About Kobe Bryant & Sun-Saturn association

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Ashok
Contributor
Contributor
About Kobe Bryant & Sun-Saturn association

Post by Ashok » 20 Mar 2010

I do not attribute qualities of discipline, focus etc to Sun-Saturn conjunction, not in the very least. On the other hand, selfishness and isolation could result from it. Even when both are exalted and in mutual opposition, the results are far
from positive. I have seen almost brazen selfishness and near total isolation even when both are exalted.

One person has Sun exalted in Aries ascendant conjunct Mars and Saturn exalted & vargottama in Libra. She was a healthy girl till she was struck by rheumatism at the age of 15 stunting and arresting her growth almost completely. She remains about 5 feet tall, the height she was when the illness struck. She is affluent but is not at all averse to stooping low to grab more. The strength of Sun, Mars and Saturn perhaps ensure that she is successfully selfish !! She grabs successfully !! There is greed and there is guilt too. Incompatible mix, perhaps? :D

In my view, Sun-Saturn combination or opposition creates undesirable complexity, an incompatible mix, an unhealthy fusion
of opposite impulses. Even so, the specific results vary with specific placements. Usually, Sun in Leo with closely conjunct Saturn may do well not because of Saturn but inspite of it. Similarly, if Saturn in Aquarius gives good results when conjunct Sun, it is not because of Sun but inspite of it. To attribute "positive results" to Sun-Saturn conjunction is, perhaps, misplaced optimism or even wishful thinking or just a noble attempt to placate and soothe fears by positive thinking.

The good qualities of a planet emerge when it is strong and vice versa. Hence, how can a weak Saturn produce discipline especially when further weakened by being conjunct with the Sun? Discipline would be indicated by a powerful, well placed and unafflicted Saturn.

I would attribute Kobe Bryant's success to other positive combinations in his chart: Hamsa mahapurusha Yoga, Adhi Yoga, Gajakesari Yoga etc. Moon in Aries has good pakshabala and is aspected by sign lord Mars & is in kendra from exalted Jupiter with Venus in Virgo giving an Adhi Yoga. This along with Sun in Leo shows strength of both luminaries. Mercury
is unafflicted and joins exalted Jupiter. Jupiter exalted in kendra from Moon confers success and abundance. His success
is not because of Sun-Saturn conjunction but inspite of it. If Saturn had been in Capricorn, for example, unafflicted by
Sun, strong in own house and aspected by exalted Jupiter, his success would have reached new heights and he may have gone down as one of the immortals in the history of the game. While the aforesaid factors have made him what he is,
he may fall short of a place in history as one of the immortals of the game mainly on account of Sun-Saturn conjunction.
If nothing else, the end and exit could be sudden.

A good example of Saturn's "disciplinarian" strength is Prakash Padukone, the former All England badminton champion.
He has Aries ascendant with Saturn exalted in the 7th aspecting Lagna and exalted Jupiter in 4H. As a boy, he practised badminton in a marriage hall because there was no badminton court nearby. He used to aim the shuttle through rod like structures that hung from the roof. His touch play is legendary in badminton circles and could triumph against the raw powerplay of the champions of his day. The skill of exalted Jupiter perhaps but also the discipline and perseverence of
an exalted Saturn. (needless to say, unafflicted by Sun-Saturn association :D )

Regards,

Ashok

Basab

Re: About Kobe Bryant & Sun-Saturn association

Post by Basab » 21 Mar 2010

Ashokji,

What period was the girl was running at that time (when she got sick), and is the health problem affecting her from leading a normal life?
Ashok wrote:One person has Sun exalted in Aries ascendant conjunct Mars and Saturn exalted & vargottama in Libra. She was a healthy girl till she was struck by rheumatism at the age of 15 stunting and arresting her growth almost completely. She remains about 5 feet tall, the height she was when the illness struck. She is affluent but is not at all averse to stooping low to grab more. The strength of Sun, Mars and Saturn perhaps ensure that she is successfully selfish !! She grabs successfully !! There is greed and there is guilt too. Incompatible mix, perhaps? :D

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 03 Apr 2010

What does an exalted Sun combo with debilitated Saturn represent in 9th house in navamsa?
I am sure it means he will act gainst wishes of her father as some point and aggravate him. (impacting relationship with father)
Su being father of Sa does not cause it so much harm when compared to harm that neecha Sa can do to Sun.
Comments welcome.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

birthtimes

Post by birthtimes » 02 Dec 2011

I wonder whether Kobe has a Pisces lagna?! Exalted Jupiter would then rule his 1st and 10th Houses, and be located in the 5th House. Two natural malefics, Sun and Saturn, would then be in the upachaya 6th House--and we can see the repeatable significance of this (e.g., Bill Russell and Dennis Rodman) in the Feb 13, 2007 Diary Archive article discussing Phil Jackson and Success in Competition!

aishe

Post by aishe » 27 Feb 2013

Hi all;

What do you think about for this chart

DOB: 15 April 1983
Time: 07:00 a.m
Place of Birth: Adana, Turkey
Coordinates: 37.01N ,35.18E
GMT: +3 (no dst), Lagna: Aries

Sun exalted & vargottama in Aries ascendant conjunct Mars and Moon, Saturn exalted in Libra, Venus is in own house in rasi;

Sun exalted & vargottama in Aries mutual reception with Mars in Leo, Venus exalted, Jupiter and Mercury in own house in navamsa;

It's my chart and I can just say that I was in a big transformation between 2008-2012.

Waiting for your comments
Thank you

Astrodude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astrodude » 21 Jul 2014

Dear Ashok,

Your article looks all glittery. But first thing you should understand is the sun or saturn MD should have been ruuning at the time of that girl,s problems.. Without that yo can never generalize the effects to be sun- saturn.

Regards
Astrodude

Ashok
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ashok » 27 Jan 2020

In 2010, I wrote my view on Kobe Bryant's Sun-Saturn combination. I summed up my analysis in these words "If nothing else, the end and exit could be sudden." (see post above by Ashok dated March 21st 2010 posted on this forum).

Today, 28th Jan 2020, newspapers around the world have reported Kobe Bryant's death in a helicopter crash.
"If nothing else, the end and exit could be sudden." God's grace facilitates insight and intuition and a pure intuitive flash glimpses the truth :) Astrology is Jyotish "Lord of the light" and the eye of knowledge.

God is great ! Praise the Lord ! Satyameva Jayate. Thank God, the truth shall triumph :)

Love to one and all,

Ashok

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 31 Jan 2020

So true Sir. Sad for kobe Bryant. Though your prediction was quite on point 👍

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 03 Feb 2020

Hi,

Request you to kindly share Kobe's birth details, along with source.

Sincerely...