Some Rare Yogas

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
navall
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Some Rare Yogas

Post by navall » 11 Jun 2012

Dear Astroboy ji,

I have one doubt regarding this.

Isn't Sun is in more Papakartari than Shubhakartari as it should be to exhibit the full attributes of this yoga.

As Mer and moon are weak as compared to Rahu and saturn on either side of sun.

Warm Regards,

Naval

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 11 Jun 2012

by navall » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:41 pm
Dear Astroboy ji,
I have one doubt regarding this.
Isn't Sun is in more Papakartari than Shubhakartari as it should be to exhibit the full attributes of this yoga.
As Mer and moon are weak as compared to Rahu and saturn on either side of sun.
My dear navall, you must first understand that, In the case of Guru P.V.N.Rao Ji's chart, it is Chandra and Budha that are involved in the Papakartari Yoga. Chandra is @ 28 Degrees in Kumbha, and Budha is at 3 Degrees In Mesha.

Bhaskara Yoga's main component is that Chandra be in the 11th from Budha, and Budha be in the 2nd from Chandra. That means Chandra has to be in the 12th from Ravi.

It is not me, But Anuradha who decided that in a Bhaskara Yoga, The sun always falls in a Shubha Kartari yoga. She, in her quest to try and get one over me, has forgotten the basics of Jyotishya.

We all know that when Budha is with a Malefic, Budha becomes a Malefic
It is also a well established dictum that when the Moon is waning and is associated with a malefic, there is nothing much you can expect from Chandra.

I don't think she even paused to read my first post on Bhaskara yoga properly. She just rushed in, Gave her own reasons for how the yoga works, without pausing to think what the repercussions of her actions would be.

In my opinion, The Papakartari yoga does not count as far as the Bhaskara Yoga is concerned. All other factors being equal. There must be some element in this combination that sets aside many afflictions. What they are, only the sages who proposed the sloka should know.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Astroboy ji.,

Why i asked abt papakartari..becoz
it is well known fact that whenever a yoga is formed with weak planets and associated with great malefics like rahu and saturn..it reduces it strength considerably..thats why i asked wud this yoga in respected PVR Sir's chart atribute its full features.
Warm Regards,

Naval

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 11 Jun 2012

The horoscope of the God of Jyotishya. He is the only one who actually saved Jyotishya.

I fully agree!

Neither BVR,KNR,CS patel,iyer,santanam, nor Marc boney,Vaughn paul did anything to save jyotisha because they didn't create a free software Jhora nor had bhaskara yoga :lol:

I wonder why the founder of this forum Vaughn Paul ji had gone for a lengthy interview with KNR last year instead of God of Jyotisha PVR!

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 11 Jun 2012

?
Last edited by prateak.desai on 12 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

navall
Contributor
Contributor

I feel myself very lucky to have my chart analysed by the God of Jyotishya Sir PVR Rao ji on my health issues., i will post the same on this forum for the benefit of learners.
Warm Regards,

Naval

astroboy
Donor
Donor

by krishnagopal1968 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm
The horoscope of the God of Jyotishya. He is the only one who actually saved Jyotishya.
I fully agree!

Neither BVR,KNR,CS patel,iyer,santanam, nor Marc boney,Vaughn paul did anything to save jyotisha because they didn't create a free software Jhora nor had bhaskara yoga :lol:
there is no need to get sarcastic. You still have J hora on your computer right. delete it, pay some money, buy another software, then talk.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

by krishnagopal1968 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm
I wonder why the founder of this forum Vaughn Paul ji had gone for a lengthy interview with KNR last year instead of God of Jyotisha PVR!
Ask him

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 11 Jun 2012

Swamykool ji, cud u pls guide me thru the link for double transit on this forum or anywhere, i hav been searching for it.
Dear navall,

There is no post on double transit anywhere on the forum. At least I have not seen it.

swamykool
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Swamykool ji,

So ,from where can i read about this.?

Do u have any idea..?
Warm Regards,

Naval

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

navall,

Best way to know about this is to read the book - Finer Techniques of Astrological Predictions, Vol-1 by K.N.Rao

swamykool

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 11 Jun 2012

:lol:
e: Some Rare Yogas
by swamykool » 110612

navall,

Best way to know about this is to read the book - Finer Techniques of Astrological Predictions, Vol-1 by K.N.Rao

swamykool
Coolji, But :lol: Sholakas are missing in both the volumes. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx Swamykool ji.
Warm Regards,

Naval

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Coolji, But Sholakas are missing in both the volumes. regards
Anu ji,

I don't need to convince anybody, neither do I care to. I just need to get my predictions correct and accurate. The techniques given in that book works, thats all I care for. And K.N.Rao himself is a sanskrit scholar, I trust his judgement.

swamykool

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 11 Jun 2012

Dear Navall,

for ur ref...

full article cannot be posted due to space, pl go to article section in this forum.

The Double Transit Phenomenon
of Jupiter and Saturn

By Vaughn Paul Manley, M.A.
Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved.

When learning Vedic astrology, as with any discipline, it's important to apply the principles you learn with many practical examples. This article presents a very useful and reliable chart interpretation method, involving the transits of Jupiter and Saturn, which you can immediately apply to any chart you're studying. By so doing, you will see its efficacy first hand.

Following the Transits of Jupiter and Saturn
Since Jupiter and Saturn are the slowest moving planets in Vedic astrology, their transits will tend to have the most significance for predictive purposes. Jupiter transits through a sign approximately once per year, while Saturn takes approximately 2 ½ years.

We generally think of Jupiter’s transits as positive and beneficial, causing expansion, growth, new opportunities and increasing the significations of any house that it transits or aspects. Likewise, we generally think of Saturn’s transits as negative and detrimental, causing limitation, obstacles, challenges and the denial of the significations of any house that it transits or aspects. However, while Saturn’s transit can give negative outcomes under certain circumstances, this is certainly not always the case.

My jyotish guru, K.N. Rao, says in his book, Ups and Downs in Career, “When anything significant is happening to any man, Jupiter and Saturn in transit play a pivotal role.” How can this be true, if Saturn’s transits are not also, somehow, beneficial?

Jupiter can be said to give the inspiration behind an endeavor, while Saturn gives it its structure and form. Without Saturn’s influence nothing of lasting value could ever be actualized. Jupiter gives new, expansive ideas but not necessarily the ability to manifest them. Therefore, we need both for an idea to come into full manifestation.

The best way that I've found to illustrate this principle is to think of a tree. Saturn is the roots and trunk of the tree, while Jupiter is it's leaves and branches. Jupiter aspires to the heavens with new growth while Saturn establishes a firm foundation. Both are obviously dependent on one another for any significant and sustained growth to happen.

Examples of the Double Transit
In the following example we see the double transit in the sign of Pisces, which occurred between July 24th, 2002 and July 30th, 2003. Saturn was transiting Gemini and aspecting Leo, Sagittarius, and Pisces. Jupiter was transiting Cancer and aspecting Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces. Therefore, the only sign that received the aspect of both planets was Pisces. (However, between January 9th and April 8th, 2003 Saturn went retrograde back into Taurus, thereby shifting the double transit to the signs of Cancer and Scorpio.)

Whatever house Pisces represents for each rising sign will determine how the double transit will affect the chart. For instance, for Gemini Ascendant Pisces is the 10th house. The double transit will, therefore, indicate potential expansion and actualization of career achievements.

Applying the Double Transit
Besides considering the dashas and yogas as previously mentioned, it's also important to see the relative strengths of Jupiter and Saturn in your natal chart. This can be done by seeing their sign and house placement, their house rulership, as well as the planets that aspect them. This will modify the relative strength of their transits.

Also, look to see which house(s), if any, are also doubly aspected by Jupiter and Saturn in the natal chart. This house will gain prominence throughout their life. Also, when the double transit aspects to this house expect intensified results. Lastly, if you know the ashtakavarga point system examine how many points Jupiter and Saturn’s points are both in the natal chart and in their transiting sign. If they are higher than 5 points then their results will be more beneficial. If they are less than 2 points then their results will be less beneficial. All these factors will modify the relative strength of the double transit.

you can also find 2 more articles on double transit phenomenon in this section

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 11 Jun 2012

Anuradhaji,
But not good in Mathematics since no connection between Mercury and Jupiter
you wrote that a connection between merc & jupiter is required for a person to be good in math. what other conditions will make a person good in math?

I have horoscope of a person who is excellent in math. Makes his living by math modeling. He is like #1 in India in 10th boards. There is no connection between merc & jupiter. no aspects between each other, not in each other's house, not in each other's nakshatra or anything. However, they are both in friend's house. Jupiter is in 9th house. Merc & jupiter both aspect 5th house.

So, what else does a person make good in math?

Thanks!

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Anu ji,

I don't need to convince anybody, neither do I care to. I just need to get my predictions correct and accurate. The techniques given in that book works, thats all I care for. And K.N.Rao himself is a sanskrit scholar, I trust his judgement.

swamykool

swamykool
Frequent Contributor

So true. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you can also find 2 more articles on double transit phenomenon in this section
krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor

by Hina » 120612

Anuradhaji,

But not good in Mathematics since no connection between Mercury and Jupiter

you wrote that a connection between merc & jupiter is required for a person to be good in math. what other conditions will make a person good in math?

I have horoscope of a person who is excellent in math. Makes his living by math modeling. He is like #1 in India in 10th boards. There is no connection between merc & jupiter. no aspects between each other, not in each other's house, not in each other's nakshatra or anything. However, they are both in friend's house. Jupiter is in 9th house. Merc & jupiter both aspect 5th house.

So, what else does a person make good in math?

Thanks!
See the placement of Sun, Mars[ Logic] and Mercury[ intelligence] to understand the potential to learn Mathematics . Ketu in 5H, Jupiter in 12H, Sun and Mercury combination in 2H , 5H or 9H along with Strong 5L is must. Jupiter and Mercury combination also give Mathematics. Kindly post the details for better understanding. regards

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 11 Jun 2012

Sk,

here is the quote about mars aspect making the person coward. I have found this to be true in reality.

1) Chp 3 Prakirna Tatva, First House, Verse 84 (Page 41)
स्वर्क्षगे भौमद्दष्टेऽङ्गे कातराः।
When the ascendant is aspected by Mars posited in his own sign, the native will be a coward.

Thanks!

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hina,

Can you please write the sanskrit in roman alphabets, I think the author has made a spelling mistake in devnagari or you have made a mistake in copying. The meaning is not coming out correctly.

Actually never checked for this before. If this is the case, only the following Lgs will be affected - Can, Lib, Sco, Aq, Tau and Gem.

However I am not very convinced that this will work correctly. Pl check that the chart you mentioned, whether is has its 3rd H or 3rd L afflicted by benefics.

Regarding mathematics:

Actually 3 planets play a role. Mars, Mercury and Ketu. Mars and Mer should be at angles to ketu or conjunct (trines don't work well) and mars and ketu must not be in Jala rashis. It is better if all 3 of these are in agni agni rashis or vayu rashis. Also, it is better for ketu to be alone.

The above combination will give very high mathematical ability.

Now comes the point that Anu ji has put up. Favourable combination between Mer and Jup. Mercury is the karak for formal education (vidya) and Jupi is the karak for Overall knowledge and wisdom (Jnana). If these two are well connected it will mean that the person will pursue and attain a high academic degree in maths, like MSc Maths or PhD or some such.

But the first combination needs to be present to begin with. That is the one that gives mathematical ability.

If these two are in inimical relations or angles, the person might be brilliant in maths but will not have high academic degrees. Formal education and accredition will suffer.

Come to think of it, in whose charts do we mainly look for achievement in maths?? Mathamaticians, physicists, Finance professionals, engineering designers, etc. All of them have the degrees, so all of them have the good angle between Mer and Jupi.

SK
Last edited by swamykool on 11 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The Nks must also be noted.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 12 Jun 2012

SKji,

I will try & make an attempt for the partial bit. You will excuse me if I make a mistake-
"Swarg aksharge Bhaum drishtange katarah"

It would be nice to see some charts where a mars in own house in 6, 7, or 10th house aspect lagna & what are the results.
I have another chart where mars is in own house in Lagna in scorpio- gving a ruchaka yoga. The girl is the mildest I know, extremely conflict avoiding, very shy.
In another chart- this woman has mars in Lagna- in gemini- really a bold woman.

Mahatma Gandhi had mars in lagna in libra- not a coward.
Would you call Hitler a coward or a courageous man?

I think the key is the sign it aspects from. It would be nice if I could get more horoscopes where one could see the difference.

Re- mathematical ability-
Re- Mars, Merc & Ketu.

Ok, I have mars, merc & ketu in my 4th house in Leo rashi. They have nothing whatsoever to do with jupiter.
A vedic astrolger of international repute- had said that I was not just good but brilliant at math.

Unfortunately, I was never brilliant at math in classes higher than 10th grade. The only way I passed my exams were to be diligent about it. I unfortunately encountered at every school or college I went to but I know my limitations. There is an exchange between, sun & merc- maybe that spoils it. war between mars & mercury as well. Maybe jupiter is needed here.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 12 Jun 2012

Actually 3 planets play a role. Mars, Mercury and Ketu. Mars and Mer should be at angles to ketu or conjunct (trines don't work well) and mars and ketu must not be in Jala rashis. It is better if all 3 of these are in agni agni rashis or vayu rashis. Also, it is better for ketu to be alone.

The above combination will give very high mathematical ability.
Hi Hina,

If you refer above, you will see that I have given the combination for very high mathematical ability. i.e. brilliant in Maths. You must take all the parameters into account. Lets do them again.

1) Mars Mercury and Ketu must be at kendras from each other. (conjunction is 2nd best and sometimes troublesome) It is better if they are also at kendra from the Lg.

2) It is best for ketu to be alone.

3) It is best that all 3 should be in Agni rashis (Ar,Le, Sag), Or Vayu rashis (Gem, Lib Aq). Bhu or Jala rashis, dull the intellect a little bit. So its not that good.

The above combination will make a brilliant mathematician i.e. a real nerd/geek.

It will be immediately apparent to you that perfect combination is not possible unless at least 2 planets are together. Since the position in agni or vayu rashis are very imp. It is impossible for the 3 planets to be in kendras and in agni or vayu rashis and be alone.

So conjunction of atleast 2 planets are more or less given but they will bring trouble in other places. Mars+Ketu - trouble in marriage/home life, Mars + Mercury - trouble with a very aggressive nature, speech and finances, mer+ketu - trouble with low self esteem, also aggressive nature and trouble with colleagues and underlings.

While looking at a chart we must never zoom in on the best possible combination or despair if it is not there. Not everybody's son or daughter will be a C V Raman or Einstein.

So if the above combination is there in part, the person will be good in mathematics, above average certainly.

If there is no connection between Mars Mer and Ketu, but they are individually healthy and happy. The person will be good in maths, will get at least 60 -70% in exams most probably.

Because these 3 are individually karaks for Intellect (Mer), Logic (Mars) and Maths (Ketu). So if the Karaks are healthy, even though unconnected, the person will be healthy, wealthy and wise. 8) Mathswise that is. :mrgreen:

If the 3 are healthy but in upachayas from each other, good results with proper effort.

If the 3 are healthy but in bad angles from each other - there will be hurdles and misfortunes, but they will be overcome with consistent effort and perseverance. In this case it helps if the Lg or Moon or both are in sthira rashis - Vrisha, Simha, Vrishchik or Kumbh. The person does not give up easily.

Even if one of the karaks are afflicted but 2 are healthy - normal ability in maths.

Only when 2 or more of the Karaks are severely afflicted and/or are in bad angles from each other, you have to worry. Sonny might flunk maths. :mrgreen:

Like this every facet of life in a chart must be judged with a level attitude, one must shun despair as much as possible. Weighing the pros and cons correctly is the key to astrological acuity and correct predictions.

This takes care of mathematical abilities. After this comes the good connections between Jupi and Mer. As these two together rule formal education.

If the connections are good between Jupi Mer, the native will take his/her studies seriously and get the degrees/accreditions smoothly, one after the other.

If these 2 are troubled or in bad places from each other - native might play the funky monkey, be callous about degrees and exams, might not appear for some even. Usually makes from slight trouble in formal edu to a total mess.

But one should always keep a look out for bhangas. For instance a good shani in favourable connection with Jupi and Mer will overcome trouble eventually, even though Jup-Mer is afflicted.

Hope this helps, I will deal with the courage thingy later.

swamykool

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 12 Jun 2012

Pl test the above on the charts you have and let me know if it is working. :D

regds
SK

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 13 Jun 2012

Sk,
Let us try the principles. .
I have 3 charts and can grade them based on mathematical ability.
27-Nov-75: 8:43 AM
27-Nov-1976, 10:01 AM
1-Nov-78, 4:10 AM
POB for all three is Lucknow

3 rd chart has Ma and Me togather and Mars is in Scorpio. Ke in pisces and Ju in cancer. All 3 in jala rashi and in trines. and aspected bu JU . Jala rashi and trines are both pulling mathematical ability down.

2nd chart Ju, Me, Ma are all in kendras. Ke is fire sign, Ju and earthly. me and mars in jal rashi scorpio. Ju has full aspect on mars and mer.

1st chart - . Ke is in fire sign, Ma in air and Me in jala sign. No kendra relationship amongst each other. JU aspecting Me and is in kendra to Mars.

So If try to rank them in descending order.
chart 2
chart 1
chart 3.

SK>> What do you think?
Would you agree or suggest a diffrent ranking?
Regards,

Ghrishneswar