The Dark Side of Mel Gibson

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
The Dark Side of Mel Gibson

Post by Basab » 31 Jul 2010

Vaughnji,

In Mel Gibson's chart, 3 malefics are in the 6th house: isn't malefics in the 6th house supposed to be good? As per what you have written in the article, it is one of the negative features of the chart. Would be glad if you explain this point. Thank you in advance.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: The Dark Side of Mel Gibson

Post by Vaughn Paul » 31 Jul 2010

Dear Basab,
Yes, malefics in the 6th house are generally good overall. This is because the 6th house is one of the four upachaya houses (3, 6, 10, 11), which are 'growing' houses that improve over time. They are generally the best location for malefics, especially the 11th. Yet, the 6th house is still dusthana house, and in Gibson's chart all the malefics (except the Sun) converge, without any benefic aspect. This makes him powerful for overcoming his enemies and competitors (6th house) but it still emphasizes the qualities of this house, and an imbalance of malefic energy in a violent sign of Mars. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 01 Aug 2010

Thank you for explaining the point Vaughnji.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 01 Aug 2010

Hi Basab,
Even though malefics generally do better in upachaya houses (cause the least harm) they are still malefics none the less. When malefics combine in a malefic sign (ruled by a malefic) without a benefic aspect then it can be a very challenging combination. It's often seen in the charts of criminals, etc. Vaughn Paul

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 01 Aug 2010

VaughnJi,

Is it because of combination of lagna lord mercury along with 5th lord venus in 8th house,aspected by 8th lord saturn from 6th house which is further spoilt because of mars+rahu conjunction in 6th house?

When jupiter dasa was running, all these negative qualities would not have been visible and he was a hero! may be because of jupiter-sun exchange,that too emphasing sagittarius,warrior influence! (may be a brave heart in jupiter dasa)

And saturn dasa started,which affects his lagna lord and 5th lord as 8th lord is giving these results. In further saturn dasa, health would be great concern more than anything as 8th lord conjuncts 6th lord in 6th house afflicted by nodes. Am i right in understanding sir?

Basab

Post by Basab » 01 Aug 2010

Vaughn Paul wrote:Hi Basab,
Even though malefics generally do better in upachaya houses (cause the least harm) they are still malefics none the less. When malefics combine in a malefic sign (ruled by a malefic) without a benefic aspect then it can be a very challenging combination. It's often seen in the charts of criminals, etc. Vaughn Paul
Yes Vaughnji, I agree with you. And I remember now, your writing about malefic planets crowding in malefics signs, especially of Mars, giving criminal tendencies.

Basab

Post by Basab » 04 Aug 2010

Quoting from the latest article, "Because the 8th house is the house of sex, and Venus and the 5th house indicate romance, this certainly shows Gibson's strong sexual 'urge to merge' shall we say."

Vaughnji,

Is the 7th house also the house of sex, and can we call the 12th house also the house of sex as the 12th house is known to be the house of bed pleasures?

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 06 Aug 2010

Hi Basab,
Yes, in different ways they are also houses of sex. The 7th house is simply the house of relationship, being opposite the 1st house, the house of the 'self'. It shows the interaction between self and other (7th house), with sex being one form of interaction, the urge to merge with another person. The 8th house corresponds to Scorpio and both represent the genitals. The 12th house, like the 8th house, is a hidden house. Sex takes place in private. I consider the 8th house the primary house of sex because it corresponds to the reproductive organs. I'm sure there are other good explanations, but off the top of my head these are some thoughts. In different ways, the 5th (romance), 7th, 8th and 12th houses are all houses that have involvement with sex. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Post by Basab » 06 Aug 2010

Thank you Vaughnji for answering my question.