mercury combination also give Mathematics. Kindly post the details for better understanding. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 11 Jun 2012

Sk,

here is the quote about mars aspect making the person coward. I have found this to be true in reality.

1) Chp 3 Prakirna Tatva, First House, Verse 84 (Page 41)
स्वर्क्षगे भौमद्दष्टेऽङ्गे कातराः।
When the ascendant is aspected by Mars posited in his own sign, the native will be a coward.

Thanks!

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 11 Jun 2012

Hina,

Can you please write the sanskrit in roman alphabets, I think the author has made a spelling mistake in devnagari or you have made a mistake in copying. The meaning is not coming out correctly.

Actually never checked for this before. If this is the case, only the following Lgs will be affected - Can, Lib, Sco, Aq, Tau and Gem.

However I am not very convinced that this will work correctly. Pl check that the chart you mentioned, whether is has its 3rd H or 3rd L afflicted by benefics.

Regarding mathematics:

Actually 3 planets play a role. Mars, Mercury and Ketu. Mars and Mer should be at angles to ketu or conjunct (trines don't work well) and mars and ketu must not be in Jala rashis. It is better if all 3 of these are in agni agni rashis or vayu rashis. Also, it is better for ketu to be alone.

The above combination will give very high mathematical ability.

Now comes the point that Anu ji has put up. Favourable combination between Mer and Jup. Mercury is the karak for formal education (vidya) and Jupi is the karak for Overall knowledge and wisdom (Jnana). If these two are well connected it will mean that the person will pursue and attain a high academic degree in maths, like MSc Maths or PhD or some such.

But the first combination needs to be present to begin with. That is the one that gives mathematical ability.

If these two are in inimical relations or angles, the person might be brilliant in maths but will not have high academic degrees. Formal education and accredition will suffer.

Come to think of it, in whose charts do we mainly look for achievement in maths?? Mathamaticians, physicists, Finance professionals, engineering designers, etc. All of them have the degrees, so all of them have the good angle between Mer and Jupi.

SK
Last edited by swamykool on 11 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 11 Jun 2012

The Nks must also be noted.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 12 Jun 2012

SKji,

I will try & make an attempt for the partial bit. You will excuse me if I make a mistake-
"Swarg aksharge Bhaum drishtange katarah"

It would be nice to see some charts where a mars in own house in 6, 7, or 10th house aspect lagna & what are the results.
I have another chart where mars is in own house in Lagna in scorpio- gving a ruchaka yoga. The girl is the mildest I know, extremely conflict avoiding, very shy.
In another chart- this woman has mars in Lagna- in gemini- really a bold woman.

Mahatma Gandhi had mars in lagna in libra- not a coward.
Would you call Hitler a coward or a courageous man?

I think the key is the sign it aspects from. It would be nice if I could get more horoscopes where one could see the difference.

Re- mathematical ability-
Re- Mars, Merc & Ketu.

Ok, I have mars, merc & ketu in my 4th house in Leo rashi. They have nothing whatsoever to do with jupiter.
A vedic astrolger of international repute- had said that I was not just good but brilliant at math.

Unfortunately, I was never brilliant at math in classes higher than 10th grade. The only way I passed my exams were to be diligent about it. I unfortunately encountered at every school or college I went to but I know my limitations. There is an exchange between, sun & merc- maybe that spoils it. war between mars & mercury as well. Maybe jupiter is needed here.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 12 Jun 2012

Actually 3 planets play a role. Mars, Mercury and Ketu. Mars and Mer should be at angles to ketu or conjunct (trines don't work well) and mars and ketu must not be in Jala rashis. It is better if all 3 of these are in agni agni rashis or vayu rashis. Also, it is better for ketu to be alone.

The above combination will give very high mathematical ability.
Hi Hina,

If you refer above, you will see that I have given the combination for very high mathematical ability. i.e. brilliant in Maths. You must take all the parameters into account. Lets do them again.

1) Mars Mercury and Ketu must be at kendras from each other. (conjunction is 2nd best and sometimes troublesome) It is better if they are also at kendra from the Lg.

2) It is best for ketu to be alone.

3) It is best that all 3 should be in Agni rashis (Ar,Le, Sag), Or Vayu rashis (Gem, Lib Aq). Bhu or Jala rashis, dull the intellect a little bit. So its not that good.

The above combination will make a brilliant mathematician i.e. a real nerd/geek.

It will be immediately apparent to you that perfect combination is not possible unless at least 2 planets are together. Since the position in agni or vayu rashis are very imp. It is impossible for the 3 planets to be in kendras and in agni or vayu rashis and be alone.

So conjunction of atleast 2 planets are more or less given but they will bring trouble in other places. Mars+Ketu - trouble in marriage/home life, Mars + Mercury - trouble with a very aggressive nature, speech and finances, mer+ketu - trouble with low self esteem, also aggressive nature and trouble with colleagues and underlings.

While looking at a chart we must never zoom in on the best possible combination or despair if it is not there. Not everybody's son or daughter will be a C V Raman or Einstein.

So if the above combination is there in part, the person will be good in mathematics, above average certainly.

If there is no connection between Mars Mer and Ketu, but they are individually healthy and happy. The person will be good in maths, will get at least 60 -70% in exams most probably.

Because these 3 are individually karaks for Intellect (Mer), Logic (Mars) and Maths (Ketu). So if the Karaks are healthy, even though unconnected, the person will be healthy, wealthy and wise. 8) Mathswise that is. :mrgreen:

If the 3 are healthy but in upachayas from each other, good results with proper effort.

If the 3 are healthy but in bad angles from each other - there will be hurdles and misfortunes, but they will be overcome with consistent effort and perseverance. In this case it helps if the Lg or Moon or both are in sthira rashis - Vrisha, Simha, Vrishchik or Kumbh. The person does not give up easily.

Even if one of the karaks are afflicted but 2 are healthy - normal ability in maths.

Only when 2 or more of the Karaks are severely afflicted and/or are in bad angles from each other, you have to worry. Sonny might flunk maths. :mrgreen:

Like this every facet of life in a chart must be judged with a level attitude, one must shun despair as much as possible. Weighing the pros and cons correctly is the key to astrological acuity and correct predictions.

This takes care of mathematical abilities. After this comes the good connections between Jupi and Mer. As these two together rule formal education.

If the connections are good between Jupi Mer, the native will take his/her studies seriously and get the degrees/accreditions smoothly, one after the other.

If these 2 are troubled or in bad places from each other - native might play the funky monkey, be callous about degrees and exams, might not appear for some even. Usually makes from slight trouble in formal edu to a total mess.

But one should always keep a look out for bhangas. For instance a good shani in favourable connection with Jupi and Mer will overcome trouble eventually, even though Jup-Mer is afflicted.

Hope this helps, I will deal with the courage thingy later.

swamykool

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 12 Jun 2012

Pl test the above on the charts you have and let me know if it is working. :D

regds
SK

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 13 Jun 2012

Sk,
Let us try the principles. .
I have 3 charts and can grade them based on mathematical ability.
27-Nov-75: 8:43 AM
27-Nov-1976, 10:01 AM
1-Nov-78, 4:10 AM
POB for all three is Lucknow

3 rd chart has Ma and Me togather and Mars is in Scorpio. Ke in pisces and Ju in cancer. All 3 in jala rashi and in trines. and aspected bu JU . Jala rashi and trines are both pulling mathematical ability down.

2nd chart Ju, Me, Ma are all in kendras. Ke is fire sign, Ju and earthly. me and mars in jal rashi scorpio. Ju has full aspect on mars and mer.

1st chart - . Ke is in fire sign, Ma in air and Me in jala sign. No kendra relationship amongst each other. JU aspecting Me and is in kendra to Mars.

So If try to rank them in descending order.
chart 2
chart 1
chart 3.

SK>> What do you think?
Would you agree or suggest a diffrent ranking?
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 13 Jun 2012

Hi Ghrishneshwar,

I think you have ranked the charts correctly. But which chart has ketu in a kendra to Lg too? That chart would enjoy a little edge.

SK

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 13 Jun 2012

prspum ji,

the process is a bit complicated but here it is:

1. Save the charts you want to put up in jpg or bmp format in your PC.
2. Open a free a/c with either Photobucket or Imageshack. Photobucket is better.
3. Upload your pics to the site. After uploading, a number of links would appear under the photo. Just click on 'direct link' , that would copy the image for you.
4. In LOVA, click on the response button, always use the full editor, not the quick reply.
5. paste the link.
6. After pasting select the link and click on the 'img' button at the top of the editor. The entire link will appear between [img]and[/img]
7. complete your post and click submit. Your image (chart) will appear in the post.

Pl go to www.photobucket.com for a free a/c.

regds
swamykool

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 16 Jun 2012

prspum ji,

Thank you for the post. Although I cannot read N Indian diamond charts (I use the East Indian style), but thats no problem since I have drawn the chart myself.

One thing I want to ask you, why are you using D-4 instead of D-10??

Destiny or Purva Punya or Bhagya is usually associated with the 5th and 9th H. Why is this chart showing D-4 as destiny??

Regds
SK

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 17 Jun 2012

prspum ji,

I have a request to make. Lets leave this thread alone for discussion on rare yogas and lets transfer our discussion to the thread below. I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting your transfer related posts in the said thread. Lets continue from there.

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 52#p119052

regds
SK

ila
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ila » 18 Jun 2012

Swamy,

thanks for the clarification

[b]Retrograde motion is an astronomical phenomenon.[/b]

but astrology essentially displaces the helio centric astronomical model and makes it an earth centric one.....so my essential doubt has always been how can astrology be linked to astronomy in any way? how can we argue over which siddhanta to use in the first place ? the entire nature of the query becomes wrong....how we can use things according to our convenience

[b]1stly, Rahu ketu are mathematical points, they have no body, reflect no light, so does not have any aspect.[/b]

now one more conflict...i have been trained to calculate according to the panchang which i have frankly now forgotten...but the calculations do not essentially vary from the big 7 to these two as far as i remember ....if they were mathematical points it shud be calculated independent of the panchang right ....anyways sometimes everything is 2 confusing

[b]2ndly, there are are schools of Astrology, esp in Eastern India, who take the presence of Rahu-ketu in the H 12th to themselves, i.e. previous H. It is usually referred to as the 12th aspect of Rahu-Ketu. I have seen this to work out in some charts. But frankly speaking I am still confused about whether to accept this or not.[/b]

ok this is intresting..this is the first time that i am hearing of this....what abt the 5,7th and 9th aspects of rahu..u do not accept it?

thanks

Ila

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 18 Jun 2012

Dear Ila,
but astrology essentially displaces the helio centric astronomical model and makes it an earth centric one.....so my essential doubt has always been how can astrology be linked to astronomy in any way? how can we argue over which siddhanta to use in the first place ? the entire nature of the query becomes wrong....how we can use things according to our convenience
There is no confusion. The word 'jyotish' actually means astronomy, i.e. study of bodies that emit or reflect light, that is jyoti.

Astrology in its proper technical term is 'Phalita Jyotish' or applied astronomy,i.e. the study of the effects of the movement of heavenly bodies on human life. Since human life is on earth, earth naturally becomes the pivot for this study. This does not change the heliocentric model of the universe.

And the only importance of astronomy to general people is in its 'phalita' form. That is the phala or effect/result that the movement of heavenly bodies produce on our lives. Otherwise nobody cares two bits whether Shani moves into chitra or swati. Shani can jump around the universe for all the less we care. But, because these movements produce tremendous effects and events in our lives, we care for their study.
now one more conflict...i have been trained to calculate according to the panchang which i have frankly now forgotten...but the calculations do not essentially vary from the big 7 to these two as far as i remember ....if they were mathematical points it shud be calculated independent of the panchang right ....anyways sometimes everything is 2 confusing
Let me clarify what Rahu ketu is, so it will be less confusing. Where the Moon's orbit around the Earth intersects with the Earth's orbit around the Sun, the North Intersection is Rahu, the South Intersection is Ketu. And these intersections always move in opposite motion, ie. retro.
ok this is intresting..this is the first time that i am hearing of this....what abt the 5,7th and 9th aspects of rahu..u do not accept it?
I do not accept any aspect of Rahu-Ketu due to reasons given before. Currently I am also giving the 12th aspect a very wide berth. It works on a couple of charts, doesn't work on most. So maybe the reason for the specific effects is something more other than this 12th thingy.

Regds
SK

ila
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ila » 19 Jun 2012

Swamy,

"But, because these movements produce tremendous effects and events in our lives, we care for their study."

While what you are saying is certainly intresting, it does not take away from the basic crux ...while the big 5 has only been traditionally used, more have been found, pluto,uranus,neptune...so why are they not included in the pantheon of grahas ? the "western grahas " must be lamenting the fact that destiny has not given them the force to affect people's lives esp " people who believe and follow in vedic astrology " :D

"Let me clarify what Rahu ketu is"

I have no doubts on what rahu and ketu is but thank you , i was not clear in my articulation...all the horoscope is the mathematical pinpointing of the big 9 according to time and space ...these are the only two variables which determine the mathematical position of a graha and so allows to map it and puts it in water tight boxes of houses .......my confusion if you call it that, has always been on the importance assigned to MATHEMATICAL POINTS ...does mythology follow mathematics or vice versa?

thanks

Ila

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 20 Jun 2012

Ila,
While what you are saying is certainly intresting, it does not take away from the basic crux ...while the big 5 has only been traditionally used, more have been found, pluto,uranus,neptune...so why are they not included in the pantheon of grahas ? the "western grahas " must be lamenting the fact that destiny has not given them the force to affect people's lives esp " people who believe and follow in vedic astrology "
Firstly let me tell you that Hindu Astrology is light years ahead of western astrology in matters or depth, acuity and predictive accuracy. Secondly, Hindu Astrology is Graha+Nakshatra+Dasha+Yoga approach. The rules are strictly laid down.

The trans Saturnine planets own no Nks, thus have no dasha, so they cannot be used. We cannot track an event in the MD of Uranus and AD of Neptune. So its the nine planets, 12 Rashis and 27 Nks. Thats all we need.

Western astrology not only uses the trans saturnine planets but many are also using asteroids like Sedna, or Hera or whatnot. With so many unrecorded and unstudied variables we might as well throw up a handful of popcorn and try to read the pattern they make on the ground and predict on that.

I didn't understand your 2nd point, so cannot answer on that.

SK

Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Some Rare Yogas-response to Hina re Mars

Post by Maharani » 23 Jun 2012

Hi Hina,

Responding to your question at the top of the page, I have Mars in its own sign, Aries, in the 10th house aspecting lagna, and I am anything but cowardly or mild. My mars is also vargottama and in aries or capricorn in many vargas. My DOB, 17th february 1955, 6pm, Mumbai. I would say I am aggressive in a positive way and both courageous and adventurous. I can be cautious if I see the need to be careful or am starting something new, but I would not say that was my main approach.

For example, I am learning to fly a plane. My instructor says I need to be more aggressive with the controls-I know that with practice I will get there, but right now it can be a little scary-so I am cautious. However, I did have the guts to try it. At 56.

Also Im an Indian woman who has done everything on her own without the guidance of parents, husband or in laws, and I am quite successful-I think for most Indian women this would take courage, not the opposite.

The dictum "When the ascendant is aspected by Mars posited in his own sign, the native will be a coward." does not make sense to me and is certainly not true of me.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 23 Jun 2012

Maharani ji,

When Mars aspects lagna, I think it makes more sense that the person will have the qualities of Mars. You are right in your assessment.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maharani » 24 Jun 2012

Yes, I agree and that is what I have learned, but I believe Hina asked for some examples in order to check the dictum I quoted.

"It would be nice to see some charts where a mars in own house in 6, 7, or 10th house aspect lagna & what are the results."

I have provided mine.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 24 Jun 2012

I know of someone, who has Mars in the 7th house, exalted, aspecting the lagna and also know of someone, who has Mars in the 6th house (not in own sign/exalted) and aspecting the lagna, but they both are of mild nature as Hina has suggested.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

ila
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ila » 24 Jun 2012

Swamy,

thanks for the patience ....

my query was did we invent the mythology to suit the mathematics for everything..jyotisha is ultimately a "Pratakshya Shastra" which manifests in the timing of events and its occurence thereof in individual lives and collective lives of nations......so my query was just that ..maybe like a chicken or egg query like who came first and there is no concrete answer to that , but would like to know your views on that....

thanks

ila

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 24 Jun 2012

Thanks Maharani for being gracious enough to post your chart.Another suggested interpretation is , that it gives great courage to the enemies. Mars in 6th house in general, Mars in 7th house to spouse, Mars in 10th house to a the ruler/ king.
This did not make too much sense to me.

Other respondants, can you please share the other charts please. I want to check - in which cases, the lagna is that of Mars friend's / enemy's.

Thanks!