Evel Knievel Article

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
jyotishgeek
Evel Knievel Article

Post by jyotishgeek » 04 Feb 2011

Hi Vaughnji,
I enjoyed this article, and found it interesting. Thanks for posting it. I just don't see the extreme difference in Evel's chart and Jane Fonda's chart, that would explain their different careers. Please explain. thanks, Jyotishgeek

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Evel Knievel Article

Post by Vaughn Paul » 05 Feb 2011

Hi Jyotishgeek,
Glad you enjoyed the article. You're right that their careers are not that different, since they're both performers: actress and stuntman. This is seen by the exchange between the 1st and 3rd lords. The big difference as I mentioned in the article is that Knievel's Mars is much more prominent because it mutually aspects his lagna lord Saturn, and is in the 3rd house from the Moon. Vaughn Paul

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 07 Feb 2011

Hi Aseem,
Yes, well said. I agree. Vaughn Paul

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 07 Feb 2011

Hi Db,
HI Ketu dasha was ages 12-19. A Ketu dasha in teenage years usually indicates a confused, disillusioned time period which could involve exploring altered states of experience like drug use, especially with Ketu being ruled by Mars, a malefic. Mars is reckless and impulsive, and in aspect to lagna lord Saturn, is reckless towards his own body. He got into trouble with the law in these years, was a rebel, and also pursued motorcycle jumping. Combinations of malefics can indicate illegal activity. His Venus period that followed was much better in this regard. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 11 Feb 2011

Vaughnji,

Nice explanation of Ketu period. But Vaughnji, what does 'disillusion' mean here? 'Disillusion' normally means coming out of illusion, which is a positive trait, but it seems, you have used that word here in a negative sense. I guess, I am not understanding the word correctly; would you please say what the word means in this context?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 15 Feb 2011

Hi Basab,
Yes, the definition of disillusionment is to become free from illusions, which is obviously positive. However, the word is also used to mean disenchant, or become dissatisfied with something that was once important to them, like a career pursuit. This can cause them to wander aimlessly, lose motivation, become depressed, get into drugs, etc. This is one common outcome of a Ketu dasha, especially when one is young and immature. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 19 Feb 2011

Thank you Vaughnji for wonderfully explaining it. It's absolutely clear to me now.