Do you need intuition to read a chart?

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Do you need intuition to read a chart?

Post by tandav » 28 Mar 2015

Hi all,

Is well-developed intuition needed in order to successfully read a chart?
I am not sure if all astrologers have a strong sense of intuition or 3rd eye activation, etc. however I did hear that it is an important factor in reading a chart successfully.
I also heard that some astrologers meditate on a chart before reading it. Not sure if its true.

I happen to not be very intuitive, is there a way to improve intuition?

Thanks

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you need intuition to read a chart?

Post by Dr Neeraj » 29 Mar 2015

Dear Tandav
Astrology is not Mathematics where 2+2 is always 4. Here every single dictum has exceptions.
Intuition is always an added tool for the chart analysis. Gayatri mantra is one of the best way to develop this.
God bless you
Neeraj

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 29 Mar 2015

Dr Neeraj, does the moon have to be strengthen as well (esp if debilitated)?

Tandav

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 31 Mar 2015

Strong Moon is always a bliss but the other combinations are also important.

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 12 Apr 2015

Dear tandav,
Intuition is an important requirement.No doubt.
However meditating on a chart as you said is not understood or seen earlier.
Daily routine required for an astrologer is available in many classics.
But in this modern era majority astrologers are reluctant to follow those
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 06 May 2015

in my opinion, intuition is like having nitro boost in your car.
a very well developed analytical ability is your car.
intuition only takes you there quicker.

but the reason just a highly developed analytical skill set won't work, is that the total astrological knowledge that prevails today is not complete, at many places corrupted.
so that is to say, v dont get good quality fuel these days for our car.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 23 Jun 2015

Hello T.,

One should not worry too much about intuition etc. It is in most cases, and if they are leading a worldly life (studying, raising a family, working and earning through a non-astrological livelihood, have social obligations etc, iow, most of us ordinary folks -- while having a passion for astrology and/or spiritualism/occultism,), much of that is beyond our direct control. However, we must continue to study astrology and more importantly charts because astrology runs dangerously closely parallel to astro-fitology! Given the prevailing differences in opinions and interpretations in astrology {munde munde mati bhinna} relying on analytical skills can be misleading too at times. But that is what we must be mindful about. Also, while some creative musings are fine, trying to change fundamentals such as where planets are exalted or what areas are ruled by which planet in one of its many roles (e.g., occupant, owner, associate, types of karakas, etc etc) must be approached very carefully.

Unlike other divinatory modalities which rely mostly on symbolisms, astrology seems to include lot of logic and what appears like logic or logical, but at the base of it all are symbolisms that appear to be axiomatic. Similarly, one must be wary of dragging in interpretations from other systems which might in their own right and place might be of value. For example homeopathy or Ayurveda are of great benefit to ailing humans but mixing those up indiscriminately can be recipes for failure for the patient!

And if time, desire and possibilities permit, it certainly cannot hurt to strengthen our spiritual practices etc, but without getting obsessive-compulsive about those. ;-)
Rohiniranjan

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 24 Jun 2015

Yay you replied! I'm glad to hear intuition won't be necessary. Finding the time for jyotish is hard enough.

But I must say you, you have quite a gift with words. The articulation, the vivid vocabulary, and the appropriate usage of emoticons. Its very creative and pleasant to read. Be sure to keep it up Rohiniranjan ji :)

Tandav

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 24 Jun 2015

tandav wrote:Yay you replied! I'm glad to hear intuition won't be necessary. Finding the time for jyotish is hard enough.

But I must say you, you have quite a gift with words. The articulation, the vivid vocabulary, and the appropriate usage of emoticons. Its very creative and pleasant to read. Be sure to keep it up Rohiniranjan ji :)

Tandav
I did not say that intuition is not 'necessary'! I just said not to worry about it or make a special effort or make any major changes in lifestyle etc. We all are intuitive and while there may be 'focused or fast track' means to acquire such faculties, the intuitive-tuning tends to kick in as experience and understanding grows. True for any subject, sector, pursuit in life.

The more effortless a pursuit is, the more enjoyable it truly becomes. And -- remains!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 13 Sep 2016

Astrology with Intuition give more accuracy. As it is related with 6th sense. Knowledge also must. Astrology is a divine knowledge and it works only with divine blessings in the form of intuition.

Occitane

Post by Occitane » 07 Sep 2017

I believe we always use intuition when we are reading a chart; exploring the chart with our reasoning would be Budha, but finding quick ways to unite the comprehension of it, that's Guru, with a lot of intuition.

joyd

Post by joyd » 08 Sep 2017

sage Parashara clearly mentioned this as "wooho poho".Intuition is an essential tool in analysing the charts.
regards/joyd

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 14 Nov 2017

I earlier also had said intuition is must. But without knowledge in classic dictum intuition is meaningless.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 18 Mar 2021

Hi,

Chart interpretation is both a science and an art. When analytical methods are applied it is a science and when there is inspiration, it is an art. I believe that the inspiration that comes from within is also called intuition.

Regards,
KMD