When does a planet get combust?

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vinda
Contributor
Contributor
When does a planet get combust?

Post by vinda » 04 Oct 2013

I came across a video on you tube by Kapiel Raj which says that a planet starts to combust only when it is within 6.20 degrees from sun. But classical texts say planets are combust before this. According to you personal experience with astrology do all planets resist being combust up to 6.20 degrees? Do you think he is right?

to watch this video search for: "combust planets KRS channel" on you tube.

Thank you.

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: When does a planet get combust?

Post by exalted mars!. » 07 Oct 2013

look i think our maharishis was way smarter than our common people now...,if they say they are combust at specific degree that it will be..no objection in that..
EM!
!! samaya kevalum balayasi !!,

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA...(~_~)~~~~

dc_4m_kolkata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by dc_4m_kolkata » 07 Oct 2013

Cannot agree more...combustion degrees varies from planet to planet

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 09 Oct 2013

Though classics gave different degrees varying from 12-15 deg but my personal experience is within 3 deg of Sun, every planet combust, this is the time for really bad results.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 09 Oct 2013

Vinda ji,

Classical text Verses are mentioning the full result only but it doesn't have to be full (for the native) because a combust planet may be mildly combust only. Moreover Classical Texts give information in isolated verses and its up to the Astrologer to consolidate it all before declaring the result. For e.g. a planet may be fully combust but having digbala or in strong aspect to a benefic or having (several) other sorts of strengths such as temporal strength etc. etc. Or it could be in old age so the results or lack thereof are minimal. One can see where this is getting.

Personal suggestion: Take KRS channel and many other Internet sources for entertainment purposes only or better stay away from them altogether, you will learn a lot from these sources but then when you want to really learn Astrology you will have to unlearn a lot.

Rathore

yesyenyes

Post by yesyenyes » 18 Dec 2013

Hello,

In addition to beautiful explanation by others and rathoreji, here are my thoughts.
1. One has to look at the sign as well. So let's take sun and Venus within 7 degrees.
In Aries sign: sun typically exalted at 19 degrees and Venus wth sun here could potentially get combusted both by the house and by sun.
In libra sign: sun gets debilitated at 19 degree and Venus own mooltrikona house. Powerful Venus with debilitated sun here and so the combustion effect is minimum.

Hope this helps.

S

Voronwe

Post by Voronwe » 27 Feb 2014

I have sun, mars and rahu in lagna in my navamsa chart. could someone please tell me if my mars is combust?

DOB: 30 AUGUST 1973
TOB: 2:25AM
POB: RANCHI

Any other inputs on my chart would also help me immensely.

Thank you in advance.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 28 Feb 2014

Dear LOVA members,

I am responding to an old thread which I just saw. I have been looking for a very long time for one or more chart examples where combustion can be demonstration as the only or the significant adverse or negative factor responsible for a defect or problematical event - illness etc in the nativity, either lifelong or during the periods of the combust planet or dispositors etc.

Publicly or privately, as you prefer.
Much appreciated,
Regards,
Rohiniranjan

{Addendum: Does *combustion* share some commonality with the phenomenon of **Eclipses**? There are the lunar phases, for instance, and we see the new-moon and full-moon, every month (sometimes more!) but the eclipses occur at larger intervals, even though 'longitudinal' positionings of sun and moon are similar, namely, lunar eclipses occur at certain full moons, while solar eclipses at certain new moons! Extrapolating from that para-longitudinal phenomenon, perhaps combustion should be considered not simply as a 'longitudinal' apposition...? I wonder (again!) ;-)}
Last edited by Crystalpages on 30 Apr 2014, edited 3 times in total.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 20 Mar 2014

Voronwe wrote:DOB: 30 AUGUST 1973
Dear Voronwe
Plz note for the combustion the planets must be in same sign as well as same navamsa.
In ur natal chart Sun is in Leo and Mars is in Aries. Though they are in same navamsa but too far away in their signs.
So none of the planet is combust in ur chart.
God bless you
Neeraj

meena77

Post by meena77 » 21 Apr 2014

Dr Neeraj,

Is my chart Venus 23 degrees is in lagna Pisces exalted and retro conjuct with Sun 22 degrees. In navamsa Sun is in Aquaris
and Venus in capricorn. Is my Venus combust Pls suggest.

Regards,

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Apr 2014

Dear Meena
Ven at 23 deg and Sun at 22 deg makes Ven totally combust.
God bless you
Neeraj

bowly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bowly » 23 Apr 2014

hey dr neeraj,greetings

aroung 18th of sept 2014 venus gets combust till 2 oct 2014..can it get combust for so long

meena77

Post by meena77 » 23 Apr 2014

thanks Dr Neeraj

harsha0498
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by harsha0498 » 04 Aug 2014

Any planet + or -5 degree from sun is combust. Such a combust planet is in angry state or kopitha avastha. The planet, its significations may suffer, including its lordship placed in the other houses, when the dasha or antardasha operates.
However, there are suitable remedies to nullify its bad effect, shanti karma, pacifying the bad, evil or combust planets.
I am an astrologer from kerala. If you want to know about the rituals for a combust planet, PM me with your details.

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 15 Sep 2016

Dr Neeraj wrote:
Voronwe wrote:DOB: 30 AUGUST 1973
Dear Voronwe
Plz note for the combustion the planets must be in same sign as well as same navamsa.
In ur natal chart Sun is in Leo and Mars is in Aries. Though they are in same navamsa but too far away in their signs.
So none of the planet is combust in ur chart.
God bless you
Neeraj
Dr.Neeraj,

My Venus is 3 Degrees away from Sun in the sign of Scorpio in 6H of my D1 but not in the same navamsa.
Venus is in a parivartan with 6L Mars. Does that mean Venus is combust ?
What are the incidents which should have happend in my previous Venus AD's to confirm that the Venus is
combust ?

Nov/17/74
20:21
Pune

Thanks

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 17 Sep 2016

planets within 3 degree 20 minutes get cumbust
some consider 5 degree also mean a planet within 5 degree from sun is combust

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 17 Sep 2016

True , less than 5 degree mostly it is considered combust. I somehow feel it is not exactly given combust Venus result.
What kind of events should have happend in my life especially during the antar dashas of Venus to confirm that my Venus is
giving results of a combust planet. Venus is in a parivartan with Mars and also in conjunction with Rahu, The Mars is aspected by a Vargottam Jupiter from 9H of Aquarius.

Nov/17/74
20:21
Pune

Thanks

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 17 Sep 2016

Are u married and do u have children? boy or girl?

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 17 Sep 2016

Married, have an excellent relationship with my wife. 2 kids a girl and a boy.

Thanks

vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vj1981 » 27 Sep 2016

Is it true that a retrograde and vargottam mercury is not considered combust? My Mercury(Lagna and rashi lord) and Sun are in 5th house libra and are closely conjunct at 1 degree.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 27 Sep 2016

OK, venus, is deep combust but still you have successful marriage and also children including son. First of all, for a combust venus for a male, for matching the female chart is also so chosen that she also has combust venus. But in your case it has worked wrt marriage and also children.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 27 Sep 2016

Aravind,
What you say does not correspond at all to the horoscope I get by feeding your date of birth. There your venus is in own house in the 4th.

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 27 Sep 2016

Dev,

Guess you are feeding incorrect data.
Nov/17/74
8:21 PM
Pune

Venus is also involved in a Parivartan and is also conjunct Rahu

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 27 Sep 2016

Aravind,
According to my observations, for inferior planets i.e. Mercury and Venus, combustion effects are felt only if the degree of combustion is nearly a degree. Also, the effects are felt when the planets are getting into combustion (their longitude less than that of Sun) rather than when they are coming out of combustion. In your case, the difference in longitudes is nearly 3 degrees and Venus is coming out of combustion.
Combustion effects may not be felt fully, but it would give its rogakaraka result. Any illness in the first half of 2015? Eyesight? Sugar levels? Backbone related?
TKC

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 27 Sep 2016

No health issuess have a mild lower back ache for the past 15 yrs but not significant,
Doesn't effect any of my daily routine. It is more like a
Mild niggle.

Even I believe Venus is holding higher degree , 3 Deg or more
Probably doesnot fall in the classic case of combustion

Thanks