Authenticity of Black Magic

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
health79
Authenticity of Black Magic

Post by health79 » 11 Oct 2014

Dear members..Sorry for posting here as I didn't find an appropriate place for my query .....I have a question about the authenticity of black magic and personally I don't believe in it...can this black magic change one's destiny ...then what is role of our birth chart..I think if something we are destined then we will get it, no one can change it. As I know someone, whose family has seen lots of ups and down..most of the astrologers say that someone has done some "black magic" on them that's why there is a lot of suffering.Otherwise if I talk about their karma is I would "100% for the well being" for others..then also so much misery.....so is there something like black magic which can change one's destiny.......!!

TheSeeker

Re: Authenticity of Black Magic

Post by TheSeeker » 13 Feb 2015

[quote="health79"]Dear members..Sorry for posting here as I didn't find an appropriate place for my query .....I have a question about the authenticity of black magic and personally I don't believe in it...can this black magic change one's destiny ...then what is role of our birth chart..I think if something we are destined then we will get it, no one can change it. As I know someone, whose family has seen lots of ups and down..most of the astrologers say that someone has done some "black magic" on them that's why there is a lot of suffering.Otherwise if I talk about their karma is I would "100% for the well being" for others..then also so much misery.....so is there something like black magic which can change one's destiny.......!![/quote]

i don't know if you or any other would be reading this, but posting nevertheless.

i can't comment from an astrology PoV, but couldn't it be that suffering from someone's evil-eye or black magic cast upon them could be in their 'list' of karmic effects to suffer in this life? after all, its not only this life's karma that get back to you. moreover, Sri Yogananda had a chapter in his book, 'Autobiography of a Yogi', where he had expounded on the topic of willpower, and wrote something to the effect that in his life he had seen that whatever the astrologers may proclaim about the fate of a subject, if one exercised his willpower properly, he could turn the tide in his favour. there's an article by Mr. Vaughn Paul Manley on this. perhaps, free will allows this much leeway.

regarding black magic, although i don't have a first-hand experience with it, but i am not among the one who would scoff at others' experiences if they sounded bizarre for our 'normalcy'! have know about ample such incidents. for instance, i think Swami Rama tells about one experience he had with a Muslim black magician, who would kill a cockerel and bring it back to life. a similar thing was what i watched on youtube some years back. sharing that video with you here (its a bit graphic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFeaBqGJtDk

d-lod

Post by d-lod » 27 Apr 2015

Yes it is debatable topic whether a person suffer because of black magic or his/her past karma, but I have first hand experience, that many family member suffer just because of one person, who get black magic performed for various gains.

neharika
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by neharika » 12 Aug 2015

I believe it works more or less like placebo i.e if you believe in it then it would have an effect on you but if you don't then it won't. Moreover, its one of the ways to do deal with their troubles and have evil thoughts to harm someone then they take black magic's support.

sgoswami40
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sgoswami40 » 25 Aug 2015

Part of the process is already explained above. Actually both the Oppressor and the oppressed are tied up in Karmic relationships. Both are either experiencing the results of past karma or creating new karma to be experienced later. As regards will power, it also depends upon the state of evolution of one's soul. Souls who have to repay a large amount of Karmic debt become the oppressed ones and the load of karmic debt is so huge that their will power is too feeble or almost negligible which they are unable to use.
Over many lifetimes when you have washed away most of your karmic debt, you are able to exercise your will power and evolve.
A yogi moves above the karmic cycle wherein he gets empowered to burn whatver is left of his karmic imprints finally evolving into Samadhi and getting freed from the cycle of re-birth.

sgoswami40
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sgoswami40 » 25 Aug 2015

You have to be at a certain level of spiritual evolution to be able to exercise the power of Free will.

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 12 Sep 2016

There are combinations of planets in your horoscope which makes you vulnerable to the effect of black magic. If there is affliction to Sun, Moon, Saturn, Mars with Rahu and Ketu in particular houses than only it will harm otherwise it will never ever effect. It there is eclipse in the birth chart or Rahu is very malefic or Saturn is negative or if there is the combination of Mars and Saturn in the birth chart or combination of Moon with Saturn native will face negative energies and get affected with the black magic. Placement of badhekesh in the birth chart is also important if it connected to 6th house or its lord and 6th lord in 1st, 7th, 12th houses and Mars connected with lagna also ketu in 1st , 4th, 10th, house and Mars connected to lagna. Mercury with mandi or gulika aspected by mars in badhak sthana will make the native to suffer from Black Magic . If these combinations are their in the birth chart native will get afflicted with Black Magic during the dasha/antra of said combinations. These combinations can be seen in very small percentage of people. Only a learned astrologer can detect that. When we are going through a bad phase in life we try to find an object or person to pin our blame. There might be some unfavorable times written in your life indicated by horoscope. It is not always because black magic you suffer. People who do black magic or get it done suffer much more than the people on whom it is done, what we do to others will come back to us, good or bad.