Karmas (Actions) or Destiny- which is more powerful ?

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Karmas (Actions) or Destiny- which is more powerful ?

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Oct 2018

And only if your 9th lord is stronger than your 10th lord, dharma and bhagya can change your karma and destiny.

astromrigashira
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by astromrigashira » 11 Oct 2018

Offlate since 4 to 5 months been experiencing synchronicities, looked up online says spiritual awakening, since past few months been delving deeper into astrology than ever before...Ketu in 12h in moksha house cancer and currently in Saturn-mercury antar dasha w mercury in 10th in D1 Leo Ascendant, Sa in 5h, in D10 me and Sa both in Virgo with Taurus Ascendant!any thoughts? Really wondering if the synchronicities are some how connected to my deep dive into astrology. Also apprehensive of upcoming Ketu antar dasha next year.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 12 Oct 2018

Ketu in 12 th and synchronicities. Welcome to this world, and you will have both great and sad moments, you may or not be shocked by them, but definitely there will be great syncs you will notice. I just confirm it to you based on my experience.
And yeah, you would be able to relate these syncs eventually with your karma. Initially though none of the syncs may make sense. It may happen that for 2-3 years these syncs are visible to you, but without any clarity where and why are they here. What has been your experience thus far though? How many months/ years are you having them?

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 30 Oct 2018

[quote="Khoo Hock Leong" post_id=270075 time=1539240743 user_id=1017]
And only if your 9th lord is stronger than your 10th lord, dharma and bhagya can change your karma and destiny.
[/quote]

Hi Sir, if both 9th & 10th lords( jupiter & Mars) conjuct at 8th( house of Saturn, aquarius) then how the results would emerge out ? :(

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 31 Oct 2018

[quote=astromrigashira post_id=270095 time=1539284145 user_id=20745]
Offlate since 4 to 5 months been experiencing synchronicities, looked up online says spiritual awakening, since past few months been delving deeper into astrology than ever before...Ketu in 12h in moksha house cancer and currently in Saturn-mercury antar dasha w mercury in 10th in D1 Leo Ascendant, Sa in 5h, in D10 me and Sa both in Virgo with Taurus Ascendant!any thoughts? Really wondering if the synchronicities are some how connected to my deep dive into astrology. Also apprehensive of upcoming Ketu antar dasha next year.
[/quote]

'' Avasyam anubhoktham karmaphalam shubhashubham '' Karma is the cause of destiny and destiny is the result of karma . The question of which is stronger does not arise at all .

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 01 Nov 2018

"Re: Karmas (Actions) or Destiny- which is more powerful ?"

Karma, among other things, requires birth in a human body (destiny), continuance of life for a reasonable period (Destiny), and consciousness all the while (destiny). Hence destiny is always more powerful. But having said that, focused positive (unselfish) karmic initiatives, under the guidance of an able Guru, can give us oases of happiness even while we sometimes face the worst forms of destined sorrows. Hence positive karma is always encouraged...

goodsamaritan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by goodsamaritan » 24 Dec 2018

[quote=joyd post_id=244418 time=1506592345 user_id=18243]
THEE PAST BIRTH KARMA'S DECIDES THE PRESENT BIRTH DESTINY.THEY ARE ALWAYS INTER CONNECTED THINGS.
---------------
IFyou can learn to reduce your inhalation & exhalation to 108 times in a day from 21600 times in a day.

joyd
[/quote]

@joyd

How to achieve that?

Thanks in advance
Good samaritan

kulu2007
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kulu2007 » 26 Dec 2018

[quote=aganapa2 post_id=267950 time=1535643747 user_id=5195]
In my understanding, Prarabdha Karma is the destiny of current birth. So comparing both is not the correct way of looking at it.We have made a contract ....

- AG
[/quote]

This is by-far near perfect explanation of entire scheme of things. As I keep on thinking.. our paths and destinations are already defined. Only effort (karmas) we need to take is putting the steps. Final destination is the same place where we once started journey. Everyone is at different destination along their journeys. Some are closer to final destination, some are enjoying their present journey so much that they have forgotten about final destination, someone is ignorant about it, someone is completely lost.
In this huge mesh of paths, there are also some shortcuts which we (as normal person) don't know about. however these are only known to those enlightened masters- who have already completed their journeys or are at their last but one stop. Depending on how far you have travelled, how well you have travelled (as in your awareness of reaching final destination) these gurus will pick you up and put on that fast track to reach final destination quickly. For few who are completely lost in this loooong journey, They will show the way ahead. For ignorants, Guru will try to make them realise they are on journey and what brought them here might not get them 'there'.

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 21 Mar 2019

This whole discussion makes me feel like we are actually those robots in the TV show 'West world'.. We were created by the almighty (or came from some divine energy), thrown into this illusional world. Once we start making some sense of this world, it keeps throwing obstacles to show us we don't belong here.

If we are just puppets in the hands of God, then there absolutely no question of free will.

And if we are actually God (by being part of a supreme divine energy), how and why did we choose to take birth in this world? Since we always existed but physical life on earth has not always existed.

Can anyone share their thoughts? Thanks.