Some Rare Yogas

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
explorings
Donor
Donor
Some Rare Yogas

Post by explorings » 17 Mar 2012

Rakshasa Yoga:
Arises when the malefics are dominant in Kendras and when benefics, though occupying Kendras are in the malefic Nakshtras or Navamsas of malefics. When this yoga is present in the horoscope of an ordinary man, he destroys his own family by his violent or unscrupulous behavior, while in the horoscope of an emperor/King, the consequences of this yoga become fatal to the interests of the nation/kingdom and lead to the downfall of the nation/kingdom. (Example: Emperor Aurangzeb)
http://tinyurl.com/6mc2pfx

Maha Pandita Yoga:
If sun and mercury join in a sign which is the ascendant and is the place of exaltation for one of them or if Jupiter alone is in the ascendant in exaltation the said yoga is produced. Person would be scholar, ruler of men and land, wealthy, will be scientific, learned, good speaker, protector of secrets, wise and virtuous. (Ravan, the demon king had this yoga)

Daivatva Yoga:
Arises when exalted planets are in Kendras and konas have beneficial planets.

Moksha Yoga:
If Jupiter or Venus is in an angle or a trine, attaining the 12th sign counted from navamsa ascendant, the native will be relieved from the cycle of birth and death and will attend moksha.

Rudrasana Yoga:
If the 6th, 8th and 12th from lagna simultaneously contain exalted planets, this yoga is formed. The native will simply be the ruler of the earth.

Kala Nidhi Yoga:
Combination 1: LL should be placed in Kendra with digbala and Jupiter and Venus should simultaneously aspect or conjunct this LL.
Combination 2: If Jupiter is conjunct with or aspected by Mercury and Venus either in the 2nd or in 5th house and if Jupiter occupies the 2nd or 5th house and is also a dispositor of Mercury or Venus, Kalanidhi yoga occurs.

Native will this yoga will be passionate, good-natured and will be favored by king/authority. He will have a kingly life and will enjoy all benefits. He will also be healthy and will be immune to disease. When this yoga is very strong, person will have alternate periods of adversity and prosperity.

Yuga Yoga:
When all the planets are confined to just two signs this yoga is formed.
Such yoga causes a native to be issueless and non-pious. If the two houses involved are 3 and 4th then the indication will be neutralized.
http://tinyurl.com/7qq6km7
Last edited by explorings on 18 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: Some Rare Yogas

Post by astroboy » 17 Mar 2012

Thanks a Ton for posting these Yogas Explorings. I always look for the Yogas present in a horoscope when I analyse them. This surely helps. :)
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 17 Mar 2012

Could you explain, Shrinatha and Shrikanta Yoga?
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Jataka Parijata chapter 7 sloka 143 - When the lord of the 7th bhava is in the 10th bhava and when the lord of the 10th is in the exaltation and also in conjunction with the lord of the 9th, the auspicious yoga called Srinatha, lord of Fortune is produced. The person born therein will be like Indra, the king of the celestials.
Phaladeepika chapter 6 sloka 28 / 30 - 28 -When Venus, the lord of the 9th and Mercury are similarly placed, the Yoga is termed Srinatha. 30 - The native with the Srinatha Yoga in his birth chart is resplendent, soft spoken, agreeable in speech and humorous. Sankha, Chakra etc. marks of God Narayana may be seen on his body. He is always chanting the charming verses adorning the name of Narayana with the virtuous people. He reveres the people of his own faith. He is blessed with a good wife and sons. He is loved by one and all and is most amiable.
[/color]
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Phaladeepika chapter 6 sloka 28 / 29. 28 - When the lord of the Ascendant, the Sun and the Moon occupy an Angle or Trine in their exaltation, own or friendly sign the resulting Yoga is called Srikanta.- 29 - The native having the Srikanta Yoga in his birth chart will have a Rudraksha mala around his neck, have his body smeared with sacred ashes, will always be meditating on God Siva, be magnanimous. He will religiously and devoutly follow all the rites and consecrate himself to the worship of Siva. He will be virtuous and tolerant to other's faiths. he will be mentally and spiritually strong and get delight from the worship of God Siva.
[/color]

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 17 Mar 2012

Great, I think I have Shrinatha Yoga, the description fits perfectly, i am like a celestial being. :mrgreen: . Mercury in 10th (virgo) with Sun.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 18 Mar 2012

Mritika Yoga:

Combinations for a native to be an excellent servant:
- Sun in 10H, without any benefic aspect
- Saturn in 10H, without a benefic aspect
- Mars in 10H, without a benefic aspect

Combinations for a native to be a moderate servant:
- Sun and Saturn are in 10H, without a benefic aspect
- Mars and Saturn in 10H, without a benefic aspect
- Sun and Mars in 10H, without a benefic aspect

Combinations for a native to be a poor servant:
- Sun, Saturn, and Mars in 10H, without a benefic aspect

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 18 Mar 2012

Explorings,
Good post..Can you point me to the source of this definition of Kala Nidhi Yoga

Combination 1: LL should be placed in Kendra with digbala and Jupiter and Venus should simultaneously aspect or conjunct this LL.

I have heard only the second definition.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 29 Mar 2012

Shadgraha Yoga (6 planets in one house)

As Saravali says, when there is a shadgraha yoga ( 6 planets combination ) the person becomes a wanderer, a fighter and a man of good conduct.

If the planets own trikonas and kendras, it becomes a very powerful Raj Yoga.

eg. Chengez Khan

http://tinyurl.com/7yfempm

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 29 Mar 2012

Ghrishneswar wrote:Explorings,
Good post..Can you point me to the source of this definition of Kala Nidhi Yoga

I have heard only the second definition.

BV Raman's book on notable horoscopes can't remember which celebrity's chart the above was mentioned. Combination 1 is very rare.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 29 Mar 2012

Explorings,
Native will this yoga will be passionate, good-natured and will be favored by king/authority. He will have a kingly life and will enjoy all benefits. He will also be healthy and will be immune to disease. When this yoga is very strong, person will have alternate periods of adversity and prosperity.
MJM.jpg
No doubt, Lagna lord Shukra has not attained Digbala, but look at the shad bala in Rupas, of the two planets involved in the yoga.
Planet / Shadbala Rupas
Jupiter / 9.84
Venus / 9.57
every single result ascribed to the yoga has come fully and totally true for the native.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

karmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karmatrix » 30 Mar 2012

astroboy wrote:Explorings,
Dear AB, Explorings and Ghrisneshwar,

In my chart, my LL Saturn (R) is in the 7th (in LEO!) and hence attains digbala. If we consider it's retrogression then it conjuncts an exalted jupiter in 6th and the conjunction is aspected by Venus!

But I believe, this one doesn't fit the bill technically, since if we consider the retrogression then Saturn moves to the 6th, losing both the kendra and the digbala. Also, I have all my malefics on the 1 - 7 axis influencing the LL.

Regards,
Karmatrix
"Now look here.
I did not say I was a millionaire.
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all of the money I had already spent,
I woulda been a millionaire a long time ago!"

- Going Down Slow (Howling Wolf)

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 30 Mar 2012

Karmatrix, can you please post your details. I have a lot to say about retrogression. You seem to be mistaken that the moment a planet is retrograde he is to be read from the previous house. That is wrong. I will clarify this point once you post your details.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Retro in Tula.jpg
Shani in Kanya.jpg
Do I need to explain further ? Are we to take Shani in Tula to be in Kanya - when he is actually in Tula, and are we to take Shani to be in Leo when he moves to Kanya ????????????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 30 Mar 2012

Do I need to explain further ? Are we to take Shani in Tula to be in Kanya - when he is actually in Tula, and are we to take Shani to be in Leo when he moves to Kanya ????????????
No we have to take Saturn both from Libra and Virgo. Retrograde planet always gives the result from the previous house also. Since the Saturn will travel to the previous house in May 2012, it will give the result from Libra and Virgo not from Virgo and Leo because Saturn has already being to the previous house . Saturn was in Libra when the retrogression started and will be in Virgo when it will be direct. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

rahulguru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rahulguru » 30 Mar 2012

Exploring sir and Astro boy sir ..
In my horoscope do i have Kalanidhi yoga, Amar anant dhana yoga , Amala yoga??
a software indicates these but i don't believe that is true for me..

my DOB 20-12-1988
time 2.38 PM and place shimoga,karnataka
thanx

karmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karmatrix » 30 Mar 2012

astroboy wrote:Karmatrix, can you please post your details. I have a lot to say about retrogression. You seem to be mistaken that the moment a planet is retrograde he is to be read from the previous house. That is wrong. I will clarify this point once you post your details.
Sure, AB.

DOB: EDITED

Regards,
Karmatrix
Last edited by karmatrix on 21 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Now look here.
I did not say I was a millionaire.
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all of the money I had already spent,
I woulda been a millionaire a long time ago!"

- Going Down Slow (Howling Wolf)

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 30 Mar 2012

Amar Yoga
When all the malefics including Rahu-Ketu are in kendra, this yoga is formed. Such combination is good for real estate business. Both Mars and Saturn are indicators of real estate, property and land.

Kapati Yoga
This yoga forms when lord of 6th house goes to 4th house and is aspected by malefics. Such combination makes one become a thief. It generally refers to lack of cohesion in thought, word and deed. Benefic aspect in 4th or strong benefic taints the yoga.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 30 Mar 2012

karmatrix wrote:
astroboy wrote:Explorings,
Dear AB, Explorings and Ghrisneshwar,

In my chart, my LL Saturn (R) is in the 7th (in LEO!) and hence attains digbala. If we consider it's retrogression then it conjuncts an exalted jupiter in 6th and the conjunction is aspected by Venus!

But I believe, this one doesn't fit the bill technically, since if we consider the retrogression then Saturn moves to the 6th, losing both the kendra and the digbala. Also, I have all my malefics on the 1 - 7 axis influencing the LL.

Regards,
Karmatrix

If you are considering retrogression, you are now considering LL in 6th house in conjunct with exalted jupiter. IMO, it is not a Kendra Nidhi Yoga. I vaguely remember your chart with parivaratan between 1 & 7L (Raj yoga) and there are also few dhana yogas in your chart! You don't need Kendra Nidhi yoga ;) ;)

I'll analyze your chart again and comment on it later!

explorings
Donor
Donor

anuradha has explained retrogression well! I too believe that retro Saturn in Libra should be counted from Virgo and Libra even when Saturn enters Virgo in may 2012. The degree of the retro planet should tell us which houses one should consider. For example if Saturn was retro around the start of Virgo bhava (eg. its degree in virgo is around 05') then one should consider Saturn from Leo and Virgo. In May 2012 even if retro Saturn is in Virgo it will be around the latter half of that sign.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Some charts on LOVA forum that show the above-mentioned yogas (considering only from rasi chart alone, navamsa is a different story):

Maha Pandita Yoga
About the yoga: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 69#p109388
Example: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 59#p105526

Shadgraha Yoga
About the yoga: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 69#p110573
Example: see husband's chart in this post, http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 29#p110398

This is why I love this forum you get to learn so much!

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Karmatrix, take it from me, I say this with utter confidence, Shani is in Leo and only in Leo. In no universe can he ever be in Cancer. 100 Pct sure of this. Let me prove it to you.

Shani went Retrograde on the 25th december 1978 at 1 : 32 AM in Purva Phalguni 3rd pada. he then went back to Purva Phalguni 1st pada to 13 deg 20 before getting direct again at 18 :50 on the 9th of May 1979. In what universe are we to state that Shani is to be read from cancer ? and more importantly, How will saturn cast his aspects from Cancer when he is in Purva Phalguni who has fully entrenched all his 4 padas in Leo - and nowhere else ?

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Take Shani in 2012. he begins his Retrogression on the 7th of Feb 2012 @ 18 :19 in Chitra 4th Pada @ 5 Deg 28. are we to take it for granted that Shani is to be read both from Kanya and Tula. That is grossly wrong. If Shani is exalted and Retrograde in Tula he is to be read only from Tula. Nothing more, nothing less.

Shani moves out of Tula and goes to Kanya on the 16th of May 16th 2012 to Chitra 2nd pada in Kanya then further Retrogrades to 28 Deg 43 in Chitra 2nd Pada. Are we to still say that Shani is exalted while he is in Chitra 2 ? I dont think so. Or worse, are we to read Shani from Leo too ?....... since he is Retrograde in Kanya ? wrong.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 30 Mar 2012

astroboy wrote:In what universe are we to state that Shani is to be read from cancer ? and more importantly, How will saturn cast his aspects from Cancer when he is in Purva Phalguni who has fully entrenched all his 4 padas in Leo - and nowhere else ? [/color]
I think he means the 7 year shani dasa [sade sati] that affects 3 houses.

explorings
Donor
Donor

AB: We are all saying the same thing... no one is suggesting to count Shani from leo (may 2012 onwards) especially if its trailing in the later half of virgo. So chill!

Karmatrix: my suggestions are purely based on the inputs provided by you in the above post and I vaguely remember your chart. However, I need to analyze it again and will comment later (the latter may not be necessary anymore)