Astrology, & why subtle things are, well, subtle & hidden?!

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
TheSeeker
Astrology, & why subtle things are, well, subtle & hidden?!

Post by TheSeeker » 05 Feb 2015

hello everyone!

1. the case of astrology in Indian courts:

i earnestly want to know, where can i read the full details of this case for the fight for astrology, ie, am interested in knowing what all arguments did Shri K.N. Rao had put forth to defeat his opponents in this case. this, because since some time, my mental calm has been terribly disturbed by the rising silly infatuation of the newer generations with 'rationalism', hard-headed skepticism, atheism, etc., and scientists harping on to their saleable commodity of 'scientific temperament devoid of superstitions', 'astrology is myth', blah blah blah blah..., even after getting soundly defeated on atleast the front of astrology, their ego doesn't let them gulp down their shortcoming, and they spring back to put up another charade! though the case with India's people and scientists is still better(as i came to know through a recent article of scientist pushp m. bhargav, where he was lamenting others of his fraternity for their 'lack of scientific temperament', like the ISRO chief who visited Tirupati temple before the launch of Mangalyaan!). in the western part, am seeing a sharp rise in militant behaviour on the part of such people, all in the name of fancy notions of 'humanism', absolute freedom of this & that, etc.
anyway, long back, i had resolved not to engage in debates or discussions with anyone, esp. on the net, just to preserve mental peace, and esp. on such topics, as i understood that perhaps most of them are not destined to know better in this lifetime. however, don't know what dasa am i running (i don't know astrology), i see that nowadays am getting provoked/aggressive at times, and get invariably attracted to the writings/comments of such people, and often start engaging them. however, in the hindsight, i realise that those few of us who are not snobs and 'right-men' (those fanatics who consider their way to be the ONLY way, and who get royally dazed & confused and mad & attacking, when countered, and when they encounter the reality), we've been 'endowed' with far less 'tools' to defend ourselves or/and assert our position. just my opinion, which gives rise to my 2nd question............

2. why are the subtle realities of life (so) hidden from the gross senses, allowing only glimpses, at times?!

it may be because God doesn't want everyone, or most of us, to delve deep into this, or get 'distracted' by them, and instead, keep following their own path as the 'script' has been handed out to them, as if there's no one pulling the strings from behind the (invisible) screen, and on the account of temporary suspension of one's earlier memories, s/he's to act as if s/he's on his own, like on sort of testing grounds. everyone's turn to delve into the finer realities would come at the appropriate time, in some lifetime, but at a given time in this KaliYuga, the stark materialists/mercenaries/naysayers/cynics, etc., they will ALWAYS outweigh the ones who get attuned to the Higher realities, and would always come to rule the roost, in these times (borrowing from Shri Rao's Jyotish Guru's quote).
i would certainly like to read what knowledgeable members have to expound on this. please do, as and when you find the time & inclination.

thanks!

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Astrology, & why subtle things are, well, subtle & hidde

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 06 May 2015

these "scientists" are already at the threshold of proving the existence of "god" in spite of their inclination to do the opposite :lol: all thanks to einstein and other physicists who made headway into quatum physics.

just one more genius like einstein for science can make "scientists" accept god.
but then there is the possibility of "scientists" still being hostile toward "religion" (because of the fallacies of religion due to corruption of each of the religions over time), but they wont be able to deny spirituality and will be forced to uphold it.

just go through all the progress of quantum theory, combine it with big bang theory and juxtapose it with whatever has been said in "religions" about the endless cycles of creation, sustenance and destruction of the universe, to get the "tool" to defend, which you said is not there.

as to the second point, i have diametrically opposite view of the opening phrase.
god does want everyone to get the subtle realities.
it's just that not "everyone" ready for at any given point in time.
this universe and its endless cycles of expansion(creation, sustenance) and collapse(destruction), are like 'school'.
each cycle is like an academic year. those that are at 1st standard(class/grade) only advance to 2nd standard at the end of it.
those that are at the final standard(class/grade) move on to a totally different state of being called "moksha", from which unless they wish to, they dont return to these worlds.
so this wave of skeptics in this yuga, is a moment in the huge scheme of things.

it's best to be not be bothered about it and to focus on our spiritual progress.
this is my opinion. thanks for your time.

Snr

Post by Snr » 06 May 2015

Last edited by Snr on 14 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 06 May 2015

i guess most of are :D

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 13 May 2015

deleted
Last edited by hari766 on 20 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Sudarshang

Post by Sudarshang » 03 Jun 2015

vyvasvatha manu has stated some very good points. here is what I have heard one upanyaskar tell about why Vedic scriptures are subtle and truth is hidden.

Consider that in today's world, defense establishments across the globe (just of the three largest powers - US, Russia, and China alone) have the ability to wipe out life on earth several times over. with that said, these destructive weapons are kept secretly under the ultimate control of each country's Head of State. Common man cannot even visualize the levels of security in which these weapons are guarded let alone get access to controlling or deploying them. (Fortunately, these weapons systems lack the ability to destroy the entire solar system or the Universe we are living in, which, in God's scheme of things has several planets that support life.)

The knowledge of the Vedic scriptures contain diverse knowledge - not only about attaining moksha, but also about several siddhis that one can attain. They include, among others, ability to access the divine weapons that were used by Arjuna and others. The genius Asuras and Rakshasas like Hiranyaksha, Hiranyakashipu, Tripurasura, Banausra, Bhasmasura, Kamsa, Ravana, Kumbhakarna, etc. used the knowledge of the scriptures combined with penance to acquire immense powers to control the entire solar system. Even the Sun, the Moon, the Saturn and all the Navagrahas were subservient to Ravana and used to obey his commands at one time. If such knowledge is made available to easy access, as if like reading Panchatantra Stories, imagine what the Husseins, Bushs, Gaddafi's etc. would have done? Especially in Kaliyuga, in which, Dharma is standing on one foot (as opposed to its original 4), they are better hidden or considered lost than revealed!

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 03 Jun 2015

they are better hidden or considered lost than revealed!

very interesting but true.