Jyotish - facts and Myths

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Jyotish - facts and Myths

Post by Crystalpages » 14 Dec 2015

Sudarshang wrote: ...
Crystal,

Think of it like this - Atma is the seat of knowledge. It is the sentient being within the insentient body. Pleasure or Pain is a type of knowledge - Favorable knowledge is pleasure, unfavorable knowledge is pain. Who is the knower? The Atma. Therefore Pleasure or Pain is always to the Atma and not to the body. Same way, Atma is the decision maker, a decision that it implements using the body. Being the decision maker, if it decides right, and acts right using the body it gets punya. if it decides wrong, and acts wrong with the body, it gets papa. So the karma is attributed not to the body but to the Atma, the decision maker. Balance of papa/punya constitutes the Karmic Balance. Karmic balance decides what one is born as in next life.
Sorry ji, I must have missed this response so far. Thanks for taking the time.

I was not implying that the body has the karmic debt, but rather the mind where the knowledge, experiences, memories, pain and pleasure etc are felt! Even physical pain (diseases, etc) are *felt* at the mental level.

Mind is a functional concept and not a homogenous singleton unitary entity and some think of it as the interface between the physical and the spiritual-philosophical *entity* known as soul or perhaps a limited representation of soul.

Clinical information (including objective F-MRI observations) have indicated that patients in COMA and deep general anesthesia, unlike previous beliefs, remain aware of their surroundings and exchanges (conversations etc) in progress while the patients were clinically in coma or anaesthetized. So obviously, lights are not *out* even when they seem to be so to an observer.

Mind can be viewed as the fingers-hand of soul whereas the glove is the body, using a surgical analogy.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 06 Jan 2016

I do not agree with Anmohiey ji. I agree with Tylorechandra.
Kundalis have been used for forecasting predictions even in mythological texts.
Here is an example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32LmejngK18
Also, from my kundali, I was told I will marry a guy with Vrischik or Vrishabh rashi and it happened.
Also I got Raj yoga when the Yoga (Md-Ad lord) giving Raj yoga started. I went through hellish period at the age of 32 as all death houses 3rd, 6th, 8th and 12th were getting activated with Malefics. If I had shown my kundali to someone who could give proper prediction, surely would have tokd em earlier. But I myself figured out 32 year prediction based on Sage Bhrigu paddhati. Let me give you one more real life example: long back in early 2000 one of my neighbor's child just 6/7 yrs old was kidnapped in evening. His mother observed fast didn't drink even water and continued crying all night. But then they showed kundali to an astrologer and he told that his kid will return next day at 12:00 pm (noon). And sharp at 12:00 pm (noon) the kid reached their doorstep!!!! Its not like he was kidnapped in Rahu kaal and will come back in Abhijeet kaal. I actually have book on Nakshatras where one can find lost items in certain time. Like it tells you if item gets lost in certain nakshatra then it can show which direction, which jati (varna) man has taken and if you will receive the item or not and if you do receive then how long it will take for you to get back.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 07 Jan 2016

qwert123 wrote:we are in dwarpa yuga .. kali yuga expired 200 years ago as said by Sri yuketashwar gii

Please read the holy science by yuketshwar giri
That is indeed a rather interesting booklet where Swamiji mentioned about the two conventions (long one followed by dominant majority and Swamiji's interpretations that ties in with the precessional cycle (one polar wobble) and talks about King Parikshit.

Interestingly, if the fixed annual rate of 54" (also used by Soorya-siddhant followers) is replaced by the more modern annual value (50.333...) one arrives at essentially the Raman ayanamsha! Usha Shashi's treatise, though, touches on the very slowly varying annual precessional rate (neither 54 nor 50.333...) which I believe modern astronomers/astrophysicists too recommend.

For most astros these micro-variations are not of much practical consequences, given the disagreements on how the divisionals must be calculated :-(

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

Anmohiey

Post by Anmohiey » 23 Jul 2016

SoulLight wrote:
> I do not agree with Anmohiey ji. I agree with Tylorechandra.
> Kundalis have been used for forecasting predictions even in mythological texts.
> Here is an example:
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32LmejngK18
> Also, from my kundali, I was told I will marry a guy with Vrischik or Vrishabh rashi
> and it happened.

Oum Gum Ganapathaye Namah

Thanks for your mail. I could not watch the video for which link was provided.
But request to provide any reference books/documents to read instead.
Not only me as taught by my Guru never could get any incidental reference in mythology where any thing was decided based on Jyotishis advance prediction!
If there are any videos, the authenticity needs to be verified.
The prediction part you referred was against Prashna and same does not fall under Natal Charts.
Best regards,
anmohiey