Karmas (Actions) or Destiny- which is more powerful ?

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
kaustubh88
Contributor
Contributor
Karmas (Actions) or Destiny- which is more powerful ?

Post by kaustubh88 » 04 Feb 2017

Hi All,
The below article is give by a renowned astrologer Nikhil Gupta.
I hope you all would love it.
Many people argue that if everything is fixed as per Destiny or planets, then what’s the importance of doing good deeds or karmas or actions etc in our life.

So dear all please Remember:

Destiny is fixed since its defined on the basis of your past karmas (deeds or actions), NO remedies whatsoever can change it.

If somebody claims to change your destiny through any remedy, then he is simply fooling you.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, your friend Nikhil has to say something deep and subtle.

Through karmas or actions or remedies or name of GOD. YOU CAN MAKE YOUR THOUGHTS POSITIVE.

So if your death has come, then no body on this earth can save you from dying but if you will try then, you can choose to die happily.

Hence, NO alterations are possible as far as EXTERNAL events are concerned.

BUT your ATTITUDE and PERCEPTION towards those external events can be refined through karmas or actions or remedies or name of GOD.

IN other words INTERNAL EVENTS can be changed but external events cannot be altered since they are controlled by planets or destiny or your past karmas.

Hope you all would have understood the difference between Internal and external events.

These Internal events only SKETCH the CHANGES in YOUR NEXT LIFE to a major extent.

SO KARMA’S or DOING GOOD DEEDS IS OF utmost importance to shape your thoughts with the mud of positivity.

and DESTINY or your past karmas (actions) is of utmost importance w.r.t each external event which happens or occur or take place in your life.

So take these words of your friend Nikhil very straight and always remain eager to execute good deeds in life. You will surely feel better and happy. So simple.

A deeper view on Internal dynamics:

If internal events or our thought process is also fixed to the root. Then there will never be NO scope for improvement for anybody. NOW READ MY words VERY VERY carefully.

Suppose as per destiny a person has to face some problem for few seconds in every hour of the day.

1 hour has 60 minutes and 1 minute has 60 seconds. So 1 hour has 3600 seconds
So in the above example suppose for 5 seconds a person faces some issue/problem, this 5 second

problem in 1 hour is HIS DESTINY, in this 5 seconds even his internal events would be controlled BY DESTINY.

BUT BUT, what about those 3595 seconds, in which destiny has given no problem to that person.

A normal person will keep thinking about his problem even in those 3595 seconds and hence will lose the happiness of “No problem state of those 3595 seconds”.

Now why this happens, why that person is not able to notice that “No problem state of those 3595 seconds”, BECAUSE he has not practiced meditation or sadhna. If he would have practiced to observe each and every second of his life through practice of karama (like singing, or dancing or running or painting or any work), then he would be able to NOTICE that 3595 seconds

As a result those 3595 seconds would be sufficient enough to defeat the negativity of those 5 seconds. BUT what happens is reverse. 5 seconds negativity on account of destiny defeats those 3595 seconds

This is what I call understanding internal dynamics of thoughts.

The DAY YOU WILL LEARN TO LIVE LIFE in seconds, the same day, even after having BAD 5 seconds every hour due to destiny, you will be able to remain calm and in peace for the rest of the time.

THIS IS THE WAY moksha or enlightenment is achieved

BUT WHAT PREVENTS us to live in seconds, is “Kaam (passion), krodh (anger), lobh(want) , moh (attraction), irshya (jealousy)”. That’s why we say that these things can be curbed through the name of god or remedies.

Once these 5 enemies vanishes, you can live life in seconds and at that stage even after being in control of destiny you can remain detached from destiny through controlling your internal dynamics of thoughts.

If you can learn to reduce your inhalation & exhalation to 108 times in a day from 21600 times in a day. You will be in 1 one with god. You will be live for 1000’s of years, you will be beyond time and moksha or enlightenment will happen to you.

Even Astrologically we can go up to Prana and deha dasha , but even deha dasha lasts for few hours, SO WILL EACH SECOND for those few hours BE SAME.

NO, each second is different which you cannot even trace from Astrology. Hence Internal dynamics of thoughts can go even beyond astrology and that’s where god resides, i.e. beyond time.

TRICK lies in living in seconds and for that great practice of meditation is needed.

Happy Reading
kaustubh88

joyd

Re: Karmas (Actions) or Destiny- which is more powerful ?

Post by joyd » 27 Sep 2017

THEE PAST BIRTH KARMA'S DECIDES THE PRESENT BIRTH DESTINY.THEY ARE ALWAYS INTER CONNECTED THINGS.
---------------
IFyou can learn to reduce your inhalation & exhalation to 108 times in a day from 21600 times in a day. You will be in 1 one with god. You will be live for 1000’s of years, you will be beyond time and moksha or enlightenment will happen to you.

FOR THIS YOU HAVE THAT MUCH LAST BIRTH GOOD KARMAS IN YOUR ACCOUNT FIRST.without them you cant do anything.
-----------------
NO ONE CANT DECIDES WHICH IS MORE STRONGER..IT IS ASKING A QUESTION LIKE-WHETHER THE SEED IS FIRST OR THE TREE?

joyd

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 21 Jul 2018

I agree with your reply. Yes indeed one needs so many good karma of past lives to get a good birth and progress on the spiritual path which finally culminates in enlightenment, a natural state which is already exists but humans just aren't aware of due to the veil of maya which makes them do more and more karma.
My guru said to me that she did extreme penance and guru seva in all her lives. She did whatever her guru asked her and finally merged with guru (god)

So, although destiny is powerful ones actions are indeed also very powerful as they create future destiny. So, both are important and go hand in hand. And rarely can you distinguish which event is Karma or destiny. For examples I could be writing this text as part of karma or because it's my destiny. You'll know which it is only if you are enlightened.

Kind regards

Nora

joyd

Post by joyd » 21 Jul 2018

pl differentiate and define the word karmas and destiny in your way of understanding them.

joyd.

shaktichalini

Post by shaktichalini » 22 Jul 2018

Hi Kaustubh

I read your post keenly and I wish to convey my small disagreement,not total disagreement and I respect his views. Here Nikhil said you can't change your destiny at any cost but can only change the perception, the reaction of these stimuli in form of external events. But at the same time he says about breath control leading to moksha and the person being away from the clutches of time (kaal).
Isn't this breath control a karma to Control destiny(as he said you will be beyond time) means destiny can't touch you as destiny and other stimuli needs the base of time. IN spirituality nothing is external and internal. This world is manas shrishti as per Yoga vasishtha. Even the external world,stimuli,events is a variation of universal mind. And the mind which we have is the part and parcel of that universal mind made of exact same tattva.
Mahbharat says don't cry of daiva(prarabhda) its your own karma, do purushartha and win that prarabdha. I agree some karma of our past life are so strong that it will be bound to happen because you wanted to happen to the utmost degree. But you can change the degree of that external event,but for that you gotta be yogi of a higher order. For a mahayogi he can change the course of events. For them also previous birth karma do exist but once being able to win maya and being freed from its clutches, these maya shakti becomes his sahacharini. Its left to his wish if he want to experience those karma or change its form.
If we see from another point of view these karmendriya and gyanendriya are also external to us. All mental and intellect endeavours are external to the conscious soul residing in everybody heart. So when you say to control kaam krodh lobh moh etc. its like controllong the external world as these agitations comes under the scope of maya,prakriti the external world. You get agitated, violent etc due to past karma or destiny....so controlling it or trying to change the perception comes under the control of external world hence controlling destiny.
Destiny and karma are among the subtlest phenomenon we know. Its not gross enough that we can analyse it like a mechanical instrument. Also many prarabhda or sanchit karma you experience in the dreams. So dream control or control of dream state can act as a catalyst to burn some of your karma. Its again a different field but connected to the work of karma...be it prarabhda,sanchit or kriyaman karma.

PS:Prarabhdha karma was once a sanchit karma.
The planetary position is the land(barren/fertile) from which these sanchit karma(seeds) will sprout forth. And Gochar/Transit are the external stimuli that will help in bringing forth that particular plant(prarabhda) of different varities converting sanchit to prarabhda.
And the link between them is YOU.
I think this analogy is sufficient to understand will sanchit becomes prarabhda?
When and under what circumstances will this sanchit(seeds) will become devoid of strength to give the plant(prarabhda)?(like when the bija is set to extreme heat which in turn makes it non fertile)
The plant which was able to spring forth but in the beginning state, what can make it grow faster and what can hamper its growth?
But the plant which is fully developed, what can we do with that?
Lastly
Whose land is this?
&
This land comes under whose control?

PPS:Sorry for the long post. These are some of my views and my Guru. I am not saying that what we said is the final truth. Well "Truth" is beyond any words.

Thanks
Shaktichalini

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 25 Jul 2018

Karma or destiny are not different. They are one and the same when you've realised the truth (the Self). They appear different while we remain in duality. In fact the sanskrit word "karma" means both action and the consequences of the action, the latter is called destiny in English language for simplicity. A Yogi has no karma or destiny according to him. But others think that he is undergoing his karma or destiny because others still remain in duality whereas the yogi is awakened to the undivided truth even amidst the duality. The Yogi does not need to change his destiny because he has none. But he can change the way others perceive his destiny or even perceive their own. Whether the yogi does it is upto a divine will, if he feels he has better things to do in terms of helping others to attain the truth, then he won't misuse his siddhis (powers) to change others perception of the truth. First of all one must be pure hearted to get seek this truth from the Yogi.

Above has been taught by my Guru. Whether it is acceptable or not is upto you but that's what I can believe in for its from my Guru's mouth, so can't be untrue :D

Like I said, maybe I'm destined to write this or maybe it's just an action of mine that I'm writing this and the destiny of it is yet to come. Maybe...maybe...let it be!

Nora

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 19 Aug 2018

Hello All
I have recently learned that we are made of our beliefs. And heard few hundred accounts of those who have been through a near-death experience - Died clinically and came back to life. They explained how their consciousness worked at that time when they were dead. I personally was in my Ketu when i learned all this. The last 3.5 years of my Ketu looked to me like a very slowed down near death experience. And i am alive. Somebody in my family chose not to be alive. Knowing all the above i feel that the only one place we should be happy in and at peace with is our mind. And it is a wonderful place to be if you start to love your own company.

It was, yes, very difficult and painful. But i never knew we all are so powerful. Only now.

Strelets_410
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Strelets_410 » 21 Aug 2018

If I got things right, I think that destiny is like a river. It flows, and you're floating on it, so you can't really fight against it, trying to go in the opposite direction. However, your karma allows you to navigate accross the river, move from left to right while you're going forwards due to the flow of destiny.

ADI7YAK

Post by ADI7YAK » 21 Aug 2018

I have two ways of looking at things,first one being that everything is actually one. There's no duality,no difference between you and that car,for example. It all boils down to one thing, consciousness or God. It's like being in an infinite hallucination where one could've died trillion times since birth. The choice we make is one of the infinite choices available and we have no control whatsoever on our lives. Just like characters,things are made up by our minds in our dreams,reality is just one huge dream which seems to real. It's all in our brains. Karma,destiny, auspicious, inauspicious,good,evil,me,you,everything,In our heads.

Another thing is what we call reality is extremely intelligent and not brute dumb mechanical force. It works without a single glitch, without a single bug. We tend to thing we have lot of control, but there's absolutely none.

Second point of view is (as told by Swami Vivekananda and a lot of other great saints) is similar to whatever written above with one major difference,the controller. We are the controllers of whatever happens with our lives. Just that most of us haven't achieved the consciousness levels to either cognize or change it somehow. Saints did have such consciousness and they could see their past lives and past Karma. They sort of get out of this cycle of Karma post enlightenment and hence, they are not bound by law of Karma anymore. Entire destiny is in their hands. They can drop their body at their will (Saint Dnyaneshwar took Samadhi at the age of 16) they have no desire whatsoever. The power of extremely concentrated thought can achieve anything as per Swami Vivekananda himself. In their enlightenment process,they're also able to have various Siddhis but most often they're regarded as mere distractions. Once they reach the pinnacle of the Sadhana,they're no longer bound by past or present Karma and destiny has no impact on them.

As I said it requires a tremendous concentration developed only and only through arduous Sadhana and by putting thousands of hours into it. I wish I had such will power and capability to achieve this, but I'm just a normal human and I cannot even fathom the idea of meditating 22 hours a day. I have huge huge respect for people who can sit even a couple of hours,still without moving.

SweetV
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SweetV » 21 Aug 2018

Both are inextricably linked but no one can tell you how did we get 1st Karma
Regards

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 22 Aug 2018

Yeah true, no-one can exactly tell. When we depart from this world, those who have NDEs tell how they are able to see their whole life in this lifetime at once, with all the details. And some can also see lifetimes. But that realm hence where these details are visible is very light/ much less dense than the shape and form we see now. However, the sense/knowingness of greed, duty, devotion or any characteristic of any planet that has been acted upon by us in our previous lifetimes, I feel at times, is stored in our feelings. But rarely do we are taught to pay attention to our feelings.

To some, such feelings come alive, they are forced to look at them by them being forced to detach from the material representations. Or otherwise, in good times too we can access those feelings/ records of what we have done in past lives and what we have promised for future by listening to our inner being, by talking to ourself, by becoming our own friend.

I have had the experience of the forceful realization during my Ketu.
And prior to that during my Mercury, i had the feel-good experience part.

These are ofcourse just my views.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 22 Aug 2018

SweetV wrote:
21 Aug 2018
Both are inextricably linked but no one can tell you how did we get 1st Karma
Regards
Perhaps, when we first separated from Mother Nature and tried to exert free-will?

I think it is all part of growing-up for the soul that needs to complete before the circle of life-times brings it back to its SOURCE...?
Rohiniranjan

annadata sairam

Post by annadata sairam » 26 Aug 2018

with reservations most of the destinies are changed. and the system of reservation is continuing is there no body who can challenge the system of reservation .are we so incapable.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 26 Aug 2018

Reservation meaning?

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 29 Aug 2018

annadata sairam wrote:
26 Aug 2018
with reservations most of the destinies are changed. and the system of reservation is continuing is there no body who can challenge the system of reservation .are we so incapable.
No Government or Constitution is more powerful than destiny. Our nation has been ruled by far worse...

The underlying assumption of material well being being superior to spiritual or even mental well being is undermining dharma and religions everywhere(not just in Bharatavarsha)- this has also caused so called guardians of religion to be corrupted.

We cannot change others, leave alone ourselves - without tapasya. No human power is capable of stopping this from happening if your will is strong and divine will is there.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 30 Aug 2018

In my understanding, Prarabdha Karma is the destiny of current birth. So comparing both is not the correct way of looking at it.We have made a contract of what we want to do in this life with the truth.Maya is the environment we are placed on earth based on the Sanchita Karmas and our desires to evolve from Ignorance.The level of ignorance have also been accumulated over several births. The purpose of evolution of souls to go back/merge with source (truth) is the human birth.After wandering several births,the soul will decide,it is not worth coming back again and again and want to evolve into a higher being.

Destiny is fitted into our charts.Individual will be propelled, driven to act (effort) by his Vasanas (samskaras/habits -nature and desire),however the fruits/results will also be aligned with the contract.Human birth will have to overcome a near impossible obstacle of their samskaras/habits to realize/merge with the source.Such realized masters are Yogis and Gyanis who come down for the upliftment of ignorant souls,should there be a desire for moving close to the source. They are the real Gurus who can take us to the other side.So a Guru is one in a million to one in a million. So if we have a desirable desire and it is intense,then the conduit will be through a Guru ( not the material ones)...We will get a Guru who will guide us to the other side.

Nobody can change the Prarabhda. Only a Guru can, if he feels it is beneficial for the path.Human birth can only change the attitude towards Prarabdha and that is the goal. But Change in attitude is herculean and a mere mortal will succumb to environment because of his samskaras/Vasanas (habits) and that is the maya.

- AG

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 04 Sep 2018

Hi aganapa2
What does it mean by "Nobody can change the Prarabhda. Only a Guru can, if he feels it is beneficial for the path."
Is it the guru of a native or the native who is guru-like himself? If it is not the native, but a second person/ a reflective guru, how do you find from which sphere and in which form will the guru come?

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 06 Sep 2018

Native's Guru is decided also by his/her karma. There has to be a desire to realize the truth and this will have to be strong.If this is strong the Guru will find the native,no effort is required.

Some natives can knock at the wrong doors.Again it is their Prarabdha.

- AG

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 06 Sep 2018

okay. I want to describe something and ask if what I am experiencing is from a guru. So, I was in my Ketu Mahadasha. During that time a lot of truths came out. Painful truths. I asked the universe as to if i can trust anyone, because everyone around me was cheating me.

And immediately then the universe started to give me messages in very unconventional ways. Through events, showing me synchronicities, and variety of tools. It is not a coincidence. It cannot be a coincidence 50 times in a day every day since then. And i cannot start to see things i have not seen before, all the way, the long and full way in Saturn and Mercury Mahadashas before that.

So it this an invisible guru energy that it talking to me, coming to me on its own. It is not a human form. You see what i am asking? How do i know that it is a wrong door. I never asked it to be given to me. But i have not been able to turn a blind eye, so much is the force of that energy.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 06 Sep 2018

In my view,this is nothing but the play of Maya. Some occult stuff may appear to happen and you may deduce wrong things of it,out of your own ignorance .You need to stay clear and focus on where you want to go and what you want to achieve.Observe your mind and you will get the answer.

- AG

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 06 Sep 2018

I am observing my mind, very thoroughly. But the occult stuff that is appearing is appearing through me being turned to wherever there is art form made out of digits, or sequences of events.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 07 Sep 2018

wanderingSteps wrote:
06 Sep 2018
okay. I want to describe something and ask if what I am experiencing is from a guru. So, I was in my Ketu Mahadasha. During that time a lot of truths came out. Painful truths. I asked the universe as to if i can trust anyone, because everyone around me was cheating me.

And immediately then the universe started to give me messages in very unconventional ways. Through events, showing me synchronicities, and variety of tools. It is not a coincidence. It cannot be a coincidence 50 times in a day every day since then. And i cannot start to see things i have not seen before, all the way, the long and full way in Saturn and Mercury Mahadashas before that.

So it this an invisible guru energy that it talking to me, coming to me on its own. It is not a human form. You see what i am asking? How do i know that it is a wrong door. I never asked it to be given to me. But i have not been able to turn a blind eye, so much is the force of that energy.
Wanderingsteps,

Ketu can give psychic experiences depending on its position in your natal horoscope. As for Guru energy, will answer more in another post.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 07 Sep 2018

wanderingSteps wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Hi aganapa2
What does it mean by "Nobody can change the Prarabhda. Only a Guru can, if he feels it is beneficial for the path."
Is it the guru of a native or the native who is guru-like himself? If it is not the native, but a second person/ a reflective guru, how do you find from which sphere and in which form will the guru come?
The Guru is almost always external. It is the krpa of God in human form. Even avatara like Rama ( Guru Vasistha Rishi) and Krishna (Guru Sandipani RIshi) have had external Gurus. Our entire personality and limited idea of "self" is formed by our karma. Guru helps one escape from karmic bonds. I would personally be wary of anyone who claims to be their own Guru ( this is a very traditional attitude- Guru and his parampara are very important). Guru is both external and internal. Not having an external Guru is not advisable for a sincere aspirant sadhaka - it is not always possible for a person to distinguish by himself between guidance and being misled by ones own vasanas.

As for your psychic experiences, it always helps to get a Guru to understand and make sense of these OR ignore them. Even siddhis( many of these experiences come from kshudra siddhis-minor or insignificant) do not help one as far as experiencing the results of karma. This is why many of our Rishis advise treating them like mala(dirt).

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 08 Sep 2018

Hi tejomaya

Thank You for your response. Ketu is in my 12th. The psychic experiences i am seeing are those of a form that seemed just elevated within me, from the time it started, all the way uptil now. The form itself, however, has been reported to be experienced by many. They report it over the internet. There are thousands of articles written about it. I, initially, when experiencing the same, first captured few syncs, later googled as to what those could be. Later, after a lot of research, yet not able to find the answers, left the internet, and kept jotting down the syncs. Within me, it feels like i have been just given its another octave/ detail/ layer. Or may be it had come to me by practice, as compared to what is reported over internet, because there people just leave it at a surface level.

And after 4 years of jotting, maybe more, I have started to see the messages, as there is a pattern. And i have never found those messages over the internet. Nothing is scary, it is just a perspective in the messages. Its just how any other form of creation is.

coffeeday

Post by coffeeday » 12 Sep 2018

karmas create destiny and destiny follows karma and so the question of which is powerful does not arise .