Latest article: The Challenge of Modifying Karma

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
J K Sharma
Contributor
Contributor
Karmas

Post by J K Sharma » 04 Apr 2009

Hello friends,

Like Anupam said, it’s true that in Palmestry, line can change. But here any change in line/lines indicate that some new Karma has been done or being done which shows there effect in both ways: Visual results and there indication in Palm. I have observed that.

Second thing is that about Horoscope indication, the Horoscope indicates the situation which we are getting or will get in future based on one’s past life Karmas. But here two things are important:
1. One cannot alter past life Karma and has to face them.
2. One has freedom to act according to his wish which one can do new Karma according to his own wish.
Now if one do SatChandi Path (Durga Saptsati’s 100 Path)- people in general say that: This thing will change Karmas. But here I think that this Prayoga will generate know good / auspicious whose positive impact will be so much that other negative will not be considered. One can under like this: If he has debt of Rs. 100/- and by new doing he earned Rs. 100000/- , then what about debt. The debt is still there, but the high volume earning diminishes that little debt.

Thanks

J K Sharma

Basab

Post by Basab » 04 Apr 2009

Hi Mahesh,

Sage Parashar, who being the father of vedic astrology, talking about remedies, in his book BPHS, is a guarantee in itself of remedies working. But to what extent remedies works is a matter of question.

I feel, remedies will not let you escape your karma, it just can reduce the intensity of the suffering that you are destined to suffer.

Again, the nature of karma, should also be taken into consideration as inflexible karmas can't be changed by remedies, only flexible karmas can be changed to some extent by remedies.

If you again look at the type of karmas, one of them is Kriyamana Karma, which is about using free will to change our destiny.

About many paths being there, with each of them bringing a different destiny for the native, I remember reading about it in the book "PAST LIVES FUTURE LIVES" by Dr. Bruce Goldberg. But in the book there is also mention that one will take that particular path, which will lead him to his predestined destiny because the other paths will be extremely difficult and almost impossible to walk on.

For example: suppose you get very sick, making you so weak that you can't walk a step, on the day you are supposed to join a job, and if you don't go to office the first day, you will lose the job, then if you still go for the job, with your extreme weakness due to sickness, you are using your free will to make the impossible possible, to alter your destiny with your free will.
Last edited by Basab on 04 Apr 2009, edited 3 times in total.

Basab

Post by Basab » 04 Apr 2009

Hi Ninaji,

Good to see you back in the discussion board. :D

seshgirik

Post by seshgirik » 12 Nov 2009

Good article on free will.

scribd[dot]com[slash]document_downloads[slash]20850672?extension=pdf

Regards
seshagiri

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Latest article: The Challenge of Modifying Karma

Post by kandhan » 21 Jul 2011

anupamji

is the name of the author Noel Jaqualin? there does not seem to be a book on palmistry by such an author? Can you give the name of the book?
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 21 Jul 2011

Kandhan ji,

Even Chiero says the same thing. You might find it in the introduction to the 'Language of the hand'. I don't know if its still in print.
Speaking of Chiero, this is an old newpaper cip. You might find it interesting :)
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 5B8485F0D3

regards,
S

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 21 Jul 2011

Tnx for the link Sunny. i heard that he learnt panchanguli sadhana from an Indian Guru and that was the reason for his accurate predictions.

actually i was interested in Jacqlin's book because anupamji says that he had prescribed remedies on avoiding the diseases. does Cheiro's book cover these aspects.

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 21 Jul 2011

Hi Kandhan ji,

Yes I also heard he practiced Panchanguli sadhana somehwere in India and read texts about palmistry that are not commonly available. But I don't think he talks about any remedies. He at one instant says its possible to cast a horoscope by looking at the palm. So he might have been aware of remedies as well.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 22 Jul 2011

ok

Tnx Anupamji.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 25 Jul 2011

Thanks for the info Anupamji.

ashak

Post by ashak » 30 Jul 2011

I think this article is enlightening. I have a belief-there is a fixed predestination but there are several ways of getting to that point. one way might be straight and easy and others might be hard and rocky. both get you there. one might make u reach the destination in 12 months another will take you there in 2 years.

this is the freewill.

asha

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 14 Aug 2011

I think, if u try really really hard, you might be able to change the course of ur life but the final result will still be wat it is supposed to be..

or may be..even the alteration of the course was predetermined too...
Last edited by Humannature on 18 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

gurdev_rattan

Post by gurdev_rattan » 21 Aug 2011

I have also seen my right hand lines changing with time and karma and deeds I perform.

It is 100% true that one can change his destiny if he wants. But there should be strong will to do so.
Horoscope also plays an important part in the deeds you perform good or bad. It will only indicate that what kind of deeds you perform but what deeds actually you do depends on you.

birthtimes

Post by birthtimes » 29 Nov 2011

This discussion regarding palmistry reminds me of Cheiro's famous works on the subject. If I knew how to upload a chart here, I would do so, but Cheiro's birth information is as follows if anyone would like to post his chart. The Rodden Rating is A. Cheiro also practiced astrology and numerology.

Born on November 1, 1866 at 10:53 AM LMT in Dublin, Ireland.

nageshtr

Post by nageshtr » 18 Dec 2011

Hello friends:

Coming back to fixed karma and flexible karma, if someone is repeatedly failing to come out of the bad state of affairs in life in spite of sincere remedies and sincere practices in the present life, can one come to a conclusion that the quantum of the past karma is huge and that is not allowing him to come out of his situation? Please Clarify.

Thanks n Regards,
Nagesh T.R.

d-lod

Post by d-lod » 01 May 2015

Interesting discussion and very important for everyone to learn, about their right to change the destiny through free will.

I have experienced changing line in my left hand, and am firm believer that everyone act according to their spiritual DNA, but has absolute free will to participate in destiny making. The events reappear in one's life for great deal of time, and you are given similar choices, but how you take advantage, depends upon you.

There has to be an alignment of past and present karma, all around positivity (of place, people and psyche) and very strong will, to achieve destined path.

Thanks, I am looking forward to more opinion please.