Latest article: Shaun White: Comitted and Confident

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
Latest article: Shaun White: Comitted and Confident

Post by Basab » 07 Mar 2010

Vaughnji,

I liked this latest article of yours very much--thank you for writing it for us. I didn't understand one point in the article and so for getting it clarified thought of asking you about it. So, let me quote the line from the last para of the article, where the confusion I have lies:
When you combine these qualities of commitment and confidence, shown by both Saturn and Jupiter aspecting a strongly placed Sun ...

What I understood from the above line is, Saturn, the planet of committment, and Jupiter, the planet of confidence, aspecting the Sun, the planet of personality, has given Shaun White those qualities, but then, I was wondering whether the strong Sun can be considered responsible for the confidence, and Jupiter, for boosting it up (the confidence), as it is a planet of expansion, with its aspect on it (the Sun) ? I am not sure about it, so thought of asking you. Would be glad if you please answer my question.

Thank you once again for the wonderful article.

Link for the article: http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 022810.htm

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Latest article: Shaun White: Comitted and Confident

Post by Vaughn Paul » 08 Mar 2010

Dear Basab,
A strongly placed Sun can give confidence, and Jupiter's aspect expands this, and adds qualities like optimism. The Sun is the primary indicator for confidence, but there is a grey area here because when we're optimistic and have a positive outlook it is like we are confident that things will go well. The Sun is particularly "self" confidence - having belief in our own abilities. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Re: Latest article: Shaun White: Comitted and Confident

Post by Basab » 08 Mar 2010

Thank you Vaughnji for explaining the point.