Mrityunjaya mantra and Thomas Ashley Ferrand's case

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dhanvanta
Mrityunjaya mantra and Thomas Ashley Ferrand's case

Post by Dhanvanta » 12 Feb 2011

Question!

Namaste,

Reading the article "Benefits of Mahamrityunjaya mantra" (http://lightonvedicastrology.com/dailyj ... 092407.htm) , I thought I bring up the issue in this forum to get insights. You friends who know Thomas Ashley Ferrand, probably know that he died of terminal cancer almost recently. This is despite the fact that in his book "Healing Mantras" he mentions that he spent 7 years chanting this mantra in the traditional Vedic way (i.e. with rituals prescribed). Yet, he neither enjoyed longevity nor good health at the end of his life. Such cases are very perplexing. How could Mr. Ferrand's case be explained? How come a man escapes terrible death by just a few weeks of chanting Mahamrityunjaya mantra while someone like Mr. Ferrand who was a (Vedic) priest himself seems not to have attained the results attributed to this mantra?

Any comment would be highly appreciated,
Dhanvanta
Last edited by Dhanvanta on 29 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Dhanvanta

Re: Mrityunjaya mantra and Thomas Ashley Ferrand's case

Post by Dhanvanta » 14 Feb 2011

Thanks Anupam,

If I am right, what you referred to as the theory of co-relation should have to do with "Kalachakra". I have not studied it yet but I am interested to know about it especially from someone like you who has had practical experience with it. It would be very kind of you to let me know more about it.

Thank you for sharing,
Dhanvanta

Dhanvanta

Post by Dhanvanta » 14 Feb 2011

As much we go deep as much we realise
Absolutely. There are layer and layers of knowing and this is what makes living and learning so attractive.

Just wanted to add that in the case of Mrityunjaya mantra, it is a Moksha mantra as well and it is generally said to be one of the most powerful removers of karma (in addition to Gayatri and Hare Krishna Mahamantra).
Similar cases do exist of course. If you are familiar with Vaishnava literature, especially Hare Krishna movement, they say Hare Krishna Mahamantra is so powerful and purifying that even hearing it for some time can transform one. A famous example is the story of Haridasa Thakura and the prostitue for which I am providing the link: http://www.harekrishna.com/col/books/YM/cbh/ch6.html.
I have no doubt about the potency of any of said mantras. But one may ask, how come some great disciples of Swami Prabhupada became involved in criminal acts despite chanting the Mahamantra regularly? How could some cases of child molestation in their gurukula's be explained? (Let's forget about critical arguments against Swami Prabhupada himself for now).
Generally how come some great spiritual masters who have even left wonderful teachings became corrupt and greedy later? The only explanation I have ever received has had to do with their sincerity and quality of their heart. This could explain many cases. Yes, anytime one can fall. But the case of Mr. Ferrand is a completely different case anyway considering what is said about Mahamrityunjaya.

Thanks again
Dhanvanta

Dhanvanta

Post by Dhanvanta » 15 Feb 2011

Dear Anupam,

I read your comment.
Last edited by Dhanvanta on 29 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 01 Apr 2011

could you anyone point to his official website if any. coz what ever website google comes up for Thomas Ashley Ferrand/Namdev Acharya with have completely commercialized mantra sadhana. :(
Nothing is free except God's Grace.