About leaving this forum

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
About leaving this forum

Post by Nora » 26 Aug 2018

Hi guys

I'm curious why I came/come across some people who decided to go away from this forum for good I.e stop being its member or contributing. I read the posts of some former contributors, who were very active here a few years ago, but they decided not longer contribute and some even mentioned below their sign offnames that they are leaving for good.

So, I'm just curious why would anyone stop contributing here or stop being a member for good?

I mean everyone has personal issues so I'm not sure whether that may be a reason cos they can always come back later but they don't. So, I wonder if its any other reasons like loss of interest or belief in astrology maybe? Or something else?

Kind regards

Nora

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Re: About leaving this forum

Post by wanderingSteps » 06 Sep 2018

I guess Nora, people leave this forum, when they are not answered by those who talk like if they know, and when these knowledgeable are really are asked a question, they pretend to be students, students who keep on starting threads all over and using replies and posts to increase the count of their post and hence the status on this portal in terms of contribution, but when they have not really contributed anything, and possibly copy pasted stuff from other websites. So basically when people start to play a game of being a knower/ knowledgeable at times(when really they are the ones who need answers), and students at times (when their knowledge is required to be published).

For sure there are actual contributors also in the forum, along with those like above, which becomes very confusing.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 17 Sep 2018

Hmmm that's a profound answer wandersteps.. there is some truth to it..but I also found that some of those who left the forum was because they got busy with their families and professions...and some people also left because they didn't feel well or they didn't feel a connect here cos they were left battered by the play of bad Mahadashas and Antaras or had come out of one and couldn't make peace with themselves. So, there seems to be a range of reasons from what I've gathered.

Nora

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 17 Sep 2018

Seems like you have a lot of personal conversations with them Nora, so much that it has lead to a research database :)

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 18 Sep 2018

lol not all via personal conversations...some is just seeing their last post etc...and some through those who were active before they left...they probably told them the reason etc. Yes I like research :)

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 18 Sep 2018

I think we all should focus on the research and sharing what we are on this forum for.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 19 Sep 2018

Will try to do it wandering steps I agree with you :)

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 19 Sep 2018

Wow!