Free Will and Remedial Measures - March 24, 2006

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Free Will and Remedial Measures - March 24, 2006

Post by Narayan » 25 Oct 2010

Dear Maheshji:

Though you asked this to respected Anupamji, I would like to have my inputs. Anupamji, sorry for interfering to the question asked to you.

"Once all debts/deposits are cleared, we are free to do whatever we like. But, such a free-soul, as long as it is active, has to do some work (with the help of mind and body) which again gets debited in a new account. So, unless a Soul stops working (actions), the karmic cycle and the indicator (horoscope and planets) has to be alive and active."

First of all understand, soul does not do anything. It is the mind which is always in action, unaware of the base it is in. "Once all debts or deposits are cleared, then no more karma is formed as the soul will completely take over u" and from that time onwards, whatever u do with the help of the mind Maheshji, absolutely no karma is formed, but then u wont also hardly do from that point onwards. Even your speech will be very deliberate and limited as well. Unless the words come from within, u wont be speaking up and that is the state from that point onwards.

"unless a Soul stops working (actions), the karmic cycle and the indicator (horoscope and planets) has to be alive and active."

Wrong....the mind is one which has to stop working. Mind is nothing, but a place where all sorts of thoughts arise and subside plus a point where all actions happen. It is not an organ or object. Mind works on the basis of past samskaras plus whatever u create or think or act upon thinking in this body. So, Karmic cycle is active only till time when u are in material plane or called as in mind.

Soul is beyond Karmic cycle, so that's why when one's mind subsides into its root or merges into its root, then mind wont behave anymore like it was earlier as it is under the mouth of the soul and hence no more karma is performed after that. After that, where is the question of thought process and thinking happening? Memory and brain wont think anymore as it will not receive signals from mind to interpret as it wishes. But, u will be under the full control of soul from that time.

All sensations and all things which we are seeing and enjoying through now is just on mindly or material plane, but once the mind merges into its root or base, all these all goes into nonexistence. Soul will from that point onwards sometimes will act through mind, but then it will be very limited and hence, these acts become divine from that point onwards. Once u become soul, then u will even understand that there is nothing so called as mind other than the mere saying of mind, mind

"Is it that the Soul wants do some thing hence body and mind are attached as helping tools for that mission?"

Again, as told above, Soul does nothing...it is the mind which is acting based upon its samaskaras. How can a body and mind attached to the soul Maheshji? Mind is attached to the soul, but not soul is. Soul is not attached to anything. Have you seen a baby monkey and a mother monkey especially when mother monkey is jumping from tree to tree? Which one is attached to which? Is it the baby monkey or the mother monkey?

Maheshji, you are experiencing the state of in soul daily whereby I did not know, I did not feel, I did not touch, I did not see, but without u being aware of it, daily in deep sleep..where mind goes and lays in its root. Again, when u wake up in the morning, the mind is again active released from the root and u see the whole world and that also u are not aware of it. And that is why people find unlimited enjoyment in sleep and completely refreshed when one wakes up. Even the whole body is active when u wake up from deep sleep, ur memory brightens up. Once u become soul, even each cell will lit up.

Through the mind u are experiencing pictures with the help of this outer eye, through pancheyndriyas and pancha boothas, you are experiencing sensations, smell, touch etc...

"is it that the Soul is acting since mind and body are attached?

If the second (b) is true, Is the detachement (free) from mind and body is the only way to close the cycle?"

Complete detachment will come only when u become soul. From that point onwards, one will be liberated. But after that, another step of something called salvation is there. i do not know about that.

Maheshji, these are all a state to be experienced. It cannot be understood by brain or memory or that state cannot be expressed in words.

Regards

Narayanan

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 26 Oct 2010

Dearest Anupamji:

"Mind are not the part of any soul"

If mind is not part of the soul, then how does the soul carry it after the death of the body to another body?

I read in a book titled "life after death" whereby it states "the soul carries a person's subtle body of mind, intelligence, and false ego, along with his state of consciousness, on to his next birth"

Regards

Narayanan

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 26 Oct 2010

Dear Narayanan ji,

What you say is true. The soul after leaving the body takes with it manas, buddhi, chitta and ahamkara. Chitta is the mind stuff that projects in various degrees and intensities.

But the mind, ego and intelligence goes always along with the soul in order to dispense the stain of Karma. But the soul itself is unaffected. It is like a person seeing good and bad things in the world. The mind is affected by the good and the bad sights that he sees, but he, the ego himself is unaffected. Shiva meditates peacefully in the mountains at times, at other times He is the same Bhairava again. But that doesn't affect the nature of Shiva. I think this is what Anupamji was referring to.

best regards,
Sunny

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Sunnyji:

"But the mind, ego and intelligence goes always along with the soul in order to dispense the stain of Karma. But the soul itself is unaffected."

Yes true, you are right there.

Thanks for helping me in my journey,

Narayanan

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Anupamji:

No, I do not have any confusion now as Sunnyji cleared it. Meanwhile, you may please do not stop writing here as your posts, Ramananji's, Krishnagopalji's post are all a lot helpful as far as I am concerned for my journey and for me, it is a learning process always.

Thanks,

Narayanan

nggm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nggm » 15 Nov 2010

Respected Anupam ji,

I have sent a pm to you. Will you pls check your forum-inbox?

Thanks & Regards,

nggm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nggm » 15 Nov 2010

Thank you Anupam ji. I will wait for your reply.

Thanks
Sarika

Abhijit Muhurta !!!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Abhijit Muhurta !!! » 20 Nov 2010

Greetings to Anupam ji...Mahesh ji... :D
very interesting exchange of posts...
just thought i could share a small note by the renowned Rumi

Soul receives from soul that knowledge,
therefore not by book nor from tongue.
If knowledge of mysteries come after emptiness of mind,
that is illumination of heart
:)

Abhijit Muhurta !!!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Abhijit Muhurta !!! » 20 Nov 2010

Well 'Aham-Brahamasami' is an elusive word. Who related this word to Deha they became Rakshasas and who really realised the meaning of this word they got freed from this world.
very well said Anupamji... :)
The utterance from Shankarcharya was in exultation of realising his true self/nature. and never to be taken in its literal ego-centric meaning :D