Jaya Yoga

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astroboy
Donor
Donor
Jaya Yoga

Post by astroboy » 20 Feb 2012

This is a very simple yoga with profound implications. Profound because, this yoga seems to suggest that it is good if the 6th house, a Dusthana, is better off being debilitated than being strong. Thus the yoga seems to suggest that by extension, it would not be so bad if the 8th and the 12th are debilitated. This is provided that the Lagna is abundantly strong. Why I say this is because the 8th also rules longevity. A weak 8th might contribute to an early death, all other factors being equal.

Jaya (“victory”) Yoga: The 6th lord debilitated and the 10th lord deeply exalted.
“Happiness and conquest is bestowed upon the native, as well as success in ventures and a long life.”

Logic -

The 6th house stands for, Service, debts, accidents, anxieties, diseases, enemies, law suits, theft, blame, combat, imprisonment, cruel deeds, dejection, dishonor, misunderstandings, pain, outcasts, grief, severe reproach, trouble through servants, sub ordinates, and employees, vices, vicious habits, wounds, untimely death, severe reproach and worries.

The 10th house stands for Authority, business, commerce, fame, profession, command, honors, and prestige, high positions with the government, and companies, and rank.

The 6th house while being a dusthana is also an Upachaya house. The 6th house is the 1st segment of the neither world of the sky. This is where the planets come to set and then go down after setting. It is the land of darkness and thus another place of loss. However the planet which has made its transition from visible (5th house) to the invisible (6th) continues to move towards an angular house (7th). Thus the 6th becomes an Upachaya house because things start improving after an initial setback.

The 10th house is the house where the Sun is at its peak in the sky which by extension suggests that human activity (specifically career). 10th house activities are activities which are conducted in broad day light. All planets do well in the 10th house as opposed to the 6th house where the planets move in fear of setting, but with some hope that there will be a better day if they move to the 7th.

Thus, the 10th lord significantly stronger than the 6th lord allows one to complete their actions without struggles or opposition, or in the event that there is opposition, they are able to overcome that opposition with ease. The 10th lord gives command while the 6th lord gives service; therefore the 10th lord being stronger than the 6th lord makes the native a commander rather than a servant.

Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: Jaya Yoga

Post by astroboy » 20 Feb 2012

Here is a example of Jaya Yoga,
Jaya Yoga.jpg
As per J hora,
Jaya - Ju, Su - Happy, successful, victorious over enemies, long-lived - Exalted 10th lord and debilitated 6th lord
All other factors being equal, I feel Pisces Lagna gets the best deal as far as this yoga is concerned. Ravi does not own any house other than the 6th unlike say for Taurus where the 6th lord is also the lagna lord. More over, for Pisces lagna, the 6th lord becomes debilitated in the 8th house. Its like killing two birds with one stone. The biggest plus point is that the 10th lord for Pisces lagna is also the lagna lord. Guru gets exalted in the 5th house, aspects the 9th, the 11th and the Lagna. It can't get better than this. However Note that this lagna is pretty rare for this lagna. Guru gets exalted once every 12 years. In that year, Ravi is debilitated only for a month. Now you realise how rare these yogas can be.

I am yet to come across this yoga in any chart. If any members of the forum have this yoga I request you to please share the birth details with me, along with their experiences at the work place. This is the only way we can assess if the debilitation of the Dustana lords, specially the 6th lord, is good or bad for the individual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 20 Feb 2012

astroboyji,
referring to your post you have made a statement that the lord of sixth should be debilitated . it is good for sixth house matters.i would like to ask the question what happens when lord of sixth house is exalted and vargottam and posited in sixth house . many astrologers have confused me . some say it is good for sixth house matters and some say it is bad. what is the actual say. i would like to ask your opinion in this matter.
thanks

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 21 Feb 2012

diksha,

you have to understand the role of the 6th house in the horoscope. The 6th house is both a Upachaya house and a Dusthana.

Upachaya should actually be spelt as Upacaya in English, but for some reason the H crept in. Upacaya in Sanskrit means prosperity, Gathering, elevation, addition, increase, accumulation, excess. Growth, growing, quantity, vantage and finally, in Sanskrit, Upacaya means the 3rd, 6th, 10, and the 11th house of the horoscope.

Dusthana in Sanskrit means "Bad" or "ill"

The 6th house indicates enemies and opposition. It also shows the quality of the enemy and also the number of enemies the kind of opposition one could face. When the 6th house is debilitated, all other factors being equal, your enemies are weak, but also frustrated, and are capable of stooping low. A frustrated enemy will go to any extent to trouble you, most of the time, hitting below the belt. In the end, they always fail, but the effort and the trouble to defeat them is not worth it. Its like having a mosquito buzzing around your ears every two minutes, you can kill it between your two fingers, but the trouble you take to get it there........ :x

All other factors being equal, I feel it’s better to have the 6th house debilitated. Yes, the fighting spirit is low or nonexistent, but who wants to fight and lose ones cool?

On the flip side, when the 6th house is exalted. Now you have enemies with finesse and character. They will fight hard, but will fight straight. Now though the enemies are strong, the Upachaya part of the 6th house gets strengthened. The 6th house also indicates combat. The ability to combat your opponent increases exponentially. You will win no doubt, but at a great cost.

Now in both cases, the 3rd house, {courage, determination, will, strength,} should be strong. If the 6th is debilitated, you can get away with a weak 3rd house, but if the 6th is exalted, the 3rd better be strong because your enemy is now strong.

Nothing the planets give comes for free. You can’t have the bakery, the baker's daughter, and the cake, at the same time. You gain one, be ready to lose the other. If the 6th is weak, the Dustana effect is low, but so is the Upacaya effect. If the 6th is strong, the Dustana effect is strong, but so is the Upacaya house effect, but in the latter’s case, the 3rd needs to be strong too.

Hope you get my point

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 21 Feb 2012

Very Well explained Deepak. Well done.

Hari76

Post by Hari76 » 21 Feb 2012

Deepakji,

I have this Yoga in my horoscope. 10th lord Budha is exalted but heavily afflicted by Sani & Kuja with Guru's aspect the saving grace. The flip side is that the 6th lord is also the 11th lord hence needs to give deb-effects w.r.t 11th house gains. neecha bhanga is there due to placement. 3rd Sani is also weakly placed in 8th. Lagna lord is also weakly placed in the 6th but karaka Surya is quite strong.

Against rather heavy odds from the beginning, I could successfully pursue false court cases (foisted on me during the 6th Antardasha) which I would associate with this yoga although being an absolute novice I can't say to what extent.

Hari
Last edited by Hari76 on 27 Apr 2012, edited 4 times in total.

Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maharani » 24 Feb 2012

Hi Astroboy,

Interesting topic: I believe I have a version of jaya yoga in my chart (TOB February 17, 1955, 6pm Mumbai India). Cancer rising. L6 is Jupiter, in the 12th house-it is not formally debilitated but is in the sign opposite its lordship (in fall is the western name, I think). L10 is Mars, in its own house in the 10th (aries). My experience is definitely one where if I have problems at work I usually win in the end. I am a good problem solver, highly competitive, very work/career focused and generally successful. Does Jaya yoga apply in my chart?

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 24 Feb 2012

Good day Maharani ji,

I think more than this yoga, which BTW is not applicable to your horoscope, it's the Vipreeta Raja yoga at work. More over Mars in the 10th, Vargottam and in it's own house, is a sure blessing, as far as the work place goes. Kuja is Digbala and aspects the Lagna. The Ruchaka yoga is enough to destroy eventhe strongest enemy in the work place .......or other wise. See his Shadbala, its enough to make the other planets run for cover. :) . Kuja with one look finished the 7th and the 8th lord Shani. Kalas. :roll:. Its a wonderful horoscope, save for areas of Marriage and children. Then again, the Sasa yoga, 12th in the 7th and Shani's aspect on the Moon, Chandra in Moola aspected by Ketu from the 12th, .......... wonder if you opted not to get married.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 24 Feb 2012

Hari 76, the yoga is fully applicable in your case. No doubt about it. :)

Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maharani » 24 Feb 2012

Hi Astroboy,

Yes, I opted not to get married at an early age. My career has always been my primary interest, though lately I have been thinking companionship might be nice. That said, I have good friends, a wonderful niece and nephews, and a brother and sisters, and a mother, and all this is much to be grateful for. I know I have a strong Mars, which can make relationships challenging, but it does confer great drive at work. Thank you!

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 28 Feb 2012

Hey Astroboy,

Cant help but notice your reply on the 6th lord being exalted and its effects on the house. My 6th lord is exalted, albeit its position in the 8th house ( Mars ).

You mentioned the 3rd house has to be strong. How do would you define a strong 3rd house? I have a moon with a strong shadbala, good AV but i was born very close to a new moon. Also, moon is aspected in 1-7 position by jupiter...

Maybe you could provide me with an insight?

Thanks.

2nd October 1986 , 1:00am , Singapore

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 08 Mar 2012

Good day Sunjit,

Your horoscope has a very strong Viparita Raja yoga. in fact it's the strongest I have seen. Good one. Kuja as the Karaka for the 3rd house is exalted, is strong and aspects the 3rd. All in all, it's a good chart.

Best regards,

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 09 Mar 2012

Dear Deepak,

My 6H has Debilitated Venus and my 6L is in 8H. My 10L is in Mooltrikona. Does this Yoga applicable?
God bless you.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 09 Mar 2012

Good day Caliber,

The horoscope calls for the 10th house lord to be in Deep exaltation. We are happy if the planet is placed in his exalted sign. I dont think the Moolatrikona placement is enough to make this Yoga work at full power. However, some effect should trickle in since a moolatrikona placement is the next best placement after exaltation.

Best regards,

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 09 Mar 2012

Dear Deepak. Thanks

If you need further details.

11.11.1964, 17.20 Hrs, Male, Guntur.
God bless you.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 09 Mar 2012

No no Caliber ji, this yoga is not applicable at all. There is a Viprita raja yoga though. The yoga is clear. The 6th lord has to be debilitated. That is not the case here.
Best regards,

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 09 Mar 2012

astroboy wrote:Good day Sunjit,

Your horoscope has a very strong Viparita Raja yoga. in fact it's the strongest I have seen. Good one. Kuja as the Karaka for the 3rd house is exalted, is strong and aspects the 3rd. All in all, it's a good chart.

Best regards,

Hi Astro,

Just as a general guide, what do you look for to assess the strength of a planet in a house?

I know you are particularly fond of looking for the fateful degree but what are some of the other things that is note worthy.

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 21 Mar 2012

astroboy wrote: .....

I am yet to come across this yoga in any chart. If any members of the forum have this yoga I request you to please share the birth details with me, along with their experiences at the work place. This is the only way we can assess if the debilitation of the Dustana lords, specially the 6th lord, is good or bad for the individual.
Dear Astroboy,

I believe I have this Jaya Yoga.

03/24/84, 08:24am IST, Pune, India.

However, Mercury (3rd and 6th lords) is attaining both NBRY and VRY in D1-does this alter the Jaya Yoga?

10th lord Saturn although in deep exaltation (with DigBala as well) in D1 is attaining neecha in D9 (again gets NBRY in D9 though :? !).

Look forward to your guidance on interpreting this.

Cheers,

AstroKid_84

Post by 123 » 24 Mar 2012

People born today morning, around 8:20am may have Jaya Yoga, although Saturn is not in deep exaltation.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 05 Apr 2012

Dear Astroboy,

What if 6th and 10th lords exalted. 6th is in 11th and 10th is in 6th. This person has a good caliber to fight with enemy and this person earns a good money through business, runs a private limited company.

Thank you.

Regards
Nilesh
Last edited by anilesh47 on 15 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 05 Apr 2012

:D strong enemies and he still manages to fight them. The 10th lord is exalted and very strong due to his Retrogression. This Shani has an added benefit of having his house lord Shukra in an exalted state in the 11th house of Gains. His Upachaya houses are immensely strong. Shani the 10th lord is stronger than Shukra, and thus, the native is able to fight his enemies.

A very very strong chart from the point of the Upachaya houses. Excellent chart to have.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 05 Apr 2012

Thanks Astroboyji for looking on above chart. He is my younger bro :D . He is in his 30s now but still unmarried, no doubt is in love with girl (from other caste). Due to oppositon from girl side, he is unable to get marry to her. When will marriage happen in his case?

Thank you.

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 05 Apr 2012

he is being too Righteous, and so is the girl. I think he, and she, want the parents to say yes to the marriage. {Guru in the 7th}. what is he waiting for ? Any time he makes up his mind, done deal. :?: :!: :arrow: :idea:

Having said that, I dont have the girls horoscope, so I cant comment much. However, things will hot up from August this year.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 06 Apr 2012

Last edited by anilesh47 on 15 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 07 Apr 2012

Dear Astroboyji, can you see if this yoga is applicable

I have deb mercury in 6th house and 10 lord moon in it's own house.
Last edited by ashtalakshmi on 20 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.