Timing for Spiritual Initiation

For discussion about any article, old or new, on the LightOnVedicAstrology.com or JournalOfAstrology.com websites.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
birthtimes
Timing for Spiritual Initiation

Post by birthtimes » 04 Jul 2013

Here is the February 28, 2007 article from the Vedic Astrology Diary Archives...

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/dailyj ... 022807.htm

By K.N. Rao, from Yogis, Destiny, and the Wheel of Time, - ch. 4

In later years, I worked on nearly five hundred horoscopes to find out the time for spiritual initiation. Not those 'herds,' who led like sheep into a camp for collective initiation, but for individual initiation. I chose the best of such gurus and their disciples for my research. The findings are the following:

Vimshottari Dasha (Parashari system)
The mahadasha will generally be of a benefic, or the 5th or 9th lord in the birth horoscope. Part of this will be repeated in the Vimshamsha horoscope (20th divisional chart) also.

Chara Dasha (Jaimini system)
The rashi dasha (sign dasha) will be the 5th or 9th house from the lagna, or alternatively, the dasha containing the putrakaraka (planet with the 5th highest degrees in any sign) or with the putrakaraka in the 5th house from the rashi dasha. Part of this will be repeated in the Vimshamsha horoscope.

Transit
In transit, Jupiter will be aspecting natal Ketu, or will be transiting on it, or will be in the 5th or 9th house. Saturn should be aspecting the birth lagna or the lagna lord, but not Ketu. Saturn's aspect on the natal Moon is excellent (for spiritual initiation).

This is also valid in my case. When I was initiated as a disciple and kriyaban of Paramhansa Yogananda, I was experiencing the following: 1) Mercury mahadasha in Vimshottari Dasha, ruler of the rashi 9th House. Mercury is lord of the 5th House in my Vimshamsha chart 2) Gemini mahadasha in Chara Dasha, which is the 9th House from the lagna, as well as PK Mars in Gemini. In the Vimshamsha chart, the PK planet is located in the 5th House from the antardasha 3) Transiting Jupiter was aspecting natal 5th House Ketu, and transiting Saturn was conjunct natal Moon in my Vimshamsha chart. 8)